Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I Got One! I Got One! I Got One! Whoo-hoo! (Long post--I'm excited LOL) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I Got One! I Got One! I Got One! Whoo-hoo! (Long post--I'm excited LOL) by Miss-Tress007
Started on: 12-19-2005 09:17 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: fierofool on 12-28-2005 09:31 AM
Miss-Tress007
From: New Orleans, LA, USA--now in Greensboro, GA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Miss-Tress007Send a Private Message to Miss-Tress007Direct Link to This Post
Most of you know by now that I lost my baby--"The Hottie"--to Hurricane Katrina (completely submerged for 2 1/2 weeks, not pretty) in August. Well, once a fiero-addict, always a fiero-addict, right? Of course, once we settled in hilly middle Georgia, the first thing I thought of was that I needed to find another fiero. I mean, the roads here practically scream "I was made for a fiero" with all of those hills, valleys, twists and turns. LOL

So, once I made the decision to get another car, we started looking around and checking online, ebay, newspaper, etc. We found out about an '88 coupe in Florida that was going for $750--but couldn't get things together with the seller--mainly because we had to try to coordinate navigating a 7 hour trip in order to arrange delivery/transfer of the car. Scheduling wasn't working out at all. So then Ronnie PM'd me and let me know about a couple of leads that he had on cars here in Georgia that were ready to be sold. Checked out a couple that were out of my budget, then got an email with this pic of an '86 SE for sale only an hour away:

Whoo-hoo! How fast can you say "SOLD"!? LOL I was sooo excited! The car looked great! The paint was amazing and I instantly fell in love with it. hehe So of course I immediately emailed him back and asked for the contact info and the details; called them up and proceeded on the path towards becoming a legitimate fiero-owner once again.

We communicated with the owner (who, by the way, is a great guy--really nice, honest and cool) and his wife for a couple of days and arranged to go over on last Thursday to check out the car and complete the transaction. When he got the car about 2-3 years ago, it was a silver, 4 cyl with an overheating problem. Now it's a V-6 (love that power, Jscott! LOL), yellow automatic with only about 7000 miles on the rebuilt engine (182K total miles)! Talk about power! Acceleration in no time flat and a really smooth cruising speed of 70+mph on the highway.

Even the interior looks good! The headliner is fine; the console had been replaced already; the steering wheel was changed and he'd even put in a new stereo! The only thing that needed to be changed was the seats. These have older seat covers on them, so of course I had to go to pick up some temporary ones until I decide which route to take--recovering them or Mr. Mikes. hehe

Thursday morning I was so excited I could barely keep still. We followed our mapquest printout--got turned around a couple of times 'cause we were going into the "country"--translation, not alot of street signs, landmarks and traffic LOL--then pulled up an hour later to find that the car looks just as good in person as it did on the picture. It was drizzling a little--more like ice-rain--so I knew I wouldn't be able to test drive it in the slippery conditions and red Georgia clay. Once we pulled up, the owner came out and started her right up--no pumping the gas pedal, no coaxing, nothing. He told me that he hadn't started the car in about a week, but it ran like a dream.

He popped the trunk and the engine was soo clean. Not to mention that the trunk was almost spotless as well. I couldn't believe my good luck!

So we went inside out of the cold to make me an honest fiero owner. I called my bank to arrange a wire transfer for payment as we'd agreed. According to my banking officer, I could do the transfer and he'd get a confirmation number that he could use to verify that the funds had been sent until they actually hit his account. That way, even if his bank didn't update the account before I left, he'd have proof that the money was his. Sounds like a good way to make sure that he didn't get ripped off, right? So, picked up the phone to call and implement the master plan and hit the first snag--the bank officer that I'd arranged everything with was out to lunch--wouldn't be back for about an hour and there was no one else who could do it. Ugghh--so close and yet so far!

No problem, we'll hang out for a bit and then call back. It's around 11:30am, so we've got some time before he has to go to work at 2:30pm. So we talked about fieros, I showed him some of the pics of my original car on the forum and he gave me the low-down on the car. We also checked out their humongous fish tank--they have baby gold fish that they raised--and killed some time. Called the bank a few more times during the next hour and 20 mins and finally got the bank officer. Emailed her the info. and explained that I needed to have it done asap 'cause I was buying a car from an individual who had to leave to go to work. Called her back about 20 mins later and was told that transfer had been sent, but that she didn't have a confirmation number or anything that he could get that would prove that he'd been paid. Aaarrrgggghhhh---is nothing easy?! Now it's well after 1pm and he's got to get ready to go to work. She said the transfer should show up in about an hour, which would be cutting it real close to the time that he had to leave.

I didn't want to leave with the car until I'd been assured that he'd received the funds, and I didn't want to take another ride out there the next day. The weather forecast didn't look too good 'cause we were expecting more ice and I knew I wouldn't be able to drive back out on Friday.

Okay, decided to get everything ready--just in case. Signed the title in the appropriate places and waited. Half an hour later he called and checked his bank before going to work--nothing. So he offered to let us take the car and he'd just mail us the title once the funds were received. (Like I said, really honest, nice guy.) We didn't want to do that, 'cause we wanted to make sure that everything was finalized before taking the car. After all, for a deal like that, it was only fair.

So, on to plan B. He had to go to work and his wife had to go and pick up their son from school, so he was going to check with his bank again from work and then call his wife to give her an update. We decided to go into town (about 20 mins away) and get something to eat while we waited for him to check on the transfer from work and wandered into the local Wal-Mart to get seat covers. (Gotta think positively, don't I? )

Called his wife at 3:30pm--nothing yet. She said he was going to call the bank back before 5pm 'cause they said a transfer should hit the account by close of business. Okay, I could wait another hour and a half, no problem. Stopped at McDonald's; killed some more time in Wal-Mart; then started back to their house after 4pm.

Got a call from her at 4:30pm--apparently the bank had closed early, so he couldn't talk to anyone to see if the funds had hit the account. She said they'd talked about it and wanted us to take the car and they'd mail the title once the funds cleared on Friday. Since we had to pass their house anyway on the way home, we decided to stop by and talk it over. By this time I was really disappointed. I thought I'd had all of the bases covered and would have been driving away in my "new" fiero, but now I was faced with the prospect of having to come back to pick up the car later. I couldn't let him let me take the car if the funds hadn't been verified yet--I just didn't feel right doing that--so I wanted to stop by and say good-bye to the little car. (Yeah, I know I'm hopeless. LOL)

We pulled up at 5pm; got out and went inside. We had just got through telling her that we'd arrange a time to come back on Friday, when we thought about having her check the automated system to see if the funds had cleared (yeah, one last ditch effort)--and IT WAS THERE! Whoo-hooo! I jumped up and down and then hugged her, I was so happy! Then I started the "I've got a fiero" chant with this big goober grin on my face. LOL

She gave me the title and the keys and I went out to start up my little car. The ride home was just as eventful, since we missed our turn and ended up in Athens, Ga. (about another 30 min away) and had to get home from there. hehe I didn't care though, 'cause this baby was sooo sweet to drive!

We just got a digital camera, so I'll post some more pics and some other details on my other "adventures" since I've had the car later. hehe

Welcome me home, boys. I'm back in the fiero-saddle again! LOL

--Tress

------------------

I may not know alot about cars...but I make a Fiero look good!

"The Hottie" --drowned by Hurricane Katrina but not forgotten: "Memories are forever"; The Hottie Diaries: (A Tribute to my little car)
Preface: Babes Do It Better Volume I: Checkup Ups and Downs: It Runs, Sort of Volume II: Engine Adventures Volume III: Declaration of Independence ...to be continued (she will live again)

[This message has been edited by Miss-Tress007 (edited 12-19-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
WOW! It sounds like you lucjed out BIG time! Congratulations! We missed seeing you psot here, glad to see you back.

------------------
Visit My Online Store Fiero Lives Online

interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
great to here you got another one,hope all is well ,and you like georgia, later and happy holidays
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Cool!
And welcome back to the road!
Now you've gotta drive it to the club meeting in January.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Praise the Lowered!
Read Nealz Nuze!

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Alright! That was quite an adventure! I'm glad everything worked out for you.. That fiero sure does look nice! Get us some more pictures when you have the time
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Good to have you back!! And wow, that car looks great! Sounds like this one won't be giving you any problems for a long time.

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '86 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC running great! Fixed the bent roof, now I need an intercooler! Yeehaa!)

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Sweet looking car... might check the Mr. Mikes sale that is going right now, I think I saw a set that would look great in that.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Are you planning on bringing it to Daytona in March?

Jim

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations! The power of the V6 is like night and day. You know what they say, once you go V6 you never go back!

It's great to have you back, you have been an inspiration to a lot of us. Maybe you will inspire me to work on the Indy of mine. What's the name for the new one? When do the diaries start up? To many questions? I can't wait!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on the new car, Tress, and welcome back to the forum! It's good to see you back, and see that your enthusiasm hasn't waned! Now...how about 007....when does HE get a new Fiero?
aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
very nice looking car. that story has some suspense. congrats on being a fiero owner again.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the 'Fiero Owners Club' It's not an 88, but it does look like a heck of an improvement over the last one!

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the new Fiero! Looks nice shape just like you said. Have fun, can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

------------------

CruisingPA.com

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Tress !!

Now you need to hook your hubbie up with one!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-19-2005).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Nice find there 'tress. Now remember, don't overheat it because that engine has twice as many headgaskets.

JazzMan

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations! Hopefully this new car is solid, but a few new diaries would be cool.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats! Thats one nice car.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
It looks nice. I love yellow fieros. Glad your back.

------------------

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on being "Back in the Saddle Again." Now it's time to get 007 his!

It's good to see you posting here again.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

------------------
"All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car. Most people settle for the car." -Christopher Titus

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 12-19-2005).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
http://www.mrmikes.com/fierochristmassale.htm check out #149.... originally I thought your new car had beachwood interior due to the carpet color in photo, but I looked again and saw it's gray. If I had the money and a running Fiero... those would be mine :-)
PFF
System Bot
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Congradulations!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear your're on the "road " to recovery.
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
AHAH !!!! Been waiting for you to post about the car !!! I can feel your excitement . Glad you like it. Damn , I shoulda bought that car myself !! Looks good. But , glad to see it go to you instead. You deserved it.
Now I'll be watching for updates.
Don'tcha love it when you see someone happy !!!

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 12-19-2005).]

isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
looks great! Congrats!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Tress, you know what would be really cool? If you could get another one of those license plates with the little rabbit on it and put it back in your rear window! (The one that says, "Hi.....loser!")

Kit (86 GT)

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Yeaaaaaa! Glad you're back, That's a great looking Fiero!

Nice and Yellow!

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back! It's nice that everything turned out well. This looks like a much better car to start with than your old 88 coupe. Sounds like you can focus on the fun stuff insteading of head gaskets & overheating problems. Now you can start looking for a couple aero rocker panels. They're fun to change & I know that you can do it. Oh, and by the way, yellow Fieros rule!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back Tress. Once you've caught the Fiero bug, you never shake it. Great looking Fiero....good find.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2005 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
A bit late in joining in with the "welcome back's", but the same goes for me. You write a fascinating post..looking forward to some more from you!! Well done, and have loads of fun with your 'yellow fever'!!!!
Nick
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Good job on getting the new car! Another thing you might think of getting is a good map book of your area. You don't want to get lost on those backroads when you're checking them out .
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
In Mr. Mikes Christmas sale items I think the #0146 or #124 would really look nice with your interior. Congrats on the new Fiero. Looks really sweet!!!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Awesome!

Jen

SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
CONGRATULATIONS TRESS!!! That's one sweet looking SE you have there! Sounds like it's good runnning car, too! No overheating / head gasket issues like the Hottie!

Stick close to those Georgia Fiero folks - they're a great group!

------------------
One-owner 88 Coupe
Sharon's GT Under Construction

CFOGi Region 3 News

Kentish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishDirect Link to This Post

I thought these kind of things just happen to me, LOL.

Well done on the purchase, your new car looks great.

I was sad to hear about your previous one but glad you and the family were all OK.

------------------
Fiero 2M6 SE (1986) auto, red/orange notchback with aero body & rear wing, full black leather interior with RHD conversion.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations from me as well.
I am glad life is getting back to normal...if that can be said.
Miss-Tress, 007, Exotica Rida, what about those Fieros in New Orleans ? Any hope at all for any of them ? Also, I keep wondering about the "brand new" 88 you found in the barn and the one at that dealership. Could you do one more investigative reporting assignment ?

Originally posted by jscott1:
What's the name for the new one?

Carefull here, you named your last one the Hottie and it had overheating problems.
Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
that car is amazing, and the hills! my goodness! if it wasn't for that slow lexus in front of us......... and tress? do you want to borrow my shoes?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Carefull here, you named your last one the Hottie and it had overheating problems.

How about "Invulernable" or "Never Breaks Down" then?

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Nice Tress!
Remember now, no driving through HIGH WATER!

Every day is an adventure.

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Tress...

I am ready to help you on that one if you are still interested in the 3800sc. Talk about a Voooooorrroommm V6 then.

Loyde

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock