Daytona 2006 Pictures by exoticse
Started on: 03-25-2006 11:10 PM
Replies: 129
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 04-07-2006 01:26 PM
Fino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Quote by Fino----1. What about road damage, stones. I have a custom paint job and touch-up will still show. Will I be marked down if I have it clean, well shined, consistent, no overruns, no orange peel paint job.

Yes you will loose points for stone chips. My car has a very good paint job that shines with no runs or orange peel. BUT I have a bunch of stone chips on the front end as I drive this car regularly. On the way to Daytona this year, I turned over 188,000+ miles. Most of my deductions were for paint.

Keep in mind that my judging is only 1/5 of the judging as stated before. The other judges could score a car extremely high (little or no deductions) which would basically present a winner even thou I deducted points for a not so nice paint job.

If the rest of the car is perfect and only the frontend has stone damage would I then get 4 out of 5 points or a harder hit?
Is there such a thing as 4.5 points?
Ed

EDIT: I own page 3

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 03-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I can take off as little as 1/4 of a point. If your paint overall is good but the front end has a small amount of touched up chips, I might be easy on you but if your "touch up" sucks and you have a bunch of chips, depending on the overall look of the cars paint, then more points would be in order.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

As of now we are not sure that there will not even be another Florida Fiero Weekend at Daytona. But if there is it will not be a judged event.

Frank Martin
Florida Fiero Council
Space Coast Fieros

Well I enjoyed myself at Daytona and glad I could make it.

But I pleaded with Frank and Tom and anyone who would listed to make this a show and shine event next time. In my opinion the judging has evolved into a car cleaning contest.

I have no interest in participating in a car cleaning contest so I didn't submit my car for judging this year. It would have been a waste of time as I only spent about 30 minutes cleaning my car after a 971 mile trip. After that drive the last thing I want to do is spend all day at the hotel cleaning my car.

I like custom cars, I like seeing what people have done to make the cars stand out. I like seeing new and innovative ideas. I personally would give awards to the people that have elevated the Fiero to another level by making them special, not to the car with the least dirt on it. But that's just my 0.02.

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I personally would give awards to the people that have elevated the Fiero to another level by making them special, not to the car with the least dirt on it. But that's just my 0.02.

Ladies and Gentlemen, jscott1 has hit a nail right square in the middle of the head. There is wisdom in that thought - and I wholeheatedly second the motion. Do I hear a second-second.

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Well I enjoyed myself at Daytona and glad I could make it.

But I pleaded with Frank and Tom and anyone who would listed to make this a show and shine event next time. In my opinion the judging has evolved into a car cleaning contest.

I have no interest in participating in a car cleaning contest so I didn't submit my car for judging this year. It would have been a waste of time as I only spent about 30 minutes cleaning my car after a 971 mile trip. After that drive the last thing I want to do is spend all day at the hotel cleaning my car.

I like custom cars, I like seeing what people have done to make the cars stand out. I like seeing new and innovative ideas. I personally would give awards to the people that have elevated the Fiero to another level by making them special, not to the car with the least dirt on it. But that's just my 0.02.

I think the statement is well put. I also have a problem with cleaning my car at an outdoor event. I don’t have the proper equipment to do the job right and I / we don’t have the trunk space to carry all the equipment to do the job right. Then there is the elements rain etc. I had to clean the dust off my car ALL the time at Detroit Autorama INDOOR show. I also agree with the statement “I personally would give awards to the people that have elevated the Fiero to another level by making them special, not to the car with the least dirt on it."

Stock classes to be determined by ONLY the people that are involved with those classes!

Modified classes and re-bodies
More focuse on fun not cleaning, relaxed.
I would like to see a judged show that:
1. That is not focused on cleaning the car (with do respect I want to see a clean car not a car cleaned with a q-tip).
2. Classes? Get into that later.
3. More focused on the quality and detail of work done to the car not how much do you like the LOOK of the modifications.

Maybe we could start a post that talks about just JUDGING only for the outdoor events and everyone has their input.

Show and shine just does not do it for me, I do like to see the awards presented to the people that deserve them. This way you have something to take home from the long drive and work.

Ed

------------------
Fino
www.feroce.us
Member National Kit Car Club

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 03-28-2006).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:

THAT is a shame ..........Why?

Ed

Because some people worry too much about a $10 trophy.

edited to not single out any one person

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 04-01-2006).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:

Ladies and Gentlemen, jscott1 has hit a nail right square in the middle of the head. There is wisdom in that thought - and I wholeheatedly second the motion. Do I hear a second-second.

I understand the comment, but have a different view on the subject. I judged the front & rear compartments. Worth a possible 20 point deduction.

Most of the things I needed to check had nothing to do with cleaning off the road dirt.

I looked for torn front & rear gaskets, rust on back of headlight, paint overspray, cracked / dirty rear compartment lights, condition of deck lids. Rusty radiator caps

Many people had a .5 deduction off for the hood corners rubbing the cowling. A simple adjustment of the rubber stops would fix the clearance. (my own car had that problem last year, I didn't even know to look for it then)

On some cars, I could see where the owner took the time to fix these defects, paint over the rust on rear of headlights. Attention to detail is what is looked for.

As far as cleaning, I took off for dirty rear carpets, those did not get dirty on the drive.

I know all the judges took the time to fairly judge each car to the same level. If a defect was 1 point, it was the same for all.

Most of the cars had 3 to 4 points deductions. I did see a couple of cars that had zero deductions. I was really surprised.

Personal comment, I had a blast this year, the go-carting was great. Talking to all the fellow owner / friends was the best. I hope the show will continue.

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-28-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
And the award for funniest picture from Daytona 2006, goes to.........(drum roll),............ME !!!

No one should ever mistake me for a professional photographer !! Althoughhhhhhhh a couple did ask me if i was from a magazine !

The above picture was an attempt by me to get a different, cool, angle on the car uhhhh it is different hehehe. I call it the shoe shot !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-28-2006).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

anyone have more pics of this blue one with the wrap around spoiler?

This is my modified Fiero. It is an IRM IMSA coupe built by V8 Archie in 2000 on a 1988 coupe. It has a ZZ4 TPI 350 ci V8 with a Getrag five speed. It has a PISA wrap around dash, PISA leather seats and a 10 CD changer...No, I haven't taken it to the track for quarter mile times, nor done a dyno run. The car will very easily spin wheels in first, second gears. The rear sort of breaks away. It is a torque monster and has a rather loud exhaust. The car was repainted in Corvette electron blue metallic as the original paint had some dings and chips in its pearlescent white, which could not be easily matched.

As built by Archie:

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
There are some very beautiful cars. I wish we had something like that meet over here. Well if I work real hard on it then maybe the future will hold some surprises. Just imagine Yellowstone, Fie Ro, Sharkmann, etc at one show over here. Awwwww dreams keep us alive.

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Super Bowl XL CHAMPS!!!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

As far as cleaning, I took off for dirty rear carpets, those did not get dirty on the drive.

I know all the judges took the time to fairly judge each car to the same level. If a defect was 1 point, it was the same for all.

Dave I agree with you to a point...and despite being in the movie, my car is nowhere near show quality, so I'm not complaining. But I did drive it 900+ miles to the show and my trunk was full of junk on the way. It's not impossible that my carpet was soiled on the trip and would have to be cleaned.

I just think that outside of the stock category cleanliness should not be the only thing judged. There should be points for creativity, best use of bondo, most monitors, I don't know exactly , but there has to be a better way to judge a custom, modified or rebody than just cleanliness.

PFF
System Bot
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Because people like you worry too much about a $10 trophy.

DL10

Comments like yours.
Derogatory
Unsubstantiated
Disparaging
Nonconstructive
Unintelligent
I could go on but what's the difference you just won't understand anyway.
Is why I left this forum a long time ago. I was hoping for a more intelligent productive nonconfrontational group of people to have a conversation with.

This is just BS .....................period.
Have a nice day good-bye.

Ed

SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
I worked on my car, replaced broken, torn, and worn pieces with correct '88 parts, cleaned out the leaves and pine needles, waxed the body (twice!), cleaned the glass, slicked up the vinyl, scrubbed the wheel wells, shampooed the upholstery, degreased the engine, touched up the paint, cleaned the wheels, Armor-All'ed the tires, and more. Took my car to Daytona, entered the show, and didn't win a thing....

SO WHAT?

I had a great time, saw some beautiful cars, had lots of fun with old friends, met some new friends, learned more about my favorite automobile, got sunburned, and I HAD A GREAT TIME!!! (and my car is looking better than it has in months!)

My thanks to all who made the Florida Fiero Weekend possible! Thanks to Frank & Marianna Martin, Tom Corey AND his judges, Ron Hale, Mike and Jan Freed, Larry Wheeler, Space Coast Fieros, Suncoast Fieros, and EVERYONE responsible for putting this show together!

Thanks also to the sponsors! Not only did they help support the show, many of them donated prizes for the raffle, including car cleaning products, tire covers, travel bags, gas cards, die-cast cars, GT quarter windows, gift certifcates, leather seats, and passes to the go-kart track!

No, I did not win a trophy, but I will be back next year whether the event is a judged show, or a show and shine, or a poker run, or a road rally, or a 'cruise-in' at the local hamburger stand. I'll come back to Daytona because the Florida folks know how to have a good time. And if there is a judged event, I'll enter the coupe again.

You never know, I just might bring home a trophy!

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 03-29-2006).]

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I have to say I'm getting more than a little tired (aka PO'd) of reading a lot of the whinning non-constructive crap about the Daytona judging. Those of you who think we love to judge these shows are nuts! We do it for the people who want to show their cars and we do it in response to comments we have received from the participants year after year. Judging is NOT a fun thing to do - it is thankless hard work! And the bottom line is that you are all fickle - we have never been able to please you! We are either too tight or too loose, it just depends on your mood for the year. Our goals every year at Daytona have been pretty much the same - to contribute to making the Fieros better and safer - improve what's left, get young people involved and encourage ladies to compete. A lot of people have worked their tails off to achieve those goals. If any of you think for one minute that it is a ton of fun to spend Saturday at Daytona judging cars while everyone else talks Fieros and walks around to look at all the spectacular hot rods, you're on a different planet! For a long while, I have been the number one fan on the list for just doing a show and shine, but not becasue I'm too lazy to prep my Fiero for a competitive show, but because I'm tired of trying to please the whinners out there that never offer a helping hand to carry off any of these terrific Fiero events. If you think I sound bitter, you're right. I think I can speak for most of us that work these events when I say I'm tired of the endless negative feedback from people who weren't there or who were there and have never lifted a finger to help bring off one of these events. In spite of a really busy and tough Saturday this year, my wife and I managed to have a terrific time at Daytona - the best one yet. We did Thursday night at the Daytona Ale House, Friday mornig we had a terrific drive though the country to the Sugarmill restaurant and lunch at Ponce Inlet. Saturday night at the go-kart track was great and Sunday I managed to get some real 50's style pin stripping done on my Fiero. I won some Mr. Mike seats at the poolside (actually we had to do it inside) BBQ raffle Saturday night and then sold them to a 16 year old Fiero owner for $100 who was pretty darned happy to get them - I think he'll be back next year. That's what it's all about!

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

I worked on my car, replaced broken, torn, and worn pieces with correct '88 parts, cleaned out the leaves and pine needles, waxed the body (twice!), cleaned the glass, slicked up the vinyl, scrubbed the wheel wells, shampooed the upholstery, degreased the engine, touched up the paint, cleaned the wheels, Armor-All'ed the tires, and more. Took my car to Daytona, entered the show, and didn't win a thing....

SO WHAT?

I had a great time, saw some beautiful cars, had lots of fun with old friends, met some new friends, learned more about my favorite automobile, got sunburned, and I HAD A GREAT TIME!!! (and my car is looking better than it has in months!)

My thanks to all who made the Florida Fiero Weekend possible! Thanks to Frank & Marianna Martin, Tom Corey AND his judges, Ron Hale, Larry Wheeler, Space Coast Fieros, Suncoast Fieros, and EVERYONE responsible for putting this show together!

Thanks also to the sponsors! Not only did they help support the show, many of them donated prizes for the raffle, including car cleaning products, tire covers, travel bags, gas cards, die-cast cars, GT quarter windows, gift certifcates, leather seats, and passes to the go-kart track!

No, I did not win a trophy, but I will be back next year whether the event is a judged show, or a show and shine, or a poker run, or a road rally, or a 'cruise-in' at the local hamburger stand. I'll come back to Daytona because the Florida folks know how to have a good time. And if there is a judged event, I'll enter the coupe again.

You never know, I just might bring home a trophy!

This should be what it's all about.
Having a Good Time.
Thanks Gary

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

This is my modified Fiero. It is an IRM IMSA coupe built by V8 Archie in 2000 on a 1988 coupe. It has a ZZ4 TPI 350 ci V8 with a Getrag five speed. It has a PISA wrap around dash, PISA leather seats and a 10 CD changer...No, I haven't taken it to the track for quarter mile times, nor done a dyno run. The car will very easily spin wheels in first, second gears. The rear sort of breaks away. It is a torque monster and has a rather loud exhaust. The car was repainted in Corvette electron blue metallic as the original paint had some dings and chips in its pearlescent white, which could not be easily matched.

As built by Archie:

I always wondered who bought that car. I wanted it for a long time. Used to be called IMSA Ghost or something right? Nice job on the blue color!

--Will

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

I have to say I'm getting more than a little tired (aka PO'd) of reading a lot of the whinning non-constructive crap about the Daytona judging. Those of you who think we love to judge these shows are nuts! We do it for the people who want to show their cars and we do it in response to comments we have received from the participants year after year. Judging is NOT a fun thing to do - it is thankless hard work! And the bottom line is that you are all fickle - we have never been able to please you! We are either too tight or too loose, it just depends on your mood for the year. Our goals every year at Daytona have been pretty much the same - to contribute to making the Fieros better and safer - improve what's left, get young people involved and encourage ladies to compete. A lot of people have worked their tails off to achieve those goals. If any of you think for one minute that it is a ton of fun to spend Saturday at Daytona judging cars while everyone else talks Fieros and walks around to look at all the spectacular hot rods, you're on a different planet! For a long while, I have been the number one fan on the list for just doing a show and shine, but not becasue I'm too lazy to prep my Fiero for a competitive show, but because I'm tired of trying to please the whinners out there that never offer a helping hand to carry off any of these terrific Fiero events. If you think I sound bitter, you're right. I think I can speak for most of us that work these events when I say I'm tired of the endless negative feedback from people who weren't there or who were there and have never lifted a finger to help bring off one of these events. In spite of a really busy and tough Saturday this year, my wife and I managed to have a terrific time at Daytona - the best one yet. We did Thursday night at the Daytona Ale House, Friday mornig we had a terrific drive though the country to the Sugarmill restaurant and lunch at Ponce Inlet. Saturday night at the go-kart track was great and Sunday I managed to get some real 50's style pin stripping done on my Fiero. I won some Mr. Mike seats at the poolside (actually we had to do it inside) BBQ raffle Saturday night and then sold them to a 16 year old Fiero owner for $100 who was pretty darned happy to get them - I think he'll be back next year. That's what it's all about!

My sentiments exactly!!!

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

I agree 100%. I judged at Wheatstock and I don't think I will ever do it again. I am all for the show and shine, it seems like that is where it is at! It was nice of you to give the young Fiero owner such a good deal on the seats, and I would like to see some photos of the pinstriping you got if you get a chance.

--Will

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

I agree 100%. I judged at Wheatstock and I don't think I will ever do it again. I am all for the show and shine, it seems like that is where it is at! It was nice of you to give the young Fiero owner such a good deal on the seats, and I would like to see some photos of the pinstriping you got if you get a chance.

--Will

Yeah Tom Forget the show where is the pinstriping

Frank

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
First off let me say Tom, Frank, Clem, Cool Blue, and virtually anybody who had a hand in putting on Daytona 2006 you did a fantastic job !

This was my 4th year and the organization just gets better every year.

As for the judging ? You guys did the absolute best with the set of rules you were working with.
Everything was done completely fair in accordance with the system you had in place, and based upon " that system " the best car won.

I don't envy you guys (judges) at all very tough job. At the same time you have been around long enough to know you will never please everyone so some disagreement is expected, and is just part of the game. Healthy discussion can even benefit others who can figure out what they need to do better to make more of an impact.

I personally don't like the car competition aspect of shows, but many others love that aspect of it and i feel should be allowed to enjoy it. If i don't want my car to show, i just don't enter it into that aspect of the show.

Like i said i am not into competing for trophies, for me the trophy and the win comes when people get excited over or comment positively about my car.

It wasn't hard to find the best crowd on saturday.

That for me would be the biggest win of them all.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-29-2006).]

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

The Three Wheeler

eh, my $0.02 but im not diggin the yellow/black/yellow of the front lip, would look much better if the chin spoiler was painted black to match the stock skirts. rims look very nice tho ^_^

PFF
System Bot
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post

What 16 yr old fiero owner? I swore I was the youngest. Where are you people!? haah. Nice of you Tom.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

eh, my $0.02 but im not diggin the yellow/black/yellow of the front lip, would look much better if the chin spoiler was painted black to match the stock skirts. rims look very nice tho ^_^

Jermz238 i said the EXACT same thing when i first saw the picture. I was not digging the color combo AT ALL,.....then i saw it live and in person and believe me it actually works !

Pictures sometimes don't give you a true appreciation and this one is definatly one of those. You get a totally different perspective in person.

I was shocked.

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
This exact same argument happens every year after Daytona. I'm with Tom, it's getting old and tired. The last 3 years that I've been attending the judging seemed to improve each time and thats about all you can ask for.

Hey, I've got a great idea, let's all ***** and complain so much that all those people that volonteer their time to put this show together just quit and there is no more Daytona show.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I would like to echo exoticsSE comments:

My comments are not in any way critical of Daytona judging whatsoever, but rather car shows in general, cause they all do it..

Frank, Tom and Clem and whoever else was involved put on a great show and I enjoy coming, thanks for all your hard work!!!

I personally prefer the show and shime format because nobody ever leaves feeling like the judging was unfair. If people feel like they need to take hardware home, then do like AAFO where everyone gets a participation award personalized with their car's picture on it. It's a little like first grade where everyone has to win to keep the peace, but if that's what it's come to at Fiero shows then so be it.

xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanDirect Link to This Post
Right wrong or indiferent..I am definately hooked. There are people out there with some unbelievable skills and imagination..Keep the pics coming, I keep getting more ideas
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya Tom !! People that weren't even there seem to be the most critical !!
We had a great time , and I'm tickled to have even placed at all in my class. And , you don't HAVE to spend any more time cleaning than you want to. You didn't HAVE to take your car thru the judging lane. I was thinking about not having mine judged , but then I figured , hell I've driven this far and paid my fees , so why not get judged. As it turned out , I (we) were pleasantly surprised.
I spent Thursday afternoon washing my car after driving in rain for probably 150 miles getting there. I may have spent 30 minutes washing the car (and I missed a few spots I found out after the judging)
Then , I left the car alone til Saturday at the track , where we did go over the car cleaning the rest of the car I didn't wash on Thursday afternoon , maybe spent about an hour detailing.So , we spent maybe an hour and half cleaning. The rest of the time we walked and talked and enjoyed the show and the people.
I sure hope they continue with the Show. This was our 6th year coming to Daytona. And hope there are more of them.It's just one of those "must do" events each year.
I appreciate all the hard work the Florida gang put into the show. THANKS !!
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Here are some more pics from Daytona....I tried to include things that hadn't been posted already just to give you a different view. hehe

Alex's widebody from the front:

A closeup of the interior that you probably hadn't seen already

Here's a closeup of the dash....side vents are important too. hehe

Under the hood.....

~cont~
~Tress

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 03-29-2006).]

Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post

Miss-Tress007

541 posts
Member since Feb 2004
~cont~

The choptop (you can really see the difference in this pic between a choppie and a notchie LOL)

A "rear view" of the choptop and some others.....(mmmmm, rims LOL )

Proud-2 standing tall during the "premiere weekend" of Stay Alive

This is a closeup of how far Godfather's lambo doors can open....I didn't know they could do that...learn somethin' new everyday. hehe

Here's a short video of Godfather giving us a "demonstration" of how to open the lambo doors:

Alex stopping to say goodbye on his way out...and a certain 3-wheeler hangin' 'til the end. LOL

One last one, its a little blurry but here's the GA crew at the go-kart track. (Note to self for future reference: know where Suufmeister is at ALL TIMES on the go-kart track. LOL)

This was our second Daytona and we were thrilled to see so many "old" friends from last year and to get to meet so many "new" ones this year. Thanks so much to Frank and the Florida crew who put together a great weekend. (Good job on the weather too guys! LOL) We had so much fun last year that we were determined to get there this year---hence the 3-wheelin' action.

You guys did a great job and I'll be looking forward to seeing all of my fiero buddies again next year.

~Tress

------------------

I may not know alot about cars...but I make a Fiero look good!

"The Hottie" --drowned by Hurricane Katrina but not forgotten: "Memories are forever"; The Hottie Diaries: (A Tribute to my little car)
Preface: Babes Do It Better Volume I: Checkup Ups and Downs: It Runs, Sort of Volume II: Engine Adventures Volume III: Declaration of Independence ...to be continued (she will live again)

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 03-29-2006).]

KILRBLU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KILRBLUSend a Private Message to KILRBLUDirect Link to This Post
Hey that paint job on that car took 2 of us 10 months to do. It was done in a garage without a paint booth
in Michigan and was painted in the middle of winter. The color is new color for GM in 2005 called Bermuda Blue M214 color code
KILRBLU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KILRBLUSend a Private Message to KILRBLUDirect Link to This Post

KILRBLU

13 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I ALSO WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE FLORIDA FIERO PEOPLE "GREAT JOB" WELL DONE!!!

I drove form Michigan 1,119.29 miles and yes I did clean and clean but had a great time doing so not just for myself but for the love of the FIERO!!!

AGAIN FRANK AND ALL THE FLORIDA FIEROS "THANK YOU"

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe. Don't feel bad Jonathan. My car will be twice as dirty if we make to D7. However, rolln' with you and W-M is....priceless.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:

Here are some more pics from Daytona....I tried to include things that hadn't been posted already just to give you a different view. hehe

Here's a closeup of the dash....side vents are important too. hehe

~cont~
~Tress

Damn. That interior is "bang'n" Looks like the carbon material that Mr. Mike uses? Thanks for the close-up Miss-Tress. Next yr you should be the "official" film maker.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:

Is that a Ford overhead light that he's got mounted on the console? I've got one that looks just like that I'm planning to put in my truck.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehehe. Don't feel bad Jonathan. My car will be twice as dirty if we make to D7. However, rolln' with you and W-M is....priceless.

It sounds like if there is a D7 it will be a show and shine... I like the sounds of that.

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
That is a overhead console from a Taurus, but we tilted in over and now it serves as a map/courtesy light.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

That is a overhead console from a Taurus.

Nice touch. After the dome light in my truck was replaced with a DVD flip down screen I went searching for a new dome light and came up with the same one you did.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics....looks like a great show
wwh0001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wwh0001Send a Private Message to wwh0001Direct Link to This Post
Well I am sorry that some of you don't think my car should have won best of show. By the way, yes the Custom/Modified 84 Sliver Fiero belongs to me and my wife. This made our seventh trip to this show and always enjoy ourselves and love talking to other Fiero Folks. Out of those seven trips this was only our third win and the first time we brought the 84. Some of you that go to the show may remember a black 86 gt with rainbow stripes...that's the one that we won with before . Last year we brought our 88 Formula and didn't win. Yes we all like to win, but as you can see we keep coming back because we enjoy it even if we don't win.
I have read a lot of comments that don't make a lot of sense to me about the judging etc. I have been attending car shows for many years...all kinds. And yes most of those shows have some kind of judging.. The best, most precise judging I have seen has always been at the Daytona show... I say that even though we usually didn't win amything except a door prize. And you know winning is always better than not winning. Everyone has their own opinions but even when we didn't win we never said those that did win didn't deserve it..
We drove our car from Cincy to Daytona through snow/salt/rain. We always drive our cars to whatever show we go to.
I bought the 84 in Nov of last year and then spent the next four months ( almost every day) working on it.. I have the time now that I am retired.
If you looked at my car you should have seen all of the modifications..If not here is a short list
Front and Rear Facia customized with driving lights / backup lights
Out SIde MIrrors moved Forward
Antenna Moved to rear.
Custom Wing/SIde scoops.. Deck lid Consists of an 84 and 87 gt deck lid fabricated to add height for the carb.
All badges shaved , even Pontiac on the left headlamp door. Deck Lock cylinder shaved/ both mechanical and power release added
Fuel Filler door was changed from the round to a rectangular shape so the body lines would blend
This car has a 350 V8 that has been custom built for drag racing. Too many parts to list but it has about 335 hp with 400 ft.lb. of torque and will do 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.
It has a beefed up 4t60 tranny with a cooller and a switch on the console to turn the Converter Lock up off or on so you won't burn the tranny up when you are pushing it.
It also has power steering that can been adjusted on /off with a switch on the console.
The interior was completely redone.. carpets/leather seats /visors/ custom guages/ custom switches. One of the guages will record 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. By the way we also won best custom interior.
I am sorry to hear there may not be a judged show next year or a show at all. Frank/ Tom and all of the people that put on the show do an outstanding job.
Hope we can all get together next year and have a good time!
Bill & Ruthie
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
Nice post and congrats on the win, I obviously (being a newb) wasn't there and have only seen pics. You seem to have every right to defend yourself, and its a shame if that show gets shut down. I love that widebody, but theres more to a win than just the favorite car or individuals opinions.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock