Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  does this look like an ebay scam to you guys? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
does this look like an ebay scam to you guys? by m0sh_man
Started on: 04-20-2004 11:02 AM
Replies: 55
Last post by: SMorris on 08-25-2004 11:43 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474762770&category=33582

then if you view the items that he has purchased.... you will find that he has purchased three sets of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42609&item=2452196478

does anyone else on here think that he is just purchasing the civic coilover kits, splitting them up, then selling them for the fiero at a HUGE profit?

if the civic coilovers fit on the fiero, id be tempted to buy a pair of them from the "coilover" seller, as i have two fiero's.

some input would be great.

matthew

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
yea i'd really like to know to because my car needs some.

Joe Sokol lll

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
haha... what an idiot. he should've used a different account to buy them... at any rate, if you don't cut the stock perch, the honda coilovers should work. They're pretty short though....
AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post
If they work of a Fiero, I wouldn't call it a scam at all...I'd call it good thinking. But knowing what you do now, I'd look at the other auctions for the guy selling the Honda parts. Take what you need for your car, and sell the other two on ebay...
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd call it marketing, not scamming. If the honda coilovers wont work, then I'd call it a scam.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

ds21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ds21Send a Private Message to ds21Direct Link to This Post
I asked if anyone knew about coilovers made for imports or others would work but no one seamed to care.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/039878.html

If they do work I'll be getting some.

ds21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ds21Send a Private Message to ds21Direct Link to This Post

ds21

301 posts
Member since May 2001
I just sent the guy an Email to ask him if they are the same as the honda civic ones, we'll see what he says...if anything at all.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
for 39.99 i might just buy some and see what will happen.... i just want to have the car to be able to stay at stock hieght, or drop down upto 2 inches.

matthew

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ds21:
I asked if anyone knew about coilovers made for imports or others would work but no one seamed to care.

I think it's because when people go for coilovers, they want to ditch the stock perch...

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
but he's packaging a set of orings with them.
PFF
System Bot
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
I knew I had seen those one time. Here is the link to his brothers website--with installation of the struts/coilovers as listed in his description http://www.v8-fiero.com/coilovers.htm

Chris

------------------
'87 2.8v6 5spd

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
I'd be interested in knowing what the spring rate on these coilovers is, but it does look pretty interesting. I agree with ryan.hess - they are pretty short.

Maybe it's just my eyes but the installation on the v-8-fiero web site looks like the struts are pretty much at the top of the adjustment and the car still sits pretty low. I'm in the same boat as mosh_man - I only want 2" drop at most.

And hey, for $40, it might be worth a try!

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
If you want blue coils, check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474158093&category=33582

If you type in "Civic coil over" in the search on Ebay, you'll get about 2 pages of springs starting at $39.95. Just watch you shipping prices. I want to see if these wil work!! Somebody do a build-up thread

Kris

------------------

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Somebody needs to find a 12" spring/coilover replacement that works, and is cheap. Of course, it's too late for me, I already spend $80 on springs from Jegs

Not to move this off topic, but did anyone catch the link at the very bottom of the homepage?

***WARNING*** DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, OR HAVE A HEART CONDITION.
http://www.v8-fiero.com/Tami%20stuff/tami.htm

Not judging anyone or anything... To each his own.

warning added for safe measure

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 04-21-2004).]

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Agreed.. But you coulda warned us.

Maniak84

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Maniak84Send a Private Message to Maniak84Direct Link to This Post
id hit it!
MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
Mosh go ahead and get them. If nothing else they'd make my dad's honda look good!
Matt J
mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Somebody needs to find a 12" spring/coilover replacement that works, and is cheap. Of course, it's too late for me, I already spend $80 on springs from Jegs

Not to move this off topic, but did anyone catch the link at the very bottom of the homepage?

http://www.v8-fiero.com/Tami%20stuff/tami.htm

You need slapped for posting that link without a warning, lmao.

Matt

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Are ya'll telling me that wig person is the guy selling the coilovers?
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post

Don't ask, don't tell!

Originally posted by maryjane:

Are ya'll telling me that wig person is the guy selling the coilovers?

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
well, in 2 weeks when i get back in town from my trip to morgantown WV, ill probably order me a set, i think ill get blue, id prefer white, but i doubt ill find white ones.

matthew

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

Don't ask, don't tell!

That's it!! I've lived too dam* long.....

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
DON"T BUY THESE COIL OVERS FROM HIM!!!! What he's doing is buying a set of 4 for an import for around 1/4 of what he's selling a pair for and splitting them up and charging you and everyone else in the Fiero community a premium. I know - I got a set from him. I have the original box and web site at home for these. I'll post it later today and you can come to your own conclusion.

I read the rest of the thread and yes, those are the coilovers he has been buying and reselling in pairs at a substantial markup. The springs that I got with the kit were 350#. We originally ordered a set of blue ones for Elvira but he claimed they got "crushed by the UPS truck" and returned to him. I got the exact ones is in the picture for the Honda. The Honda ones are the ones that he splits up and yes, they do work...Buy the ones from the original seller and save yourself some $$$$. At first he seemed ok and into Fieros but then, after I found out I got ripped, he wouldn't return my emails. Basically tough $hit...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-21-2004).]

ds21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ds21Send a Private Message to ds21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ds21:

I just sent the guy an Email to ask him if they are the same as the honda civic ones, we'll see what he says...if anything at all.

Here's the Email he sent back:

"I don't know, we sized these for a Fiero from a coil spring manufacturer and order from him. We tried about 30 different sizes and weights and settled on these as the best alternative for ride and support. I autocross on these in a 87 GT with them set almost to the bottom of the adjustment.

There seems to be a lot of cross over on the sizes and lengths, all of them are the same diameter."

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

DON"T BUY THESE COIL OVERS!!!! What he's doing is buying a set of 4 for an import for around 1/4 of what he's selling a pair for and splitting them up and charging you and everyone else in the Fiero community a premium.

Well if you look at his Ebay feedback he bought about 10 wigs in the past 2 weeks! You know wigs and make-up are expensive!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Well if you look at his Ebay feedback he bought about 10 wigs in the past 2 weeks! You know wigs and make-up are expensive!

Yeah right...I found a tab on his web site with him wearing them. I bought mine from his brother but he supposedly got called out to Iraq so I guess the one that wears the wigs is selling them in his place now...

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-21-2004).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ok ok
So the honda springs and adj screw WILL FIT ????????????
with no "special grinding"??

#350 is a good spring rate?

I want them(yes I will get them somewhere else cheaper) I just need to know yes or no
If they are good enough for Chester......

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I do have a quick observation, with the way people are bidding on these, he is going to continue to post them on eBay. His original asking price was only $35 (still a ~$15 mark up from the Honda spings) - but look at the bidders on how they racked up the cost.

Seems not everyone is as cautious with eBay as some of us are. This is not the first time I have seen this as well; everytime I find something I like, I always check the sellers feedback to see if they have bought this from someone else at a cheaper cost (and I have found it at least a dozen other times). Thanks to m0sh_man for pointing this one out, deserves a +

Tim

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
This might be a dumb question, but is the spring rate indicated by the color? I've seen mention above of the red, blue and white springs. The seller replied to me this AM saying the springs are 450# and that there is enough adjustment in them to go all the way from stock ride height to almost having the cradle resting on the ground.

...I bought mine from his brother but he supposedly got called out to Iraq ...

LOL! Maybe this is the same person!! "Shawn can't come to the phone right now, but his sister Shawna is here."

Seriously, though.. There was a link to that v8-fiero site in one of the recent V8 threads. As I recall, the poster said it was their brother's site and that they were the girl in some of the pics. Anyone remember that post, it was in the last week or two.

[This message has been edited by Stinkin_V8 (edited 04-21-2004).]

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
so do they work front and back or just front or just back?
PFF
System Bot
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
+ for you mosh_man for a good find.

Kris

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, +'s are always welcomed

Im just waiting for chester to reply back to see if he was happy with the ride and adjustment on them, If so, ill get a set of them for my 85GT and 87GT, kill two birds for $39.95 plus shipping

chester, will these coilovers let them go from stock clear down to the ground? i want something that will give me 1-2" of lowering, If they cant go all the way up to stock thats fine, but if its more than 2" of lowering at its highest point, i dont want a set.

hopefully this will save the forum members alot of money in the long run.

matthew

Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Maniak84:

id hit it!

That's absolutely a guy....you know that right..???!!!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by riley:

so do they work front and back or just front or just back?

Just for the back...

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
just a thought but you can buy the civic kit just for the spring perches then just order the right spring lengths and stiffnesses for the best ride from another place ... forgot where, for about 15$ a pop
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Thanks guys, +'s are always welcomed

Im just waiting for chester to reply back to see if he was happy with the ride and adjustment on them, If so, ill get a set of them for my 85GT and 87GT, kill two birds for $39.95 plus shipping

chester, will these coilovers let them go from stock clear down to the ground? i want something that will give me 1-2" of lowering, If they cant go all the way up to stock thats fine, but if its more than 2" of lowering at its highest point, i dont want a set.

hopefully this will save the forum members alot of money in the long run.

matthew

Well, I haven't used the entire setup yet. I used the springs in the front of mine since I had 300# and these were 350#. Worked out great there. The sleeve lenght is the same as what I currently have on the back of my car so they will allow the amount of adjustment that your looking for and then some...The adjustment nuts have allen head lock screws which is nice. What you would want to do is trim off the spring pearch on the strut, leaving about an 1/8 - 1/4 inch lip. Slide over the sleeve with the o-rings and adjustment nut, slide over your spring, put on hat at the top and reassemble. It's an easy job. Hope this helps you guys!

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post

I used the springs in the front of mine since I had 300# and these were 350#.

Do you mean you used the 350# springs from the kit to replace the stock Fiero front springs? Or did you mean since your stock spring rate was so close you didn't change your fronts?

Have I got this right - the red coils are 450# and the blue are 350#?

David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
Before you buy a set, make sure you stock strut diameter isn't too big for the coilover sleave. I did a quick measurement today and found that the strut was 1/4 larger then the ID of the sleave.

What are the rear stock springs rated at anyways?

[This message has been edited by David Bartlett (edited 04-22-2004).]

Mark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSend a Private Message to MarkDirect Link to This Post
What is the ID of the sleeves in this kit?

How do you know the spring rate is 350# ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock