Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How many Fieros with Scissor Doors? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
How many Fieros with Scissor Doors? by KitKar
Started on: 05-18-2004 05:13 PM
Replies: 83
Last post by: madcurl on 12-26-2004 02:41 AM
Malakyt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
some of us are willing to pay the price though. I guess that is all that counts. I know from personal emails that he has worked an excess of 100 hours getting these to work...

-Dan

IP: Logged
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering, is it harder to get into/out of the car with these doors? while it looks awesome as heck, i wouldn't want to do it if it made it harder to get in/out. Thanks

-Fish

Malakyt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalakytClick Here to visit Malakyt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MalakytDirect Link to This Post
It isnt too hard to get out. Notice the door swings out about 1.5 feet then up... so if you arent too tall it inst in the way. Just my take on it. looking at curleys pics it doesnt look like it will be difficult to get out. Just my take.

-Kyt

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:
but from the looks of it, it is a strong metal and a strut to help the door up, ~Adam

Adam, and a diamond is just a chunk of carbon. The value of anything is not just the raw materials, but the time and effort to transform it into something useful. The folks at Decah had to start with a clean sheet of paper and figure out how the make the thing work...what materials to use, how to machine it, how to make it reliable, etc. Then some other enterprising people are figuring out how to attach it to the Fiero. All this takes time and expertise. If you want to start with a chunk of metal and design and build your own, I'm sure you could do it for a fraction of the cost. But few of us have the time to devote to such a project and we are willing to pay someone else to do it for us. Sort of like paying someone to cut your grass when you know you could do it yourself for free, if you had the time.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malakyt:

It isnt too hard to get out. Notice the door swings out about 1.5 feet then up... so if you arent too tall it inst in the way. Just my take on it. looking at curleys pics it doesnt look like it will be difficult to get out. Just my take.

-Kyt

I'm not so small - 6' 5" and 280 lbs and I can get in and out of the wifes car without any problem

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

And then there's the insanely custom silver Fiero that was seen in a show in Canada? I think...

anyone know what this paint is called? color code,etc?

Thanks

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looks good so far and it does seem that there is enough room to get out of the car w/the window down? I notice also that you shaved the inner or rolled the door panel? That's what Jerry and John @ Car Excess did on my car. I hope you make it to the Carlisle car show.

I'm in Oklahoma City right now, on my way to Carlisle. I've b`een getting in and out of the car with the window up no problem when I don't want to draw attention to myself by raising the doors. It's tight, but it's no worse then getting in and out when someone parked too close to you. I did have to shave the door panel. I also trimmed the piece of trim on the fender.
What you are paying for is the engineering that Decah did and their cost of production, plus the changes that I have made. I don't think $1600 is too steep at all, in fact I think what Car Excess was charging is justified. When I started making these I said I wouldn't charge more than $1600 and it took much more time and work than I thought it would.

I've driven from Phoenix to Oklahoma city and still haven't seen a Fiero yet. I've seen a Porsche, a Viper, 4 Hummers and a Lamborghini though.

------------------
Rick Lord
http://www.KingdomCustoms.com

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

Thanks

I think it's rattle can chrome. I have a Fiero the same color, (no I didn't paint it that color)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2004 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

What you are paying for is the engineering that Decah did and their cost of production, plus the changes that I have made. I don't think $1600 is too steep at all, in fact I think what Car Excess was charging is justified. When I started making these I said I wouldn't charge more than $1600 and it took much more time and work than I thought it would.

I've driven from Phoenix to Oklahoma city and still haven't seen a Fiero yet. I've seen a Porsche, a Viper, 4 Hummers and a Lamborghini though.

$1800 INSTALLED. However, I think the price since has increased? The new company is called NX something?

No Fiero sightings? Welcome to the I-40 run. During my past trips to and from Oklahoma and Chicago I only seen one Fiero.

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
The show was a great success. There was a lot of interest in the scissor doors as well as the bumper. We got to meet a lot of cool people too. On the way back I saw one Fiero. A white Formula that was driving too slow in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Here's a pic from the show

Tonight it is going back in to the shop to get stripped down again for final adjustment. Hopefully It will be done by the end of the weekend and we can start offering kits.

------------------
Rick Lord

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

The show was a great success. There was a lot of interest in the scissor doors as well as the bumper. We got to meet a lot of cool people too.

Hopefully It will be done by the end of the weekend and we can start offering kits.

...and your coming to NH again when??

PFF
System Bot
KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

...and your coming to NH again when??

lol, Thansgiving probably. Nothing final yet.

------------------
Rick Lord

Tyler Sjoman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler SjomanSend a Private Message to Tyler SjomanDirect Link to This Post
silver showcar where do get or what bumper did you start with to make that really nice great job
cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
I was searching the net over and over now for another kit I saw a few months ago, but cant find it now :-( Maybee you guys already have seen it, it was soo sweet, a scissor door kit with remote controlled opening so you could just push the remote and the doors opened up sweet. It worked just like normal, you could open the door as usual but also "scissor it up" by hand or by remote.

Has anyone seen it?

------------------

http://www.fieroforum.tk

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
So whats the story on those who have the VDC kits? I know Sppdy's looked and worked pretty well at the West fest.

Radruss, did you every finish yours? Dragon, whats the word on Jerry and Kelly? They did Sppdy's nothie. Has B&B spyders done anyone else besides Tina's?

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-26-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

So whats the story on those who have the VDC kits? I know Sppdy's looked and worked pretty well at the West fest.

Radruss, did you every finish yours? Dragon, whats the word on Jerry and Kelly? They did Sppdy's nothie. Has B&B spyders done anyone else besides Tina's?

Now that Sppdy has the VDC, who's next? Kitkar, did you every get your VDC on? Dragon, any word from B&B spyders?

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
That look tricked out...........I might even consider getting one myself. I may not be the first one around my area though. But being in the Marina del Rey area the Fiero would fit right in with this kit. Hell, that will be awesome!!! Where can I get one and how soon????

Jess

[This message has been edited by kooljess (edited 08-02-2004).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

kooljess

1135 posts
Member since Jul 2004
They do look pretty tricked.............I am considering doing it to my Fiero. Heck, it will be kool to have that around town specially here at Marina del Rey. I know I probably won't be the first one to have that wing door. But, hey it does look mighty kool.

Where do I get one......

Jess

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

That look tricked out...........I might even consider getting one myself. I may not be the first one around my area though. But being in the Marina del Rey area the Fiero would fit right in with this kit. Hell, that will be awesome!!! Where can I get one and how soon????

Jess

Sppdy and I got are made by Jerry and Kelly at XS Customs, I think thats the new name?

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly.......... we met at the Westfest in San Simeon....we were the ones you were talking to on your way to get ice I guess, by the stairs. That was the first time I have heard about the Pennock Forum. Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the double posting.............pure accident..............

Jess

[This message has been edited by kooljess (edited 08-02-2004).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Regarding the "automatic" opening doors..did you see that on a Fiero, or on some other car...? I just wonder about the weight of the doors...

-FieroRumor

------------------

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

Thanks Curly.......... we met at the Westfest in San Simeon....we were the ones you were talking to on your way to get ice I guess, by the stairs. That was the first time I have heard about the Pennock Forum. Thanks for the info.

Sorry about the double posting.............pure accident..............

Jess

Hehehehe...ain't it a small world. Made even smaller here on Pennocks. I glad you joined.

VDC. I talked to Jerry on the 28th. They can make them for you. Just make sure you take them to someone who knows how to put them on.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-02-2004).]

cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
about the automatic door openers, havent seen it on a Fiero sorry to say, I guess it takes a little bit of job if to get it to work but I found the site though:

http://www.autoloc.com/

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cenneth:

about the automatic door openers, havent seen it on a Fiero sorry to say, I guess it takes a little bit of job if to get it to work but I found the site though:

I talked to Jerry at XS Customs and he said that it can be done...but it will cost you! Autoloc has the hardware but their set-up isn't as clean as Decahs. Plus their is no pattern for the Fiero, so you're on your own.

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

Now that Sppdy has the VDC, who's next? Kitkar, did you every get your VDC on? Dragon, any word from B&B spyders?

No, I didn't. I got frustrated not being able to get things to line up right, but after seeing yours and spddys I have ideas and new enthusiasm to tackle it again.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I've got a major project planned for this fall..

notchback suicide lambo doors (unless i figure out how to pull it off on a fastback)

inspired by the audi in i,robot

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/irobot/audirsq/audirsq.jsp

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-02-2004).]

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
I want, I want!!!

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
OMFG, that suicide lambo door is hot! I want one to, I will sell my other cars to get it! =)
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

OMFG, that suicide lambo door is hot! I want one to, I will sell my other cars to get it! =)

don't worry i'll start a buildup thread once it is underway -

ps.. i was listening to sandstorm on the way into work this morning

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
dance music is awesome, nothing like it to lift you up in the morning =)
SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post

SandstormGT

320 posts
Member since Jan 2004
on a sidenote, the front-end of that first picture of the audi looks really awesome, maybe I can get one and do a one-off conversion =)
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

I've got a major project planned for this fall..

notchback suicide lambo doors (unless i figure out how to pull it off on a fastback)

inspired by the audi in i,robot

http://www.audi.com/com/en/experience/irobot/audirsq/audirsq.jsp

Can this idea be done to a Fiero? Yes, if you have lots of time and money.

Problems? Yes, many of them.

What items needed? A call to Archie and Decah.

Why call? Archie is the only guy who knows "whats, whats" when it comes to suicide doors on a Fiero. I recall from our conversation...there was a lot of build-up work in the area where the doors attach. Unlike the front...everything has the necessary supports. Once thats done, you can then move-on to Decah. You'll need to call Decah also because, I have seen reverse lambo doors on a Cadillac Escalade and Decah would know "whats" up or maybe needed?

Can it look like one in the movie? I doubt it unless you get your car hauled off to Fosse's shop on the show "Over-hauled."

------------------

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-08-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cenneth:

about the automatic door openers, havent seen it on a Fiero sorry to say, I guess it takes a little bit of job if to get it to work

Found this idea for door poppers on another forum.

Don't see why it wouldn't work on a fiero !

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Can this idea be done to a Fiero? Yes, if you have lots of time and money.
Problems? Yes, many of them.
What items needed? A call to Archie and Decah.
Why call? Archie is the only guy who knows "whats, whats" when it comes to suicide doors on a Fiero. I recall from our conversation...there was a lot of build-up work in the area where the doors attach. Unlike the front...everything has the necessary supports. Once thats done, you can then move-on to Decah. You'll need to call Decah also because, I have seen reverse lambo doors on a Cadillac Escalade and Decah would know "whats" up or maybe needed?
Can it look like one in the movie? I doubt it unless you get your car hauled off to Fosse's shop on the show "Over-hauled."

OH don't worry - its not as difficult as some woulf have you think - a little welding, some cutting, dual latches, and roller bearing hinges.. don't you worry... call archie and decah? nah.. its neither a lambo door nor a suicide door..
I already have basicly everything planned out just trying to tweek the idea to minimize the amount of space needed next the car to have it open (crowded parking lots suck)

do i want it to look like the audi? no - that was just what gave me the idea

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2004 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

Thanks

I think that's just aluminum paint with a clearcoat over it.

YellowRooster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowRoosterSend a Private Message to YellowRoosterDirect Link to This Post
There is a car in that picture?

Oh wait, I see it now!

Originally posted by exoticse:

Found this idea for door poppers on another forum.

Don't see why it wouldn't work on a fiero !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A company in OH is making those VDC and are in chrome too! For $699 Makes me wanna jump.....but I won't.

Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7918368318&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

------------------

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
How the heck would you open and close the suicide Lambo ones? (I assume they would be electric?)
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
I think everybody forgot about the curse!!!!

"GRLPWR"

Thanks,

MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ GOT 19"s?? RIMS/TIRES FOR SALE!!! ONLY 2,000 Miles

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:

count me in the club too, mine should be on this weekend. how much do u all have to trim in the inner wheel well and how difficult is instillation, and opening and closeing door. thanx all

Okay Radruss. 4 month has passed. Got them on yet?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock