Started on: 12-05-2005 10:14 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: AusFiero on 12-11-2005 04:29 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I still give Hulki his due but I wish more would give John his due as he was one who fought as hard for this car as anyone and seldom gets credit. Besides he was over Hulki and let him do much of what he got away with when GM tried to shut him down.

Why hasn't he been invited to speak at one our shows?

And on the topic if you offered GM a Billion dollars to get them to sell you a car that might bring 100,000-150,000 at an auction if your lucky. That is as bright of a investment as GM stock right now.

If you had $150,000 to spend on the project, you could hire Aus to make a kit.

IP: Logged
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

If you had $150,000 to spend on the project, you could hire Aus to make a kit.

If I had $150,000 to spend on a car it would not be on a Fiero.

You would have to ask the people who run the shows why he is not invited.

John did speak at the FOCCA show at the Silverdome in the early 1990's when Hulki was to speak and blew off the dinner without telling anyone. John stepped up and spoke that night and he showed the 1990 pictures for the first time at the dinner. He is a real interesting guy!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

If I had $150,000 to spend on a car it would not be on a Fiero.

You would have to ask the people who run the shows why he is not invited.

John did speak at the FOCCA show at the Silverdome in the early 1990's when Hulki was to speak and blew off the dinner without telling anyone. John stepped up and spoke that night and he showed the 1990 pictures for the first time at the dinner. He is a real interesting guy!

Hey, CFOG-I, are you listening?

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The topic of making a 1990 kit has popped up here many times over the years.
At one poin AusFiero was considering it, and even had drawings up showing how
little you would have to change to look like the 1990 Fiero. But I believe this
was just before and during the time he got hosed on credit card fraud.

If someone had the money and know how, it is a feasiable project in my eyes.
Of coarse as we all want a good deal, we all want it cheap cheap cheap. This
scares away alot of folks from attempting such a job.

IF I had the cash, which I don;t I would pay 8-10k for a high quality kit to replicate
the 1990 Fiero. But for that I would want it to be as close to 100% as possible.
Inside and out.

Randy

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:
IF I had the cash, which I don;t I would pay 8-10k for a high quality kit to replicate
the 1990 Fiero. But for that I would want it to be as close to 100% as possible.
Inside and out.

Randy

I'd build one.

I've been talking to Chris West about building an engine for me (3.4 DOHC turbo, NSX transmission), so that would go very nicely with a 90 kit. As a kitcar, I would have more leeway on CA smog.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The problem is everyone wants the kit to be cheap and easy to build. Most kit cars Fiero or other get started and are never finished because many who want them either run out of money or skill. Lets face it 10K for the unbuilt kits is average in the kit car world.

The problem is it is hard enough to sell a Lambo or Ferarri kit car for 30K if built right after you spent 45K to build it. Lets face it you can buy a used 308 in good condition for 30K.

Only a select group would want a 1990 and I don't think anyone who made a kit would cover the cost to develope it. Only 2/3 of the Fiero people seem to love the car and many who don't like Fiero's are not going to pay 30K+ for a car that looks like an old Firebird.

It is a nice Idea but unless someone could do it on there own I don't expect we will see one built.

If one wants a Fiero kit the IMSA GTU DGP car is the best deal around. It fits well, looks great and cheap. I would love to see one painted up as the GM Goodwrench car Bob Earl drove or the GTO Fastback Valvoline Car he also drove in street legal form.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
The pics I did are floating around on the forum somewhere.
It is a feasible project but I don't think the call is there to sell enough kits for anyone to do it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock