Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Minneapolis WOW Show ... (not dial up friendly) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Minneapolis WOW Show ... (not dial up friendly) by Tina
Started on: 03-29-2004 02:31 AM
Replies: 52
Last post by: Archie on 04-02-2004 09:20 PM
Tina

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Curious...what was the over-all reaction from the public when viewing the Fiero's? +/-?

I'd say more in the positive than negative, having some high quality Fieros helped a lot.
I know I got my fair of stupid questions,
the usual fire hazard > we just beat them over the head with the stats
plastic cars > the bare Fiero helped a lot there.
death traps > Chester's photos pretty much settled that.

Most stupid question directed towards me ...Is that a 6 cylinder? Nahhh, a nine.
Can't you see the 9 sparkplug wires coming off the distributor.

Most unexpected thing ... somebody asked me whether he could take a picture of me and the car.
Only to return the next day with an 18 X 24 print and just handed it to me.
..."Thought you like to have a picture of you and your car".

Most nerve wrecking thing
Arriving Thursday evening at the show, only to find out that the equipment rental place you rented your display carpet from, closed at five. Two hours ago.

Biggest compliment
From one of their judges ...Girl, we don't give out awards for Exhaust notes.
But if we did, it would of been yours.

Most stupid thing I managed to do
Marking my spot on the concrete floor with the literature received when checking in and then rolling the carpet out,
forgetting the stuff is under the carpet.
...Light bulb ... Ah ha, that why those stupid mirror tiles won't lay flat.

Most helpful thing
Kev running for me to the local home improvement store during the middle of the show, to get some more mirror tiles.

Best customer service thing
Rob taking my Show poster order over the phone on Monday and finding a gorgeous
show poster laying on top of my car Thursday at the show.

Most annoying but still very much likeable guy
Tim a.k.a. Fiero STS ...For stopping by at least 5 or 6 times a day. If he keeps going at this rate sooner or later I will believe the North* is the better engine swap.

Biggest "attitude turn around"
Girl with the 02 Vette, I met the evening before the awards at a meeting held by the hosting club. Seemed nice.
Only to turn out to be sore loser when I attempted to congratulate her on her win at her 1st car show.
Guess it's alright to beat Fieros in shows, but not acceptable to be beaten by one.

Funniest thing...
Forgive me Shawn, but hearing them announce you as Shannon. LOL

Biggest Whiner
The guy with the yellow GT.
...when they do not call your name to get trophy, whining to a judge about it will not reverse that fact.

And
Best "As seen on TV" gadget that actually turned out to to the things it claimed it could
The rechargeable vacuum I got at Walgreen's.
With the black carpet, tons of foot traffic, pop corn and nacho "droppings" from the spectators and no electrical outlet.
Best thing since sliced bread.

IP: Logged
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

...when they do not call your name to get trophy, whining to a judge about it will not reverse that fact.

Every show has 'em.
Way to go, Tina! And way to show!

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Those are Enkei Shoguns

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/1564

Dashers brother has a set with 7 spokes instead of 5.. they are pretty pimpish

James Z

------------------

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SplineZ:
Those are Enkei Shoguns

Score! You get a +!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Wow! Great pics! Thanks Tina
Congrats to everyone.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Best customer service thing
Rob taking my Show poster order over the phone on Monday and finding a gorgeous
show poster laying on top of my car Thursday at the show.

Glad I could help in a time of need!

Funniest thing...

LMAO... wish I could've seen that one!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SplineZ:

Those are Enkei Shoguns

Actually they are call the " Centerline Sport " I cant tell you how many times I've had to work on that thing

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Funniest thing...

Actually Tina.................they announced it as " Sharon " even worse, it was the way they had it written on the entry card...............IDIOTS !!!

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
FYI

I still have all the pic's shown here and more in the orignal size on my PC.
(Jeff, I got a ton of yours)
Anybody interested in having them, shot me a PM with an E-mail address to sent them to.

Tina

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Actually Tina.................they announced it as " Sharon " even worse, it was the way they had it written on the entry card...............IDIOTS !!!

Heck ...look at the bright side.
Still better than having her announce you as "Cooter",
and you acknowledging you respond to it by standing up and accepting your award with a name like that.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Great job guys/gals. Curious...what was the over-all reaction from the public when viewing the Fiero's? +/-?
It's nice to see the Stinger again, i guess it's in good hands? Was this the Stinger's first showing there?

Yes, this was the "Stinger's" offical un-veiling and Minnesota debut. The entertainment it provided was well worth the cost of entry. I would have the car half paid off if I would have received a dollar for every "Holy Sh*t! "WoW!", "Cool!", "Jesus!",
"Sweet!", "Look at that, It has an LT1!","Suicide Doors?" This just sitting back at the table and reading lips and expressions. The people with dumb expressions on their faces and the light coming on once they realized what they were looking at. The suicide doors caused just as much interest as the LT1. The Chevy people seemed to appreciate it. One of the more memorible comments: P-O-N-T-I-A-C, "Poor Old Nerd Thinks Its A Corvette!" I guess I'm an old nerd, and proud of it.

All comments were very positive except one Corvette guy (t-shirt & hat) looked , stuck his nose in the air, and walked away. I had a Ford guy, (t-shirt said "Hey Chevy Boy, Bite Me! (FORD) oval), that back pedaled and commented it was a very nice car. If the Stinger had as many fingers pointing out of it, as it did at it, it would look like a porcpine. Lots of pictures being taken of it. The older 'hot-rodders seemed to like the chop and doors.

Overall, the response was 99% very positive on our cars. You had a few fire comments and crash worthiness jerks but that was about it. A lot of people enjoyed the bare Fiero and it created a good conversation starter. I had one guy, who had never seen or heard of a Fiero, ask who built it for Pontiac. A lot of people stopped and talked about having one in the gargage, shed, etc. that they hadn't run in years. Low mileage yet. We seemed to create a lot of interest in our Spring Kickoff on May 15th.

I am looking very forward to competing in alot of non-Fiero car shows with it. ..... Jeff .

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 03-30-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
TTT.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

The entertainment it provided was well worth the cost of entry. I would have the car half paid off if I would have received a dollar for every "Holy Sh*t! "WoW!", "Cool!", "Jesus!",
"Sweet!", "Look at that, It has an LT1!","Suicide Doors?" This just sitting back at the table and reading lips and expressions. The people with dumb expressions on their faces and the light coming on once they realized what they were looking at. The suicide doors caused just as much interest as the LT1. The Chevy people seemed to appreciate it.

..... Jeff .

Yeah, been there. It's kinda neat hearing all the comments isn't it? I like sitting back & reading lips & expressions, it's really fun at the Chevy/Vettefest type shows. A group of 'Vette guys (shirts & hats) come down the isle & see the Fiero from a distance & tend to wander to the other side of the isle (& the lips read "what the heck is a Fiero doing at a Chevy show?"). As they get accross the isle one of them notices the LT1 intake in there. Then he says out loud, "Hey guys commere & check this out".

The only thing wrong with you showing it at this Minneapolis show is that you have only posted a couple of pics. We wanna see pics of all the cars from all angles.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock