damn it damn it DAMN IT!!!!!!! by Fie Ro
Started on: 11-29-2005 07:24 AM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Fie Ro on 12-18-2005 04:04 PM
Scythe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
I hit a curb like that thanks to a person who pulled out in front of me, and I tried to avoid. Same damage as you because I avoided the person before they ran off from the scene. Anyway, it was a bent spindle (it was about an 1cm - 1inch inward then normal. It felt like it was drifting on the rear. So....I fixed it with a new spindle, and it's about as good as new. I need to still buy some new mounts for the swaybar since they're pretty bent outta shape, but it handles just fine. I say measure the spindle of the side hit to a central location on both sides and see if that's bent. I couldn't tell by eyeing it.

Oh, and the tie rod is not bent...but I will replace it anyway for the sake of it (and for my own peace of mind). Thus the last poster is correct. Check the spindle first

[This message has been edited by Scythe (edited 11-30-2005).]

IP: Logged
metoady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for metoadyClick Here to visit metoady's HomePageSend a Private Message to metoadyDirect Link to This Post
Have you ever noticed when you fix something up nice
that some dipshi* will run in to it or try to steal it
is it just me or are other people just STUPID?

(no i didnt mean i was stupid just them)

[This message has been edited by metoady (edited 11-30-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
This morning I had an appointment with the damage inspector and my painter and we went over the damage and work involved to get it back to 'original'. Since the damage to the suspension is still hard to determine the total quote so far is around $1800. Thats covering repainting the doorpanel,rearclip and sidescoop, rebuild of the sidescoop, new tire and repolished wheel and an alignment job..all in all I think its pretty fair. I also can get some things moving now to get it done right...I hope to get the Fiero on a carlift at my club as soon as I get time,...and I found a good driverside rearknuckle from my old GT, its a spare I might need (...many parts of my old crashed GT are still alive in this one....like the rearclip) I'll swap the knuckle if thats needed and try to get a roughly better alignment...because..my favorite alignment shop is fully booked till wednesday. Also looking for a quarterpanel molding and I try to get a set of mecham style sidescoops locally so I can mod the left one as a replacement. I guess its easier now to do the same mods one more time than rebuilding the original modified scoop...although that is considered the 1st option for the taxation.
Anyway, first of all I want to get the suspension fixed. I need it as my daily driver. Put about 30km on it today at gentle speed and it feels different but solid. So I hope it can be fixed soon. I also want to take out the debris of the sidescoop and put the stock panel there in the meantime (I know I have it laying somewhere... )...it feels better to get to work on it than feeling bad about it. Sh!t happens...Damn It!
DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rod!

Sorry for you and your (BEAUTYFUL) car!!
Hope everything will be fixed very soon!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
little update: it goes slow. I must have been lucky with the suspension though; found the tire was rubbing the shock and appearantly the knuckle shifted at one of the shocktower bolts. Looks nothing was bent and I was able to reset it to a rough alignment which feels way better than before...at least its drivable now.
Replaced the sidescoop with the original for the meantime

This weekend I started to patch the remains of the scoop together, adding fiberglass to the back to get it together

Used my powerfile to clean up cracks

more fiberglass

Now aint that pretty?
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
It max not be pretty yet but I bet it will be very soon!!!
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Yeah thats right, that was about 2 years ago, something simmilar but then it happened to the front, again not my fault (just before I put the new nose on!)...ah found it:

The painter still has extra paint, its an existing paint# anyway......I have a day off tomorrow so I'll try to check the mechanical damage. I will have a look at the tips some of you pointed out... I should be able to rebuild most of it myself but this obviously wasnt planned. Thursday a damage expert could have a look if all goes well. I want to start repairs immediately after he gets a report....btw both vehicles are insured with the same company, hope that speeds things up
If I recall right I got about $2500 for the damage 2 years ago....guess this will be close. Luckily I got the bill of the painter last week so i have prove of that, I dont expect it will be close to being considered totalled but it still sucks!.

Do you happen to have more pictures of that red (VW, I think) and maybe a little history on it.
Looks great.
Good job with the progress on fixing your fiero.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2005 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ToonTownfiero:

Do you happen to have more pictures of that red (VW, I think) and maybe a little history on it.
Looks great.
Good job with the progress on fixing your fiero.

looks like an alfa romeo, sweet cars

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I didnt get much time to work on the scoop and its pretty cold to get things done fast on the repairs....but it feels like someone or something is keeping an eye on the progress..

Got most of it together but I also found more smaller cracks after sanding down to fiberglass, this panel is severely spanked!...so far it can be fixed, I think, it simply must be fixed....Its also a bit ironic to smell the fresh paint while sanding it off the panel...

Looks the scoop lost the right shape here

adding some meat to correct the shape...Its almost refinished by now!

Originally posted by justa6:
looks like an alfa romeo, sweet cars

I think it was a 155..severely stripped from weight and it had lots of CF panels...It was there to get some CF frontfenders

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 12-17-2005).]

EightBall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EightBallSend a Private Message to EightBallDirect Link to This Post
hey where did you get that rear bumper on your fiero?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I built it myself.
PFF
System Bot
EightBall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EightBallSend a Private Message to EightBallDirect Link to This Post
aww that sucks (for me lol) looks really cool

do you have a build-up thread on it or is it a no-copy-cats mod?

[This message has been edited by EightBall (edited 12-17-2005).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Well you have gone this far with the scoop, just add some fins and there is your mecham style, huh "Rio style"
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro you are incredible when it comes to glass.

Incredible how far you have brought that smashed up panel back to life.

Thanks for sharing.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EightBall:

aww that sucks (for me lol) looks really cool
do you have a build-up thread on it or is it a no-copy-cats mod?

Thanks, buildup starts halfway this page. I would consider a copy as a compliment

Got most of the scoop done, some primer does wonders for the look..

I hope I can drop off the car for paint this week.

------------------

1987GT getting 'concept GTR' treatment...1-body buildup 2-interior buildup 3-engine buildup

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro: I would consider a copy as a compliment

Really? Now you have me thinking about it.

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
Got most of the scoop done, some primer does wonders for the look..

Yea it does, looking good, glad you are able to repair the damage.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Doesn't your insurance just pay for a new scoop? Ours here in canada has to put the car back in prior or better shape then it was before the hit........ Or are you getting a refund in cash for fixing it?

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I hate to see nice Fieros like yours get hurt but it is in good hands. Thanks for the link to your bumper build. Keep the photos coming.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2005 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Doesn't your insurance just pay for a new scoop? Ours here in canada has to put the car back in prior or better shape then it was before the hit........ Or are you getting a refund in cash for fixing it?

Yes thats right, its quoted for a full day to rebuild at 65 euros per hour. I am just used to take care of the things that happen to my fiero and it saves some money this way too...so I can justify putting some more into the engineswap

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock