Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FPB 355 nose - detailed views (many pix) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FPB 355 nose - detailed views (many pix) by yellowstone
Started on: 01-11-2004 06:51 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: Phil on 05-07-2004 11:13 AM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

after all this discussion about 355 noses I decided to go down to the garage, uncover my sleeping beauty and take some detailed pix to satisfy everybody's curiosity. I have highlighted in red where I think there are imperfections. Again, this is not to rubbish the product - I am very happy and would recommend it to anyone.

1. A left side view (drivers view).

2. Another left side view: Note the areas indicated by the arrows.

3. Front view: Note how the right side is slightly longer than the left (arrows) and how the grille is skewed to the right.

4. Top view. Note arrows.

5. Top right view: Note the great fit of hood lines and gaps!

6. Right view: Note the better fit than on the left side.

7. Another right side view: Nice, eh? :-)

That's all, folks. Note how Songman writes in thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036915.html that Stefan has been modifying the nose several times since mine was made. I think it's a beautiful product and it should be even better now.

Cheers!

Yellowstone

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
is it possible that the side that looks a little out of whack could be out of allingment? couldnt the frame have twisted a little to cause that? just a thought

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see one on a car here in the US
SilverStarFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverStarFieroSend a Private Message to SilverStarFieroDirect Link to This Post
Who makes those? It looks like a ferrari!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SilverStarFiero:

Who makes those? It looks like a ferrari!

Fiero Performance Bayern (FPB) in Germany makes them. www.fiero-performance.com. PFF Member Songman wanted to bring them to the US - don't know the status of that.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com

yello86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 197
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yello86seSend a Private Message to yello86seDirect Link to This Post
I have seen all the arguments. Thsi si not a flame whatsoever to anyone . that being said,,,,I really like Twin Lakes 355. The nice thing with the german one is the way you can use the moulding..
I think bob nose lines look good also with the hood

yello86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 197
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yello86seSend a Private Message to yello86seDirect Link to This Post

yello86se

646 posts
Member since Feb 2003

The FB one is great also. I jsut wanted to point out that twin lakes fit good also. Twin lakes was the only one I liked that was available at the time.. TH FB one loks awesome with the side moulding,, but I didnt want to go for that loook, I liked the flush look.

I guess it is each to his own.. We just need an argument over this like the last thread. It appears to me that both Tiwn lakes and FB are great fiero parts vendors.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Fiero Performance Bayern (FPB) in Germany makes them. www.fiero-performance.com. PFF Member Songman wanted to bring them to the US - don't know the status of that.

Thanks for bringing this back up, Kolja. Stefan is going to send pictures showing the improvements in comparison to the earlier nose.

We are definitely going to bring these to the US! As mentioned in the other thread, As soon as the new pictures are posted on fiero-performance.com I am going to open ordering for two weeks. This will be the first bulk shipment. Hopefully, we will be able to do this same thing maybe once a month or something, depending on how many people are actually interested.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com - New mods for your Fiero from Fiero Performance Bayern in Germany

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap! The German nose looks great! Way better than Twin Lakes IMHO.....But hey if you like Twin Lakes you could start your OWN thread about it...
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
The German nose is VERY good looking! Any estimates on shipping costs yet Songman? Just wondering what it's going to cost with shipping and all. Need to start saving my pennies.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 01-11-2004).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The projected cost at this point is $550, which includes shipping from Germany to the US. Unless you are close enough to pick it up, you would need to add shipping from CA to your location.

The Pisa nose is $495 plus shipping so this nose is really not that much more. Pisa does include the orange front marker lights though. The lights in the FPB nose are a two-part clear foglight/turn signal combo. These are not included because of cost, but can be obtained by the buyer.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 01-11-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
As promised... Pictures of the newer version FPB 355 nose from Stefan... These pictures are of a car completed in December.
My opinion - Let Pisa try to compete with this one!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 01-11-2004).]

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that nose in red looks amazing...
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Yes- That looks really nice! I think the yellow looks good and just needed tweaking. Well, it looks like is has been fixed. Maybe I'll buy another Fiero to put that on!

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 turbo on the way....
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
question answered in another thread.

[This message has been edited by Slater_334 (edited 01-11-2004).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Well..I'm sold for sure. Need to save my $$ now. Where do we get the lights from once we get the bumper?
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

As promised... Pictures of the newer version FPB 355 nose from Stefan... These pictures are of a car completed in December.
My opinion - Let Pisa try to compete with this one!

i don't think pisa is really trying to compete. They have a set "model" and are just sticking to it. But what will start to make that nose there more popular is if you can get the price down! That's where pisa has you guys by the balls right now.

-Coop

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We're only $60 more than them... Our nose is better construction (mandatory 6kph crash test certification required by the German gov't), matches the lines of the Fiero better, and we have the Stage II already and Stage III with kevlar reinforcement coming out soon.. I don't think they really have anything on us.

Honestly, I am not downing the Pisa nose. I want as many manufacturers making stuff for Fieros as possible. Admittedly, everyone will not be able to afford FPB parts. It is good that there are less expensive alternatives out there. On the 355 noses, I no longer think price is an issues.

FieroMaster.. The round lights are by Hella. I have the part number for them. The upper lights are Ford Scorpio lights. Those may be a little tougher to find in this country but I do believe Hella also makes a version for those as well.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 01-12-2004).]

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
but like you said before, 550 is only a project price...so we wont see till we finally get some over here. I'm not trying to down your product either cause i have the pisa nose. I like it a lot actually becuase of the clear euro lights and would like a replacement for my nose because it's starting to crack away (a$$hole driver hit my car in the parking lot and just ran). But we'll have to see when you guys actually start getting some over here....i'm not exactly ready to lay down another 550 bucks on another nose

-Coop

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Very Nice, I'm kicking myself now. That is one sweet nose, I gotta have one.

I like the way it uses the Fiero molding continuing the line body line.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Question for Songman: Quote... Our nose is better construction (mandatory 4kph crash test certification required by the German gov't), matches the lines of the Fiero better, and we have the Stage II already and Stage III with kevlar reinforcement coming out soon.. I don't think they really have anything on us.

What is the 4kph crash test? how much stronger than others?

Anyway for that reason alone I would rather pay the $60 difference. Just my $.2

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
For the Stage I 355 nose, the price is $550 plus shipping from CA to you... No longer a projected price. That is the price... I didn't think you were running it down, coop. Anyone should ask questions before a big purchase. I just try to supply answers.

Curly, there are really no crash certifications at all on US fiberglass products. I can't say that it is really a bad thing.. There are just no requirements in this country for aftermarket fiberglass products to go through crash tests.

In Germany, aftermarket parts have to pass a 6 kph crash standard. I misspoke earlier and said 4 kph. 6 kph converts to around 4 mph. Factory vehicles come with a 5 mph bumper, so the FPB bumper is pretty close to what a factory vehicle comes with over here.

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
what is its weight? size L by W by H? i would like to figure what i would take to ship to fl.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slater_334:

what is its weight? size L by W by H? i would like to figure what i would take to ship to fl.

Good question! That I have no idea of yet! The size would be the same as a stock Fiero fascia. The weight I will get from Stefan, but I assume would be more than the stock fascia.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
The german nose looks shorter than the other 355 noses I have seen. (maybe you guys could measure the lenght and compare!)
That's the main reason why it is looking better I guess, the others are just toooo long.
Plus I like the stock sidemarkers still there..
FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I really like this nose, but what about those of us who want to keep the two-tone with silver around the bottom? I haven't seen any cars with the original two tone scheme with this style nose, but I know that a good painter could probably carry the line from under the door to the nose and make it look good. Maybe someone could photoshop the silver in around the bottom to see what it would look like.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

From The Netherlands. I haven't seen that car in real life. Looks like Innovation's 355 nose, much like Pisa's nose. But more expensive!

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 01-12-2004).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Here's a quickie... The front end could take different treatments depending on where you chose to paint I guess...

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

We are definitely going to bring these to the US! As mentioned in the other thread, As soon as the new pictures are posted on fiero-performance.com I am going to open ordering for two weeks. This will be the first bulk shipment. Hopefully, we will be able to do this same thing maybe once a month or something, depending on how many people are actually interested.

Songman,
Any hope of actually being able to order these? I'd place my order today if I could.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-26-2004).]

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
i'm saving up....

-Coop

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
this german 355 nose actually looks pretty good. all others i think look like crap because they're longer than the whole fiero its being put on. still, i wouldnt buy one but its a much better looking design
PFF
System Bot
AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn coop! you need another 355 nose?? haha, cant make up your mind can ya?

I wonder if the Fierostore will steal the molding and make there own? They seem to "borrow" alot of other popular fiero products...

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2004 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I started fitting mine tonight it is an original by Danny Patton will post some pics as soon as it is finished.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I am seriously in need of a new facia...I would really like to get the FPB 355, but if its not available soon I'll have to settle for one of the others.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

From The Netherlands. I haven't seen that car in real life. Looks like Innovation's 355 nose, much like Pisa's nose. But more expensive!

It looks like its smiling... freaking me out.

------------------
"As we live on, we lose a little bit more. Shrouded in falsehoods and lies, we stand frozen to the spot, unable to cry out" - Deep Forest

3800FORMULAGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800FORMULAGTSend a Private Message to 3800FORMULAGTDirect Link to This Post
thats pimp
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

I started fitting mine tonight it is an original by Danny Patton will post some pics as soon as it is finished.

That did not take very long now did it

------------------

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieroshttp://www.centralfloridafieros.com

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
The FB nose is definitely shorter than the others available. I also noticed that the side view of the FB nose shows that the angle of descent is far superior to the other makes. Just look at the side of a PISA or similar nose mounted on a Fiero compared to the Fiero Barn. I agree that the $60 increase is negligible. I would pay if that was the look I was going for. Not to mention the 4 mph crash rating, the clear corners, the better line contours, and the addittion of the side molding.
StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
Since I cant PM you for some reason, Songman
I was just wondering what do you think Stefan would charge for that 355 nose regular, if I met him in Germany. I live in Michigan but visit family in the Netherlands, and I want one of those wonderful noses.. I could get shipping from my familys company in the Netherlands for free is why I wonder....

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, 17" 245-40's, "RWD" V6SC>V8 ;)

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I keep waiting for Songman to chime in and let us know if/when the 355 nose will come available. I really really need a new facia. I'd hate to settle for one of the others.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock