Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Red River (Capital City) Ruckus !!!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Red River (Capital City) Ruckus !!!!! by revin
Started on: 08-06-2005 10:58 AM
Replies: 248
Last post by: MstangsBware on 10-09-2005 10:26 PM
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
That's right! It's time for the Red River Ruckus 4 (with a name twist...)

The Capital City Ruckus 4 !!

This year's event will happen in the beautiful town of Austin, TX
ALL STATES ARE WELCOME to come play! This will be one NOT to miss !
Mark your calendars for October 8th, 9th, (and even the 10th if desired)

This year will be huge! Prizes, Fun, Games, Salt Lick BBQ, Friends, Boating, did I mention the LONG hill country Drive??? (Gas up for this one ) Bring your hand held radios!!

After the ride we can show up in force at a local car "hang-out" for extra fun... THEN go have some ritas

Again this Year our "Special Guest" will be The Famous Blake and Jennifer Moore with their rendition of "cookies" should be a sell out again...
Maybe even a Special Appearance by the latest "TEXAS chop top ...huh.. JScott?"

The show n shine will be mainly just SHOW UP and shine. We have a big long day ahead of us!!!
Print out this Reg. form ASAP! and Send Check or MO to Heidi ( see bottom of registration page)

Since that Monday (10th) is a holiday( for some of y'all) maybe one more day in Austin??? We’ll see what y'all think...

We have a charity this year Austin Smiles so come on down and bring a smile with ya!

in conjuction with CFOGI
**** CFOGi Members ! remember your Reg. discount!!

Need more info??!?!?!?

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-12-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
2 questions-maybe more.

I see no mention of CFOGI. Has this stopped being associated with that organization??

Is entry fee dependant on the # of people in your party--or the # of Fieros you bring?--or both?

We're in either way.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
Boating.............

Tell me more.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35978 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I would pay more for a T shirt with a pocket....because I would use it more
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Originally posted by maryjane:

2 questions-maybe more.

I see no mention of CFOGI. Has this stopped being associated with that organization?? Opps my bad..Yes They are associated!

Is entry fee dependant on the # of people in your party--or the # of Fieros you bring?--or both? that will get you 1 shirt and goodie bag. extra shirts can be purchased just let Heidi know # of shirts!

Cliff,
Pocket shirts may not happen, we will consider that though......

Boating...is a tour boat, lake Austin sightseeing for those that want to go. I think $12 is the price!

Salt lick--- will be about $20 a little of everything (familly style) [b] You must Pay this, NOT included in Reg. price

The prices seem high but there may be some help involved to those that may not afford it. ( share a plate? ) They are pretty big

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-12-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Boating...is a tour boat, lake Austin sightseeing for those that want to go. included in the reg price!

Revin the tour boat Captain...this alone is worth the price of admission!!

Oh, and the chop top may or may not be out of the body shop by then. You might have to settle for the movie car

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-06-2005).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Anyone got a mae west I could borrow? I hear we're going for a ride on the "Austin Valdez".

Xackly where will the Show & Shine be held?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-06-2005).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
i believe the hotel parking lot. it should be easy to find

Bad news...no way in hell will I captian THIS boat! so I was told... ( way too big) yeah right

skyketch2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skyketch2Send a Private Message to skyketch2Direct Link to This Post
If more than one person per registration.......
... make sure to include the names of everyone coming with you so no one (adult or child) will miss out on their surprise!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2005 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Is that on IH 35 frontage rd just south of the Bastrop Hiway that goes by the airport?
Last time I went there, it was full of construction. Lookin fwd to it tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-06-2005).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I want to go to this, but am pretty broke now with the new house and all. Is there anyone willing to split a room with me Saturday night, or better yet, someone local that will let me sleep on their couch?

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Don that would be at the Southwest side I-35 and Ben White. They finished<? the overpass project. but yes there is still a bit of construction

Jazz, keep asking there is still plenty of time. I have already counted as a show up!

I KNOW one guy that HAS to be there! ( part of his probation ......I heard )

Always agreat time, with great stories, fun and wonderful memories with great people!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-07-2005).]

JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Count Galia and I in, for sure!

I am sending registration to Heidi NOW!

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I want to go to this, but am pretty broke now with the new house and all. Is there anyone willing to split a room with me Saturday night, or better yet, someone local that will let me sleep on their couch?

JazzMan

Jazz,

If you don't get a better offer we could put you up at our place by Canyon Lake (an hour south of Austin). A little inconvienent but it would be free. Right now it's just a large garage (2000 ft2) and a travel trailer. Three options for accomodations:

-Dinette in travel trailer converts to bed
-8' x10' tent with cot. We've got a small A/C for tent if necessary
-Office in garage

The garage has a full bath and three Fieros

Scott Anderson

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I shall be there, putting in vacation days at work incase I have to work that weekend. Looking forward to the show and the cruise back. Blake, Amber, Daniel, we need to get to planning the events for the road trip back.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Great timing. Friday, Oct. 7 is Galia's birthday. Austin will be a good place to celebrate!

Have us a neat get-together place -

Revin, Galia will bring the Stolichnaya!

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:
Revin, Galia will bring the Stolichnaya!

CRAP! I was hopping she would forget .....I guess I will bring a bucket

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 08-11-2005).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about this. Austin is pretty close to Sixth Street.
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
Daniel and I will be there with two Fieros this time (whether I drive ol' Orange or the GT is yet to be decided). And I'm working on convincing my dad, a new Fiero owner, to attend also.
We definetely need to set up a crazy tour for the way home, maybe we can pay $50 to see some trees then go on a hike to find a non-existant mine shaft?
Registration will be in the mail soon... I'm excited already.

-Amber

------------------

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
3 days posted and already a dozen + "Count me ins"? Gonna be a good one.
Who's next?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Dang it, that is my work week (I work a week then I have a week off). I will be working on getting my work weeks changed.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Hey Hey,

Sharon & I will be there. How could I miss all this Fiero fun...FRIENDS and Kevin too!

If you live anywhere near TEXAS, this will be the place to be in October.

C O O K I E S. Jennifer you need to be here, see what happens when you let him out by himself.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
I am determined to make it to this one with my V8 car And James if all else fails you might be able to stay with my friends and I, that is if you don't mind sleeping in a dorm with some crazy college idiots

Count me in--Nathan

------------------

Finally the carbed, camed, 350 is in the 88GT and deafening people on a regular basis.
Please E-mail me at Wicked88GT@yahoo.com

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Got a funny story. I call the hotel, La Quinta, Inn. to make Sharon & my reservation. The girl/lady/person couldn't find the Capitol City Ruckus room block. Why....because they have it under Capitol City Caucus. They thought we are a bunch of politicians rolling into Austin for a good time.

I assured her we would be a much better behaved group than them. Well maybe not!!!

Got to love it.

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
I thought politicians usually LEAVE Austin... they leave the entire state for that matter.

NO They seem to LIKE STAYING and having a "special" time

Mike, Did you change it? do I need to call? heh heh

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-09-2005).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Revin,

She said it was corrected, but you can check for sure.

Or just leave it alone, maybe we will get a fruit basket or something.

Mike

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Back to the Top for this one!!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
J&I will be there for certain... can't vouche for cookies though...
Jennifer says she only makes them for Rob White's shows!

Also, that pic Kevin posted is photoshopped.
Here is the original:

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blakeinspace:

J&I will be there for certain... can't vouche for cookies though...
Jennifer says she only makes them for Rob White's shows!

HMMMMMM, if I remember correctly, it was the Austin get together that started the cookie deliveries! Jenn passed them out to the waiting cars at the gas station while everyone topped off their tanks prior to the cruise. Of course, there was not "Ruckus" back then - just a get together in the local State Park outside of Austin.

She was nice enough to continue the traditon at the next AAFO Round up.

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Yes John is correct!
and WHY would I photoshop you by YOUR CAR?blake?????nice try....
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
bump
Emails sent to everyone in tx! so far! should be a huge turn out !!! Don't miss out!!

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there as well. Someone from the Valley has to represnt this leg of Texas. My brother might go as well with his Daytona Blue Fiero, but I don't know yet. I will send in my registration as soon as I can.

------------------
----------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
I didnt get a email Revin... or least, I did not get the email today I would like to have about the Ruckus..

Loyde

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

I didnt get a email Revin... or least, I did not get the email today I would like to have about the Ruckus..

Loyde

I didnt either Kevin, am I not invited to the show or do I just not count? Either way I will be there for the show, probally be down there early.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Also, that pic Kevin posted is photoshopped.
Here is the original:

Yep. We can just make out Blake sitting in the passenger side of the patrol car--in the BACK SEAT.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-11-2005).]

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
All the email was, a link to this thread. no big deal.
Us "regulars" that are ALWAYS on here ( like you two) will visit the thread.( which you have ) and get the info ! The email was to all in Tx on the PFF list.

See I know how ya'll are.....

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-11-2005).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

The email was to all in Tx on the PFF list.

I am going to put the over/under of bounced emails at 47.

I say over. How'd I do?

Kevin, mind calling me this weekend? Maybe I can do something like you did and give a heads up to the Okies?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock