Big Hole, Small CD Player by neghcho
Started on: 02-15-2004 12:21 AM
Replies: 22
Last post by: Silentassassin185 on 02-17-2004 01:27 AM
neghcho

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
What kind of adapters have you guys found to put a standard sized cd player into a fiero? There were some at walmart but they center the cd player and make it one big piece of plastic which looks pretty bad. Anyone found anything that puts cd player say ontop, then makes a little change drawer, or something underneath it to fill the space?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm......I got a double den w/cassette and cd player. Problem solved.

------------------

neghcho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
I do too, but i'm ready to replace it.
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
1997 saturn sl has double din size and radio in top and bay below, piece of plastic bay below, which you could slide a cuople of cds into, and it pops out with plastic fasteners, might be compatable, i know i own a saturn......try ?....
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
negcho-did you get the bra?
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
i'm not sure if yer gonna find something like that. i've owned a quite a few GM cars and all have the same radio and opening and i've never seen something like that. it actually doesn't look as bad as you think after ya get it all installed in my opinion. my 2000 Z24 had a bigger radio and this however did have the radio positioned on top with a small compartment underneath but you couldn't put anything in there cause it was either completely level or actually pointing down toward you and anything you put in there would become airborn upon most take-offs. you could possilbly try a car audio place that can get custom things like that, only thing i can think of.
Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
The best one I've seen is from a couple of stock GM cars. It has a slide out cupholder on the top.

------------------

AIM: PontiacGT Boi

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
I have the small CD player in my Fiero, we bought an adapter plate from the local Audio store ment for the Fiero. It actually looks very good once installed. I have attached a picture below of what it looks like in the car. This isn't a very good picture but it will give you the just of it.

if you need the brand and the part number let me know I can get it later today.
edit-wrong picture

------------------

[This message has been edited by blackie2m6 (edited 02-15-2004).]

neghcho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
They've got those at walmart for the fiero, but I thought they would look bad. I guess they're not too bad. Maryjane, yes I did get it, I went out to putit on yesterday but in the process replaced a pillar speaker, broke a speaker grille cover, and cried cus it was too cold lol. It will have to wait until next weekend.
84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I didn't use any adapter plates when I put mine in. I just widened the opening in the piece of meteal the original one was mounted in and made supports to hold the new deck in place. It took 4 hours to do properly and I got hit in the head with a few rotozip grinding wheels but it's in there tight.

------------------
Caleb Sarty

Black '84 SE 4 speed with blue gauge conversion and small interior mods...Stock otherwise, but not for long.

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
Ok heres a pic of what I've got. Its a pretty normal mounting plate. It came with my car from the previous owner and its really neat because its slightly angled so the deck kinda faces the driver's seat. Its pretty cool I think. Don't ask me where it came from (I guess its not much use then) but at least you know something like this exists.

PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Some one here has the type of face plate you are looking for, I forget who's it is, might say in one of the cupholders treads.

neghcho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
hey I would love the cupholder adapter too if anyone knows where to find it?
Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Found in some stock cars at the junkyards, don't know exact ones but I'm sure someone will chime in which ones.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I don't think the small CD player (single DIN) looks bad in the big hole (1 1/2 DIN), expecially when it's an in-dash DVD. You are not going to be able to mount a double DIN without some modification.

There are no 1 1/2 DIN aftermarket radios I would want to put in my car anyway. There are infinitely more choices in single DIN. I only listen to MP3 CDs and DVDs so the CD player only radios are not for me.

FieroPilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post

Grab the cup holders from a Daytona, Shadow or Laser. The whole piece has a place for odds and ends. Cut that out for the stereo placement and voila, you have cup holders AND a spot for the stereo. Just takes a little jury riggin'.
JeffsGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffsGTSend a Private Message to JeffsGTDirect Link to This Post
Just curious but, do you really want to put cups of liquid directly over/in front of your CD player? One good bump and..........bzzzzzappp! Just a thought.
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Big hole, big cd player

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

neghcho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neghchoClick Here to visit neghcho's HomePageSend a Private Message to neghchoDirect Link to This Post
Probably wouldn't use the cup holders, just something to fill the space. I might just go with the plastic surround though.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I made my own mounting plate with cup holder pictured above. Cup-holder assembly from a 96 Dodge Colt.

METRA makes all kinds of install kits. This is 99-4000 and holds a 1 DIN unit and has a CD case slot.
Other types allow installation of a 1/2 DIN Equalizer. http://metraonline.com/turbokit.aspx?make=6

Go to the bottom of the page and look at the "Multi Kits".

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15144 posts
Member since Nov 1999
oops - double post

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-16-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
you can kinda see mine here in the first interior shot:

www.geocities.com/ff4ujd

What i did was take one of those walmart adaptors that you are talking aobut cut it down and make my own mounts for it and then cover it with the fake carbon fiber sticky stuff taht is covering the rest of that area of my dash. It looks really good imho.

By the way "ThaFieroMunk", we have the same cd players, i think!

PEACE!
-Jeff

------------------
REMEMBER: If you cant win the race you loose the argument!!

www.geocities.com/j_depies

[This message has been edited by fieromadman (edited 02-16-2004).]

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2004 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Heres mine. JVC Khameleon Deck. Not really flush with the console but I still like it

-Mike

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock