Who wants to see my latest? by 4BanGinFun
Started on: 10-10-2004 01:32 AM
Replies: 87
Last post by: 4BanGinFun on 04-15-2005 12:10 AM
4BanGinFun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
This is my second one I have restored so I dont find it so difficult. Kust time consuming, and alot of planing, and thinking involved. Thanks to everyone for the complements and such

Chris

IP: Logged
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
ttt
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
To make the dash glow blue, tuo have to remove all the flouresent orange paint on the inside of the cluster (sanding or white primer over it) Then fined some flouresent blue paint and repaint it. I tried this with yellow on my old 85GT, worked out pretty good.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Adam I'll try it out

Your going to the cruise on sat right?
you meeting up in the usual sevice stop outside of milton?

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4BanGinFun:

well I got bored tonight so i opened up the 86+ style cluster and painted up my needles

once my Aux gauges get here i will be doing the same to them may even concider some white faces

whats involved in making the gauges glow blue instead of the red?

How did you make that a 140 speedo..?? Oh, you are adding Aux gauges.?? Thats cool.. i just sold a set to someone.. forgot who though!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 10-14-2004).]

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2004 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
nice
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

How did you make that a 140 speedo..?? Oh, you are adding Aux gauges.?? Thats cool.. i just sold a set to someone.. forgot who though!

It's in Kilometers per hour...:-p

------------------

Ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
yea its only 140 km :P

"quote"How did you make that a 140 speedo..?? Oh, you are adding Aux gauges.?? Thats cool.. i just sold a set to someone.. forgot who though! "quote"

umm Steve it was me who you sold the gauges too....

[This message has been edited by 4BanGinFun (edited 10-14-2004).]

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2004 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Back to the front and the top.
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2004 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

Well since i took some of the body panels into work so i can work away on them i havent had much to do. So i decided ah what the heck I'll swap out my old busted up dash for this nice soild dash outa 84 parts car i had.
new dash installed

reason for changing old dash out :S

My mint shape drivers seat

I have a pasnger side seat that im going to swap the cover from

and look what i found in my busted up dash
nothing to great but better then factory

Oh yes cant forget. I got a 1% back on my car today, thats right found 10 bux under the drivers seat in change!

Heres a quick question? I kinda busted off one of the studs on the floor for the seat any sugestions?

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
some more pics

i slaped the hood and deck lid on so the rain won't fill my cover up while it sits outside for a few days while dad works on my moms vette

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Ooh Pete your always good for a laugh! Don't think dad would be to thrilled about tearing apart his car. lol

As per the repair I did one side at a time it didnt really move a whole lot when I cut everything off. Just make sure you remember to take the dogbone off, cause the engine will want to pull the trunk towards the cabin.

Ahhhhh, what the heck---send Dad out of town for a few days on a vacation (tell him he won a trip) still cheaper than a crate motor, swap the engines, with the 2.8 running thru the Caddy exhaust he'd never notice the difference, if he's like most Caddy drivers.

------------------

Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity

"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Lol accually he prolly would notice he likes to check his oil a little to regular. So when he gets home from the vaction trip he would check his oil, then give me a dirty look while shaking his head in disapointment.... Then i toss him the keys to the fiero and a small grin shows on his face as the 4.6 roars to life and he puts it in first clutch out hammer down and that small grin turns to an ear to ear smile..... now only if I could convince him about how great it could be....

ill have some more new pics this week i plan on bolting on my Blue primer body panels

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
here are my panels in primer its nice we have a colour build system that uses a coloured primer so any stonechips arent as noticeable

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001

check that out Oscar see no more hole told ya i could fix it

[This message has been edited by 4BanGinFun (edited 11-01-2004).]

rubyredfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Chris - I can't tell which one had the hole. I'm impressed. Good job. Keep that up, maybe I'll get you to paint the panels for the one in my garage for restoration. Maybe next spring.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Wow.....very impressive. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and document the progress. Nothing better than seeing a rusted out Fiero come back to life. Keep us posted as you make progress....
Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
Nice going man .. very impressive .. but are you really sure on the colour because i hear hot pink drives the ladies wild ... j/k man .. keep up the good work and don't worry... sometime soon i'll get my fiero to your house for some patch work ! .. keep the updates coming ..
matt
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the kind words more pics will be comeing soon
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by rubyredfiero:

Chris - I can't tell which one had the hole. I'm impressed. Good job. Keep that up, maybe I'll get you to paint the panels for the one in my garage for restoration. Maybe next spring.

only thing I wish I did was take a pic of that piece with the hole.
... you wouldnt happen to have a pic of it would you ???
PFF
System Bot
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
so when you gonna put some pics up with those parts on the car?! we gotta see what its gonna look like. You're gonna have like 3 running Fieros by like next spring. Im so jealous being 4 hours away from my Fiero.

oh well one day you'll be givin me rides anyways.

good work man keep updating us.

rubyredfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rubyredfieroSend a Private Message to rubyredfieroDirect Link to This Post

only thing I wish I did was take a pic of that piece with the hole.
... you wouldnt happen to have a pic of it would you ???

Sorry, but as you saw,I put it in the shed after I took the fender off. But for size sake, the hole was large enough to pass a v6 IAC valve thru it. That's big. Somewhere I have a black and white side shot. If I find it I'll scan it and e-mail it to you. Don't expect it soon though. E-mail me a reminder if I take too long. I'm itching to go and work on the cars.

Edited to add this:
Your pic "eurobumber3" shows it but not very clear. You can see the irregular shape next to the door. Maybe you can circle the area and possibly crop it and magnify it for clarity, repost the pic.

[This message has been edited by rubyredfiero (edited 11-03-2004).]

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
I tried but when i zoom in on it it gets real fuzzy
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2004 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
I have updates!!!! just dont have pics yet. My mom has gone away to florda for a week, and took the digi cam. So the pics will have to wait till the weekend.

But I have gotten all my parts done everything has my colour of choice on the edges. So all I have to do is bolt them one and sand the rest of the car and paint time... although the paint step isnt going to happen till the spring.

I also hooked up a cold air pipe to my factory rubber elbow. did that cause the CAI I got was off of an alero 2.4 and the pipes dont have the right bends to clear the hinge. I'll probably fiddle with it later and see if I can get it to work porperly... sure does make a lot of sucking sound.

Still waiting on some Aux gauges from "Notafieroanylonger" hope they get here soon. thats kinda holding up puttin my interior back together. I want to do the wireing and get it hidden so it looks factory.

anyways pics will be here in a few more days check back to see

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Any more progress or pics yet?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

Hmmm

Think they'd notice the swap?

Nyaaaaa

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
accually funny you say that i happened to acquire a 94 sts for free 32valves of V8 power!!!! only thing that kinda sucks is that the engine has 287K km on it pretty high mileage but it runs soo good and its been looked after it accually just had 2000 in repairs done to the car. But unfortunally the car met a Buck and got writen off so good for me i got it for free

I got all my parts edge and last night i pulled my door skins off so i can put my blue ones on today
I plan on working on the car alot today hopefully get the panels on the car and the interior back together ill ahve some pics tonight

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
front bumper... in primer

back bumper... in primer

whole side... also in primer

thats that for now

Hey Pete what would you want to swap in the Northstar??

Carswell...Wellscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarDirect Link to This Post
Pete i sent u a PM !!
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
ok heres some more pics of my blu parts enjoy
PFF
System Bot
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
oops
forgot the pics

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001

there we go

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post

4BanGinFun

1321 posts
Member since Oct 2001
....my work on this car is pretty much done till the spring when i take it to the shop and prep and paint it and get it certified so hopefully i can afford to drive this wagon

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Wow you have been busy. And a N* too. Sounds like a never ending project car, I like it. As for a price on an install, its nothing that 60 or 80 hrs would not cover

Pete

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
hmmm ill keep that in mind I havent made up my mind yet what i want to do engine wise ill prolly end up selling the STS to a buddy if it had less miles id prolly keep it but put a teenager behind a N* fiero and a N* that has 280K on it is askin for a meltdown

Chris

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
heres something more for you guys to enjoy!
i painted up an 87 plenum that i had and polished up the raised aluminum looks 100X better in person tho

------------------
Chris 85 Fiero SE 2.5L of fury
second one in the garage undergoing surgery
See the progress

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=347941&page

PBJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Those engine parts look nice! Keep up the work and the pics!

If the sts with N* is still forsale PM me with a price ehh.

Pete

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2004 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Pete you have a PM
4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
Bump this to the front for the newcomers
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock