Pictures of "shaved" fieros by Beene
Started on: 01-13-2004 12:40 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: 1986GTV8 on 04-22-2004 02:20 PM
B&BSpyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

This car is dying to have some bigger, shinnier wheels!

It's owner is dying for some too
Joyce

IP: Logged
destroy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for destroyClick Here to visit destroy's HomePageSend a Private Message to destroyDirect Link to This Post
i wish i had smaller wheels...

I bought 18s and tires are going to kill me!

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Joyce, would you happen to have some front shots, or maybe even build up series of those Grand Prix lights?
With every post, i start to respect you more and more for the work that you do, it is of the highest quality and image, where have you been this whole time?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
B&B...

Are you guy's trying to be as famous as Archie is..??

Keep up the great work!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

Joyce, would you happen to have some front shots, or maybe even build up series of those Grand Prix lights?
With every post, i start to respect you more and more for the work that you do, it is of the highest quality and image, where have you been this whole time?

We have been hiding down here in Florida for quite some time, thus the reason we play with the tops so much, what better place to be "topless" We work with the Fieros a lot but also have a custom paint and body shop and do full mechanical, not just the Fieros although they do seem to be taking over the shop
We did not do a build up on the car while it was being done because the body work and paint was completed in about three weeks, Bill decided last minute to do it for the Daytona show, it was already a convertible. The lights are actually bonded into a spare bumper we had at the shop, here is a front shot.

------------------

B&BSpyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for B&BSpyderClick Here to visit B&BSpyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to B&BSpyderDirect Link to This Post

B&BSpyder

104 posts
Member since Oct 2003

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

B&B...

Are you guy's trying to be as famous as Archie is..??

Keep up the great work!!

I don't know about famous, we just like playing with cars

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
What is the best way to fill the slots on the doors?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, Looking to ad a 93 Northstar soon
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
Nextel 2 way is 111*32*19163

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
nobody knows the best way......

Heres one of the most comun ways. I talked to my uncle who has owned an auto body for 30 years and he said this would be a very good way to do it:

1) Grind down the moulding so it is flush with the door panel

2) Depending on what is left after the grinding, if needed use a pice of plastic with tons of small holes in it to somewhat fill the hole

3) Use drywall screws to hold it

4) Using fiberglass resin and schreded fiberglass mat (like hairs about 1" long), fill in the remaining gaps

5) Sand with a medium coarse paper to remove areas with way to much fiberglass, Sand with a medium paper to "level out" you work area, Sand with a medium fine paper to smooth out your work area

6) Using Bondo-Glass or a similar "kitty hair", create a "skin coat" about 1mm thick over all you work area

7) Sand with a FINE paper to SMOOTH out and minor imperfections (with a FLAT sanding block of equivalant) trust me, if you sand with your hands, you will end up with waves on your surface that are near invisible untill after paint is done!!
Steps 6 and 7 can be repeated several times untill you have no dimples or waves and a perfectly flat surface. *Try using a ruler placed horizontally on your work surface to determine how good it is

I'm going to post this in Tech with some diagrams shortly......

------------------
---

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
^^ Thats one way... Great Explaining Silva...
There are several different way's for shaving the Fiero...
Mine's been shaved COMPLETELY for over 2 year's and NO CRACK'S yet...!!

SmoothGT!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

destroy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for destroyClick Here to visit destroy's HomePageSend a Private Message to destroyDirect Link to This Post
'NotAFieroAnyLonger' --- do you have any higher resolution pictures of your car?
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2004 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Silva that is exactly how I did mine and the sanding was the hardest part to level it off,here is a link to a pic of it on another site.http://groups.msn.com/FieroCaddySwapGroup/mastertunerakimoto45rsr.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=555
PFF
System Bot
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Look here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031110-1-025942.html & scroll down to the midle of the thread for info & pics.

Good to hear that this mod is becoming popular.

John

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock