Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The sonic50 build up! This should be fun (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
The sonic50 build up! This should be fun by sonic50
Started on: 03-31-2006 03:55 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: sonic50 on 05-25-2006 12:06 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
A question about your new spark plugs.
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/DSCN2877_(Small).JPG
Are they the same for a Camaro 3.4 -95 engine and what is the product number?
Tried too find this information in sweden but without luck.

regards SHARKMAN
IP: Logged
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
When I get home I will check it out for you.
Scott
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Get rid of those Plus 4 sparkplugs. Our ignition systems don't like them and they will foul up real quickly. Get some plain AC Delcos, they will work much better.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 04-24-2006).]

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Get rid of those Plus 4 sparkplugs. Our ignition systems don't like them and they will foul up real quickly. Get some plain AC Delcos, they will work much better.

Thanks for the advice but I have had theses spark plugs in all of my fieros. In both of my 88 and in my 86 and they do a good job.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sharkman:

A question about your new spark plugs.
https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/DSCN2877_(Small).JPG
Are they the same for a Camaro 3.4 -95 engine and what is the product number?
Tried too find this information in sweden but without luck.

regards SHARKMAN

I could not find the box that they came in. So I don't have a parts number.
Sorry

Scott
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Well I am not going to be able to get the steering wheel. If any one has a nice racing wheel for sell under 100 dollars Pm me. I hate how big the stock wheel is.
Also I want to think Rodney Dickman he had a problem and called me and he was able to fix it. So what I bought from him will be here some time soon.

Scott
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I second the 'getting rid of' Bosch Platinumns in any flavor. May seem to run ok with them, bet it runs better with stock A/C Delcos or plain NGK plugs.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

I second the 'getting rid of' Bosch Platinumns in any flavor. May seem to run ok with them, bet it runs better with stock A/C Delcos or plain NGK plugs.

Let me ask you this? What is wrong with them? What do they do that makes it car run so bad?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sonic50:

Let me ask you this? What is wrong with them? What do they do that makes it car run so bad?

I had thes in my 84, a 4cy, but none the less; i did a little test, puled one plug to see which was better, the AC Delcos or the Bosch's. the Bosch's would spark on more than one of the "prongs" and would be a dimmer smaller spark, where the AC Delco's had on solid bright spark. I was doing this and fouled up some cheapo frams in less than 20 miles, and put the ac delco's in, and had some bosch's i figured i see which had the best spark.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Look what I got in the mail today!!

No more belt Squealing

I am going to be getting alot more stuff on thursday so keep tune!!
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Stuff planning on getting on Thursday.
1. headliner board.
2. headliner
3. head light motors
4. Heater core
5. gas cap door. Old one fell off. LOL
6. a new oil pan.
7. front fender for the 88 coupe

Working on the car on sunday.
What I am going to be doing it put the pulley kit on.
Heater core in.
I might be putting the head liner on. I am not sure yet.
I am going to try to put the head light wiring harness in and the motors. I am planning on getting flush mounts but I am getting all this stuff for free.

I will have photos of me getting the stuff and putting the stuff on the car.
If you have any hints on putting a heater core into a fiero that is not in the Haynes manual please tell me. All help is good.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Photos from today!! Told you that I will have photos.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
So sunday I am going to be putting most of the stuff in the car. Tonight I get a pay check. It is not going to be big paycheck so I thinking I am going to go buy some new seat covers from pepboys or somthing that will look good in the car. Since I hate the seats that are in there. I am not sure if I have a photo of the seats but I will take some pics of before and after.

Scott.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i also vote no platinums.... its an old engine built on old specs.

we tried those vs acdelco on girlfriends 2.8 camaro... acdelcos were better.

but other than that so far so good! now put it in/on the car!

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"
See all of my movies!
For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit F-I-E-R-O's online store Fiero Lives Online

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Well I might change the plugs. I am not sure yet. I will have to wait till my next check to see if I can.

Scott
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I see the headliner board. Try Headlinere Enterprises, Jesse Cone. He is partners in a mobile onsite service. He came out and did my 87 and it was only about $130.00 They do headliners, carpet, dashes, vinyl and leather repair, restorations, and odor elimination. The office number is 770-382-5793 and his cell is 678-986-6206
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

If you have any hints on putting a heater core into a fiero that is not in the Haynes manual please tell me. All help is good.

Find the thread that Jazzman did about heater cores. Its really helpful and full of pics.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, I see the headliner board. Try Headlinere Enterprises, Jesse Cone. He is partners in a mobile onsite service. He came out and did my 87 and it was only about $130.00 They do headliners, carpet, dashes, vinyl and leather repair, restorations, and odor elimination. The office number is 770-382-5793 and his cell is 678-986-6206

I might have to use him.

Originally posted by css9450:

Find the thread that Jazzman did about heater cores. Its really helpful and full of pics.

Found it and going to print it out.

Thanks
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Scott, I have a flexible drive about 10 inches long that I use on a power driver. You're welcome to use it. Works wonders for getting the top screws out of the enclosure. Actually, changing out the core isn't hard if you remove the right speaker.
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Build threads are the greatest, take your time, one step then another, when you look back, it was the road that you
traveled (the journey) not the destination that was worth it all.

Enjoy these times, for they will never come again. Building you car is worth the time and sweat.

Good luck on the build, and make sure that you post the pictures here for us to see

Good luck on the build

Robert

------------------
Thank you,

IZA TOY's Home Page www.IZATOY.com

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I changed out the rotors and pad on my car. But they are still making a grinding type noise. What do you think it is.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I just got back from my dad. We put in the new pulley kit and a heater core and a new gas cap door.
Here are some pics.

Old heater core

new gas cap the one that came with the car fell off going down the road

and the helper.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Also. I put in the Window thing from Rodney that makes the windows come down when the car is not on. If you don’t have one this is one of the best 8 dollars you will spend in your life.

Also I want to say how good the pulley kit works. I am so happy that I spent the money and put it on. If you are having charging problems or even if you car is squealing get this. It takes about 10 min to put on and it is worth it.

That is all for now. I will have some new photos of stuff that I have not told you about some time in the next few days.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I am working with a guy on the forum. I will not say his name just yet but he is making me a short shifter.
I will have pics of him building it soon.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2006 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Some photos of a stock shifter.

A photo of the shifter apart.

And a photo of the shifter done.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Update on the short shifter.

It is done and will be on the wayt to my house on Tuesday!!!!!!
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

sonic50

3873 posts
Member since Aug 2004
I might have a set of GT wheels.

I saw a fiero diving down the street today so I went after it. The guy and I started to talk and he told me he is putting some new rim on his fiero. He has the GT wheels on there and he told me that I can have them. But get this. The price he is selling it to me is…….FREE!!!!

I told them about the Gafiero club and fiero.nl

Scott
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

I might have a set of GT wheels.

I saw a fiero diving down the street today so I went after it. The guy and I started to talk and he told me he is putting some new rim on his fiero. He has the GT wheels on there and he told me that I can have them. But get this. The price he is selling it to me is…….FREE!!!!

I told them about the Gafiero club and fiero.nl

Scott

Great deal on the wheels!
If he comes through with them are you gonna refinish them or are they in pretty good shape?

Wish I could get my butt in gear on my car, seems to be moving at a snails pace, was hoping to drive up to the club meeting this month but right now the whole front suspension is out, haven't started on the rear yet.
Hope to check yours out in person soon!
Keep up the pace.
David

------------------
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... but they've always worked for me.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
The wheels are ok. They could be better. I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet. I might refinish them and sell it or keep it. Not sure yet.

Scott
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Update! Well I got my short shifter in today. I will have some photos of it up soon.

Anyway lets play a game.

In the photos below what do you see on the car that is not in any of the other photos?

Who ever wins will get somthing cool!
PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Sunroof?
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

Sunroof?

Nope. keep looking.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
Taller wingstands.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Nope. Look on the front end of the car. Need more pics? I will have some up soon.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
....an air freshener? IT's NOT IN THE OTHER PHOTO'S! So even if it's not what you had in mind.... what do I get?
sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
lol ture. But that is not it.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
new headlights

------------------

sonic50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Nope. LOL.

You all are getting closer.

Another hint. It is near/or on the hood.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
New Antenna?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock