Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The dream is over... Sad news from NY (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The dream is over... Sad news from NY by RCR
Started on: 12-13-2004 07:17 PM
Replies: 73
Last post by: I wear pants on 10-18-2005 11:27 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Better days in the limelight. Man, he's gonna be missed.

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Man that car is just a gorgeous piece of work !

At Daytona he had a big carboard layout with pictures of the car at different stages as it was built, that was incredible. Gave you a better appreciation of all the hardwork that went into the car. I wish he could have posted it as a build diary before he left us. Still hard to believe he is gone.

Somebody in the fiero world with the funds please preserve this car !! Actually i may be getting ahead of myself, who knows,.... his family may not want to sell the car knowing how much it meant to him.

I just hope the car is reproduced so it does not become a lost legacy. That would gaurantee Alex would not be forgotten.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-14-2004).]

LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
This is definitely a tragedy, my prayers go out to his family.
James
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Better days in the limelight. Man, he's gonna be missed.

EDIT: Click here for the hi-res version

http://www.myfiero.com/plazma/nightplazma021.jpg

Curley, Ironically both pictures you posted were originally posted by me. That's how I came to know Alex. I spent a couple of hours photoshopping the background out of that picture at Daytona and Alex was kind enough to send me incredibly detailed and nice pictures of the Plazma so I wouldn't have to do that again. I have downsized a few of them and posted,

The originals have been posted to the PLAZMA website: www.myfiero.com/plazma

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-18-2004).]

Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
When I saw the title of this thread, I got a sinking feeling and knew it had to do with Plasma Man. I am glad to read that he wasn't murdered, but his death is still stragic and a shock to our Fiero Community. I have always said that the Pirahna/Plasma/Laura was the best looking Fiero kit ever, and would make it as a current sports car.

Rest In Peace. *depressed*

- Flamberge

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Very sad. My prayers and condolences go out to his family. May he rest in peace.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
This is so terrible and such a loss. What a very nice and brilliant genteman he was
I have both Alex and the other gentleman on digital video when I interviewed them in front of the Plazma last year.
At least I have him on that in case there is not much other video of him out there.

This is very sad news. My prayers go out to his family.

Steve

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

This is so terrible and such a loss. What a very nice and brilliant genteman he was
I have both Alex and the other gentleman on digital video when I interviewed them in front of the Plazma last year.
At least I have him on that in case there is not much other video of him out there.

This is very sad news. My prayers go out to his family.

Steve

Wheres the video..??

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Wheres the video..??

It's sitting on a dv tape at my house. It's probably 15 or 20 minutes long if I remember correctly.
If you would like a copy if you were willing to pay for a blank tape and for the shipping to send it I can make a copy for you
Just PM me if interested.

Steve

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

It's sitting on a dv tape at my house. It's probably 15 or 20 minutes long if I remember correctly.
If you would like a copy if you were willing to pay for a blank tape and for the shipping to send it I can make a copy for you
Just PM me if interested.

Steve

why don't you post the video so we all can see it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Alex's car was featured in a mag recently. I hope all of you got a copy of it?

Calling REALITY: Please make us a modified screen saver pic.
Thank you. Curley. (depressed like hell right now)

PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
OMG,

I do not know what to say. He was such a talented and wonderful man.
I do hope they have made contact with his family by now. I only hope they are all ok.
Has anyone tried to reach them from here yet?

I cannot offer them anything but my condolances, but they have that.

Peace be with you Alex, you will be sorely missed amongst us all.

Randy

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Im deeply saddened to hear of this. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family. It was an honer for me to have met this man in Daytona and to get a drooling look at the plazma. Like most, I filled my digital with pics. He will be missed. God Bless. John
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
What a disasterous ending for anyone. My thoughts are with this family.

Loyde

Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushDirect Link to This Post
Wow, i dont know what to say that hasn't already been said. Does his family ever read the board? If so i hope they know that he was VERY respected and admired here. He will be missed.
I followed the plazma from the original red one and dreamed for years for one to come out. Now I hope it makes it even more. He built this car with supporting his family in mind. To alex's familly dont let it die. I will buy a kit from you weather i still have a fiero or not. DO NOT EVER SELL the original. If you need donations or help with storage, or partts for maintenance let me know I will find something for you.
I know it's not much but I would hate for a man to work on something so hard for years, sacrificing to build something and it not come to fruit. I know his wife and child had to sacrifice as well. I wish you luck in life.
Jonathan Bacciani
415-571-7380
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

why don't you post the video so we all can see it.

For two reasons. One, it is still only on the original dv tape and has not been converted into a computer and into any kind of a viewable movie file that could then be posted. Second, being that the footage is at least 20 minutes long would create a massive sized file (even a small sized viewable image window) which would be prohibitive to try and send thru e-mail to anyone, and since I couldn't find anyone who could host/post even a 5 mb file awhile back I highly doubt anyone could get one that would be as big as this one would be up posted anywhere
I would be willing to make a copy of it on another dv tape and then send that copy to someone who could actually host it for all to see
Anyone who can actually do this and is interested please PM me and we can work out the details.

Steve

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
RIP

A fiero that well done up took godlike skills. He will not be forgot by this forum, ever!

isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Our prayers go out to his family.

What a shame..

jscott1

If someone has webspace to donate I could post the originals.

I can set up something for you. pm me.

Jason

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

5398 posts
Member since May 2001

For two reasons. One, it is still only on the original dv tape and has not been converted into a computer and into any kind of a viewable movie file that could then be posted. Second, being that the footage is at least 20 minutes long would create a massive sized file (even a small sized viewable image window) which would be prohibitive to try and send thru e-mail to anyone, and since I couldn't find anyone who could host/post even a 5 mb file awhile back I highly doubt anyone could get one that would be as big as this one would be up posted anywhere
I would be willing to make a copy of it on another dv tape and then send that copy to someone who could actually host it for all to see
Anyone who can actually do this and is interested please PM me and we can work out the details.

Steve

I can provide hosting for this. Pm me. I also can take the movie you send and convert it to something smaller for everyone. I can even convert it to flash for ease of use.

I would love to see this video as well.
Jason

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
TTT

** I emailed this the address in his profile to let the family know about this thread, still waiting for a response. Will let you know if I hear anything.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

I can provide hosting for this. Pm me. I also can take the movie you send and convert it to something smaller for everyone. I can even convert it to flash for ease of use.

I would love to see this video as well.
Jason

You have a PM

PFF
System Bot
Roland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RolandSend a Private Message to RolandDirect Link to This Post
Women driving SUV's are the plague of the earth, i hate them all

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I put this page up listing all the photos I had collected of Alex & the Plazma from the origional thread. If anyone else wants to add some, please email them to me at that email address listed there. (any size or amount)

http://www.myfiero.com/plazma/

yosemitefieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yosemitefierosSend a Private Message to yosemitefierosDirect Link to This Post
"...I believe he should have been charged with vehicular manslaughter."

The driver will be investigated for a charge of homicide. As for criminal counts, the investigation wil include a check on any drug/alcohol influence, negligence, and if there were any traffic violations that occurred by either person involved. If the SUV driver is found to be in ANY violation of traffic laws, or gross negligence, that person will be charged with vehicular manslaughter, minimum.

Gary

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post

I sent an email of the pictures we took while at the Fiero's at Carlisle Show this year.

Let me know if you get them!

Lori

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
. I have downsized a few of them and posted, but the originals were several megabytes a piece. If someone has webspace to donate I could post the originals.

I just emailed two originals...actually they were only about 800K apiece but they are much larger than 640x480

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys/gal

New images have been added

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 12-18-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Thanks for doing this, you have received a new shiney "+" from me.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
A close friend of mine was almost killed over the summer because an SUV made an illegal turn in front of him. He broadsided him and flew almost 30 feet away and landed in the middle of an extremely busy street. The driver didn't even try to get him out of harms way, he was more worried about the damage to his H2. Luckily he managed to crawl out of the street before he was run over.

When I was living in Florida I wanted a bike so bad but the way people drive out there it's just not worth it. RIP Mr Koulygine, aka plazma guy.

[This message has been edited by Black88GT (edited 12-18-2004).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Any progress on getting the video posted? If you still need someone to host it let me know.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Any progress on getting the video posted? If you still need someone to host it let me know.

He said he is not able to work with DV video so I am making and sending him a copy on VHS.
Took me a bit to find the specific DV tapes as I had moved awhile back.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

As Daytona fast approaches (March) it makes me sad to think Alex and his car will not be there.

Thourghly enjoyed the car at the show last year, and was looking forward to seeing it again this go round.

Any updated news from the family ??

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Bump
I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the video?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock