Fiero museum in MI. Any new info?? by David DeVoe
Started on: 05-22-2006 11:19 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: FrugalFiero on 06-01-2006 10:54 PM
David DeVoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
I remember reading here that a guy named Tim Evans was building a Fiero museum in Sanford, MI. Does anyone have an update on that? If there really is such a place it would make a killer road trip for those of us living in mid Michigan. Anyone know anything about it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
guy has like 20 fiero's maybe more maybe less? couple of my dads friends live out that way told me I should check it out if I needed parts, but I don't think he sells any of it. He's always looking to buy fiero's.

not much help, but I think he's out just to buy them

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula Bluuuuuuuuuue!

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
would be cool to see if there was one!
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it would be cool. I'm hoping to hear from a forum member Arkaiser who I think knows him and can probably give us more info. If it really is there then I will try to get a group together for a road trip.
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Yes Tim does have a shop set up and I am sure he would love to have people stop by. I haven't been to the place myself since he was first setting it up. It's one of the places on my list to make a trip to some Saturday. He sells both cars and parts. And boy does he have parts. Last I knew he had a couple of trailer loads he hadn't even inventoried.

See this and other threads
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057808.html

[This message has been edited by ARKaiser (edited 05-23-2006).]

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
We need photos

------------------
I have a Fiero.. Weeeee

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Anyone live close to him? Can you talk him into opening his garage for the 25th ann'y show weekend?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

25th ann'y show weekend?

What and when is this?

------------------
Check out my 3800 swap thread and lend your advice!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072877.html

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
ARKaiser, why don't you take a run over there and give us an up to the minute update. I have a few guys here in the Flint area who would like to make it a day trip, but it would help if we knew where it was and when he's open. I might even be able to arrange a ride along for someone who has a laid up Fiero or who is thinking about buying one but needs convincing.
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post

David DeVoe

1358 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Hey ARKaiser better yet do you have his phone number?
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
David - you have a PM. I'm headed up that general direction on Saturday. I might talk the people I'm with into a side trip but I wouldn't count on it. Your best bet is to contact Tim directly and set something up with him.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes, there is a Fiero museum here in Michigan. havent been there myself, just heard about it. after I get my steering back in, I'll go check it out. sry - no camara - so no pics will be posted. I'll just say yeah, cool - or no, dumb. but, I'll get a t-shirt anyways
and, then I'll get drunk, and forget what I saw there, so no details will be given....

------------------
1985 Fiero SE - Plain Red V6 Coupe
3.1 Crane272 MSD 4.10-4spd DarthChip Borla
D.A.M.M. - Drunks Against Mad Mothers

dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Direct Link to This Post
I have some old stuff from the GM Library that he might be interested in... does he have a E-mail address?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dezie36:

I have some old stuff from the GM Library that he might be interested in... does he have a E-mail address?

wow, nice ratings bar. how does such a nice guy end up with so much red?
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Pyrthian, if you're going to get drunk just stop by my place here in Grand Blanc, and we can get a good start plus tell lots of lies and bs about Fieros. Seriously though, I always have Labatts and Killians on hand for emergencies. You can't be too careful with the hurricane season approaching.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dezie36:

I don't know Tim Evans or his email address, but on this subject you have a PM.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David DeVoe:
I always have Labatts and Killians on hand for emergencies.

MMM - WISE MAN!

me & wifies favorite beers! we just discovered Micholob Amber Bach - good stuff

------------------
1985 Fiero SE - Plain Red V6 Coupe
3.1 Crane272 MSD 4.10-4spd DarthChip Borla
D.A.M.M. - Drunks Against Mad Mothers

David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't that Bach guy a musician?? Just kidding, I'll make it a point to try some. But seriously about that Bach guy.....................Something about night music.
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have been in contact with Tim Evans and indeed he is building a Fiero Museum in Sanford, Mi. He has had some setbacks on the building but is working to finish it. He currently has every model of Fiero and all colors except yellow. He mentioned that the cars are not cleaned up and ready for display and I got to thinking that in itself might be a worthwhile roadtrip. Go up there and give him a hand for an afternoon.
He expects the work on the building to be much further along in approx 6 weeks, and he is usually there on the weekends which are the best time to go. I'm going to see what can be put together. Guess I'll have to learn more about the Sanford area.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Well I am interested in maybe being a part of whatever you guys figure out.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
ditto
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
I'll keep you posted. I would like to have as many cars as possible, theres just something cool about a whole lot of anything together on the road and of course it would give Tim a boost. Sounds like he has been working hard on this thing with very little help. So far I have 2 cars lined up for sure and will try to contact 2 more soon. Another consideration is to plan the route so that the guys from the western side of the state can link up with us. Then again there must be some Fieros in the Tri City area. I guess we'll see
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
David - keep up informed as to time and date. I know that I would love to go help out Tim if I don't already have plans (and week ends are filling up fast.

Thanks for your effort on this
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Well, as of now I have no real idea when it will happen, but will be sure to let you know. It will be this summer for sure though.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Well I am interested in maybe being a part of whatever you guys figure out.

Same here....

------------------
Tim
Red 88 Formula Auto 2.8 100K+ Miles

The problem with political jokes is...they get elected!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock