Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  For those of you with 19" rims - tire size recommendations please (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
For those of you with 19" rims - tire size recommendations please by chester
Started on: 02-01-2004 04:35 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: madcurl on 03-15-2004 08:42 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chester:

Thanks for the compliments guys!! I do have to remove my drop spindles as the tires rub the wheel well in the front. Another + for Elvira! It's nice to have another car to put parts on...

Oche! I hope they didn't rub that bad? Did they rub only during turning? If so, ther'er too wide.

Chester, I too have drop spindles (1"). I solved this problem by keeping my drop spindles and getting taller springs for about $60+ The max drop that I have experienced is only .5 to .75 drop with coil-overs (not much) from the stock height. One of the nice thing regarding the big rim/low profile tire is the diameter, which neglates the need to drop the car drasticlly.

Also since your car is very low, the after-market front bumper will more-than-likely rub the ground unless the (after-market) bumper is higher than stock? I tore my IRM spoiler to pieces using S.T.'s springs (1.2" drop?). On the a good note; your 235/35/19 (25.47) are taller than my 225/35/19 (25.2) by .27 Also, once you get bigger rear tires (255) this will increase your chances of rubbing in the front.

I hope this helps,
Madcurl

------------------

IP: Logged
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Don't give him any ideas as I am getting his drop spindles for my blue GT! He has the F355 nose which is longer than the stock one and it about sat on the ground before he put the 19s on.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
OMG! Those rims look bad a$$! I would change my 8 rims for those 4

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

Don't give him any ideas as I am getting his drop spindles for my blue GT! He has the F355 nose which is longer than the stock one and it about sat on the ground before he put the 19s on.

hehehehehhe........From the looks of it Chester, your wife will not only be getting drop spindles for her Fiero but, also a front fascia, and nice chrome rims.....sorry. Oh well its all-in-the family.

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

hehehehehhe........From the looks of it Chester, your wife will not only be getting drop spindles for her Fiero but, also a front fascia, and nice chrome rims.....sorry. Oh well its all-in-the family.

These are the kind of hand-me-downs I like!!

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

The chrome rims are already her's. Front fascia - ah, no.

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, got any pics with the after market front fascia on yet? Will there be any modifications to it once the piece is on? Do the wheel stick-out past the lower fascia area where the molding fits?

Just curious......I had to extend my front stock fascia out by 2" in order for the wheels to stuck-in.
Oh yeah, I'm digging the look of your car.......just sweet!
Madcurl

------------------

88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
Now I feel like I made a big mistake with my wheels....................: (

Those look soooooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula

I miss my '88 Formula.

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Sweet rims chester! I especially like the gunmetal/grey color. My upcoming 17" rims will be 5-spoke and that color also.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm in progress of adjusting the ride height and swapping the coil overs in the back before my alignment on Monday. For those of you that have front coil overs and had to crank them up, you know that it’s a b*tch especially if the springs are of a high spring rate. The friction between the spring and the adjustment nut make it a bear to crank them up or at least that’s how mine is. I found these on the net a Howe racing. These are coil spring bearings that go between the spring and the adjusting nut. Should make the task a little easier on the hands. Last time I had blisters!

I'll post some pics of the car with the nose mounted, adjusted and on the ground this weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
2" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
Currently awaiting Goodyear rubber for the 19" Motegi Roja's
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Chester

Can't wait to see those pics of the rat !

Daytona is gonna be awesome.

Any chance u can also post those new fiero redux pics that madcurl sent you ?

Thanks big guy.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chester:

Thanks for the compliments guys!! I do have to remove my drop spindles as the tires rub the wheel well in the front. Another + for Elvira! It's nice to have another car to put parts on...

Oche! I hope they didn't rub that bad? Did they rub only during turning? If so, ther'er too wide.

Chester, I too have drop spindles (1"). I solved this problem by keeping my drop spindles and getting taller springs for about $60+ The max drop that I have experienced is only .5 to .75 drop with coil-overs (not much) from the stock height. One of the nice thing regarding the big rim/low profile tire is the diameter, which neglates the need to drop the car drasticlly.

Also since your car is very low, the after-market front bumper will more-than-likely rub the ground unless the (after-market) bumper is higher than stock? I tore my IRM spoiler to pieces using S.T.'s springs (1.2" drop?). On the a good note; your 235/35/19 (25.47) are taller than my 225/35/19 (25.2) by .27 Also, once you get bigger rear tires (255) this will increase your chances of rubbing in the front.

I hope this helps,
Madcurl

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............? Are you sure thats thick enough? If your like me and the problems that I once had, I don't thick thats gonna do it? I could be wrong. I believe from what I'v seen on your car...your car has drop spindles up front, right? By how much of a drop? Mine front drop spindles are 1". This resulted in me getting not one, but a second spring (way taller than the original one and the second one) to clear. Also my front tires are smaller in diameter (25.3), your'es are one step taller which, therefor increases your chances of rubbing the heck out of the front. Once again, i could be wrong?

I wish we were next door neighbors, so that we could exchange notes and headaches. My second car (Fiero Redux) shares some of the same problems. 255/30/19 up front with stock suspension, right? Notice the clearance? Not much left is there? This is due the over-all diameter of the tire (25.3), the same as the 225/35/19. A one inch drop i would be back to square one, therefore I'm only using S.P. 3/4" drop springs. Belive me...I have one two many springs to go around, hehehehe.

On a better note; any pics of the carbon fiber in your Dirty Rat? Any pics of the A-pillers gauges installed.
madcurl

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmmmmmmm.............? Are you sure thats thick enough? If your like me and the problems that I once had, I don't thick thats gonna do it? I could be wrong. I believe from what I'v seen on your car...your car has drop spindles up front, right? By how much of a drop? Mine front drop spindles are 1". This resulted in me getting not one, but a second spring (way taller than the original one and the second one) to clear. Also my front tires are smaller in diameter (25.3), your'es are one step taller which, therefor increases your chances of rubbing the heck out of the front. Once again, i could be wrong?

I wish we were next door neighbors, so that we could exchange notes and headaches. My second car (Fiero Redux) shares some of the same problems. 255/30/19 up front with stock suspension, right? Notice the clearance? Not much left is there? This is due the over-all diameter of the tire (25.3), the same as the 225/35/19. A one inch drop i would be back to square one, therefore I'm only using S.P. 3/4" drop springs. Belive me...I have one two many springs to go around, hehehehe.

On a better note; any pics of the carbon fiber in your Dirty Rat? Any pics of the A-pillers gauges installed.
madcurl

Madcurl

Common over to Kentucky!

The bearing is just that, a bearing. I don't need a spacer as I went back to the stock spindles.

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Yeah sometimes I wish I lived back east were most of the "big" Fiero fun is! (Dells, Daytona, Chicago).
So how about some pics of the carbon fiber interior. I'm just waiting to see how you fitted it in on the choptop? I'm gonna need one the next project.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, I was in a local tire/rim shop (what else, right) I notice those BF goodrich Gforce t/a tires that you have comparred to "other" tires that are the same size, and BFGoodrich's are wider. I asked the owner of the shop why the difference? he said it a general range that different companies fall "with-in" a certain size, which could be 1-3mm's.

Btw...there very sticky tires. I'm getting some Toyo's 235/35/19's for the front

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Wow...how did I miss this thread?! Chester, your car looks amazing!!!
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Btw...there very sticky tires. I'm getting some Toyo's 235/35/19's for the front

I'm glad you got to see them in person. That's one of the reason I got them - their VERY sticky!

Rob D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chester, whats the total drop on the IRM rocker kit vs the stock GT side panel, 1" lower? Just wanted to know what is lower, Pisa's or IRM's?

Got any pics of the front nose on yet? Would be nice to look at pic before and while I fly out to FL.

------------------

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Torma:

Wow...how did I miss this thread?! Chester, your car looks amazing!!!

Thanks Joe!

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Hey Chester, whats the total drop on the IRM rocker kit vs the stock GT side panel, 1" lower? Just wanted to know what is lower, Pisa's or IRM's?

Got any pics of the front nose on yet? Would be nice to look at pic before and while I fly out to FL.

Don't know what you mean by a "drop". The rockers are wider but they aren't any lower...They bolt up to the stock locations...

Here's a few pics to tie you over. I plan on blending the fenders with the fascia. Mind you the cars dirty as heck - the Dirty Rat - fitting isn't it ...hehehehe and I still have a few things to do today before I load it on the trailer tomorrow so gota run! Have a safe trip and see you there!!!

I thought this one was kinda cool...

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm...much higher in the front now? Looks like 2 or 3 fingers thick between the tire and fender? It should make for a smoother ride.

What I was referring to being "lower" was does the IRM rocker has a lower stance . example non rocker Fiero vs GT stock rocker which give the side view of car to appearsnce of the bottom portion of the rocker to appear lower to the ground. Thanks for pre-Daytona pics of nose on.

Madcurl

------------------

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmm...much higher in the front now? Looks like 2 or 3 fingers thick between the tire and fender? It should make for a smoother ride.

What I was referring to being "lower" was does the IRM rocker has a lower stance . example non rocker Fiero vs GT stock rocker which give the side view of car to appearsnce of the bottom portion of the rocker to appear lower to the ground. Thanks for pre-Daytona pics of nose on.

Madcurl

Yeah, maybe a half to 1 inch on the rocker. The fender is a little higher in the pic because I had it jacked up and it hasn't settled yet...It is higher then before but it can't go any lower suspension wise or I'll be out of shock travel. I see a pair of Held drop spindles (1.5") in my future...

I just got done addressing a small oil leak. Out of all places it would be at the oil filter adapter above the starter. Had to yank the starter out to get it tightened up. All better now!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
2" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Madcurl

BTW when are you leaving for Florida?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm leaving Thursday Mar 18th. Hopefully there will be no stupid drunks on the plane, someone tying to light their darn shoe, or a air port sit-out on the ground?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock