Started on: 05-01-2006 02:39 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: D B Cooper on 05-02-2006 06:08 PM
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo, got a new Fiero. Well, obviously not new... but new to me. It's just a loaner for now from my grandpa, but I've got free rein to do whatever I want to it. First thing: take that horrible wing off! Second: replace the passengers front brake caliper. I drove it from Owen Sound to Belleville yesterday, and somewhere outside of Peterborough I noticed some smoke coming up from the front when I was stopped at a light. D'oh! After things cooled down and I figured that the brake was sticking, I managed to limp it home with minimal braking, and frequent cool-down stops. I made it from Peterborough to Campbellford (about 70km) without hitting the brakes

One strange thing about this car is that it used to be a 4-speed, but was converted to an automatic. Poorly converted. I think one of the first things I'm going to do when I find someone to help me is convert it back to a stick. I've got a 4 speed transmission and a new clutch already, all I need is the pedal/shifter/cables. I'm clueless when it comes to manual Fieros though, I've only ever owned and worked on automatics, and they're pretty simple. Ah well. Here's one picture of it. Does anyone know what those rims are from?

Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Cool another aero notchie ! The porsche whale tale type wing isn't to bad either.

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pity reply

Too late, the wing's already gone... brakes are working fine again too. That's the best part about getting another Fiero IMO. I already know how to fix pretty much everything! A lot of experience.. haha

Brad
D B Cooper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
That was exactly what drew me back when I picked up the 86GT in March '04. Show me another used car that comes with 24/7 online tech support.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock