Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  CFOG-I South Central RRR early planning notice (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
CFOG-I South Central RRR early planning notice by maryjane
Started on: 05-15-2004 01:34 PM
Replies: 99
Last post by: maryjane on 10-08-2004 04:13 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
It's looking like the show & shine will be at O'Riellys Auto Parts, as I still haven't gotten a 'Go' from the Mall management. O'Riellys will contribute some door prizes and 'giveaways'. I will post Motel rates later, but have reserved a block of 20 rooms at The Comfort Inn at their govt rate. They have a pool, restraunt, and cocktail lounge on premises.

I'm still working on a cruise route, hopefully to terminate at San Angelo Dragway; depends on the timing and what everyone wants to do.
The Saturday date of RRR is an open date at San Angelo Dragway-nothing planned. The track owner has expressed interest in doing a Fiero race night, probably as part of a test & tune night/street wars. It IS still very much up in the air, but I think it will happen in one form or another.
Anyone can run against anyone else, so I figure all the Fieros can choose to run against each other, unless challenged by some of the locals, but I am hoping we can set it up for the Fieros to run 1st, as many Fiero owners will be tired from driving out to San Angelo. Watch out for the red El Comino. That sucker can fly!! So can the 2 white Chevy pickups, and the 2 SS Chevy's. If the little red drag bike challenges-kindly decline-he was running high 9's/145+mph last night. Mostly what I've seen so far are FWD imports, with a smathering of PU's and a couple of 'off the showroom floor' entries from the local Chevy, Ford, and Pontiac dealers. The new owners, Joe & Carol Pierce, are really super nice, and are trying hard to work with everyone in San Angelo, and said he would add the Fieros imminent arrival to his advertising
flyers that are all over town each week, IF this plan comes to fruition.

Now about the track: A typical small town strip. Litterally out in the middle of a cotton field, 13 miles south of the city limits. Both times I've been this year, they had a fairly long line of cars to get in. I suggest we get there early to avoid any possible overheating problems while waiting. We did not have any overheating problems, but our cars are 4 cylinders. Due to the West Texas heat, they only run at night, 8pm-midnight. It is a 1/4 mile track. Limited seating, but plenty of room for lawnchairs, & I will try to provide some. There is usually a professional photographer there, shooting pics and videos, which you can purchase afterwards. I haven't seen any tech inspections on the 2 street wars nights I went to so far, but there are a few standing track rules, such as proof of ownership, working tail lights, brakes etc. Rules are posted on their website, but not all apply on test & tune/street wars night. I saw the "No deep staging" rule broken many times without admonishment or disqualification. Pre launch burnouts are both allowed & encouraged. (gotta keep the spectators happy). They do insist on helmets, if you run under 13.99.
I'll check with the local speed shop and see if they will lend us a few.

http://www.sanangelodragway.com/

The site is still patrially under construction at the moment, but may be fully functional in a few days.

As I said, the track is in the middle of an agricultural area. No paved parking, but the parking area is spacious and smooth. 2 weekends ago, we found Jane's car covered in dust after the races, from the barren fields and the westerly wind-so be forewarnned about that. There are a couple of concession stands, and as far as I know, they allow you to bring your own, as I saw many people with coolers. NO Glass containers.
No ambulance on duty.
No firetruck, tho there is a water trailer with hose on the track near the staging area and plenty of fire extinquishers.

Test & Tune/street war night:
Spectators tickets are $5 each.
Car & driver entry is $15-unlimited # of runs.
The usual liability disclaimer has to be signed prior to running on the track and will be checked for before each staging.
DO NOT SPEED GOING BACK INTO SAN ANGELO ON US 87!
It's heavily patrolled on race nights by Texas DPS.
If anyone has any questions or suggestions, email/PM me, or one of the south central officers.
Don

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-15-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Don, do have any particular date in mind?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Date was pre-scheduled by CFOG-I. Oct 9.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Awww man I need a helmet ?!?!?!?!? Bummer

I just won 1st place in a car show today !! (custom street rod) I have one more to go to sunday!!!

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I just won 1st place in a car show today !!

Hey, that's great! Congratulations. Was it in Austin?

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Nope in San Marcus at Gary Job Corps!! they had an ad in the paper and I chose that one over 4 others here in town that day.

Now I have to get today's show prep going ...darn bugs I will make a thread......

sorry Don.........free bump ?

------------------

custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Any updates. I need to start geting vacation approval. Is all a go? When will we be able to start signing up? I know we at AAFO in San Antonio are getting ready.

Hope to hook up with some Dallas, Austin, Phlugerville and all points between for a good old convoy, breaker/breaker 19 good buddy.

Don & Mary Jane, congrats on the 84. Just bought my first 4-banger, 84 non running with 118,000 miles on her. After fuel pump, shifter & select cables and a new clutch she runs, she moves,
"O-NO, she won't S T O P! No way she will be ready for San Angelo, will bring DARKWING instead. Will be great to catch up with you guys and gals.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Yes, I am sending this one back to the top. Come on people you want something for the Texas folks and it comes and you don't respond. This is my second favorite event only behind the ROUND-UP in San Antonio. Chuck Hodges put his heart and sole into RRR I and RRR II. I could not attend II as my Mother passed. By the way he lost his at the same time.

Now Don, (Maryjane), is working his Fiero off to get you people to San Angelo and no one is responding. You Dallas people need to get with the program and Houston come on lets make it happen. I assure you we at the AAFO in San Antonio will be there in some fashion and some number, even if it is one...ME..

If you are anywhere in the TX, OK, NM. and/or LA. and you don't at lease make an effort short of a complete financial melt-down and/or a death in the family......................SHAME ON YOU!

If this offends you, get over it or come kick my 54 year old, tired old but, I think we will have a great time.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ohhhh get tough Mikey hummm uhhhh yeah.....

I learned today My car sucks!!!!! ask Ken and Heidi

------------------

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
I need a road trip. How do we sign up?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

I learned today My car sucks!!!!!

See, I told you that before... Did'nt believe me..??
Oh', That was before the paint, 3800SC install, etc...
Now it is BADASSS...

FREE BUMPO from page 2...
Sorry, I wont be there...
------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 08-29-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
KensCircus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KensCircusSend a Private Message to KensCircusDirect Link to This Post

I really don't have the room to add MORE trophies! I really want someone else to have a chance to "take home the gold" !...

It would be cool if I had some "other" Fieros in a show here in town with me.I think everyone here is tired of just seeing just my fiero now ! If ya'll are too scared, or no trailers available...I will understand!
http://www.samuelsjewelers.com/carshow/?PHPSESSID=617cdc06c29539eae1417311bd0bf89b

I learned today My car sucks!!!!! ask Ken and Heidi

We were just trying to help!

P.S. Revin, Heidi is making a scrapbook for you. Surprised??

Ken&Heidi
87GT 3.4L 5-Speed

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

We at the AAFO had a dinner last night and all the BUZZ was CFOG-I and San Angelo, Texas in October. Don, any up-dates on how soon sign up will start and hotel regristrations? Looks like we, (AAFO), are planning a decent showing.

Everyone was talking about a caravan to San Angelo. Hope we can arrange a hook-up with our northern Texas and Oklahoma Fieros in San Antonio on Friday 10/08/04. Nothing like the smell of spent un-leaded gas on a hot Texas day, Some will tow, some will roll, the main thing is we get there and what better way than a big group of Fieros rolling into town together.

Yea-haw, get along little doggie. Saddle up , move them out.....Raw Hide!

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Awww man I need a helmet ?!?!?!?!? Bummer

I guess you are in the 13s now...I won't be running up against you anytime soon

I plan to be there. This is show-n-shine right? None of my cars are ready for trophies, unless you still have the ugliest car award. I can steel that one away from Revin this year.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

unless you still have the ugliest car award. I can steel that one away from Revin this year.

I have that award right here by the computer...lol I was awarded it after the dinner in Jefferson...
It's my first Fiero related award, so i will be keeping this one... Maybe I can make anothe one of some type for next year 2005!

Speaking of NEXT year... Where are we planning on it next year..??
My Fiero is coming back together somewhat... I hope to have some pic's in a few week's!
Watchout Revin... You are in deep caca'... Johnathan on one side and me on the other... hahaha Gonna be funny!

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
MJ.............where are youuuuuuuu??

ME worry???

And steve...that award is JUST TILL you get it finished! ( yeah I know never ) Now a chop and 4.9??? big $$ now huh!

What about chuck? isn't he helping MJ on this???

Fastfieros.....what is your guys plan on this???

------------------

98 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. only one in Austin Texas !

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
From the emails I have recieved and sent, I believe Don has the lead on this. Chuck is providing games, Blakes is doing the usual indoor games, I am suppose to keep up with all this, but cant say I have done a very good job of that.

This is going to happen, so plan to be there October 9th 2004 for R3 !

Loyde

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I probably won't be bringing the chop top. It still needs a lot of work before I show it. Still several more weeks before I even get to drive it.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
All: It's a go on this end. Waitin on yall.
Show & Shine Saturday morning @ O'Rielly's Auto Parts-4555 Sherwood Way. Set up @ 8am on.
Cruise route is set up for Saturday afternoon around 3pm.
Sunday morning meal will be at Golden Corral-1601 Knickerbocker Rd.
Motel is Comfort Inn, located @ 2502 Loop 306 on the East frontage rd.
More info here:
http://www.cfogi.org/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=1&year=2004&month=08&day=29&Itemid=29
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
no drag racing now???
that is cool i need a new clutch anyway
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

that is cool i need a new clutch anyway

Well, at least the crappy ole 4t60e doesn't wear out the clutch even though it's dog slow at 15.1 sec.

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

no drag racing now???

Yes, I think we're going to the drag strip Saturday evening. You can be a spectator or a participant, it's up to you.

Looks like I'm coming alone. Anybody want to split the cost to share a room Saturday night?

JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
I've made "OUR" reservations! $55.00 a nite is great.

...and NO!!! Chuck, I will NOT share a room with you!

Mrs. Galia "JohnF" will be my "cup holder" (and room sharer, BTW) for this event! She could also be my navigator if she knew where the heck in the U.S.A. San Angelo, Texas was located!

We were married on 19 August.

Congrats to you REVIN! Your car deserves it!

We'll see you all then!!!!!!!

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

DARKWING and I will be there. Sharon is a maybe at this point. Our Daughter is expecting in October and for some reason Sharon thinks that is more important that a Fiero gathering, go figure women.

The buzz this weekend at a Saturday dinner and the Sunday meeting of the AAFO was San Angelo and the RUCKUS. I want to caravan down from San Antonio Friday 10/08. If any of our Northern Texas and Oklahoma Fiero Friends want to hook up, lets meet and make it happen.

What a neat sight...a group of Fieros rolling into West Texas.

Thanks Don, Chuck, Blake, Loyde and everyone for making this happen. Chocalate Chip Cookies melting in the West Texas sun, Jennifer~.

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

I want to caravan down from San Antonio Friday 10/08. If any of our Northern Texas and Oklahoma Fiero Friends want to hook up, lets meet and make it happen.

What a neat sight...a group of Fieros rolling into West Texas.

Thanks Don, Chuck, Blake, Loyde and everyone for making this happen. Chocalate Chip Cookies melting in the West Texas sun, Jennifer~.

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker

Just tell us when and where you suggest we meet. We'll "roll" in with you!

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

And steve...that award is JUST TILL you get it finished! ( yeah I know never ) Now a chop and 4.9??? big $$ now huh!

Big $$..??
Naa. I figure I can do the 4.9L for about 600.00total and the chop... well, I just need to do some more bodywork and waaalaaa! I did my chop myself, Thats the cheap way... lol I can't afford Archie!

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~*going 4.9L*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by jscott1:

I probably won't be bringing the chop top. It still needs a lot of work before I show it.

Next year is when we will be our break out year!
:wxtchout: Revin!!

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~*going 4.9L*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:
Blakes is doing the usual indoor games...,

Loyde

I am?

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greeting,

We are confirmed at the Confort Inn! Sharon will get to come with me, life just gets better and better. I will talk to some of the AAFO and see what time they want to depart San Antonio.

Congrats John and best wishes, look foward to meeting her. Sharon and I will buy you both a Margarita West Texas style.

CFOG-I.........Love T-shirts, care less about trophies and plaques. I wear my RRR-1, black T all the time. I for one will be glad to pay extra for a RUCKUS-III T-Shirt. I hope is is as great as the RRR-1. Shoot, I might even buy two.

DARKWING
aka Mike Parker

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
T-shirts????

let me know! I think I can come up with a logo. Kinds, sizes - anyone? I'll check on prices NLT Sat, I think.

Mike, can we caravan there?

I also have our reservations confirmed.

Route? let us know, we'll be there.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to attend this years, since last year I had to work. Hopefully the swap will be complete and all bugs worked out but we will just have to see.
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Okay, y'all, we WILL have t-shirts. That means there is a registration cost, and that has been set at $10 per Fiero. That $10 gets you one shirt. If you want more, let me know. Additional shirts are also $10 each. The shirts will be the only souvenir of the event, so get your size(s) to me at the email address in my profile.

I need to know SOON how many shirts you want and what size they should be.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Cheever I need 2 shirts. XL and whatever size Stimpy needs, I will ask him. Have you heard anything about an Oklahoma group coming down? I havent seen Doug post here, so I do not know. I am unsure if I can make it, but I will definetly take the shirts anyway.

Lonzo

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

There will be a caravan from the San Antonio area Friday 10/08/04, sometime in the eary afternoon. I will post as soon as we lock down the time.

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Guys, Comfort Inn called to remind me that we need 10 rooms confirmed by Sept 24 in order to keep that room rate of $55. All it takes is a phone call.
Comfort Inn
325-944-2578

This is the best rate available in San Angelo for this adequate quality of lodging, this close to the show & shine location.

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Copy of my E-Mail to the AAFO, today

My Fellow Fieroians:

The caravan is set. Friday, October 8, 2004, we will meet in the parking lot of the EXXON at I-10 West and Ralph Fair exit, the exit is number 550 and is also known and marked as the Camp Stanley exit. There is a McDonalds co-located if you want a snack. We will start arriving at 2:00 pm and will hit the road at 3:00pm sharp.

Bring your walkie-talkies, we will gas up and zoom, zoom, zoom. Be sure and pack your smile and lets have a Fun Fiero time. I am sure Heidi and Sharon will have the camera's clicking away.

Please get on PENNOCKS, if you can, and keep the post alive.

Mike Parker

John, and all of our Fiero friends, please feel welcome to meet and join up with the caravan into the West Texas sunset. If you need clearer directions here are my numbers and I will do my best to help.

Looks like you people need to get your rooms booked so we can get the cost locked!!!!!

WORK: 210/492-9690
HOME: 830/336-2928
E-Mail: fierose@gvtc.com

KensCircus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KensCircusSend a Private Message to KensCircusDirect Link to This Post
Suggestion from Heidi and Ken . . . the Austin area group meet the San Antonio area group in Fredericksburg for lunch. Fredericksburg is a more direct crossroads for our routes.

We suggest lunch at The Auslander Restaurant & Biergarten. We have eaten there and it was very good. . . . German cuisine, steaks, seafood, sandwiches and homemade desserts.

What does everyone think . . you too Revin?

Heidi & Ken
87 GT 3.4L 5-speed

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Directions to Comfort Inn and O'Rielly Auto Parts.
From the South & SouthEast: (San Antonio & points south)
From I-10, at Sonora, take US 277 North to San Angelo. Turn north (left) on Hiway 87. Take the Big Lake exit on to West Loop 306. Go approx 6 miles on Loop 306 till you reach Knickerbocker Road. Take Knickerbocker Rd Exit on to frontage road. Comfort Inn is 1/4 mile on the right. O'Rielly's is straight on up the loop, past the Sunset Mall, to Sherwood Way. Turn right on Sherwood Way. O'Rielly's is on the right about 1/8 mile from loop exit.

From the East:
My usual route from Austin is 71 to Llano, & Brady, then 87 thru Eden, to San Angelo. Deer are a definite hazard on this route between Bee Cave & Brady.

From the North. (D/FW area)
I-20 West to Abilene. South on 277 to San Angelo and take Loop 306 West.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KensCircus:

Suggestion from Heidi and Ken . . . the Austin area group meet the San Antonio area group in Fredericksburg for lunch. Fredericksburg is a more direct crossroads for our routes.

We suggest lunch at The Auslander Restaurant & Biergarten. We have eaten there and it was very good. . . . German cuisine, steaks, seafood, sandwiches and homemade desserts.

What does everyone think . . you too Revin?

Heidi & Ken
87 GT 3.4L 5-speed

I think the GREAT Austin fiero club should take Hwy 71 to meet the San Antinio boys in Brady. then if the Dallas boys want to "catch up" they could aim there as well. and we all hold hands into San angelo together !!
I mean we DO live in N austin why go south to go north? .... I just want a nice pull there.
This is just my 1/2 cent on the idea........... of course I will go with the flow

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

revin

8684 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Also when and where do we send the reg in to?

As far as hotel....I thought we were ALL staying at Don's and Jane's place in the back yard?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock