Daytona 2005 by SCF [Dragon]
Started on: 11-22-2004 06:39 AM
Replies: 98
Last post by: Dowdian on 03-18-2005 05:06 PM
SCF [Dragon]

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
If your interested in coming south to Daytona in March to hopefully warm up the web page is up for the Florida Fiero Weekend at Daytona 2005

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2005

Frank

[This message has been edited by SCF [Dragon] (edited 02-07-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there!

I hope to a LOT of fellow Pennock's members there this year.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Is it okay if I come North? I'll be there.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with my '88. this year. I had a great time last year even though I didn't have a car ready to show. Can't wait, I've already made my accommodations.

------------------
________Marty

[This message has been edited by achawkins (edited 11-22-2004).]

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I swore up and down that I would make the 2004 show only to have my throttle cable freeze up at 80MPH. I made it to Melbourne Fl and parked the car at a friends house, then went back home. Well for the 2005 show, if necessary the car will be towed if it fails to get there on its own.
t-bird1963

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for t-bird1963Send a Private Message to t-bird1963Direct Link to This Post
I will be there this year. Out to sea last year.
Rhino88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino88gtClick Here to visit Rhino88gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rhino88gtDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my newly purchased 86gt if Im back from Iraq in time.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

I'll be there!

What have you been working on Roy? Got the V8 up and running? Created anymore Firebird Interiors? Or is it a surprise?

Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
Ellen and I are bringing "Spirit" and parking in the back lot.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
If I get my swap done by then, I'll be there from MA. Michigan was fun, but I need some HEAT!!!

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '86 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC installation almost done... I drove it!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!! This sucker is FUUUUUUUUUUUN!!! :) )

paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Just bolted the cradle in with the new (new for this car anyway) motor and started hooking things up. If this one works out, that gives me 3 months to get the rest of the car in shape. Can I do it? Probably not but it gives me something to shoot for.

The last 2 years I've had to drive the 280Z down because the Fiero wasn't running but I hope to break that streak this year. Keep your fingers crossed.

See everyone in March.

------------------

AIM-jaxpac257
Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

What have you been working on Roy? Got the V8 up and running? Created anymore Firebird Interiors? Or is it a surprise?

Hey Jonathan,

THanks for asking. To be honest, I haven't done much this year. By the time I got around to start anything, along comes Charlie, Frances, and Jeanne. Since I work for the local power company, I was putting a lot of extra hours at work which left little time for ANYTHING at home.

But, I've recently started working on a big brake upgrade. Rest assured it'll be very different -- what else would you expect from the mrfixit garage . I hope to finish the mock-up this weekend and plan on sharing it with the Pennock's family soon.

You gonna bring the choptop this year?

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:
You gonna bring the choptop this year?

Roy, I'm interested to see your big brake upgrade...my plan is to bring to Chop top to Daytona in 2005...but I'm hesitant to make any promises yet. I would like to make a little more progress first.

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Best Fiero show in the South!

See ya' all there.

John

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
If I say I'm going, something will come up. So, I'm not saying anyting!
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

Best Fiero show in the South!

John

Not to mention it is in the peak of spring break and there are HOT GIRLS EVERY WHERE!

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
March? oooh that might be a little tough....who the hell has a car show in March?!

I wanna go....but driving my fiero through snow and shizzle from here to at least the mid usa doesnt look like a good plan...

Plus ill probably be flat out till May....dammit.

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero 3.4L 4spd
www.cardomain.com/id/donk_316

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there !! This is a "don't miss" type of show !! "Best" show anywhere that I've been to.This will be my 5th year in a row.
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there! It just isn't Spring without a trip to Daytona!

------------------

One-owner '88 coupe 189,000 miles, Daily Driver
Sharon's '86 GT, On The Road Once Again!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

who the hell has a car show in March?!

Daytona Beach. It's summer by then in Florida.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Daytona Beach. It's summer by then in Florida.

Hell by march, I'll be riving north for cooler weather.

PFF
System Bot
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. I havent been able to make the past events in florida. But by then I should have all my little bugs worked out (Cracked 1/4 windows, uneven exhaust tips,) I might even have some rims by then. Cya in march

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
85k Miles
Flowmaster Muffler, No cat.
Intake, Modified shifter

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Made our reservations tonight !!!! How's that for planning ahead? LOL.

------------------
can't get my danged sig to work !!!

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 11-24-2004).]

jg88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jg88gtSend a Private Message to jg88gtDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there, look forward to it each year.

Richard, Donna and Josh

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's going to be another great showing. I can't wait.

------------------
________Marty

beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post
Just made my reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!! Again!!!!! This time in my red '88GT, i'd bring the yellow GT but its not up for that long of a drive yet!!!! Maybe in '06...............Jim
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
I got volunteered to park cars again so I will be there.

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Will there be a place to park my trailer for the weekend?

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Will there be a place to park my trailer for the weekend?

Good Question, where do the trailer guys park? CoolBlue? I'm not sure if I'm driving or trailering...depends on if I have more than one passenger.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Check with Cool Blue as he has brought his trailered car to the show for the past few years.
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

I got volunteered to park cars again so I will be there.

Well, you can always run the computer and enter all the scores and I'll park the cars.

-FieroLinks

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
One brain cell just kicked in and I thought I remembered Archie parking the truck and trailer at the track. Then he would drive the car back to the hotel. I don't think Cool Blue did that though. I thought there was somewhere closer to the hotel where he parked his trailer.
achawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Last year Archies trailer was part of his display.

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there if I get my swap done in time.

------------------
*Sponsered by Sport Compact Pro*
1984 White Pontiac Fiero 2M4 - Formula Front End, JVC Stereo, Pioneer Speakers, Red Neons, Eagle Rims
1986 Black Pontiac Fiero GT - 1000 o.b.o. Willing to trade for Sportbike, Daily Driver, Yamaha Banshee, or a Engine Swap(I Provide Engine)

[This message has been edited by 84Fiero2M4 (edited 12-15-2004).]

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Im gonna sure as heck try to make it this year. Depends on if I can get the week off. and If I have the money.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Found a job in FL . So I'll be there

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about a trek to Daytona this year.........
malacite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
i might crash this party.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Good Question, where do the trailer guys park? CoolBlue? I'm not sure if I'm driving or trailering...depends on if I have more than one passenger.

Ok here is the scoop on trailers.

Let me tell you this 1st. ANYONE who thinks he's gonna be able to find a place to park his trailer at the Holiday Inn is nuts. You'll be lucky to find a place to park your Fiero let alone your rig. Besides if you've never done it before the drive etween the track (where you get off the highway) & the Hotel is pretty tight with heavy traffic etc. I've had times where it took me 2 hours to drive that 9 or 10 miles.

2 or 3 times I've paid the extra $$ to bring my trailer into my display, I usually arrainge this with the track in advance. Someone with the FL club helps me arrainge this but I know it's a pain for him so I'm not recommending it.

But there is a great place to put the trailers, they have security & everything right there at the track. It's on the East side of the track & is a Marshalling yard for the trucks & trailers that haul cars to the show. There is no charge to use this area and it has security.

Whenever I come in for the show, I get off I95 at the Speedway. Park my truck & trailer either in my display area or in the Marshalling yard. Then I unload my car, grab my bags & drive the car to the Hotel. Last year MotorTV went with me & there wasn't enough room in the GT40 for our bags so we found someone like Cool Blue to take them to the Hotel for us. We reverse this proceedure on Sunday when we go over to the track after checking out of the Hotel.

Ok now for the really daring people who just have to pull that trailer over to the Holiday Inn. I understand that there is a unsecure parking lot about 1/2 mile South of the Holiday Inn that can be used if you are staying at the HI.

Archie

SCF [Dragon]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCF [Dragon]Click Here to visit SCF [Dragon]'s HomePageSend a Private Message to SCF [Dragon]Direct Link to This Post
There is a place for trailer parking at the track as Archie mentioned. The only trailers that will be allowed inside the track area except to drop off cars will be the venders. All other trailers will have to be in the designated area outside the track (free).

Again as Archie mentioned - don't bring them to the hotel unless you want to pay extra fees to have them close by at the liquor store parking lot.

Of course there are other questions so drop me a line at Dragon@SpaceCoastFieros.com

Frank

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock