Started on: 03-24-2006 08:00 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 11-26-2006 01:18 PM
sonic50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Just saw stay alive

The movie was ok, It could have been better.
But oh man when I saw the fiero I was happy! It made the movie a lot better! I got worried there for a sec in that one scene where the car almost…… wait a sec I am going to shut up because I do not want to ruin the movie for you all.

Anyway it was cool seeing the fiero on the big screen.

------------------

Washing a fiero. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057865.html

[This message has been edited by sonic50 (edited 03-24-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from the movie now and i agree it could have been better but man did that fiero look sweet in it.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I just got back from seeing it a second time. I liked it better the second time around, but I think it would have been better if they hadn't watered it down for the Pg-13 rating. I'm not a gore and horror fan, but I felt cheated after the big build up to the death scenes and then you didn't see anything.

But that red Fiero did look sweet. I just wish they had ditched that van and drove the Fiero in the rest of the picture. Swink could have sat on Abigail's lap.

- Jonathan

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top
Firebird Interior Installation Website

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Must be awsome to see "one" of your babies on the big screen.

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2006 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Wow, jscott your car looked awesome on screen! It had a lot more time on screen than I thought it'd have. It had the scene with Phineus messing with the sub in the trunk, him driving the car, when he died, and the characters sat around the rear of your car after Phineus's death. It looked good, but man, you have to get rid of those little luggage rack things on your decklid! They just don't go with the wing.

Also, the movie was pretty good, I thought its the best movie I've seen in a year.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

It had the scene with Phineus messing with the sub in the trunk, him driving the car, when he died, and the characters sat around the rear of your car after Phineus's death.

Thanks for the spoiler...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

you have to get rid of those little luggage rack things on your decklid! They just don't go with the wing.

Makes it original, I was thinking about doing the same thing but then my scoop would be in the way.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 03-25-2006).]

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeDirect Link to This Post
I have to give the Scare Factor on this movie a "0"

Here are some pics of it
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058286.html

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Thanks for the spoiler...

Its a horror flick, people die. I didn't say HOW he died or when, you'll have to see the movie to find that out.

And, Jake, it might make it look original, but that doesn't mean it makes it look good . We're trying to get some good recognition for our cars, how many sports cars do you see with luggage racks? No offense, but the shot of him driving and seeing those little luggage rack things on the decklid made it look cheap, IMO. Plus they're not even functional, what can you fit on that little area of decklid between the spoiler, the rear window, and the fastback pillars? I wouldn't think it would be very much, and if I were Jscott with that sweet car I wouldn't want to stick anything back there. Its not that I don't like the luggage rack though, I have 1 on my '86 SE and I love the thing. But I don't have a wing or a fastback clip so I can fit all sorts of things on that rack (christmas shopping in the Fiero is fun!).

But then again, it is Jscott's choice on whether or not to keep the 'rack, but I'm just voicing my opinion here that on his car it is neither good in form or function.

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
That luggage rack is the perfect place to put a flat tire when your trunk is full of stuff...Believe me I KNOW.

But...JScott your car looks bitchin' in the movie wing, rack, and all.

JScott you are the man...and don't feel bad about the credits...you and I both know who did all the work to get that car for the movie!!! wink wink I didn't see my name either!!!!!!!

BTW: Buena Vista Films (DISNEY) forced them to release the PG-13 cut...the Directors, Brent and Matt, said they were disappointed with that decision also. But, never fear...they have assured me that the full unrated version will be released on DVD!!!!

JScott you are the man the myth the legend the fiero king right now!!! Damn I'm so PROUD2!!!!!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

That luggage rack is the perfect place to put a flat tire when your trunk is full of stuff...Believe me I KNOW.

But...JScott your car looks bitchin' in the movie wing, rack, and all.

JScott you are the man...and don't feel bad about the credits...you and I both know who did all the work to get that car for the movie!!! wink wink I didn't see my name either!!!!!!!

Steve, thanks for the kind words. I wasn't expecting a mention in the credits I know a lot of people work really hard to make these films and they deserve the credit.

The luggage rack was on the car when I bought it. I have the paperwork that shows it was a dealer installed option. Eventually I have a different plan for the decklid that will require me to remove the rack. In the mean time it looks better than holes with bondo in them.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out. You know I will wear it out playing those scenes over and over.

------------------

88 GT T-Top, 88 Fastback Chop-top (Archie #14), 1984 Indy, and 88 Chop Top T-top

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
We just got back from seeing it too! We were super happy to see it in a lot of scenes! Great job Jonathan!
~Jen
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Is it prominent enough for people to go wow what was that then look them up and perhaps rescue some.

I'm all for raising fiero awareness

Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
I thought the movie was ok, the fiero looked sweet. Cept with about 10 minutes left the movie F'ed up and never returned. It pissed me off so much. They returned our money and gave us passes. Cept the passes cant be seen with new movies and has to be used in a month.... go figure
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I just saw it, the movie was pretty good and your car looked sweet!

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 03-26-2006).]

Ms Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ms FormulaSend a Private Message to Ms FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I liked it! When the Fiero came on , these little kids in front of us leaned fwd in their seats! It was a good , scary movie.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well, I think the film was pretty good, but it's hard for me to be objective. Not because my car was in it, but because I read the script almost a year ago. This was filmed as an R-rated independent film. Then Disney got involved and the edited it down to a PG-13, and that's why some people are looking at the end going huh? The un-rated DVD should be a LOT better.

But the car was in more that I expected.

SPOILERS AHEAD...

I didn't know they would be sitting around the car talking after Finn's death. The script doesn't really go into that level of detail. The director probably figured it would be appropriate to be sitting around "his" car after he was no longer there.

Here's another shot I took with my camera phone...this is after Phineus was almost hit by the truck

------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I saw the movie Friday night in a sold-out theater full of teenie-bopper girls who screamed at virtually anything that moved. It was pretty funny but at the same time a little annoying. But WOW, the car looked GREAT. It was the star of the show IMO. Very nice to see a good looking Fiero taking the spotlight in a movie.

Way cool, Jonathan! Watch out for that tree!

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

lol, If I were you Id be like "AAAWwwww HELL no! get your hands off the paint!!"

I think I would be afraid to let them use my car for that long, god knows what might happen to it. Cant wait to go see it though.

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
This is a blessing and a curse for your little famous red GT. On one hand you could very well have added to its value because of its celebrity. On the other hand you really can't change it from its current state to the point where it wont be recognized as the car in the movie (or at least keep the parts if you change it so that it can be changed back to its movie persona )

Just curious if you plan to keep it unchanged from this point, or do you plan on continuing to change it over the years as time passes

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

... On the other hand you really can't change it from its current state to the point where it wont be recognized as the car in the movie (or at least keep the parts if you change it so that it can be changed back to its movie persona )

Yeah, I thought about that. If I change anything, I need to save all the parts so the car can be restored to the "Stay Alive" configuration if I ever sell it. I was planning to change the decklid configuration, but now I will start with another decklid and swapp them. Anyone have a GT decklid?

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
what kind of wheels do you have? they looked perfect in comparison to the size of the fiero.

did they actually get that close to hitting the tree? or did they slide it then add in the tree later? or was it just the angle of the shot that made it look close? that was one of the scariest parts of the movie

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Jon !!!! I have always liked your cars and mods!
Ok so NOW you have me beat by :
1. choptop
2. movie car !!

All I have is 3 news stations appearances! (They are on video if needed ) wait does that count?? lol

Can't wait for the dvd with left out parts. Wouldn't it be funny if they had some bloopers with your car in them!!! like slipped off the car from all the wax!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-27-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

what kind of wheels do you have?

did they actually get that close to hitting the tree?

Those are AT Italia 17 x 8 polished stainless steel wheels. I'm not sure about the offset, but it's the same all the way around. I compensated with the tires, 245/40 in back and 215/45 in the front.

If you look carefully you can see that the film was sped up when the car approached the tree. I'm sure they drove it in nice and slow and then made it look faster...especially by adding the tire shot closeup.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by revin:

Way to go Jon !!!! I have always liked your cars and mods!

Thanks!! Well my car hasn't been on TV yet...I need to call the local TV station, I'm sure they'll want to interview me

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can someone tell me how far into the movie we should start looking for the car ?

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I woul say 30-40 minutes into the film. Then 10 minutes later you can leave.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
The least they could have done was wash the car prior to shooting the scenes! The car was definitely my favorite part of the movie! And, I got to tell my 16 year old son. "I just saw that cae at Daytona yesterday!"
86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post

I woul say 30-40 minutes into the film. Then 10 minutes later you can leave.

HOW RUDE

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
It's true though, that was an awful movie...

Went tonight with a couple other members of the NTFC, and I have to say if it weren't for the lovely Fiero I think I would have asked for my money back.

The shot were it almost hits the tree was pretty obviously manipulated, watch the spokes of the wheel.. it doesn't rotate smoothly, it looks like they stopped then went then stopped then went and spliced it together. Also, in the scene where the door is slammed shut... that's not the sound a Fiero door makes, thought that was interesting.

The scariest part of the movie was definetely when "October" leans against the spoiler... we all yelled at her not to.

What happened to the top of the dash where it meets the windshield? That was a rather unbecoming close up there

It is really cool that your car was in a movie though, doesn't really matter what the movie is. Has anyone seen Gypsy 83? It's a pretty bad movie but it's got a gorgeous Trans Am in it that makes watching it worth the time.

-Amber

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well I for one actually liked the movie. I thought it was great, however I can see why the "older" guys wouldn't like it, because well the target audience was for teenagers.. I played video games a couple years ago, and occasionally I will now. I can at least relate to the movie, not that I've been killed or anything . However I have played games with headsets before :P.

Props to them, I loved the movie. I was soooo giddy when I saw the fiero, I am surprised my girlfriend didn't break up with me right there.. I am definately purchasing the movie when it comes out, it has a fiero! If you guys want another fiero for another movie.. haha jk.

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

The scariest part of the movie was definetely when "October" leans against the spoiler... we all yelled at her not to.

What happened to the top of the dash where it meets the windshield? That was a rather unbecoming close up there
-Amber

Well, I was pretty excited that Sophia Bush touched my car. I wish I had never washed the spoiler after that

And it was part of Phineus' character to have a dash that isn't quite perfect...

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by 86SE:

That's a good shot. We should have a camera phone contest to see who can take the best pics.

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Heh, 'older guys'... I'm a 22 year old female... and I love horror movies of all sorts

It just wasn't good, the characters all had the same personality (Malcolm played Malcolm!), it was badly written, the 'police' were nothing like real police, the editing was terrible, it was ridiculously predictable, and the whole romance thing at the end was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen "Oh my god, I could have just died... let's take 30 minutes to lead into a kiss and call it suspense... oh yeah, didn't your girlfriend die like 10 minutes ago? He loves me, he loves me not, it doesn't matter if we're going to die and by the way, I'm not 12". And what was up with the friend and the pig mask in the beginning !?! Then there were the Ring girls... but it's not a rip-off if there's six of them.

I'll probably buy it too though, there's a Fiero in it

-Amber

pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post

pumpkincarriage

1667 posts
Member since Sep 2004

And it was part of Phineus' character to have a dash that isn't quite perfect...

Oh! That makes sense then

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well SNMFX (Steve) can back me up on this but I can tell you what I learned about the movie industry over the last year is that it's not easy to make a motion picture film that will appeal to everyone.

Brent Bell, (the director) started writing this script well over a year ago, (maybe two or three), numerous re-writes and editing and came up with a script that's pretty good. Now to translate that into a film takes millions of dollars and every person involved has an opinion about how things should happen.

Added to that, the simplest of things takes a lot of effort. My friend Steve, (an avid Fiero enthusiast) convinced the director to use a Fiero in this picture. Now it's not like they just called up Pontiac and ordered a Fiero. Steve came on this forum and asked for a Red Fiero,

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050690.html

Now imagine how many people are willing to haul their car down to New Orleans and leave it there for several weeks, so that the car can be used for what probably amounts to two minutes of screen time. Imagine me driving for 12 hours to deliver the car and another 12 hours to pick it up...again for 2 minutes of screen time. All that just to point out the tremendous effort just for those handful of scenes.

Now extrapolate that and you will see that Brent Bell has been working non-stop for the last year to put this film together, and then almost at the last minute, Disney comes in and forces a PG-13 release and the editing renders some parts of the movie unrecognizable from the original intent.

I have read possibly every review posted of "Stay Alive" and participate on the forums and it is obvious to me that nearly every complaint is the result of the editing. I have a copy of the script from a year ago, and every plot hole, every question, every inexplicable occurance is answered in the script.

What was cut out was not just a few bloody scenes, but scenes that will go into greater detail on the police and their pursuit of Hutch, the strange Kiss, and a lot of other things...

But in the end remember that it's just entertainment. Even if there wasn't a Fiero in this film I would have been entertained for those 85 minutes, but I know this film could have been a lot better if Brent Bell could have released the film he originally set out to make. Just be patient, there might even be more of the car in the DVD

------------------

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Just be patient, there might even be more of the car in the DVD...

Mmmm... the Stay Alive Directors Cut... more scenes of the Fiero... mmmm.
And I do hope they put in all the footage that was cut. That film could've used some more blood.

pc is right, we all were yelling at the screen when she leaned back on the spoiler! Rest of the dang theater was wondering what was so scary... WHew! that was a close call!
I kinda liked that hot chick that lived in a van left over from the 'CHiP's' series era... Wonder if it was down by the river...

Now seriously Jonathan... what readers everywhere want to know is... was Phineus messing with the subwoofer because that is where he hid his stash.... and how do you remove the smell of weed from a vehicle? Since he did not have a rose handy, maybe he should have thrown a roach on the ground to stop that evil horse carriage...
And we should never underestimate the power of the horse drawn carriage, at least they never blow ignition modules.

Kidding aside, I don't get where Disney would edit out digitized ghost gore, but leave in a scene glorifying drug abuse.

2 other thoughts:
The creepy noise the evil chick made reminded me of a mis-aligned starter... Jonathan, your bolts are all tight, right?
And also, was that the same crow bar from Half-Life?

Seriously, J, it was cool to see your car in film. Our little NTFC band was clapping everytime it was on screne. We were even pointing at your chrome wheel peaking out in front of the big blue van that the chick lived in down by the river when that was the only portion of your car that we could see!

Steve, (SMNFX), that was awesome that you got one of our little passions up on screen. Can you imagine the rear bumper scene if it was the rounded butt of a Miata? The choppy angle of a Gen 1 MR2? The hatchback of a CRX? The femininity of a Del Sol? NOPE. No Way. The Fiero was perfect. Thanks for making sure it happened!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

, we all were yelling at the screen when she leaned back on the spoiler! ...

Now seriously Jonathan... what readers everywhere want to know is... was Phineus messing with the subwoofer because that is where he hid his stash.... !

I was screaming when Sophia Bush leaned on the spoiler because her touching my car is the closest I'll ever get to meeting a young cute hollywood goth chick.

The script made no mention of drug use, that had to be all ad libbed, so Phineus was supposedly just connecting the sub, as you see him blaring the magnificent "Air Supply" tune in the next scene. Besides, the plexiglass cover on the sub would make it a poor hiding place.

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Was # 3 spot for the weekend review.

With MY car and my luck I bet I would get in a movie called "Stay Dead" ! lol

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock