Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Redesigning the dash...first idea (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Redesigning the dash...first idea by Fie Ro
Started on: 05-09-2004 09:58 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Gecko on 12-03-2004 04:13 PM
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have also been looking at some PVC tubing to make it easier to make a mockup, or even a final product. I bought 2 pieces to experiment with, but there are hundreds of pieces available.

I am still busy sanding and prepping the body for paint (priority), but this interior-thingie is getting a grip on me!

IP: Logged
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Do I see altezza GT tail lights???

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2004 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Do I see altezza GT tail lights???

...Ehm, not that easy!
-modified GT tail-, -modified altezza taillights (prelude)
Most info and pics are in here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785-3.html

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
another snapshot .....there are lots of sixpacks in this project already! (=development/costs/various)
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
Anything new for us to drool over?

-Phil

------------------

"Wanna join a...punk band....shave your head and get a tattoo. Don't need intelligence just attitude!"

Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
That stuff is really out of this world. Almost has a retro space age feel of what we expected the year 2000 to be back in the 50's . I'm just amazed how well you can use that program.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have an updated glovebox and I started with a doorskin... however I have some major PC trouble at home, when I do get the chance I will post new material!

Some pieces should be more smooth but it is quite hard to do that in the program, but is very nice to try out several things before I start a real one....AFTER the car is painted.

...maybe it could be like what people in the '80's would think a 2000 Fiero dash would look like... we'll see how it will turn out.........
thanks.

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
This is a cool thread. You have some good Idea's going. Keep it up.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 PURCHASED

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Needs some cupholders.

------------------

Signature courtesy of MinnGreen.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
It is made of cupholders
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
...*finally got my pc to work, I have to re-install everything..grrrrrr...I love Mac's!*...

update of...eh.... last week:

PFF
System Bot
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Awesome job! very creative! Definitely a + from me
roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Cool! where are the doorhandles?

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 pontiac fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) very proud also....Truly is...Driving Excitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

[This message has been edited by roys88fiero (edited 07-05-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by roys88fiero:

Cool! where are the doorhandles?

At the stock location (within the black cubic thingie!) I rather try to incorporate them than to make something more difficult to built

RevivalofHonor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RevivalofHonorSend a Private Message to RevivalofHonorDirect Link to This Post

At the stock location (within the black cubic thingie!) I rather try to incorporate them than to make something more difficult to built

Oh...for a moment, I thought that the button next to the black cubic thingie was the door release....

It's still awesome, though, and deserving a bump. What program are you using, btw?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
love the interior design all except the driver guage pod.. i think it needs to be molded into the dash like the center consol and guages are
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Very concept carish... I like it, are you planning on trying to try and do the brown sections out of wood or some sort of wood grain?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I havent had time to update it yet. Yes I want to built the final design (and probably will!). I already did some major bodymods and this looks like an interesting new project. I am designing it in Cinema4D....if you have it or a supported .c4d import I could post the model(s) for you guys to play with I am done with "secret" projects and feedback is always good! The gunmetalgrey and tan parts will be painted fiberglass, Tan being the original "fiero" tan so I can keep my MrMikes seats No woodgrain, its not a Jaguar. Kohburn, you may be right....I dunno, I just have to try how it looks toghether with the rest.....I want all the pieces to work together. Thats why it is nice to try out some things before getting your hands dirty.
First though I have to finish the car for painting and I have a serious fueldelivery problem to deal with

------------------

1987 Fiero concept GTR in Progress...
1969 Chevy Suburban

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn, you may be right....I dunno, I just have to try how it looks toghether with the rest.....I want all the pieces to work together. Thats why it is nice to try out some things before getting your hands dirty.
First though I have to finish the car for painting and I have a serious fueldelivery problem to deal with

well you know i love your work ..
any fuel delivery issue you can post on here and get plenty of help diagnosing

btw - any chance you are making a mold of that nose? i want to see how it looks on a notchy

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 07-29-2004).]

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
Sure, I have Cinema 4d, I also have Amorphium, which helps to make more organic
objects.

Post the .c4d file, I'll take a whack at it.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Maetrix: I'll post em to you, cant link them right now. I also cant check them and "clean" them right now because I just re-installed the system and no c4d yet. Let me know if textures etc work.
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
maetrix's mail no workie, want the files? They're about 700K. mail at digitalmediadesign@wanadoo.nl
RevivalofHonor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RevivalofHonorSend a Private Message to RevivalofHonorDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
That sucks, sorry, I guess when I get home I'll have to reactivate it.
It goes offline if I don't log into it every so often. I have like three different email addresses, so it happens.

Actually, send it to 30ford@tdstelme.net

Thats a POP3 email I have access to.

-everyone else, no spamming me, alright! LOL

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maetrix66:

That sucks, sorry, I guess when I get home I'll have to reactivate it.
It goes offline if I don't log into it every so often. I have like three different email addresses, so it happens.

Actually, send it to 30ford@tdstelme.net

Thats a POP3 email I have access to.

-everyone else, no spamming me, alright! LOL

No problem, email sent.
I sent you the c4d files, please check for missing textures (I guess I only used tweaked standard shaders but not sure). If it works I'll sent the files to the people who PM-ed me.
I got c4d to work and exported the projects as .3ds and .xml files too now. They are way bigger (1.5-1.7MB) so I guess textures etc are included too. I can send them too but it would be nice if someone could put them online and post a link here...

Only restriction on using the files: You can use and mod the files anyway you want, but if it looks good you are forced to post them here for inspiration to others.

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro... great work on the dash.. hope to see what it looks like when u auctully build it... wicked stuff! anyway i PMed you last nite.... just making sure u see it...

Soaper

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I've seen it! I just havent got any "basic" fieromodel at all in c4d to play with. Got some .max files sometime ago but I cant import them. .3ds files should work...I know some people spent a lot of time to recreate the body in 3D, I just need a format that will import into c4d so I can play with it....
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
damn... cause id love to see that 3-d... tried finding that program to download earlier... but i got crappy 56K so ill have to go to an friends and get it later on

Soaper

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
a little variation...for those who like red and c/f:
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
ok...I put some more time and beer into it. many little detail changes:

For those who wanted cupholders....

They're electrically retractable and they're made of a diameter controllable electric plastic. There are 6 preset buttons on the dash to fit your cup perfectly. Featuring coffee cup-size and even several milkshake cup-sizes. They also double as climate control.

Now I only need a good model of the seats:

If anyone has a 3D model of the fiero seat please send it to digitalmediadesign@wanadoo.nl .I am not going to model it myself right now...
An old and worn seat model will work too, I am going to cover them in Virtual MrMikes anyway!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Now I have a question: from which car do those window buttons originally come from? Looks like they're the same as on Madcurl's midconsole...

They would really match my dashdesign. And the starterbutton on that pic looks simmilar to the ones I posted before! ....so I might be not the only stupid one thinking of those

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 08-02-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Last one.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
added the guage faces in i see

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
The picture you posted about the buttons... was that from the octturbo car? There was a site for them, maybe you can e-mail them and ask?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
can't wait to see this thing develop
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
The three center gages..

Can you angle the face of them towards the driver.. about 15 to 25 degrees...

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I am not planning to angle them right now, maybe in the execution...form versus function it could be a bit like this testpiece I once made:
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
latest tryouts

This still needs some work...

In fact I kind of ...uh..started to build this thing already! At least I did some mockups. One of these days I will start a build-up thread about it. It was fun to try-out ideas in 3D but in reality they already have been changed again hehe, now the fun really starts...
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
You do awesome work, man!

Check out https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046695.html - I think you would be a great contributer to this possible project!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock