Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  2004 Westfest results and (MANY) pictures (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
2004 Westfest results and (MANY) pictures by fierobear
Started on: 07-19-2004 02:29 AM
Replies: 120
Last post by: spddy on 08-30-2004 12:30 PM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
pokey, the hard luck trophy has already been awarded. You can stop competing for it!

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-20-2004).]

IP: Logged
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

pokey, the hard luck trophy has already been awarded. You can stop competing for it!

best idea ive heard in 28 hours

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:
fierobear that was an awesome event. I'm going to go crazy trying to budget Fiero mods AND Fiero shows now!

By the way, to all who thanked me...you're welcome. Even though it's a lot of work, I love doing it. I'll love it even more, after my feet stop hurting, and I catch up on some sleep!

Positive forum ratings are welcome.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

By the way, to all who thanked me...you're welcome. Even though it's a lot of work, I love doing it. I'll love it even more, after my feet stop hurting, and I catch up on some sleep!

Positive forum ratings are welcome.

Sorry says here i gave you a neg but doesn't say why so i guess i'll have to leave it.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Special Interest/Kit

1st Brian Bernard, Concept GT2000

i think it would be interesting to see what a car like this would look like with a colorshifting paint job, since it has hardly any sharp angles that would make for sudden changes.

if there's a pic of the blue coupe's (john tinnay?) trunk lid i'd like to see that. wondering how the ventilation is set up.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:
if there's a pic of the blue coupe's (john tinnay?) trunk lid i'd like to see that. wondering how the ventilation is set up.

I lightened up the contrast a bit, maybe you can see it better now

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-20-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

You can see that under the wing is what appears to be a Mitsu Evolution hood scoop mounted reverse. Under that is an electric fan that I believe is set up to push air up and out the trunk. This is not going to be a good car to bring ice cream home in.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
This is not going to be a good car to bring ice cream home in.

Sure it will. You'll get home so fast, it won't have a chance to melt!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

You can see that under the wing is what appears to be a Mitsu Evolution hood scoop mounted reverse. Under that is an electric fan that I believe is set up to push air up and out the trunk. This is not going to be a good car to bring ice cream home in.

Close stimpy, it is an evo8 hood scoop covering a 960cfm pull fan blowing directly onto the intercooler vented through the lower part of the trunk. Also the way the wing is designed , the raised portion of it creats a sort of hydrofoil creating down force which in turn helps feed the fan.

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 07-20-2004).]

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post

Steve Moorehead's Convertable Fiero
Thanks for letting me ride/drive bro!

My favorite picture of Keith's 86 SE Northstar (taken at the winery on the way home.)

Chris West's 86 SE taken by Steve Moorehead on the way home (I was driving the convertable, woohoo!)
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post

WKDFIRO

1637 posts
Member since Nov 1999
Its the Fiero Hotel and Spa....

The toughest parking row of all, Custom/Modified Row...

Fieros from top to bottom:
Keith Huff
Steve Moorehead
Chris Sideris
Jose Goncalves
Chris West
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
There was a custom/modified row? And I was on the other end of the lot? Why didn't anyone tell me? Not that there were any parking spaces over there anyway, and it was nice having my car right in front of my...OK I'll shut up now.

Oh, and Pokey, you're even crazier than I thought. Go to sleep.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

There was a custom/modified row? And I was on the other end of the lot? Why didn't anyone tell me? Not that there were any parking spaces over there anyway, and it was nice having my car right in front of my...OK I'll shut up now.

Oh, and Pokey, you're even crazier than I thought. Go to sleep.

We didn't organize the show field by class. It gets boring to see several of the same thing, like stock GTs, lined up together. People parked wherever they wanted.

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to post about half my pictures earlier. My gallery is now updated. See it at http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/westfest/

------------------
Rick Lord
http://www.KingdomCustoms.com

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

I forgot to post about half my pictures earlier. My gallery is now updated. See it at http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/westfest/

Just wanted to thank you Rick for holding my truck in place on Saturday nite so it didn't blow away in the wind, or roll down the driveway! I really appreciate it!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KitKar:

Thank you for sharing your pix.

Hey, has anyone heard from Malakyt and skank? We're worried about those guys.

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Hey, has anyone heard from Malakyt and skank? We're worried about those guys.

I'm worried too... :-/

Janell

[This message has been edited by atleastitruns (edited 07-21-2004).]

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Just wanted to thank you Rick for holding my truck in place on Saturday nite so it didn't blow away in the wind, or roll down the driveway! I really appreciate it!

LOL. Glad I could help.

Haven't heard from Malakyt. It's not looking good.

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post
haha. my bad. seems that they don't have a cell... and the one they were using was songman's. haha. :P nvm about me having their number.

Janell

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by atleastitruns:

haha. my bad. seems that they don't have a cell... and the one they were using was songman's. haha. :P nvm about me having their number.

Janell

they had 50 bucks to get 800 miles.
I can't believe i let them go like that.
last i saw they were going down to the beach before they went so they could take a little sand home.

Hopefully some lonely rich lady found them and there still in San Simeon.

atleastitruns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atleastitrunsSend a Private Message to atleastitrunsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

they had 50 bucks to get 800 miles.
I can't believe i let them go like that.
last i saw they were going down to the beach before they went so they could take a little sand home.

Hopefully some lonely rich lady found them and there still in San Simeon.

so uhh, how long are we going to wait until we get a search party together? I can head upto San Simeon, to see if they know anything.
Yeah, I'm pretty worried now.

Janell

PFF
System Bot
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i gonna have to do more mods, and cleaning. there are like two pics of my GT!
Doug Chase

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug ChaseSend a Private Message to Doug ChaseDirect Link to This Post

By request for a female that shall remain nameless

Silent Bob!

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug Chase:

Silent Bob!

LOL I really need to get a trenchcoat like his cause I swear that is the first thing everyone says when they meet me.

If you haven't looked in the "How Was WestFest?" thread, Malakyt and Skank are fine. I still can't believe they made it all the way to Arizona, considering that all they had was a full tank of gas and about $54 when they left San Simeon.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

We didn't organize the show field by class. It gets boring to see several of the same thing, like stock GTs, lined up together. People parked wherever they wanted.

sence you didn't park the cars in classes what kind of judging did this show have............was it participant judged or was it a points judged show ?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

sence you didn't park the cars in classes what kind of judging did this show have............was it participant judged or was it a points judged show ?

It was actually a combination. All classes except Daily Driver and Work in Progress were points judged.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

The WCF nazis salute you

Hmmm. Notice pokey in the red shirt... I think next time, he's cut off hours before we start taking pix... Your other right ya moron!

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Close stimpy, it is an evo8 hood scoop covering a 960cfm pull fan blowing directly onto the intercooler vented through the lower part of the trunk. Also the way the wing is designed , the raised portion of it creats a sort of hydrofoil creating down force which in turn helps feed the fan.

So when do we get to see some dyno slips and quarter mile numbers for that beast?

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

So when do we get to see some dyno slips and quarter mile numbers for that beast?

It's already been to the dyno, I just don't know about the 1/4.. You still got your slips there Jon? Post them! Or better yet, email them to me, and I'll post them with the pix of your car on the FW website!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

It's already been to the dyno, I just don't know about the 1/4.. You still got your slips there Jon? Post them! Or better yet, email them to me, and I'll post them with the pix of your car on the FW website!

They are over at the dyno shop but ill get then over to ya soon

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

They are over at the dyno shop but ill get then over to ya soon

Kewl.. Cuz like I said.. I have a section for ya all setup, just gotta finish publishing the pix, and I'll put your dyno sheets and everything on there...

PFF
System Bot
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Kewl.. Cuz like I said.. I have a section for ya all setup, just gotta finish publishing the pix, and I'll put your dyno sheets and everything on there...

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie: quote
The WCF nazis salute you

Hmmm. Notice pokey in the red shirt... I think next time, he's cut off hours before we start taking pix... Your other right ya moron!

i didn't want to hit tinay in the back of the head.next time i will. i'll say duck first.Of course with this crowd thay would say wheres the duck.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 07-29-2004).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

i didn't want to hit tinay in the back of the head.next time i will. i'll say duck first.Of course with this crowd thay would say wheres the duck.

There was a duck? Where? I thought there was just a mouse...that got hurt...oh and there was the cockroach! But Goober ate it.

Crud now MY mouse hurts...

[This message has been edited by Fastback 86 (edited 07-29-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Longest Distance
malakyt

Hard Luck
malakyt

Thanks for posting the event details and photo's ! I mean that !

Secondly, I making this post because Malakyt might actually look at this thread. Thanks Malakyt for using my money to fund your trip and not sending me what you promised, and we had agreement on.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Oh-oh... not a good thing. Hope he takes care of you, kid...

On a totally different matter... Malakyt, did you call the hotel? Please PM me and let me know. Thanks.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Come on, damn it... Give me sheets! Lets show these mid-west, wheat eatin, wanna be less than 12 second, lets ride our pocket rocket around the parking lot, jerry rigged piece of **** Fiero havin mo-fo's that us west coast US people are still one step above!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

Come on, damn it... Give me sheets! Lets show these mid-west, wheat eatin, wanna be less than 12 second, lets ride our pocket rocket around the parking lot, jerry rigged piece of **** Fiero havin mo-fo's that us west coast US people are still one step above!

Goob dont get all in a wad on me Oil leak first then I will get you your #s you sexy indian,spanish,french,wiatress you

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Brief commercial announcement

We stil have t-shirts left from Westfest. Check this thread for info:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/021596.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Darn it. i got he right one now. Lets move on.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock