Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Behind-The-Seat Subwoofer Installers, I need your help!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Behind-The-Seat Subwoofer Installers, I need your help! by 1986 Fiero GT
Started on: 02-15-2006 03:02 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: crzyone on 02-16-2006 12:57 AM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I just cut my firewall on the passenger side, and it looks mighty wierd. See?

Is this what it's supposed to look like? How do I get my box to look like this one in crzyone's Fiero?

Anybody?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Cut out the support brace for the wall, grind it out or whatever you need to do. By the looks of things he used foam to shape the side walls then used a sound deadning matt and covered the inside. Its an "ok" method, but personally I wouldn't use foam and matt for a wall of a box. Again it all depends on how large the magnet is for your sub, if you magnet is large you may have to.

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

FieroAngel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
Matt cut the wall then made a mold out of newspaper and tape and fiberglassed it in then he took some particle board and made a cover and sat the sub in and so far its worked great. Sounds good too.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Cut out the support brace for the wall, grind it out or whatever you need to do. By the looks of things he used foam to shape the side walls then used a sound deadning matt and covered the inside. Its an "ok" method, but personally I wouldn't use foam and matt for a wall of a box. Again it all depends on how large the magnet is for your sub, if you magnet is large you may have to.

That's exactly what I meant, I hadn't seen that support brace on anybody else's car, so I though mine was wierd. Alright, I'll have to cut it out. I already know what I'm doing to seal the boxes, I just didn't expect to see the box full of metal when I peeled that sheet metal back. Thanks man, + for you.

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

1986 Fiero GT

3383 posts
Member since Mar 2005
Cut most of the support out, but I stabbed my finger with a screwdriver. Pretty nasty, sprayed blood all over my interior, so I quit for the day, I'll finish sometime next week after my finger heals.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I left the support brace in there, but pounded it down with a hammer.

I used the foam in the sides basically for a something the fiberglass could mould to. I let the foam dry and then used 2 layers of fiberglass and physically fiberglassed the hole I cut in the firewall. I think its the best way to get a good seal. The foam should absorb some of the vibration the subs are going to cause on the firewall as well.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

crzyone

3571 posts
Member since Dec 2000
This picture is alittle bit more clear. The foam in the sides makes a mould for the fiberglass. 2 layers of glass and its still fairly see though.

Very much worth the hastle when its all done

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 02-16-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock