Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What's Wrong With This Picture? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What's Wrong With This Picture? by Miss-Tress007
Started on: 03-20-2006 07:13 PM
Replies: 78
Last post by: madcurl on 05-08-2006 06:37 PM
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Quiz time.

Guess what this is and what is wrong with this picture?

Stumped?

Here's a hint:

Grrrrr.

Now it's how many days until Daytona? <sheesh>

I call UPS to find out where the other wheel/tire is.......get someone who tells me it's supposed to be delivered today---um--WRONG--'cause I'm staring at 3, not 4.

Call back and get someone else who tells me that it's on a tractor trailer or train on its way to CALIFORNIA!!!!!! But they won't know for sure until it either a) arrives in California (4-5 days from now) or b) arrives at my house in Georgia 'cause they can't pinpoint for sure exactly where the box is.

Called back and got someone else who told me it's in Pleasantdale, GA and would be delivered to me tomorrow--or Wednesday at the latest.

I'm gonna cry! I need chocolate to drown my sorrows!

------------------

I may not know alot about cars...but I make a Fiero look good!

"The Hottie" --drowned by Hurricane Katrina but not forgotten: "Memories are forever"; The Hottie Diaries: (A Tribute to my little car)
Preface: Babes Do It Better Volume I: Checkup Ups and Downs: It Runs, Sort of Volume II: Engine Adventures Volume III: Declaration of Independence ...to be continued (she will live again)

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 03-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
yeah uh....thats a downer

- Phil

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
I hear three wheels are faster then four! Less drag, better gas mileage and so forth!

Sorry I just had to. When is the last one coming in?

More updates

Robert

------------------
Thank you,

IZA TOY's Home Page www.IZATOY.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Threes company but, four is a crowd?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Don't even get me started about UPS! Good Luck! See you in Daytona!
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
RING THEM AND DON'T GET OFF THE PHONE UNTIL YOU GET THE ANWER YOU WANT.
NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER
NEVER TAKE "WE WILL FIX THE TROUBLE" FOR AN ANSWER
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I ordered some parts from the Fiero Store via UPS and they couldn't find my house. (new construction - street isn't on many maps yet). So they mailed me a notice telling me to come pick up my crap at their depot.

The notice made it fine (via USPS). Why couldn't they just attach the notice to my STUFF!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Tress.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
No doubt you've tried this, right?
http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
Oh that sucks. Well i just made some chocolate chip cookies you wants some I needed some chocolate too
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Awww, that STINKS!

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
You could make your car into a trike like others have posted.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight."

PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Well, unwrap one a those suckers and lets see 'em!
Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Here ya go AutoTech....

I was so upset about not getting all of them that I didn't even think about unwrapping any of them to see how they looked!

Now after seeing it unwrapped, I really hope I get the other one tomorrow and the person who told me it's on the way to California was wrong.

Madcurl--I did the online tracking first. That's how I found out that it was supposed to have been delivered today.

Oh, and thanks for all of the "suggestions" for using the 3-wheeler approach on the car, but I'll pass thank you and try to get all 4 of these babies.

~Tress

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I ordered a set of Michelins from Tirerack.com during the whole Explorer/Firestone thingy and I got 3 of my 4 tires delivered one day too. I called about it and I was told they ship three together and one seperately so they are less likely to be stolen. I got the 4th a day or two later as I remember. It made sense to me at the time but I guess it doesn't happen like that? Or maybe just with certain companies? You may want to contact who you bought them from maybe they have the same procedure. Thats just what happened to me.

-Tim

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Wow, those really are nice!

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
wow, wheelmax did the exact same thing to me, luckily my 4th wheel came the next day.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
heh heh, i've seen this kid in a prelude a couple times with an aftermarket set of rims on the driver's side of his car and stock on the other side...i guess he thinks he'll look good half the time. either that or you could just mount them up front for now and tell ppl that you have your "drag slicks" on the back rims and they aren't street legal so that's why you have two stock rims in back.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT (under construction...donate today)
2001 Grand Am GT (new addition)
1998 Dodge Neon R/T (who can forget that P.O.S.)

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Atleast you have a spare tire?
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Wow, those really are nice!

VERY! Can't wait to see them on the car. You'll get 'em, Tress... hang in there.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it???
You have all three tires for your Fiero trike. what is wrong?
MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post
need pics

------------------
prowling the pacific...

87 GT - V8 - 5 Speed

PFF
System Bot
Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad you guys are having so much fun with this......NOT!

Called UPS this morning....they finally admitted that the package IS on the way to California. They're going to try and intercept it and send it back to me. (Yeah, right..like I have any confidence in them at all.)

Called Wheelmax and they're going to try and send out another one today and overnight it to me so I get it tomorrow morning. (Keep your fingers crossed.)

BTW--How do you tell if a tire is supposed to be for the driver's side or passenger's side? She asked me which side I needed and I didn't know.

~Tress

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Modern tires are directional. Look at the three tires you have and look for arrows like this >>>>>> You should have two going one way and only one going the other way. You need the one that's missing.

Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Jonathan.

This may sound like a stupid question, but do the arrows point towards the front of the car or the back?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 03-21-2006).]

87SEV6Reborn05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87SEV6Reborn05Send a Private Message to 87SEV6Reborn05Direct Link to This Post
Yeah I had the same problem with small orders of tires, if it's 10 or less Goodyear will ship them UPS or Fedex and neither will guarantee you all will arrive on the same day. 3 will show up and then 1 a day or two later. Oh and often it ends up in some other state somewhere because a sorter decided the zip was for Arizona not Missouri. I hope they can get it to you by tomorrow, but I have no faith in either one.
Good Luck
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels are nice, how big is the dish?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Arrows ( on the sidewalls ) point in the direction the car is heading....huh hopefully forward. So arrows point to the front of the car!!

So how's that trike coming along???????

SEE JScott1 does NOT have ALL the answers so there Jon.

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-21-2006).]

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:

This may sound like a stupid question, but do the arrows point towards the front of the car or the back?

The arrows should point toward the front of the car when at the top of the tire, and toward the rear when at the bottom. Picture the tire mounted on the car, and the car rolling forward. The tire should rotate in the same direction as the arrows are pointing.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The arrows point in the direction the tire will rotate while driving forward.
So, properly mounted, the arrow on the side of the tire will be pointing forward on the top of the tire, and backward when on the bottom.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

SEE JScott1 does NOT have ALL the answers so there Jon.

Revin's right, in my haste to respond I neglected to say on the SIDEWALL there will be this " FWD >>>>>>>" If they are facing right, that's the right side tire. If they are facing left that's the left side tire. If you see no arrows, then your tires are not directional and it doesn't matter.

40 lashes to me for an incomplete answer

I once mounted mine backwards and they didn't blow up or anything, but they wouldn't handle as well in the rain.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-21-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...So the 4th wheel is headed to CA-------that ain't good. If it was me, I'd be asking for my money back NOW!

Worse case: It'll arrive late on Friday @ 17:00 hr. Unless it's arriving by plane, it might be on time by late Tuesday or Wednesday. If it's arriving by frieght (truck, train, or donkey) it'll be 2-3 days.

MissTress give me a pm.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-21-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
I think UPS has put a damper on everyone's day a time or two.... My paycheck used to get delivered via UPS Next Day Air which oddly took 2 to 3 days more than once...???
Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Talked to the customer service rep at Wheelmax and she's trying to get manager approval to ship out the last one to me this afternoon so I can have it tomorrow. The idiots at UPS can't even tell me where the darn tire is right now because it was mis-sorted to begin with. The only thing they can do is wait until it shows up so they can redirect it back to me.

Now I've got to wait a few more hours to find out if Wheelmax is actually going to send out the missing tire. I fell in love with these wheels/tires, so I'm not too happy with the prospect of trying to find new ones somewhere else. Plus, by the time they get around to issuing a refund....well, I just don't have that kind of bank lying around to go buy more wheels/tires while I wait for them to process a refund.

So I'm basically stuck waiting for them to do the right thing and help me out.

Thanks for the answers on the directions for the tires....I called the rep back and confirmed which tire I need, so hopefully 1) they'll send it and 2) they'll send the right one. (Oh, and guys, I didn't mean to imply that jscott1 had all the answers....you're all wonderfully knowledgeable and incredibly helpful! )

I don't have anyplace to work on the car here (no garage or carport and a HOA that frowns on that type of thing) and don't have any tools (compliments of Hurricane Katrina), so I'll have to take it to a shop to have the tires put on and aligned anyway. That means that I can't even test fit the rear ones just to see how they'd look. Besides, it's raining here anyway. (Kind of matches my mood.)

<sigh> I'm bummed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed; trying not to cry and trying to stay away from the chocolate. I guess I'll go call the rental car company and see if I can get a car to drive to the show--worst case scenario. Is it too much to ask to be able to go to a fiero event in a fiero?!

Send some positive energy my way so this will all work out.

Okay, rant over. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

~Tress

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I had the same thing happen to me a week or so before wheatstock. 3 wheels came in, but the fourth was lost somewhere. What's with wheel manufacturers and only sending 3 of the 4 wheels? Hopefully you had better luck than me, it didn't turn out that great. Good luck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 03-21-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miss-Tress007:

Thanks for the answers on the directions for the tires....I called the rep back and confirmed which tire I need, so hopefully 1) they'll send it and 2) they'll send the right one. (Oh, and guys, I didn't mean to imply that jscott1 had all the answers....you're all wonderfully knowledgeable and incredibly helpful! )
~Tress

Dont' worry about Revin, he's just giving me some friendly ribbing. I think at three wheels you probably are still ahead of him.

Schwing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SchwingSend a Private Message to SchwingDirect Link to This Post
My set of rims/tires showed up in three separate deliveries over a period of 4 days.
Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I had the same problem.. Mine came Fedex though. Said "On truck for delivery" so I said okay waited around most of the day and finally left. Came home to one wheel/tire and it said all 4 were delivered on the website. Took another 3 days to get the rest..

Your wheels look good, I get tired of the same 5 spoke pattern most get and this is a lot different.

Miss-Tress007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Wheelmax. The wheel/tire has been mounted and is shipping out today Next Day Air, so I'll get it tomorrow morning. They don't have a tracking number yet because they haven't finished all of the shipping for the day, but it's definitely going out and I'll have it tomorrow.

Wheelmax rocks!

Now let's hope UPS doesn't lose this one.....

~Tress

jd_66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jd_66Send a Private Message to jd_66Direct Link to This Post
maybe the other one will show up and you will have an extra...
jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post
Tress
Those look FANTASTIC!!! Since you are soo accomodating, maybe you could mount two and give us a pic of one side to see how great they look on the car?? just kidding!!! Honestly could you post the specs.....I know you did a lot of homework to come up with the combo you wanted
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock