Found more IMSA pics Fiero GTU's & GTP's by Back288
Started on: 02-19-2005 01:46 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Racer_JT on 02-20-2005 01:27 PM
Back288

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back288Send a Private Message to Back288Direct Link to This Post
Found another batch of old negatives. Still more to come. If anyone likes old '80's music (yeah, I know), the driver seen in the picture of the front of the #55 car on the starting grid is John Oates from the old duo Hall & Oates. I have the press kit/release announcing him as the driver. If I remember correctly, he wrecked pretty big about halfway through the race. It wasn't pretty seeing the car come back to the hauler dangling from the back of a wrecker. Anyway, I'll post more as I find them.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
Did the Dole IMSA GTU car become the Entech IMSA GTU Fiero? Also would you happen to have any close up shots of the GTP Spice/Fiero hood emblem? Thanks again for sharing your pictures...

------------------
8T6 GT

[This message has been edited by red GT (edited 02-19-2005).]

Back288

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back288Send a Private Message to Back288Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by red GT:

Did the Dole IMSA GTU car become the Entech IMSA GTU Fiero? Also would you happen to have any close up shots of the GTP Spice/Fiero hood emblem? Thanks again for sharing your pictures...

I think the Dole car did become the Entech car. I'll try to find out for sure. Here's the best shot of the GTP Spice hood emblem I found so far. It's cropped and blown up from the other picture.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back288:

I have been trying to figure out the easiest way to make this hood scoop for my Fiero for the past year!! It will be done one day!

------------------
"EuroSmooth Fabrications"
Coming Soon...03/05

red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTDirect Link to This Post
Back228, thank you for posting the emblem pictrure. I have a lot of pictures of the GTP cars but none that had a close up like this. I always thought it had an British and American flag on it, sure would like to find one of those...

------------------
8T6 GT

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Thanks
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I have a drawing from GM of the Spice emblem. I will take it to work and rey to get it scanned so you have a clear copy of what it looked like.

I recieved the emblem drawing from a person who was incharge of the ID package for the Fiero program a while back.

The drawing has the British and American flags just as the cars did.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 02-19-2005).]

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
Very Cool, Thanks for sharing. If ya don't mind I'll and then to my webpage. I'd like to get some lager scans if you would email me some. http://home.mchsi.com/~b.butt/RacingFieros.htm

------------------
You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2005 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Would you please email me these and any others in Full Size racerjt@vafieroclub.com.

I would give you more than one + if I could.
These are incredible

Thanks,
Jesse

------------------

3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
What rims are they using on these case? (and where can i get my hands on some??)
(more specifically, in that passenger side pic of the GT)
Back288

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back288Send a Private Message to Back288Direct Link to This Post
The full size scans are sent, thank you for the compliments and your interest in the photos, I'm glad you are enjoying them. Going through all these negatives is bringing back some great memories of watching these cars compete. I used to get sponsor's and press passes to the IMSA, Trans-Am, and Firehawk Races so I took a lot of pics, that's why it's taking a while to sort through all the negatives and sort out the Fieros from the other sports cars. Even got some shots from victory lane of some drivers like Bobby Rahal, Al Unser Jr., Lyn St. James, and Al Holbert (deceased now, driver of the Lowenbrau Porsche 962 GTP). I'll post more Fieros as I find them.
PFF
System Bot
Czechfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CzechfieroSend a Private Message to CzechfieroDirect Link to This Post
Cool photos! Send me full size pictures, please. Thanks!

Luba
fiero.gt@tiscali.cz

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
I was just wondering if most of these were taken at the same track and if so were. oh and great photo skill also.
Back288

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back288Send a Private Message to Back288Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Vader:

I was just wondering if most of these were taken at the same track and if so were. oh and great photo skill also.

They were all taken at Road America near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin but they're from different years (84 to 87 if I remember correctly)

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Very Very Cool!

Please keep posting those FANTASTIC photos! I'm eating this up. As you can guess I am particularly interested in the 55 Son of a Gun Car.

------------------
Paul

Home Built Tube Chassis IMSA Race Car - 3.8 lb./hp | 1987 Fiero GT 119,xxx, 3.1 motor, HHP swaybar, Full poly
For more IMSA Fiero info: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/789315

Czechfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CzechfieroSend a Private Message to CzechfieroDirect Link to This Post
Back288, thanks for photos!

Luba

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
I got the photos

Thank you very much. They are awesome

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock