Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Firebird interior done! by Wholf
Started on: 04-25-2004 09:25 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Wholf on 05-02-2004 10:49 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

WOW! Thanks Rob... You know I almost beat you to that Targa... Had everything set up with Bill to go to Florida around the 1st of April to have it done. However family issues prevented me from doing it.

So I heard. Hope things clear up for you in the future....

IP: Logged
Wholf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Chester, since you have had time to put some mileage on it, how does it feel??
Does the chasis seem as strong as it was before the mod? I had some concerns about about them having to have the lower body panels removed (which mine don't) to weld in the frame. Bill said he could probably work around it with just the inner fender wells removed. The next time I make it to Florida to see my Dad, I am going to stop in at B&B and talk to Bill some more. I will have to re-gather the funds, but it would sure look sweet.
By the way I am going to be a GrandFather in August, so yea I guess everything is settled for now.
Are you going to WheatStock in June? I would really like to see your car, and how everything came out.
Thanks for everything....
Harold
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wholf:

For those that have asked how the upholstery shop capped my door panels here are some pictures to use as reference....

These panels look great...even with the last minute addition of the screws. That's the look I'm going for with the next set I do.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Roy, the below picture is what inspired me to go with the color scheme on the interior. It is out of a BMW Z3 M class roadster. I had another picture of it, but I can't find it. The only thing I would really like to do with the red on the dash is get rid of some of the shine it has. I haven't found a dull coat that would hold up as of yet, but I am still looking.

The neat thing about modifing a car is you can do what YOU like. Like power steering (shhhh.. did I say that out loud? )

As far as reducing the sheen... You may have to purchase the red paint/die and add a flattening agent. I do this for first generation Firebirds and Camaros... 80% paint & 20% flattener. You can experiment with very small amounts to get it just right then mix what you need and shoot it on. The paint and body supply store should help you match the red color then you can add the agent and spray it. Easy stuff.

Congratulations again. Gotta love those F-bird interiors.

Roy

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Your interior looks awesome. I second the short shifter suggestion. The one you have in there does not go with the Ferrari look.
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Roy, maybe one day I will get around to that... And yes you did say that out loud

Avengador1, I am intending on making the shifter shorter. That is Rodney's Standard looking auto shifter, which won't be a problem to cut down.
Just got to find the time to do the little tweaks before WheatStock.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
What is really cool about this is that unlike some other rebodies when you look at the interior on this one you have practically no idea that it was a Fiero at all unless you looked really close like under the dash or something.
Very well done!
I love that look. Things that make you go..Hmmmm...
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

What is really cool about this is that unlike some other rebodies when you look at the interior on this one you have practically no idea that it was a Fiero at all unless you looked really close like under the dash or something.
Very well done!
I love that look. Things that make you go..Hmmmm...

Thanks,, never thought of it that way...... Hmmmmmm

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

when you look at the interior on this one you have practically no idea that it was a Fiero at all

True, I hate when you look in a rebody and it's standard Fiero interior...

Still I can tell this is a Fiero chassis...those pieces of rubber on the ends of the door panels are a dead giveaway

(After you have spent hours starting at the door jamb they are like old friends)

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

(After you have spent hours starting at the door jamb they are like old friends)

Yea! or old enemies.....

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
AS I said on the last thread.. "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Interior Mod!!"

Also thanks for the Texas Fieros web site info!!

The Ikon

------------------
85' Fiero 5spd notchback

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bigtime1911/album?.tok=phlWNyABDV9Lapf.&.dir=/2a9c &.src=ph

65' Karmann Ghia
http://photos.yahoo.com/the_ikon1911

Jaguar XJ8 L
Audi A6 Quattro
Jeep CJ7
Lexus SC 400 *Best car ever RIP

[This message has been edited by The_Ikon (edited 04-29-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

AS I said on the last thread.. "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Interior Mod!!"

Also thanks for the Texas Fieros web site info!!

The Ikon

No problem Ikon, I hope you found what you were looking for...

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyDirect Link to This Post
That looks awesome! I love how well the console is blended in, and you have a cup holder!

Can't wait to see it painted, wish I could make it to a show once you're done with it. Gave you a +.

Jay
'87 Silver SE V6 5sp
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota S-Runner

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jayguy:

That looks awesome! I love how well the console is blended in, and you have a cup holder!

Can't wait to see it painted, wish I could make it to a show once you're done with it. Gave you a +.

Thanks Jay... If you can make it to WheatStock, it will be their along with at least two other 308's that I know of.

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Do you have pics of the center console?
Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AznFiero:

Do you have pics of the center console?

If you don't see what you are looking for in my photo gallery (link is in signature) let me know what you are wanting and I will take a shot of what you are looking for.

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap Wolf!

Awsome job! simply stunning!

------------------
-Monkey

9 Fieros....help

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Holy crap Wolf!

Awsome job! simply stunning!

Thanks FieroMonkey.... Aren't you the one with the prototype?? If so, how is that project going?

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C