Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How much interest in a Euro Gated Shift Plate? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
How much interest in a Euro Gated Shift Plate? by Skybax
Started on: 01-04-2005 02:30 PM
Replies: 135
Last post by: cenneth on 04-13-2006 04:16 AM
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2005 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Time for a thread revival.
Bump.
EDIT: WHOOOHOOO my first ever page owned!

[This message has been edited by TG oreiF 8891 (edited 03-19-2005).]

IP: Logged
Skybax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post
Spoke with them today.

The plates are cut and in the finishing process.

I expect to receive them in the mail before Friday.

I will post a message when I mail them out to everyone.

Picture of prototype installed in my car...

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 04-18-2005).]

leviathan muledy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2005 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leviathan muledySend a Private Message to leviathan muledyDirect Link to This Post
ooh dang!!!, looks awesome. cant wait.
Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post
Since were finally reaching the end to this, I wanted to go over a few things...

1) there are 2 ways you can mount it. You can use double sided tape like shown above, or drill 2 holes like the original Fi-Euro.

2) these plates are made by a shim factory. I highly doubt they will be perfect. As I mentioned previously in the thread, they are stainless in an unfinished state. You need to polish it, or scratch it up to give it a brushed look.

3) there are several ways you could hide the shifter guts...

- The original Fi-Euro used a strechy boot attached to the plate with a hole in the middle. Some people didn't like it because it pulled on the shifter.

- The idea I came up with was somehow attach black paint brush bristles front and rear and have them meet in the middle. That means the shifter will move side to side in the select position where the bristles meet. And when you put it in any gear the shifter will slide between the bristles. That way nothing is ever pulling on the shifter.

- Another option that was suggested to me was, a solid piece of black plastic with a hole in the middle. I like the idea. I don't know if that will work or not because of the movement required, and might run into the ash tray areas. It's definately worth measureing / investigating.

4) if for some reason you are unhappy with it, contact me via Private Message and I will be glad to refund your money.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-25-2005).]

Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post
Shift plates were mailed out today.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skybax:

Shift plates were mailed out today.

Excellent! And thanks for the reply to my PM - - if I had simply read your first post more carefully I would have found my answer very quickly. Looks like it's time for me to order my Euro shifter.

netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2005 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Direct Link to This Post

so are these pictures of your plate and rodneys shifter?

Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by netpro55:

so are these pictures of your plate and rodneys shifter?

Not really... Those pictures were taken 2 months ago on page 2 of this thread with the plates just laying there. (see dates associated with posts)

I posted a picture 7 days ago on page 3 with my finished plate and shifter installed.

In closing... Thanks to everyone for making it happen. Hope you enjoy them.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-28-2005).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

That is the finished product.
What I mean is, what you see is what you get. It's up to you to finish it how you see fit.

2) these plates are made by a shim factory. I highly doubt they will be perfect. As I mentioned previously in the thread, they are stainless in an unfinished state. You need to polish it, or scratch it up to give it a brushed look.

Holy Crap!! You weren't kidding! Mine is covered in gouged and scratches on both sides!

I didn't expect a "polished" plate, but I didn't expect it to look like a 2 year old had drawn on it with a dremel either.
I guess $20 just doesn't buy what it used to. If anyone thinks they can use one of these without some SERIOUS refinishing, you're going to be dissappointed. "Polishing" is NOT what they need. They will require some sanding to bring the surface smooth before you can polish. Those scratches are deep enough to catch my fingernails, and you can feel raised areas around the scratch. These will definitely require a lot more work than your description led me to believe. It's like selling someone a DIY leather interior, then shipping them a cow.

Whatever company you had do those plates needs to be fired.

Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post
Before you get too upset...

One side (I think the side you have pictured, the duller side) is very smooth to the touch. That is the side you polish. The surface is dull and the scratches are only visable to the eye, you cannot feel them to the touch, they are not deep.

I will also say that I would have loved to give everyone a finished product, but that was not possible, especially for $17.50.

Stainless steel in a raw state is not a pretty metal. Those plates are cut out of huge sheets. Those sheets are stacked, dragged, and slid across things in the manufacturing plant. They are also lazer cut and not CNC cut. Did you see how much somebody wanted for a finished CNC cut Fiero emblem in the mall recently? It was over $100. CNC cut dash panels are $200. Like I said previously, it's in a unfinished state. Once you get it polished up, or give it a brushed look, you will have the plate you imagined. Everything is created from nothing.

I think I made a huge mistake by offering these to the community. I was warned by other members and I didn't listen.

I originally designed this because I wanted a Fi-Euro shifter for my car, but the original Fi-Euro was garbage and no longer available anyways. When I discovered Rodney sold a quality replacement shifter, all I needed to do was create a much better plate. I feel I was successful in doing that. It fits like a glove, the inner dimentions are perfect, and the longer / narrower to scale gates are much more attractive than the tiny stubs they called gates on the original Fi-Euro gated plate. The best part is the final product cost $25 less than the original Fi-Eurotrash.

I think I screwed up when I decided to offer it to other Fiero owners, because dispite the effort, the time spent, and providing a product that is no longer available for under $20, I knew deep down inside it might have been a mistake. I should have kept my mod to myself and been happy with that. My problem is I like to share my creations. Live & learn.

I know there are some of you who will love it after it's "finished" but for those of you who don't, like I mentioned on page 3, I would be glad to refund your money if your not happy with it. I shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of them, I'm sure there are some eBay'ers who would gobble them up.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-29-2005).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well I got mine in the mail today and was pleased with it. I mean I wasnt expecting a whole lot for $20.00 bucks, I mean come on now. Your right $20.00 cant get you what it used to but look at the cost of everything else these days, I mean did yoo expect a work of art. It will not take that much work to get it nice and shiny but it will require some work. None the less I am pleased and happy with what I got, thanks for offering the part to the Fiero community.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Before you get too upset...

One side (I think the side you have pictured, the duller side) is very smooth to the touch. That is the side you polish. The surface is dull and the scratches are only visable to the eye, you cannot feel them to the touch, they are not deep.

Oh, gee, there's another side? I didn't think about that.
Give me a break. Both sides are similar, with scratches deep enough to catch your fingernail. I just didn't post a ream of pics showing all the problems. If you'd like, I will.

I also have to say I think I made a huge mistake by offering these to the community. I was warned by other members and I didn't listen.
The mistake came when I decided to offer it to other Fiero owners, because dispite the effort, the time spent, and providing a product that is no longer available for under $20, I knew deep down inside it might have been a wasted effort. I should have kept my mod to myself and been happy with that. My problem is I like to share my creations. Live & learn.

Yup, it must be our fault. Fiero owners will complain about anything. That's why you hear so many complaints about Paul McKibben, Rodney Dickman, and Darrel Morse. Maybe, just maybe, if you had posted a pic of what the product that we would receive looked like this wouldn't be an issue. Look, I'm not asking for my money back. To be honest, I only bought the thing because I wanted to help someone bring another product out that people might like, and I figured I'd play around with it.

But, if people are spending their money, they have a right to get what they paid for. You repeatedly said this was an unfinished piece. To me, unfinished means plain, bare metal - not metal covered in scratches and gouges (on BOTH sides) that will have to be sanded flush before you can finish the product.

I'm not asking for a refund. But I do intend to show people the quality of the product I received from you.

Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I'm not asking for a refund. But I do intend to show people the quality of the product I received from you.

This is what I get in return for my efforts.

Be sure to also tell them about the 3 page thread full of details.

Years of selling top notch parts off my cars, extra care in packing items to prevent damage, giving people custom Fiero decals, and never doing a single person wrong buying or selling..... and the one time I go out of my way to offer something I created for myself I thought some Fiero owners would like to have, I get a bad rap for my efforts.

I'm not a Fiero Vendor, I am a Fiero Owner who said... "hey, I'm making this for my car, does anyone want one"

Like I mentioned above, if anyone is unhappy with the product, reguardless if it's with my design, or the company who manufactured it, I would be glad to give a refund. I don't know what you could possibly ask more of somebody.

I'm done.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 03-29-2005).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
don't wory about it, I only make stuff for myself now because people couldnt handle the fact that it would cost me $200 in just material to make $300 seat covers ($100 for labor, hog rings etc...). The import crowd actually spends a lot more and complains less...
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Yup, it must be our fault. Fiero owners will complain about anything. That's why you hear so many complaints about Paul McKibben, Rodney Dickman, and Darrel Morse. Maybe, just maybe, if you had posted a pic of what the product that we would receive looked like this wouldn't be an issue. Look, I'm not asking for my money back. To be honest, I only bought the thing because I wanted to help someone bring another product out that people might like, and I figured I'd play around with it.

But, if people are spending their money, they have a right to get what they paid for. You repeatedly said this was an unfinished piece. To me, unfinished means plain, bare metal - not metal covered in scratches and gouges (on BOTH sides) that will have to be sanded flush before you can finish the product.

Get over it, he said he would refund your money so either take the refund or shut up about it and be happy.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Get over it, he said he would refund your money so either take the refund or shut up about it and be happy.

FU.

This isn't about the money. Like I said, I never asked for a refund. I'm simply showing people the quality of the product I received. If you bought one and you're happy, then shut up and be happy.

When a SELLER sells a good part, people should hear about it. Likewise, when a SELLER sells a crappy part, people should hear about that too. If I had received a product that I was thrilled about, I would be sharing that opinion as well. Do you have a problem with that? If so, then that's YOUR problem, not mine. Deal with it.

Like Skybax, I'm done with this thread. I'm not here to argue. I posted the pic to show people what I received. People can read the entire thread, and everything that was said and all the pics that were posted and decide for themself if they're satisfied.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-29-2005).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

When a vendor sells a good part,

Thats the point, he is not a vender, just a person in the Fiero community trying to help others out. This is once again why more ppl dont help one another.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
not starting anything but might I wager that you used emachineshop.com? I've run into some quality control issues with them - they have even forgotten to drill major holes in parts I've ordered.. most likely they will be losing my business
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Thats the point, he is not a vender, just a person in the Fiero community trying to help others out. This is once again why more ppl dont help one another.

ven·dor - One that sells or vends.

But if it will make you happy, I'll go back and edit all of my posts to say "seller" instead of "vendor."

And as for Skybax's martyr complex feeling like he's being attacked for just trying to help the Fiero community out of the goodness of his heart, let me say this: I bought the thing to help him get enough sells to make sure this got made.

Again, all of this could have been avoided if a pic of the product AS SHIPPED was posted. I guess I'll have to blame myself for buying something from someone on here without seeing pics of it first. I had faith in a fellow Fiero owner. I won't make that mistake again.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-29-2005).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
I got my 5 today and grabbed my palm sander. I started with 320grit and then went to 400grit which soon became almost no grit. Did one in about 15 minutes. It looks great. Very happy with results. I started polishing one to high gloss and decided that is not what i am looking for. Thank's again
Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
Before I start, I know neither Formula88 or Skybax and have nothing against either member. That being said,

Formula88-

Gotta call BS on your behavior regaring this issue. Skybax goes out of his way to offer a design he made for himself, explains over and over that it is an unfinished problem and will require some work to mke it usable, goes out of his way to not only offer the design but get the work done and ship it out to other forum members, all for 20.00, and offers a full and unconditional refund if you are not hapy with the product, and rather than return the product you are dissatisfied with, you slam the guy for doing US a favor. I mean really, what DID you expect for 20.00? I received my plate three days go and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I expect that it will take some effort to make it presentable based upon the description Skybax gave.

I think you need to apologize for being completely unreasonable. I too have received items I thought were less than I expected. When that occurs I PM the vendor/seller to see if we can come to a reasonable arrangment to resolve the issue. If the vendor/seller is being unreasonable then I would consider posting my displesure in the forum as a warning to other customers. In this cae he offered you a complete and unconditional refund. What more do you want? Your continued, unwarranted complaining serves no purpose but to have a chilling efect on others from offering their products for sale. I am not trying to make an enemy of you Formula88, nor am I trying to pass judgment...I just think you need to look at your reaction and decide if you really consider it reasonable.

Skybax - don't let this one complaint discourage you from offering innovative ideas to the forum. You reputation has not suffered any real damage as a reult of one persons fairly unreasonable criticism of your product. Some of us need all the help we can get.

Just my opinion...feel free to ignore it, agree with it or tell me I am full of it....

PFF
System Bot
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Skybax,
Thanks for the plate, I got mine and I was pleased. Please do not be discouraged from offering things in the future. I don't have the ability to get things like this made and I rely on people like Darrel Morse, Rodney Dickman, and other consumer/users like you to keep my car together and make it nice. Again, please do not be discouraged; you did more than you had to - offering money back - unheard of!

Formula88,
I respectfully dissagree. If you don't like it, return it! That's what the return is being offered for. You don't refuse to call customer service and then badmouth a company for not resolving a problem. IMHO, you are being outrageous.

All,
I'd love to see what everyone else is doing with this. Maybe we can keep this thread going with pictures of how people hid the ugliness below the shifter. Please give me ideas. Again, thanks skybax for putting this together.

Tom

cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
Im sure looking forward to get mine over here :-)
cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
yes, I now got the two plates and thank you Skybax!!!

I think they looks great. Yes, they are raw material, as stated. But the important thing is the cutting and Im happy with it.
Got one polished pretty good with a dremel-type of tool and it was a quick job even though I didnt have
enough different polishers to get the final touch. I will post pictures as soon as i can, hopefully this evening.

------------------

http://www.fieroforum.tk

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2005 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
hey, where's those pictures?
cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
Im sorry, I'll try tonight, got caught up in engine bay repainting :-/
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tytehead:
I mean really, what DID you expect for 20.00?

A bare metal plate with maybe some surface scratches. All of this could have been avoided had he posted a pic of the plates "as delivered."
Were my expecatations too high? Perhaps, but all the posts in the thread did not lead me to believe the "unfinished" plate would require as much work as it does.

Originally posted by Tytehead:
I think you need to apologize for being completely unreasonable. I too have received items I thought were less than I expected. When that occurs I PM the vendor/seller to see if we can come to a reasonable arrangment to resolve the issue. If the vendor/seller is being unreasonable then I would consider posting my displesure in the forum as a warning to other customers. In this cae he offered you a complete and unconditional refund. What more do you want? Your continued, unwarranted complaining serves no purpose but to have a chilling efect on others from offering their products for sale. I am not trying to make an enemy of you Formula88, nor am I trying to pass judgment...I just think you need to look at your reaction and decide if you really consider it reasonable.

Skybax - don't let this one complaint discourage you from offering innovative ideas to the forum. You reputation has not suffered any real damage as a reult of one persons fairly unreasonable criticism of your product. Some of us need all the help we can get.

Just my opinion...feel free to ignore it, agree with it or tell me I am full of it....

I'm offering my opinion of a product. If you think my opinion is unreasonable, so be it.
I don't want anything from Skybax. As I said before, I primarily bought one to help him get the minimum needed for production. That's why I didn't ask for a refund - because I didn't want him to get stuck with the bill.

Guess that's being unreasonable, too, huh?

Now, for all of you who want to complain about me continuing to mention this... let the issue drop. If you want to keep calling me out about this, then expect the rants to continue ad nauseum. If you don't want to hear from me about this anymore, the shut the fark up about it.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 04-22-2005).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:
Formula88,
I respectfully dissagree. If you don't like it, return it! That's what the return is being offered for. You don't refuse to call customer service and then badmouth a company for not resolving a problem. IMHO, you are being outrageous.

I reserve the right to post my opinion of any product I purchase from a member here. Why is that outrageous?
I could ask for a refund, but like I've said (but apparently no one cares), I didn't want Skybax to get stuck with the bill.

And, IMHO, you haven't actually read the posts. I never said ANYTHING about Skybax's customer service. I was commenting on the quality of the product supplied by his vendor. But everyone only reads what they want to.

cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
Finally a picture om the two plates I got!
This product is something I wanted to do but didn't had the know-how to do it and for the price its a steal. This is not an asian mass-product and with that comes a little bit of work to get it just the way You want. Now, I worked about five minutes with the right one on the picture, the left one is in its original state. Not much effort for the result. I'll get myself over to K-Rauta and get some nice different sanding papers and the plate will be all shining. Lucky me :-)

[This message has been edited by cenneth (edited 04-25-2005).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Looks good. What did you use to sand it down?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 extras if anyone is interested $20.00 ea
PFF
System Bot
Skybax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post

grabbed my palm sander. I started with 320grit and then went to 400grit which soon became almost no grit. Did one in about 15 minutes. It looks great. Very happy with results.

I started polishing one to high gloss and decided that is not what i am looking for. Thank's again

This product is something I wanted to do but didn't had the know-how to do it and for the price its a steal. This is not an asian mass-product and with that comes a little bit of work to get it just the way You want.

Not much effort for the result. I'll get myself over to K-Rauta and get some nice different sanding papers and the plate will be all shining. Lucky me :-)

I think they looks great. Yes, they are raw material, as stated. But the important thing is the cutting and Im happy with it.

Thanks for the plate, I got mine and I was pleased. You did more than you had to - offering money back - unheard of! Again, thanks skybax for putting this together.

Skybax goes out of his way to offer a design he made for himself, explains over and over that it is an unfinished product and will require some work to make it usable, goes out of his way to not only offer the design but get the work done and ship it out to other forum members, all for 20.00, and offers a full and unconditional refund if you are not happy with the product

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 04-25-2005).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Belt sander and some 200 grit will do the job quick and put a grain in the metal.
I think the plates are fine for the money you asked for them.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Now, if I only had a belt sander.
Anyone had any decent results with block sanding?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Pick up a few of these.
Do not try to use a drill cuz it wont turn fast enough, you can try but I would use a diegrinder and turn down the air so it is not turning full speed.

Find the thickest one you can find.
You will be able to put a nice grain in the plate
I would use some double tape and stick it to a board so there is less chance of catching an edge.
Work the bad side first to get the hang of it then you can do the better side.
We used these all the time in the shop to put a grain on ss pipe that has been scratched.
HTH

I should not have to say this but I will. Wear safty glasses and a face shield if you have one.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2005 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Good suggestion. Thanks!
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
Anyone have any other ideas and/or pictures of what to do to hide the ugliness below the plate?

Formula88, I hope you can get them sanded down to your liking easily. I understand if you don't have access to power tools, it may be more difficult. Good luck.

SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdDirect Link to This Post

I didn't want Skybax to get stuck with the bill.

If ya wanna get rid of it... I'd probably buy it from you. Send me a PM if you're interested...
-Matt

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Anyone have any other ideas and/or pictures of what to do to hide the ugliness below the plate?

Black spandex with a hole for the shifter?

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Black spandex with a hole for the shifter?

I've heard of that, but not seen any pictures. Any other ideas/pictures?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock