Started on: 05-14-2004 01:58 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 05-16-2004 05:47 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, the guy just dropped off the Fieros and one doesnt have a trunk key and is dead as a door nail. It does have a pwr trunk release. Ed Parks told me once that he uses a 9 volt battery, removes the switch and jumps 2 terminals. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Steven

------------------
'02 Subaru WRX, 5MT, Loaded, "free mods", Green induction, Vishnu silicone hoses & ECM, Gutted up-pipe, Halman ES MBC @ 15.5psi, JDM STi guage cluster, EGT/02 fix.
'88 Fiero Formula 5-speed, Loaded, Sunroof, YELLOW! EBC Green stuff pads, Poly everything, Bridgestone Potenza RE930's, K&N, Sprint headers, Cat elim, T/B coolant elim, Dickman UGSK w/ comp short throw shifter, KYB's and the list continues.....
'87 Fiero GT 4.9/4T60e w/3.33 final drive, ZEX nitrous 65hp shot, 88 cradle w/ 325# coil overs, Poly everything, Upgraded sway bars, KYB's, 16X7 M11's, 11.25 "Zettner" front brakes, Complete MSD ignition w/ 6AL box, Custom 2.5" Flowmaster exhaust, Grand Sport Corvette paint, Carbon fiber interior trim, '98 T/A CD w/ ETR, Reverse Indiglo guages, Pillar mounted AutoMeter O2, Hella H4 conversion.
Follow its built up here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/027460.html
Sadly... SOLD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
He likely means the back terminals of the switch in the dash.

All you need to do is apply 12v with a cigarette jack thru the lighter socket. Or cables.

summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
Pull the cover under the dash/steering wheel, find the relay for the trunk release and touch 12v to wire going to the decklid release solenoid.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2004 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Adding a 12 volt source through the cigarette lighter plug is the easiest as it supplies power throughout the main wiring harness that will allow you to open the trunk.
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Using a battery charger and a screwdriver, I put the negative end to the door hinge and the postive end on the screwdriver like a probe. Turn the charger on, then stick your head under the dash and find the fusebox. You'll see a spot marked "BAT". Touch the screwdriver there and pop that trunk!!!

------------------

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post
Ed was probably talking about the two terminals on the left side of the connector, that are vertically aligned, I currently don't have a decklid switch (broke it, new one in the mail from FieroStore) and I use two screwdrivers in those terminals to open the decklid. And to clairfy, my car's lock cylinder was removed forcefully by the previous owner, and then I got the car painted and the body shop guy said to just fill it in...so we did. Otherwise I'd just use the key.

------------------

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Wow, these cars are JACKED up. I have a 88GT, 86GT and a 87v6 w/ a 308GTB kit on it. The 86GT has some nice 17's on it, Eibachs, ST front and rear sway bars, poly everything, KYB's, Archie hood and some of those intergrated rocker scoopy thingy's! The car is pretty much junk but I get to keep it after I remove the engine/trans to install into the 308. Too bad I cant use any of the suspension stuff. I am gonna strip it when I get back from the US and sell it off. I already put the hood and wing on my formula.
I'll post picks of them tomorrow. Thanks for the replys. The harness' in the 308 and 86 are mangled so I had to pry off the vents (didnt break!) unbolt the decklid and trunk latch to gain access. What fun!

Steven

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock