Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rear Louvers Idea, for 80's Camaros, and Daytona Owners, please help me.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Rear Louvers Idea, for 80's Camaros, and Daytona Owners, please help me. by FieroWannaBe
Started on: 02-15-2006 11:07 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Custom2M4 on 02-20-2006 07:19 PM
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I am thinking of a way of making some rear louvers for the fastback GT's, and i know they make a set of 3 piece louvers for 3rd gen Camaros, and I need the maesurements for the insinde section. If anyone owns one or has access to one, would you measure it for me?
Also, I know they make louvers for Daytonas, if you anyone could measure those.
Thanxs for any help.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 02-15-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Bubbajoe, was using 3rd gen camaro louvers, if you consult the search for his build thread (like 12 pages long) near the end he shows how he installed them, and how much had to be built up. I hope that helps.

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I scoped it out once before, and its not wide enough. However, a full 3 piece Camaro louver set fits a Notchback Fiero almost perfectly. I've been looking around at other cars with wider, flatter rear hatches to test fit, but I haven't found any yet. I was thinking of the 80s Mustangs, but I haven't had a chance to investigate it yet.
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post
Daytona Louvers are very Rare, you are much more likely to find a set for a Camaro.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
thanks a lot for some of the info, so th 3 piece camaro louvers arent wide engough fo a fastback? how narrow are they? I'll look at some more old hatches for louvers.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
ny one here have acces to a 70's Z-car? how big is there rear hatch?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Any 1st gen probe owners? how big are those rear hatches?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
JC whitney still listes that daytona louvers, Does tha tmean they still cary them?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004
Last inquiry now
Mach one mustang louvers? think those are big enough?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

Last inquiry now
Mach one mustang louvers? think those are big enough?

45 inches - 1971 Mustang Mach1 rear window. I thought I would go measure for you . Our daytona isn't here though, so I can't measure that one for you .. Sorry..

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

thanks a lot for some of the info, so th 3 piece camaro louvers arent wide engough fo a fastback? how narrow are they? I'll look at some more old hatches for louvers.

I honestly can't recall, but it was a substantial amount. Problem with the Camaro louvers is that the Camaro rear windown is curved, so the louvers are too. The 3 piece set actually fits the notchback Fiero almost perfectly, but doesn't work with the fastback. If you take the 2 wing pieces off and just use the center part of the Camaro louvers, its too narrow by several inches, enough that it would just look dumb.

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

If you want louvers.. Do it similar to madcurls car in the backround...

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

45 inches - 1971 Mustang Mach1 rear window. I thought I would go measure for you . Our daytona isn't here though, so I can't measure that one for you .. Sorry..

is that measurement n width length or diagnally?

shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i was looking at a daytona just this past week that had those. i almost grabbed them just in case but didn't. if they'll work, i'll go get them for somebody. not my taste but i can pull them off if they're still there. i hid some T/A vents so i have to go back anyway to get those.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

If you want louvers.. Do it similar to madcurls car in the backround...

the looking I am aspiring to emulate is this

so Im trying to find some louvers that can be modified to fit in the space between the butresses of the fastback clip like Kameo Kid has

but maybe some day i could do a crazy mod like what is being done the Madcurl's car

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

is that measurement n width length or diagnally?

Width, want another one?

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
45 is good width im thinking, the fieros goes from 44in to 52 inch front to back
how long is it?
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

FieroWannaBe

2289 posts
Member since Oct 2004

anyone know a source for the louvers?
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
45 x 54 x 27 tall.. You can get them through many places.. just search for classic mustang..

Dallas Mustang is a good one..

Do I get a +?
------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 02-20-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay