Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Build a Fuel Injected ZZ3 V8 with me. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Build a Fuel Injected ZZ3 V8 with me. by KissMySSFiero
Started on: 03-28-2004 07:52 PM
Replies: 114
Last post by: KissMySSFiero on 07-25-2005 11:21 AM
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have'nt worked on the car for months. I have a few others to get to first. But I did get some cool new stuff and thought I'd bump it before I get stuck in the archives.

My coils came yesterday. The plug wires are 12" long. I also got some nice platinum plugs. From what I've read, these coils need platinums. Plus they came with the coils, as well as the wires. I'll be mounting the coils on the firewall and trunk wall. I have to add a cam sensor for the Edist. I'm going to try to do that inside the distributer first. If that works and looks okay, along with fitting under the throttle body, I'll keep it. Otherwise I'll be buying some pricey things from MSD. They sell a distributer plug that has a cam signal, and then add a crank trigger. Then you'll only see the polished dist. plug under the TB.

IP: Logged
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get those goodies there Joe? Also how much did they set you back?

------------------

GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
bump...
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
So, just how TALL is that intake?

If that fits, maybe I can get a Vic Jr. under the lid!

John

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2005 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I haven't worked on this for a while. I had another project over the winter, and Now I'm in the midst of my marathon training. I'll be working on this more in the next month or so. Let's hope anyways.

As far as height, its tall. I want to say 10.5" above the block. I will have to cut the decklid to fit this thing.

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
about time for an update. I've been away from this forum for a while. But I was busy this weekend. I had a change of plans on the body work. I'm moving soon and dont want to paint the car for the time being. I'll wait til I get settled in and have another car. So I just primered the car. The look is growing on my fast. Gives it more of a sleeper look Plus I can beat the piss out of the car and not worry about scratching the paint.

I didn't do anything to the deck yet, so I can't close it with the top intake attached.

you can see how tall this intake is.

With a little trimming, I can keep the hinge.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
The primered look is always pretty cool - definitely a classic hot rod style, or now something I'd relate to an Exile Cycle You should shoot the wheels black while you're at it too!
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

The primered look is always pretty cool - definitely a classic hot rod style, or now something I'd relate to an Exile Cycle You should shoot the wheels black while you're at it too!

if anyone would like the primered look, it would have to be you, rob.

btw, I knwo the front needs to be lowered, I'll be doing that when I install the big brakes. The rear tires are just sitting there. No suspension yet. I have to weld a few brackets on the cradle first. Its sitting on the jack. I could make it any height I want.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 05-31-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

if anyone would like the primered look, it would have to be you, rob.

LOL - you bet!

Project GreenGT aside though, a few years back I bought an '88 T-Top coupe from Songman (while he was still in TN) that was all primer and had black GT wheels... even though it was rough all the way around - it got a lot of positive attention wherever I took it!

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
just a little more update on my car. new interior.

I re-carpeted the car, door panels and installed my Mr Mikes seats. I also swapped the steering wheel.

I had an old torn up floor mat and extra carpet. It was a nice template, and using the old floormat under the new carpet gives it some thickness so it wont bunch up. Cost, 2 bucks worth of carpet and a little spray glue left from the seats.
before

after

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Next I installed a new steering wheel. I've seen this done many times at show, but didn't want to drop $50 for a steering wheel and buy a junk fiero steering wheel hub. Alas, I found a steering wheel for about $15 from blackazzgt and used a hub from a parts car. Total cost, $15. It took me about 30 minutes, I could do it in 10 next time(dont ask, I wont do yours) Nice Hurst shifter.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 06-08-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Next was the carpet. i was going to pay $150 for molded carpets online. But I'm cheap. So I picked up 3 rolls of black carpet at wal-mart for $8 each. I had enough to do each floor. One roll each. and the third roll covered the door panels and the floor mat. I have enough left to do a passenger floor mat.
I definetly need to paint the seat rails when I pull the seats again, yuck.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 06-08-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Here's what the seat looks like. I didn't get pics of them installed, it went dark on me.

next I'll pull the dash, shift surround, misc. trim pieces and guages and paint them black. The factory charcoal doesn't look right with black carpets.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I got a little done recently. Interior is complete. I recovered the back panel in black vinyl. The guage pods, radio and shift surrounds, and all hard plastic trim was painted black. Dash will be done after the engine is running. I know of an electrical gremlin in the car that is under the dash and dont want to pull it until I have power to the car to search out my problem. I have a short to ground thats keeping my interior lights on, or at least I did when I pulled the engine originally.
Finished interior pics.

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
I also changed the fuel pump. I figured the original had done its job and was due for some relief.
This is the only pic that came out for some reason.
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
I'm just about done with the exhaust. I used all mandrel bent, 2.5Inch pipe. I've completed up the the crossover in the trunk area. I removed my trunk for more space. I have both banks merging into a 3 inch pipe and going into a Flowtech afterburner muffler. Its a 3" inlet, duel 2.5" outlets
I'll have more pics of the exhaust later in the week.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 06-14-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Got wires?

I'm tackling the wiring slowly. I wanted to do it this weekend, but I left the schematics for the TPI engine at work. I had plenty else to do, so I didn't bother with looking them up online.

Friday I painted my rotors. I'm doing 12" corvette rotors. How does blue look?

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Friday I painted my rotors. I'm doing 12" corvette rotors. How does blue look?

The blue looks OK but i don't think it'll last long on the actual friction surface

------------------
"but when equipped with NOS, sometimes I feel invincible..."
"but when I race from a roll it's hard to hit 2nd"

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
It will he is going to use soft pads! haha
If your a V-8 in a Fiero fan you need to see this motor in the car with the intake he's using....just says "MEAN"!!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
another little update. Wiring is done, I'm waiting on my MEMCAL. It's in the hands of UPS at the moment. Darth Fiero will be doing the tuning. I'm not ready to make the leap into doing my own tuning yet. Maybe after I start to feel the car is too slow and want more power. This intake is screaming for some AFR heads and a much bigger cam(like a zz4 cam is small @ .474/.510 lift)

Here's the updates.
Started with this.

Ended something like this.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

I have the engine in the car now to test fit the harness better. The wires are pretty well hidden and the harness is a plug and play just like the factory harness. I took way too long on the harness, but I learned a lot. I could make a similar harness in just a few hours next time. But I basically disassembled the harness and put it back together the way I wanted it, cutting and lengthening wires as needed. I have about 10-12 hours into it this time. I made the harness from several stock harness's I had laying around. Fortunetly, the stock v6 and TPI v8 are very similar.
Now is it done right? No clue yet, I'm not ready to start it.

PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
This is how I am running the exhaust. This is 2.5" mandrel bends. Into a 3" collector. Using 2.5" mandrel bends takes quite a bit of real estate. This is where I ended on this pic. Once in the car, I'll fit the 3" mandel 180* turn into my muffler, then duel 2.5" out to the tips. I lost my trunk anyways, so I used the space. I will run duel outlets closer to the center when I paint the car. Sort of like a BMW M3(I think thats the model) Not centered, but not wide. I have to lose the trunk for this.
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

The suspension is all back together(as seen in the pics above) I have to weld in the O2 sensor bung. Install the struts and brakes and I'll be ready to fire her up. Up front I'll be installing lowering springs and the big brakes as well. I was hoping to finish for the Auburn show, but I wont make it. I'll be out of town all day saturday instead of heading to the show. And my MEMCAL is still en route.

after the car is running and I feel comfortable with the way it feels, I'll be installing the LS1 coils and reversing the intake. I have the cam sensor I want to use. I'll need to install it in the existing distributer. Its looks fairly simple to install, but It has to be in the right place. being that this is a used motor, I feel more comfortable getting things running first before I start tinkering with it. Goal is to have the LS1 coils running and intake done for FieroRama.

btw, the leather seats are great to sit on while doing the interior wiring, I hope they're just as nice while driving.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely!

I could make a similar harness in just a few hours next time.

Is that an offer?

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

...This intake is screaming for some AFR heads and a much bigger cam(like a zz4 cam is small @ .474/.510 lift)

What cam are you using? Please don't tell me you are using a stock cam with that intake. If you are using anything less than what you posted above you will be missing a lot of fun.

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

What cam are you using? Please don't tell me you are using a stock cam with that intake. If you are using anything less than what you posted above you will be missing a lot of fun.

I'm using the zz4 cam. Shoulda put a in there. THis is my engine's spec. This intake should work well. The only difference between a zz3, and zz4 is the Compression ratio and the intake. Compression for a zz4 is 10.0 to 1, CR for a zz3 is 9.8 to 1.
High Output 350 (ZZ3)

• Displacement: 350 cubic inches (5.7L)
  • Horsepower: 345 at 5200 rpm
  • Torque: 387 lb-ft at 3250 rpm
  • Max RPM: 5800
  • Compression ratio: 9.8:1
  • Bore & Stroke: 4.00" x 3.48"
  • Pistons: Cast hypereutectic aluminum
  • Rods: 1053 forged steel "pink"
  • Heads: Cast aluminum, angled plugs, 58cc
  • Head specs: 1.94"/1.50"
  • Camshaft: Hydraulic roller tappet
  • Cam specs: 208/221 .474"/.510" 308/316 (advertised)
  • Idle: 750 rpm

If I can get things running comfortably, I might take it to the track on the 9th. The local F-body club is having a closed track day then. Limited cars and unlimited runs. But that's pushing it. I'd need a few hundred miles on it by then. And my memcal is still non existant. GMPartsdirect shows it as special ordered. I was hoping to have it this week. Oh well.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
With that cam, the stealth ram and a very good tune I bet you will see between 255-270rwhp and 315-330rwtq. That intake is great for HP above 4500rpm but torque will be less below that compared to a TPI for example. The engine HP/TQ you are quoting are for carbed setups. My cam is pretty much like yours (.488/.510) and got 236/343rw with 10:1. If you still haven't bought the cam I would go with the HOT cam (.525/.525) which should wake up that intake more all the way to 6500rpm and may take you to 300+rwhp

PS: Just wanted to add that there is a lot of info on similar setups at thirgen.org. Good source for mod info for what works and what does not. Here is a similar setup dyno; http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208510&highlight=ZZ4+dyno

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 06-30-2005).]

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
kiss you have a PM

Matt

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to put some heat shields around that exhaust system. It looks perilously close tothe CV boot of the axle and to the AC compressor for comfort. Otherwise, looking good.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2005 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Joe sent you a PM....
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well my chip from Darth Fiero came yesterday. So I put it in and attempted to start the car. No such luck. Just cranked. So I put my remote starter bypass on(a trigger start the car from the engine bay) and gave a quick spray of ether. Fired up just fine, but stalled. I have about 55psi(adjustable) at the fuel rail, so I assume the injectors are clogged. So I keep trying, I can only get a few seconds of run and a stall. So I shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes while I look things over.

Duh, I forgot to plug the map sensor in. Try again. Boom. Fires up and Idles right down. But I'm arcin and sparkin. Woops, I forgot to put one of the plug wires on the dizzy. Its jumping a spark to the intake manifold. But it ran great on 7 cylinders.

When I installed the top plenum, I removed one of the plug wires from the dizzy for eaze of installation. Forgot to put it back on. Now its back on and NO fire. wtf. Well, I'm cranking with the trigger in the engine bay and forgot to turn the ignition on. Doh!!! # 3 Ignition on and BOOM BOOOM BOOM.

Thats a conrolled boom in the order of 18436572.

ITS ALIVE. I should start putting the miles on this weekend. After that you wont be hearing from me for a while. I'll be out cruising. I'm sure I'll have some things to work out before I put her on the road, but the hard part is over.

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Sweet, who needs plug wires anyway?

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
301rwhp/345rwtq

Next Mod: Not sure yet

PFF
System Bot
DanGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanGTSend a Private Message to DanGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the build thread. Looks great!
Does that stealth ram turn around like that with no modifications? Is there any external modification needed to the decklid or just under it? Does the distributor fit under that throttle body?
Good luck with your test drives.

------------------
86 GT

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Sweet, who needs plug wires anyway?

bah, plugs wires are overrated.

Originally posted by DanGT:

Thanks for the build thread. Looks great!
Does that stealth ram turn around like that with no modifications? Is there any external modification needed to the decklid or just under it? Does the distributor fit under that throttle body?
Good luck with your test drives.

It will not fit under a notchback decklid without cutting. It's too tall.
The stealth ram bolts right up either way. But the distributer is in the way. I'll be running without the dizzy, for spark distribution, using 8 coils from an ls1 and an Edist module. The Edist will point where the spark needs to go. I have to add a cam sensor. to tell the Edist where to fire. I'm using the factory ignition module and pickup coil for crank signal and timing control. I know of at least one other person running the Edist with the factory ECM. I hope it works.

I did get to drive my car for the first time in almost two years last night. Its much quicker now, and I didn't go over 3k rpm's. I was just turning the car around in the garage, and decided to make a big loop to turn around. I took it down the street and back.

I only have a few things left to do before I can start putting on the miles.

• set the timing
  • Hook up the electric fan so it is controled by the ECM
  • Hook up the speedo to the ECM, this is also for the cruise control
  • Hook up the wires to control the AC, then charge the AC.
  • get an allignment. It pulls hard while under throttle, in a straight line and to the left.
  • get some ear plugs, this bastard is LOUD! I may install a catcon to tone it down a bit. Timing may also help at Idle.
  • do something about an air cleaner. I have a TB mounted one for now though.

Anyone want to host a video? I have the startup recorded. This has a nice lopey Idle. Neighbors are gonna love this one when I leave at 7am(note sarcasm)

So far I only have one engine code. Its a code 54. Fuel pump circuit low voltage. From what I've read, its a possible bad relay, ECM, fuel pump, or wiring. Lucky me. Fuel pump is new at least. And I have good fuel pressure and it seems to run fine for the timing being off. I haven't had much time to work on it. Tomorrow I'll finish most of everything. Hopefully I can get it alligned this weekend so I can start driving more than down the street.

More to come on monday..

KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
well, I thought I'd hand over the reigns to someone else for a few miles on saturday. So I let my gf drive. I take the car around the local airport. There's some nice roads back there and very little, if NO traffic. Its all industrial and it was saturday.

I demonstrate a few things like the 0-80 and back to 0. then hand her the keys. She was hesitant to drive anyways. So I'm expecting her to cruise around the corners and give it back. NOPE. She doesn't hesitate. Bam. Here we going 90 in a 30 on a half mile straight away. All I was thinking is, damn, I'm not getting my car back. Then she's on the brakes, Does a u turn and back at it again. Then around the airport at about 75. Then it gets better. This girl doesn't turn her radio off, EVER. She love music. So she slows down, turns the radio off so She can listen to the engine. AHHH, she's after my heart. So we head home and she pulls into the garage. Yes, a woman who can drive a car into a garage without hitting anything. We get out and she tackles me. Apparently, she liked it. She thought it was fast. So I told her it should be faster.
This brings up another subject.

Used motors and letting them sit.
It looks as though I need a rebuild. I'm not getting the power I should(although its still fast) and I'm getting too much blowby. Either a worn engine or I let it sit too long and the rings aren't seating. It isn't getting better, so I'd guess its worn. I was hoping I could put some miles on and the ring's would loosen up and seal. I could only be so lucky.

Before I pull the engine, I'll work on getting the LS1 coils running in the car. This way, I can get out the bugs and then when the engine is down, I can make it all look nice and flip the intake.

I love this clutch. I'm using the spec stage 3 hybrid. Smooth as stock, but holds great. Hopefully with more miles and power, It will still hold.

One thing I will add about the v8 swap's I've seen on here in the past year or so. Don't use a cheap starter. It seems like many have had problems with the starters going to crap. Myself included. This one lasted a few hundred miles. There were many starts in those miles, but it shouldn't have been a problem.

Product review. Non Small block swap related.
If you have a getrag. Get rodneys ultimate getrag shift kit brackets. I picked them up second hand. They cost $112 plus shipping new. I love it. Shifting is effortless and the shifter throw is damn near nothing. I also have a shortened shifter with it. Now instead of rowing through the gears, you shift through them. Going from 1st-2nd, or 3rd-4th the top of the shifter moves about 2-3 inches. Like all of rodneys products, the quality is top notch.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-ZZ3 HSR, 345hp, 390lb-ft. Est to be done one of these days.
  • V8 buildup thread
  • My Shower Cam
  • At mile 20 I thought I was dead At mile 22 I wished I was dead At mile 24 I knew I was dead At mile 26.2 I realized I had become too tough to kill
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

KissMySSFiero

5541 posts
Member since Nov 2000

get an allignment. It pulls hard while under throttle, in a straight line and to the left.

Something interesting on my allignment. My front toe was almost 4 inches out of spec. 4 inches!!!!! I did lower the car quite a bit and had the entire front suspension apart. so it was all out of wack. The tech didn't want to do it after seeing what he had to start with. I drove the car less than 1 tenth of a mile to get to the place and the tires were smoking hot. Thats how bad it was. He took about 2 hours, and that included balancing the tires. He did a great job. Cost was just under $120. Not bad for what he had to do. He got a nice tip from me after the first ride.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock