Looking for pics of spintech exhaust by joeschmotty
Started on: 06-05-2004 01:45 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: joeschmotty on 06-11-2004 12:59 AM
joeschmotty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
ive been digging in the archives and cant find a single picture of a spintech muffler setup anywhere. i have been to nearly every exhaust shop around my area and cant find anyone that will put it in there due to the tight fit from the frame to the heat shield as well as getting the pipe bent for the tips to come back out. can anybody that has this setup show me some detailed pics of how the piping was ran and how you got it to fit up in there? i can stick it in there but they just dont seem to think it has enough clearance without rattling real bad if they put it there. thanks.

------------------
joeschmotty
red '86 gt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
If I can find my camera I'll take a pic of it later. LoL

Basically the mufler is right where the trunk and engine meets. It's a really loud exhaust too, much louder then a magnaflow, and some of the flowmasters.

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
Give me about 15 minutes and I'll post a pic for you. I was just getting ready to jack the car up for some maintenance.

------------------

www.fieroexcitement.com
www.azfieros.com
AzFieros Phoenix Area Event Coordinator / Webmaster

"You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post

RBeaubien

775 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Here you go. Its the best I could do with it installed in the car:

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Will it sound good on 2.8's ?

------------------
I am the owner of an original yellow 1988 pontiac fiero GT, (wingless) bought it with 95k miles, i got a heavy right foot, 3rd owner and a very proud also....

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
I would imagine it will sound close to stock on a 2.8. The 3800 sounds just a little deeper than the stock 2.8. It is not a deep sound like the flowmasters.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
So what is so special about this exhaust?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Loud? I used a 331SC and it wasn't loud at all. Certainly not as loud as a Flowmaster.
RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

So what is so special about this exhaust?

The spintech muffler is a low backpressure muffler and is a good compliment for the 3800 SC engine I have. It is NOT loud, in fact, it sounds stock until the supercharger whine lets itself be known. I like it cause most think the engine is stock till they try to race me. :-)

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
when they installed my spintech they had to cut off most of the inlet and outlets of the muffler to fit it. I have Monza resonator tips on it also but im taking them off because they already rusted out. at regualr cruising speed it sounds good, not real loud but when you rev it up it sounds real good, had a friend at his house when i drove by tell me it was real loud

------------------

Carbed 2.9 engine build in progress. forged pistons, crane cam, fully balanced, ARP bolts, double roller timing chain and more
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
West Coast Fiero has pics of them on their website.
PFF
System Bot
joeschmotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
RBeaubien - thank you a whole lot! the actual pipe that seems to be one of the most problems is the pipe labeled one here. two is the piping part im seeming to have trouble convincing people to make.

is there any chance i could get you to go back out there sometime soon and get some pictures not quite as close to the muffler, maybe just one pic of the setup from farther away? i guess this would be pretty hard though if youre just jacking up your car. anyway, these are great and should help plenty i hope. i am especially glad to have the one where it shows your actual clearance on each side of the muffler. thanks again.

Formula88 - i was actually looking for pics of the muffler on the car without WCF's catback system, but thanks for trying to help out!

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
What is the cost of it?
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
We had no problems getting a muffler shop to bend up our tail pipes on our Spintech. It's fairly loud, IMHO, but Chris seems to like it just fine. The outlets in this picture will be a little different than what you'll have because it's set up to exit on the Finale, but it's still pretty close.

John Stricker

HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGDirect Link to This Post
John Stricker:
Yours looks like you were able to keep the Spintech inlets/outlets. Are you also keeping the trunk intact?
Harry
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Harry,

We did have the trunk intact with this setup in the Finale, yes, and we did keep the Spintech inlets and outlets.

John Stricker

Originally posted by HarryG:

John Stricker:
Yours looks like you were able to keep the Spintech inlets/outlets. Are you also keeping the trunk intact?
Harry

RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2004 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post
Here is the best I could do in that area:

Hope that helps.

joeschmotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
thanks a lot! that helps plenty. i may just be able to get it done tomorrow because of your pics! updates when it happens...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock