Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Holy Batman,..Wild Custom Fiero coming !!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Holy Batman,..Wild Custom Fiero coming !! by exoticse
Started on: 03-10-2006 01:01 AM
Replies: 35
Last post by: exoticse on 04-29-2006 12:29 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Well i am happy to say i have finally tracked down the builder of this wild custom stretched Fiero !

Mr Mark Towle is a world renowed builder of replica Batmobiles

Some of his work for a customer here in Florida. ( His shop is located in San Bernardino, California)

Mr Towle told me this in an email about the car,.............

"ITS FARTHER ALONG BUT NOT 100% WE ARE MAKING MOLDS OFF IT TO PRODUCE THE PARTS FOR KITS HOPEFULYY BY SUMMER...THANKS FOR THE COMPLEMENT"

I will keep everyone updated as it progress and use this thread to convey any information he may give.

Very cool and exotic looking project.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-10-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
ohh nice... i wonder if he can get a few more pics of his kit for us becouse iam deffanly interested

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 03-10-2006).]

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
Whoa i see McLaren F1 in the rear. other that than that though.....no comment.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Yes i made a request for more pics and details so stay tuned !
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yes i made a request for more pics and details so stay tuned !

awsome

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Did he do all of that and keep the stock motor?
Snowcrash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnowcrashSend a Private Message to SnowcrashDirect Link to This Post
To me this car seems like a lot of intresting ideas and designs that are poorly mashed together.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snowcrash:

To me this car seems like a lot of intresting ideas and designs that are poorly mashed together.

Looks to me like it just needs some smoothing out of the lines with some glass and a singular coat of paint. It doesn't look poorly mashed together just unfinished.

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scurvy:

Looks to me like it just needs some smoothing out of the lines with some glass and a singular coat of paint. It doesn't look poorly mashed together just unfinished.

I agree... All it needs is a few hours of finishing bodywork and even just a coat of primer. It would look huge amounts better one color. In fact, I rally like it.

Anybody else see the GT40?

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
I like it . If that is made into production I'd buy it . I wanted to chop my 87 GT but I'd rather have something like that car .
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
If he makes csome of those curves flow together, and look less "stuck on" (fenders) that car will end up lookin' REAL nice. Remember how many of the "jaw-droppers" here looked like in the early stages.

It definately has potential, imo. Wonder what he will do for the headlights and tailights...

PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely buy that kit if it goes into production. I'd probably spend around $5,000 or $6,000 no problem too. I'd just keep the stock headlights, depending on the other options available, and I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for taillights anyway. I really want to see what becomes of this.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I invited Mark to join the forum so we will see what happens with that, otherwise i offered to field the questions and post his remarks here.

Waiting for his response.

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look like there is any possibility of roll up door glass.
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
From the a-pillers back i like it. I'm not feeling the headlights though.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to photoshop it one color?
slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
That car is in San Bernadino? Thats about an hour away from me. I wonder if he would let people come over to check it out sometime.
pufnstuf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pufnstufClick Here to visit pufnstuf's HomePageSend a Private Message to pufnstufDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Anyone want to photoshop it one color?

Post it in Custom2M4's thread, maybe he will be able to.

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gusshotrod:

Doesn't look like there is any possibility of roll up door glass.

Why's that?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

What type of questions do you guys all have ?

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

I had to heighten the opacity, so you can definitely tell the car is about 5 different colors, but it looks lots better if you ask me... I used the lasso tool, so the edges aren't prefect, but you get the idea. If anybody else wants to give it a shot, go for it.

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 03-11-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
When the rear of the roof is dropped, it also moves the sealing point for the door glass at the rear of the glass inwards, resulting in a side window with different curvature front to rear. The resulting "warped" window may not roll up and down without some very fancy fab work. To make this work correctly the roof would need a pie cut, with the rear of the roof spread, so that the upper and lower sealing surfaces are parallel. You can see that the top of the side window in the picture is stock. My guess is that this is a problem.

[This message has been edited by gusshotrod (edited 03-11-2006).]

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gusshotrod:

When the rear of the roof is dropped, it also moves the sealing point for the door glass at the rear of the glass inwards, resulting in a side window with different curvature front to rear. The resulting "warped" window may not roll up and down without some very fancy fab work. To make this work correctly the roof would need a pie cut, with the rear of the roof spread, so that the upper and lower sealing surfaces are parallel. You can see that the top of the side window in the picture is stock. My guess is that this is a problem.

Good call. I bet he'll figure something out, or at least I hope he does.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
A link to Mark's stuff.

He also does Speed Racer's Mach 5 and Racer X's car.

http://www.marktowle.com/

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-11-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Wow just got an email from the owner of the Batmobile whose picture i posted. He too is from Florida and after looking around said we have some amazing cars on this forum !

He also said that Mark Towle, previous to all this, had told him that he once owned a fiero that he claims blew the doors off a porsche ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-29-2006).]

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
This is a fiero undercover
Still looking for the front pics

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
I really dont like how stubby the F40 replicas look
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Why is this on page 4?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Nice

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
AHHH YEAH BABY !!!

I just love Mark T.'s work! When I was growing up, between him and George Barris www.barris.com were / ARE my idols !
All my body work I have ever done were inspired through their creations !
I have lots of respect for them and their work !

Please have Mark post on here, and show some more work. Thanks

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
el bumpo for more pics of that beast...
PFF
System Bot
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

el bumpo for more pics of that beast...

I agree! More please!
This is one unique looking rebody! (I'm talking about the Fiero up top).
WOW! I would really like to see that thing finished!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I sent Mark another email letting him know how high the intrest is here on his fiero project, but so far he has not gotten back to me.

I am guessing he is extremely busy at his shop and does not get online much. Hopefully he will shoot us an update soon.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Still no new update.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
HAHA I'm sorry but you updating your own thread to say that theres no update made me laugh.

I would like to see what this project is gonna look like in the end, so thanks for keeping the thread alive.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

HAHA I'm sorry but you updating your own thread to say that theres no update made me laugh.

I would like to see what this project is gonna look like in the end, so thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Got an email asking for an update.

Also keeps it from falling into the archives (really not sure how long you have) ?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock