Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Build-Up start to finish thread (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Build-Up start to finish thread by Black-Azz-GT
Started on: 04-16-2004 08:52 AM
Replies: 108
Last post by: exoticse on 08-14-2005 09:07 PM
Black-Azz-GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Cool,

Pm me your cell and i will call you early next week to set something up. What kind of mods are you contemplating ?

Body mods (vents, scoops, etc) ?

You have a PM. I am planning a Closed mouth chin spoiler and imsa scoops.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

IP: Logged
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Originally posted by BlueGT:

It's looking good! Keep up the good work. How hard was it to install the poly bushings?

I had them done but, it's no easey chore.

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

You cant say that without posting a pic.

You're right! I don't have a pic of the thing complete yet, maybe my sig helps?

------------------
John DuRette
Black 85 SE, undergoing work as we speak!
Battery re-located up front using a V8 Archie box
Remote Start/Window Rollup/Lock/Trunk Release/Alarm
White Gauge Faces w/120 MPH Speedometer Conversion
Hidden Antenna
Urethane Suspension Bushings
Sequential Tallights
Custom Painted Dash Panels
Oreif's painted door tabs and horn button
Shortened Automatic Shifter w/Beretta shiftknob
SpyHunter Intake Scoop
H4 Headlight Conversion - done right!
LED Third Brake Light/Custom Headliner
Thunderbird Turbo hood scoops
Braided Steel Brake Hoses
Lowered an inch
Getting a GT body

Still not on the road, and another Fiero on the horizon!

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2004 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Just updating this thread with my newest mod.

Sprint Headers. Will be installed after some cleaning and polishing.

------------------
-Chris

Custom Gun Metal 86 GT
Look here for more pics - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/040573.html

***95 Camaro 3.4 swap, Ported and polished heads and intakes, Ported plenium, 57mm Throttle body, Sprint Headers, CRX CAI, Custom Cam, AFP Regulator, steel vacuum lines, steel braided EGR tube, new Wire Harness, New Exhaust, No Cat, Flowmaster, polished poly dog bone. Isuzu 5 speed, Short through shifter
***Intrax 2" drop springs, Full Polly Suspension, Sencetrack Struts and Shocks, Grand AM brake upgrade, steel braided brake lines, 17" Gun Metal Wheels, Khumo Tires
***Racing Seats, SunPro tach w/ shift light, White face guages, carbon fiber Steering wheel, Carbon Fiber dash accents and custom sphere shift knob,

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Here is another up date.

headers installed

If you are interested in installing these headers yourself and want to read my right up, look here. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/041522.html

Also reseaved some product from Darrell Morse.

I am very impressed with this product. Darrell does great work and I would recomend hiom to anyone.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Yesterday, when I got home I painted the parts from Darrell as well as some spare Valve covers I had and then begune to tare the motor down and install them.
Here are the pics. I am using Chevrolet blue.

Here is a pic of the engine torn down to the lower intake manifold.

And here is one mostly assembled. Still needs the TB witch is painted shiny alluminum Silver. I did thsi work in about 2 1/2 hours.

I am aslso going to paint other odd and ends to spice up the engine compartment. Look for this thread as I will update it when the install is compleate

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
BTW - if you look closely at this pic you can see the port work of the lowe manifold.

I should have took better pics but I was working like a mad man.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

I am planning a Closed mouth chin spoiler and imsa scoops.

First the color now this!!! Trying to be like me huh???

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I was hoping you wouldnt notice. You dont have the imsa scoops though.
ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Can You Pm With Close Up Pics Of Your Tail Light After The Carbon Fiber Update

------------------
Zero C's 86 Gt Fastback
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Mods Include :Crx Cold Air Intake, Pontiacsound Box, Mustang Hood Scoop
Zeros Home Page
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZeroC:

Can You Pm With Close Up Pics Of Your Tail Light After The Carbon Fiber Update

I'll take a pic tomorrow in the day light.

Meanwhile, I finished the Intake and TB install.

PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2004 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Her come some more Updates to my Build up. I have been slacking.

Engine. Notice I got some nice 8mm splitfire wires to match the Engine. Also a Fuel pressure guage to help tune this thing. (and because I think it looks cool.)

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
New shoes. 17x7 1/2 with 235-40 rear and 215-40 front. The step up on the front from 205's is great. Feels better and looks much, much better.

The big polished lip also makes them look bigger.

This also called for a new Sig. Maybe one day some one will make my one of those pimp sigs like ski and kameo have.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update.

This 4.9 V8 will be cleaned up and sitting in the back of my car, very soon.

------------------
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 PURCHASED

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"

zelemont

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zelemontClick Here to visit zelemont's HomePageSend a Private Message to zelemontDirect Link to This Post
VERY, VERY, VERY NICE!!!!!!!! You obviously have style! That is beautiful.
zelemont

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zelemontClick Here to visit zelemont's HomePageSend a Private Message to zelemontDirect Link to This Post

zelemont

54 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Oh yeah i was too excited about how GORGEOUS this fiero is to compliment you on all the great engine work... Personally I'm not too smart (AKA utterly clueless) with engines, but I can tell you know your stuff. Engine looks amazing too... love the paint & polish. Can't wait to see the 4.9 in there.... even though the 3.4 is GREAT as it is.
zelemont

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zelemontClick Here to visit zelemont's HomePageSend a Private Message to zelemontDirect Link to This Post

zelemont

54 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Oh yeah i was too excited about how GORGEOUS this fiero is to compliment you on all the great engine work... Personally I'm not too smart (AKA utterly clueless) with engines, but I can tell you know your stuff. Engine looks amazing too... love the paint & polish. Can't wait to see the 4.9 in there.... even though the 3.4 is GREAT as it is.
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
looking good...gonna have to get some big ol' brakes to stop that beast

keep up the great work! good luck on your 4.9 install

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
(Same thing you probably looked at in the 4.9 thread.)

After a nice power cleaning. Removed things I dont want, like, cruise & PS and other usless junk. Added some new gaskets and a new water pump and custom fabricating.

And this will dress up the top of the engine. (Just one of my secrets going into this swap.)

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
As you said, this calls for a new sig:

This one is okay I guess but if you want one that looks really nice, take some picstues with similar sunlight as this one and try experimenting with some interesting angles. The pics you posted are nice, but they are all straight on, or profile... go crazy and tilt the camera or get on one knee and stuff. Post some if you get the chance and I'll make the sig even better Hope this is good enough for now.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

As you said, this calls for a new sig:

This one is okay I guess but if you want one that looks really nice, take some picstues with similar sunlight as this one and try experimenting with some interesting angles. The pics you posted are nice, but they are all straight on, or profile... go crazy and tilt the camera or get on one knee and stuff. Post some if you get the chance and I'll make the sig even better Hope this is good enough for now.

That looks cool. I would take some more pics but my car is about 100 miles away getting a V8 installed.
When I get it back in a few weeks, I'll do just what youa asked. Let me look. I might have a few of what you asked for.

------------------
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 PURCHASED

PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Just another picture update.

Ready to go on the cradle and in to the car.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
thats purdy

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

motoboy171

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoboy171Send a Private Message to motoboy171Direct Link to This Post
Looks great so far. Keep up the good work. Are you going to be buying the mounts and doing the wiring yourself? This seems like the area of the swap that everyone does a little different.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2004 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Too bad you're gonna have to lose that 3.4 badging..... or will you leave it on to fool people???!

Seriously sweet car, I usually don't like gunmetal rims, but the whole setup of your car is just so beautiful. Can't wait for the 8!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

You have a PM. I am planning a Closed mouth chin spoiler and imsa scoops.

and... WB fender's...

Great build thread!!

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Drop something?

We are further along than this. Pics will be comming soon.

------------------
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Any updates? is the 4.9 in? I never did see hear if you got it in or not

James

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2004 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
The engine has been in the car for awhile now and is coming along fine we decided to enhance the performance of the 4.9 and has made some changes that is making the swap taking a little longer than usual but it will be worth the extra time spent doing so .It will be completed in the next week or two given the final tuning and then handed over to Black Azz for him to start to terrorize the Porsches in the Fla Keys and around.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

I love how clean this looks. One thing I am definitly going to do to my car is take apart the brakes and suspension, sand blast everything and re paint it. I like how you painted the outter part of the rotors to get rid of the ugly rust ring. I may be doing bubbajoe's 12" brake upgrade, so having a nice clean setup is a definite +

Good looking car man, what are you going to do with the 3.4 badges? Looking to sell?

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic

PFF
System Bot
rubyredfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Most ppl are happy to get their Fiero running good and keep it that way. But you are always improving on your previous project, which helps and inspires other owners. I know I am. It is always good knowledge to read other ppl's project. Keep up the good work. A+ is deserved and awarded.
YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
Lookin Good and Baaaadddd! Keep us posted.
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks every one for all the wonderfull comments. Like MTA said, the motor has been in for a while now but at the last minute, I decided to make a call to Sumitt Racing and place a big fat order to even further enhance the performance of this engine swap. As most know or may have figured out, I have converted the 4.9 to a Carborated setup.

I am using a 500cfm Holley, Highly polished for visual appeal. Electric choke kit. Mounted to a custom Intake manifold capable of flowing 1000cfm. Custom built Distributor with advance recurve kit that will allow this motor to rev quicker and higher. Lower rate fuel pump, and a polished adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Exhaust will be a true 2 1/2" dual exhaust with 2 chambered tube mufflers. I hope this answers some questions on why the finished product has not been shown.

If anyone is interested in seeing my car finished and how it performs. Come on down to the "cruise to the Keys on October 22".

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Black-Azz-GT

2326 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Battery relocated to the front compartment.

Here is a top shot of the engine. With the Carb mounted.

This is not a new pic. Engine will be cleaned up and dressed to impress.

The carb has been wired and plumed. Yesterday at the junk yard I got lucky, and picked up a nice Valve cover that looks new. They will go on last to avoid scrathing and chipping.

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
Hey, freakin beautiful!!!!!! How easy is that carb to adapt? what part #'s, if you dont mind? I have a 4.5 tbi and figure a carb is just as good and much easier. Could you give me a complete list with part #'s so that I can join you in v8 caddy place in the clouds? I have been checkin the jegs cat and all I found was a holley 500cfm 2 bbl. What all does it take to bolt up? I hope you can help me out, AND I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where do u live
Thanks
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump to keep out of archives. More pics coming soon.
Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
Hey man i really like your old rims .. i was wonder what are the specs of them like size .. and brand .. i really like them and cost and that .. would love to know .. thanks man and nice build up .. i can't wait to get my build up .. but that will take a few years lol and keep the pics coming .. and heres a pic of the rims i ment

Thanks man ..
Matt

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carswell...Wellscar:

Hey man i really like your old rims .. i was wonder what are the specs of them like size .. and brand .. i really like them and cost and that .. would love to know .. thanks man and nice build up .. i can't wait to get my build up .. but that will take a few years lol and keep the pics coming .. and heres a pic of the rims i ment

Thanks man ..
Matt

Thanks for the complements. Those wheels have been the center of discussion quite a few times. I'm sorry to tell you though that they are discontinued. They are excell Art, 17x7.

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!!!!!!!!

Soon I'll be able to rate and give you a + for an awesome thread about awesome car...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock