Started on: 09-07-2005 11:22 PM
Replies: 59
Last post by: manofiero on 11-17-2005 09:10 PM
goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2005 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
Nice pictures and input.

Ebay makes money off the price of your item sold NOT shipping. Anybody that sells or buys on ebay should be aware of this. People sell cheap and charge more for shipping all the time because they don't want ebay to make more than they did for their product. Some people are so damn stone age it is pathetic. 30 bucks for an intake is pretty good unless you know some one at a shop that will sell and bend aluminum pipe for cheaper. The sucker is the civic/crx owner that pays $150 for the same thing we buy for $30.

[This message has been edited by goatnipples2002 (edited 09-11-2005).]

IP: Logged
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wantafiero:

what are you using for the cruise control cable and where does it sit? I have a 3400 and one thing I haven't hooked up yet. As for CAI I'm using 3 inch white abs plumbers pipe (thin wall) with no issues. Just can't find a pic with the set-up yet.

------------------

14.262 @ 97MPH

DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maxsideburn:

doubt that, most of the ones in the stores are for civics and are like $65.

Ya gotta love the bolt on RICERS LOL. CAI, Fartcan, no cat, carbon fiber hood, giant wing.
Im making like 300HP LOL.

I do agree that you will get used to the sound.

Hopefully that will motivate you to crack open that engine and put in a cam and carb it.
Im sure you'll notice the performance then

------------------
Kameradschaft durch Blut und Eisen
Se avanzo; segualo. Se mi ritiro; uccidalo. Se muoio; avenge me! È
migliore vivere un giorno come leone che cento anni come pecora
Political Correctness is a religion and I am a nonbeliever

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatnipples2002:

Nice pictures and input.

Ebay makes money off the price of your item sold NOT shipping. Anybody that sells or buys on ebay shoulf be aware of this. people do it all the time because they don't want ebay to make more than they did for their product. Some people are so damn stone age it is pathetic. 30 bucks for an intake is pretty goos unless you know some one at a shop that can bend some aluminum for cheaper. The sucker is the civic/crx owner that pays $150 for the same thing we buy for $30.

thank-you, i could not have said that better myself

MilleniumFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2005 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MilleniumFieroSend a Private Message to MilleniumFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maxsideburn:

[click me]

the right way to have the intake

Originally posted by netpro55:

wrong way to have the intake

[This message has been edited by MilleniumFiero (edited 09-11-2005).]

maxsideburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2005 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maxsideburnClick Here to visit maxsideburn's HomePageSend a Private Message to maxsideburnDirect Link to This Post
actually when I got the car it had a setup something like that, where it was sucking in warm engine bay air, after about 20 minutes I'd notice a massive power decrease. Now my car seems to run cooler too.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2005 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

what are you using for the cruise control cable and where does it sit? I have a 3400 and one thing I haven't hooked up yet.

The stock 94 Cruise servo and cable out of the 94 Olds Cut Sup. The same inputs from the Fiero Cruise stalk will work for it. You can see the cable run over the top of the intake hose from the firewall.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Rickady88GT... just have to browse the local scapyard now.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
I just got mine in the mail today. I think I may have bought the wrong one, its a 2 piece pipe instead of a 1 piece. I can't figure out how to get it to fit correctly, any one ever used a 2 piece one??
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

I just got mine in the mail today. I think I may have bought the wrong one, its a 2 piece pipe instead of a 1 piece. I can't figure out how to get it to fit correctly, any one ever used a 2 piece one??

me too. haven't tried to install yet. will a 2 pc work?

maxsideburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maxsideburnClick Here to visit maxsideburn's HomePageSend a Private Message to maxsideburnDirect Link to This Post
I've heard that either will work. I think that the two piece is the same as the one that I have, just with an extra piece. You will just have to give it a shot.
PFF
System Bot
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

alright, i finally got this picture on here. this is the ram air 2 pc.

question: where does the sensor that was on the air cleaner housing go to now. because i can't hook it up i have a check engine light on.

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 09-17-2005).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
MIne was mounted above the wheel well openning and the side of the wall.

BTW. The intake does sound incredible and I would have kept mine if I had kept my MPFI

Arn

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I love the CAI myself, here is the write-up I did for the install.

http://www.thefieropage.com/Fiero/Fiero__Mods/CAI/cai.html

maxsideburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maxsideburnClick Here to visit maxsideburn's HomePageSend a Private Message to maxsideburnDirect Link to This Post
i used a dremel tool to slowly make a bung for the sensor in the intake itself.
STIFFLER

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for STIFFLERSend a Private Message to STIFFLERDirect Link to This Post
I find those CAI are way to noisey.On top of which you get nothing from them.The stock Gm air box/water remover is safe and plenty enough.

------------------

and in the 3 years owned spent more time on a flatbed then on the road.

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Mine is not the civic intake but the dodge ram cold air intake. I can never get used to the sound of these things. Mine makes a whine whistle like sound when you give it gas.

When it's idling, It makes the hissing sound.

Mine is mounted in the same location ( inside the side panel)

------------------

4.9 under construction... To lay the smack down on any mid 80s truck that stands in my way. :)

maxsideburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maxsideburnClick Here to visit maxsideburn's HomePageSend a Private Message to maxsideburnDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see a pic of that dodge ram intake.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

i am at this exact same spot...just cant figure out how it goes...

manofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for manofieroClick Here to visit manofiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to manofieroDirect Link to This Post
can this be used with the 2.5? and if it can, does anyone have a soudclip of a 2.5 with it, instead of the 2.8, im not sure what i should be listening for in that soundclip, ive never heard the fiero 6 cylinder before lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock