Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dodge Stealth Dash Swap - Doing It But Dont Know How Check Me Out (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dodge Stealth Dash Swap - Doing It But Dont Know How Check Me Out by 4.9 PFI FIERO
Started on: 06-06-2005 09:14 PM
Replies: 138
Last post by: ryan.hess on 08-13-2006 05:35 PM
Zero 260

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2005 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Direct Link to This Post
How long do you think it will take you to finish it all? Has it been pretty easy to this point or a bit challenging? Looks good man!!!

Edit: When in Rome right? "I own page 3" Never thought I'd actually say that.

[This message has been edited by Zero 260 (edited 07-22-2005).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4.9 PFI FIERO:

I like your lowering kit you have on the front.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

HI all,

I am I seeing things or his the plasma an automatic?? Just look at that red button on top the shifter.....

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Hey I wanna own page 3... Not Fair.....lol

Yes ya'll I have gone another route on the center gauge pod. I have taken the stock pod apart and I'm using the black part that goes into the holes for the APC gauges. Here's a pic of the piece.

You cut out the center to make a circle for the new gauge. Be sure to cut enough on the right end and not force the gauge into it. It breaks easily trust me on this one.

Here is what I made.

How it looks in the dash.

These were cam phone pics so bare with me for now didn't have my digital camera.

Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
You need a bump.......push!!!!!!
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
More pics, more mounting info. I've heard of people modifying the 3000gt / stealth mounts to fit with the fiero. Maybe that was already in this thread. More detail the better since i'm also doing this swap with a friend.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Notchback 4cyl. (Busted Tranny)
1992 Corsica 3.1L GT =P

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Kyle, he already showed us how to mount the dash using the factory mounts. Look at page 1..
arte444

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wipe0ut:

Kyle, he already showed us how to mount the dash using the factory mounts. Look at page 1..

Adam, shutup =D

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Better pics............

Yeah the dash mounting is on page 1. Right now I'm trying to install the electronics so here is the break down on the middle gauges. What I have done so far was seperate the gauge pod to get the that black piece in the pic above this post. I ordered an APC Volt Gauge for test fitting. Here is how it look.

Just use a plain old utillity knife and cut the section out to make the circle (a little heat on the knife makes cutting the plastic easy). Cut it out until the gauge go in with a little pressure.

And there you have it. Center gauges with no gap over the top. If you see it in person it looks good. That is why I stop using the white tubing because there was a gap and it would be more work. I'll have the oil pressure and water temp gauges in the next few days so I'll show the full setup then. Check me out!!!!

P.S. I'll take pics of the top mounts the next time I remove the dash. I wanna get the electronics done so I can run my a/c ducts around them. And another thing, all this work was done with household tools.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

And another thing, all this work was done with household tools.

So....what did you use the remote control for???

Your making good progress. Looks good.

Bob

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Remote control gauges? That's Awsome!!! <--JK

Looking good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

PFF
System Bot
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Wow, that came out really good! That's got me considering a nice set of aftermarket ones now... dammit!
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2005 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Thank you ya far to kind. It's a lil somethin somethin. I can wait to see how it comes together when I get the other 2 in. The setup will be 1st. Water Temp, 2nd. Volts Meter, and 3rd. Oil Pressure. But check out my dilemma. The water and oil gauges won't be functional until the 4.9 goes in LOL. Isn't that something.

I was thinking about going the extreme racer look. Using a 4 in 1 gauge pod and a Speedo gauge for the big pod and having a air/fuel meter, small tach, and boost gauge in the center. Now that would be nice.

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
WipeOut, What progress have ya'll made? If you got any pics post them. I would like to see...

The remote control is apart of the B.R.P. (Brain Resting Procedure). It includes a bath, time alone, watching the tube on the couch in a/c, and a hot meal. This is useful after thinking about how something will be made to look and work. Trial and error is a major workout.

Especially ERROR!!!!!

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Ok, I finally got the other gauges. So let the install begin.....

Here they are from left to right: Water Temp / Volts / Oil Pressure

All together. Looks Good!!! The same is gonna be done to the main gauge pod in the back.

:::Warning Teaser Pics:::
I have to take the dash back out and figure how to mount it without using the original piece that was used to mount it before. The piece I'm talking about is the white part of the stock gauge setup.

Here is how it will look installed. I slid it in through the slot by the airbag hole. It sat in position by itself. The dash must love its new look....

As you can see it looks better than the white tubing and there's still room for a little armor all. I wish I could give myself an a+. This looks real nice.

Camera phone pic. It looks that good. Maybe you need to see it in person.....

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2005 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to give you the + you deserve...Keep up the good work...

Bob

fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Direct Link to This Post
Riceburner98,

You have a PM.

Freeman

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
OK, back in business... So I guess you can call this another update.

Let start with the traditional pic of the gauges...

Here they are illuminated. (Sorry it was daytime.)

Close up.

Now It's time for another challenge. I working on the steering wheel surrounding so here we go.

What I did here was take the Stealth steering surround and cut it in half then used the back half on top to fill in gap to the dash. Like so... I used hot glue to keep it in place before I started to glass over it.

Fiberglass across the front to make it flat. Its kind of ugly but I have plans for switches or something to go there.

[

Installed pic. Look at the bottom left of this pic that is where I'm planning to put the 4x6 speakers on the driver and passenger sides.

More on this later on. PFF

Zero 260

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Direct Link to This Post
Lookin' good! What are you going to do with the area around the AC and radio? I'd love to see what that entire section would look like complete (3 gauges, AC, radio section) Soooooo how long till you are finished?
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2005 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
I'm working on ideas for the center console section. Don't know if i want sub there or under dash. Also wondering where to install the rest of the switches. I'm getting it ready for the carpet to go in with dynomat on the doors, floor, roof, and firewall area. The wiring is a pain as it is in any car, but with the help of riceburner it's coming along. Next step will be to run the air ducts. That shouldn't take too long.

I recently tried to blow the horn and it doesn't work. Just hear a click from the relay everytime. I'll check the wiring later (It started to rain). Does anyone know what maybe the problem off hand?

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2005 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Center Gauges Setup...........

First remove pod from dash and save the metal brackets that mount it on. Then take pod apart as in above pics. Cut out a circle to the point where the gauges will fit. You may not be able to use the front piece with the clear glass. I didn't because it wouldn't fit around my gauge bezels. Once done remove the stock gauges and start cutting. See pics...

Now you use this white piece to mount the gauges...

Remove the electronic strip from off the back...

Cut holes with a 2 1/8in hole saw (the thing use to cut holes in doors for door locks) through the front of the piece. It's going to look like this when your finish.

Take your gauges, install them, and see where you have to trim to get them all the way in.

Once in, wire them up and your all done. For wiring, I used the stock wiring from the rally gauges (besides it has a plug you can disconnect it when removing the dash). The gauge lighting was gray positive and black negative (and yes they do dim from the switch ). Power for gauges were pink/black positive and brown negative. I believe the tan wire was for the oil pressure sensor. I'm not sure I haven't tested it out but that was the only wire leftover. I'm swapping engines so I haven't installed the water temp and oil pressure sensors yet. I have separate wires attached to the sensors post on the back of my gauges to run to the new senders.

Hope this helps.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Where did the rest of this post go? I hope it didn't just die.
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Where did the rest of this post go? I hope it didn't just die.

Sorry Fiero1Fan and to the rest of PFF but the car and my home was destoryed by hurricane Katrina. It's all rusty, molded, and muddy now. I'll have to start it all over again with another car. Good thing I created this thread, lol. My project will be continued through another Fiero GT and once I find another dash (it look so good). You know I'll post about it. I was though making a underdash sub for it like Golden86 but it needs a little more modifing because it gets in the way of the a/c tubing for the passenger vent. I didn't post it because I wasn't complete and I didn't wanna pass bad info. So that raps the update of the Stealth dash for now but it will go on in the near future.

------------------

arte444

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
Aww. I was looking forward to seeing this awesome work/creation. Sorry about the loss. Poor little fieros =(

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Notchback 4cyl. (Running Good!)
1992 Corsica 3.1L GT =P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 12055Send a Private Message to 12055Direct Link to This Post
The only dash swap I've ever done was a busted-up stock dash for a new one, which wasn't half as much work as what you're going for. I give you a lot of credit, it looks great, especially the new gauges.

-Ross

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

I received this pm from 4.9 PFI FIERO today. I don't think he will mind me posting it for all to read. This is what your money is going for folks!
He's just one of the few. Check out his spirit, I don't know if I would be that upbeat if I saw my stuff in such dishovel. So that being said, we have some great prizes in the raffle, and even if you don't win, maybe you will feel better knowing that you helped someone in such a crappy situation. Keep your head up high Garret!!! Let us know about Anthony's place too. Have you heard anymore from Tress and 007?

Here's the PM

"Hey Darlene. I have looked at my home yesterday and it's ruin top to bottom. The Fiero project had standing water at the strip and my Stealth dash is molded like crazy. My other car was lifted and spunt around sideways blocking the driveway with water at the top of the dash. I did have a ray of sunshine in all this. Most of my things I wanted from the house are still useful. They look dry but I still have to plug stuff up and see if it works. They were above the water.

This was just an update. I'm ok. No tears just room for bigger better things. I plan on getting another Fiero GT and doing another Stealth/3000GT dash swap with a 4.9. Talk about Fiero spirit lol.

I'm taking a trip with anthony in a few day to see about his things. So I'll update you on that also. Bye Bye for now."

That sucks.. I'm sorry to hear that..

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 10-27-2005).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
4.9 I am very sorry to hear about your loss to the Hurricane. I wish you and yours all the best.

I just picked up my Stealth/3000GT dash today! The future of my car is looking better. Thanks alot for all the good work. Without your hard work and willingness to share with us I wouldn't dare do this myself. Thanks to your post here I will do it myself.

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2005 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Bumping to keep the dream alive.
DreXteR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DreXteRClick Here to visit DreXteR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DreXteRDirect Link to This Post
B
U
M
P
!
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Bump and These are a few camera phone pics I took after Katrina.

In this pic, the purple thing was the enclosure for the underdash 8" sub like Golden86. It fits with a little modifying (cut a little shorter not much). If you wanna try this, start with a long piece and shorten from there. Remeber measure 10 time cut once.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
4.9, do you think you'll be able to salvage anything?
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
I've got so much to do this winter just to get the Lady on the road I think I will have to do my dash next winter.
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
DAMN man!!! Sorry about your lost!!! I'm in central MS and I pray for my gulf coast and yours!!! Where are you residing now?

God bless you!

The Ikon

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

4.9, do you think you'll be able to salvage anything?

I will try to atleast save the dash. Hopefully some bleach and other cleaning solutions will take the mold off of it. If not there's a lot of 3000gt's running around here so one in a junkyard shouldn't be hard to find. The brackets will be reused for the new car when I get one. And I still have my full set of faze competition gauges (faze doesn't sell a speedo so that's a problem for me). I even have the color changer morpher thingy.

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

Where are you residing now?

Right now I'm in Norcross, Ga. I'm about 30 mins from Exotic Rida and 1.5 hours from Miss Tress

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
What a shock.
For some reason I completely missed this thread several times so I started to read it from start to finish today and then got the bad ending.
I'm soooooooo sorry to hear about what happened to your car.
I just personally want to say how much I respect your effort and creativity for what you had accomplished.
I wish you nothing but good luck from now on.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Got a new Fiero yet?

edit: you could always come give me a hand on mine if you like!!!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 12-29-2005).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Bump this one once - and to say that Carlisle Auto Salvage (Carlisle, PA) has a Dodge Stealth with the dash, etc still there...
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
4.9 PFI, How you doing? Have things stabilized yet?
4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post
Well Fellas, I haven't started on another car as of yet. I'm doing ok and my fiero hunt is on....!!! I just have to convince the relatives to let me leave it at somebody's house while I work on it. I have no room here at the apartment with the limited space parking. Question, Does anybody know how to convert a notchie to a gt? I cant find anything. If I get a notchie I would use GT clip from the old car.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock