Started on: 01-09-2004 07:47 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: FieroGT87 on 01-12-2004 05:16 PM
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
We all know the story of the 86GT that Johneboy had bought off Fiero5 this past fall. Now Im searching for another GT parts car and find that 86 Fiero GT for sale on Ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2978216129&category=1467

Im not trying to start a flame war here, but it upsets me to think I and a few others were in line to buy that car...and then to hear the horror story of his trip back home and now to see the end result.

I am a good natured person and always gives someone the option to reply...so I ask here openly.....
JohneBoy...has Steve even tried to help you ...recover any of your loss? This just doesnt seem right!

John

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2004 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero67:

We all know the story of the 86GT that Johneboy had bought off Fiero5.

We do? Come on, dish a little and refresh my memory.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Poor ol' johneboy bought a used car from Fiero5 "as is" and decided to drive it a long distance without having a mechanic give it a go over. Who knows how he drove the car or for how long before it broke down (I think he broke down in NY state). Steve tried to get him some help to get the car to it's final destination ( by contacting other forum members that were in the area of the car) and johneboy cried about it for a while. The perils of buying a high mileage, old , used car, without having it checked out before buying it. I know Im going to get flamed for this, but the car was sold "as is" with no warrantee or guarantees to even make it of the driveway. This one should be chalked up to buyer beware or to at least get some experts opinion on if the car is mechanically sound before making a purchase. You just don't go and buy a car from a far distance away, without having it checked out first, and expect it to last till you get home. I guess this was a first car purchase for johneboy and he learned a hard lesson. I don't think anybody can hold Steve accountable for the cars shortcomings, and they shouldn't expect any refund neither, as the car was in working order when it was picked up. It probably would have been a good car for short trips, as this is what the car was used for before it was sold, as I understand it. There were no known problems with the car before it was sold and both the buyer and seller were satisfied with the transaction at the time. It's too bad that the car broke down, but that's the breaks. I know I wouldn't buy a high mileage car to drive a long distance, without having it extensively checked out first, or having some way to tow it home so I could work on it. Caveat Emptor let the buyer beware, used cars do not have warranties or guarantees associated with them especially if they are high mileage and are not required to have them, especially in a private sale.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Poor ol' johneboy bought a used car from Fiero5 "as is" and decided to drive it a long distance without having a mechanic give it a go over. Who knows how he drove the car or for how long before it broke down (I think he broke down in NY state). Steve tried to get him some help to get the car to it's final destination ( by contacting other forum members that were in the area of the car) and johneboy cried about it for a while. The perils of buying a high mileage, old , used car, without having it checked out before buying it. I know Im going to get flamed for this, but the car was sold "as is" with no warrantee or guarantees to even make it of the driveway. This one should be chalked up to buyer beware or to at least get some experts opinion on if the car is mechanically sound before making a purchase. You just don't go and buy a car from a far distance away, without having it checked out first, and expect it to last till you get home. I guess this was a first car purchase for johneboy and he learned a hard lesson. I don't think anybody can hold Steve accountable for the cars shortcomings, and they shouldn't expect any refund neither, as the car was in working order when it was picked up. It probably would have been a good car for short trips, as this is what the car was used for before it was sold, as I understand it. There were no known problems with the car before it was sold and both the buyer and seller were satisfied with the transaction at the time. It's too bad that the car broke down, but that's the breaks. I know I wouldn't buy a high mileage car to drive a long distance, without having it extensively checked out first, or having some way to tow it home so I could work on it. Caveat Emptor let the buyer beware, used cars do not have warranties or guarantees associated with them especially if they are high mileage and are not required to have them, especially in a private sale.

I don't trust used cars to make it across town when I buy them .

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by avengador1:

I know Im going to get flamed for this, but the car was sold "as is" with no warrantee or guarantees to even make it of the driveway. This one should be chalked up to buyer beware or to at least get some experts opinion on if the car is mechanically sound before making a purchase. You just don't go and buy a car from a far distance away, without having it checked out first, and expect it to last till you get home.
QUOTE]

I have to agree with Avengador1. Too bad it didn't make it home, but it's not the sellers problem after the title is signed over.

Personally, if I had sold a Fiero to someone on here and it broke down, I'd pay to have it towed to their destination and would probably help them with cost of repairs depending on the situation....but I don't think that's something one should feel obligated to do.

The seller is not responsible for the car after it's purchased. "As is" purchases are a risky game. You never know how much life an old, high-mileage car like this has in it.

Sucks that this happened though.

Dave

fiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, you are right. It is buyer beware. I would think you would need to listen between the lines of a person selling a car. I guess this topic has been brought up too much between these two,I just wanted to voice my opinion on the end result. Its a sad day for the buyer of that 86GT.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I learned a lot from my experience. I have a lot of sympathy for johneboy because I've been through an a very simular situation with the same seller. I will agree that it's the buyer's responsibility once the deal has been completed. Buying a used car at long distance is at best tricky. Finding a good mechanic to check a car in a very small, strange town on a Sat or Sun is next to impossible. And there's still no guarentee even if you do find one.

In my case, I should of taken a cue from the real winning bidder. He left while the seller was in the house finding some screws that were missing! I was the 2nd highest bidder. I guess fiero67's comment about "listening between the lines" would apply in this case. Oh well I got a few parts from it.

Dave

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post

used cars do not have warranties or guarantees associated with them.

What you said. Amen

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Quoted from Fiero5 in johneboys tread " why god hates me "

"We sold this car based on those facts and when we did become aware of a few problems right before John took delivery, we even put a few new parts into to it just to make sure."

Good luck on the sale johneboy, hopefully you can recover a large portion of your money.

johneboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johneboySend a Private Message to johneboyDirect Link to This Post

Poor ol' johneboy bought a used car from Fiero5 "as is" and decided to drive it a long distance without having a mechanic give it a go over.

Steve this car was mechanically sound and could be driven anywhere.. tho i guess it was my fault for trusting someone... lesson learned.

Who knows how he drove the car or for how long before it broke down (I think he broke down in NY state).

How i drove it? I dont believe i got above 70 at any point in the trip. And i made it 240 miles.

Steve tried to get him some help to get the car to it's final destination ( by contacting other forum members that were in the area of the car)

This is very true

and johneboy cried about it for a while.

This makes you a dick, as i dont recall "crying" about my situation, become frustrated once or twice, yes.. cried/whined/bitched.. no.

I guess this was a first car purchase for johneboy and he learned a hard lesson. I don't think anybody can hold Steve accountable for the cars shortcomings

no, long distance purchase, yes. and i NEVER held him accountable, nor flamed him, not asked him for ANYTHING

[This message has been edited by johneboy (edited 01-10-2004).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry about the "cried" remark. It just fits the story. Yes, I sometimes can be a dick, but this story is a perfect example of needing to know what you are getting into. It is unfortunate that the car broke down and we probably would not have heard any more of it if this hadn't happen. By the way has anyone else noticed that Fiero5 seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.
PFF
System Bot
GT86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

By the way has anyone else noticed that Fiero5 seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

Yeah, the last time I remember seeing him post was during that "0-60 with a 4-banger" mess. IIRC, he got flamed pretty good, maybe he decided to take some time off from the forum. Hope he comes back.

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

Yeah, the last time I remember seeing him post was during that "0-60 with a 4-banger" mess. IIRC, he got flamed pretty good, maybe he decided to take some time off from the forum. Hope he comes back.

I know why, I just hope he corrects it himself before I decide to go off on him myself. I'm starting to get a little upset. My own fault I know, but I won't go into that right now.

BTW, Steve if you read this, I know you got my E-mail and Jan. 15th is very close.

[This message has been edited by FieroGT87 (edited 01-10-2004).]

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
I hope if and when he comes back, he stops his transformation into rice-king. He had even adopted the "ricer slang word", bro. I liked how he supported fieros and all, but when the rice started, and he really started to believe that mentality, is when I and others began to slowly re-evaluate our thoughts of him. Sad but true, at least in my case.

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
How did the car break down?
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Does Steve's dissappearance mean that he won't be returning the "borrowed" Indy scoop?
FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
It doesn't look like it. I made arrangements for him to buy it. It's been 8 months. So I gave him until the 15th to pay up or I was coming to get it.

He bought a Embroideried Fiero shirt as well and made a partial payment months ago. He said he made another payment, well I never saw ita, and he never E-mailed me to tell me about it, and right now I don't believe him. I ask to see a copy of the Money Order reciept a couple of weeks ago. I'm from Missouri, Show Me.

I think I've been very patient. I made the mistake of trying to help someone in need. It's my mistake for believing in Steve. I also know I'm not the only one he owes, and I'm pissed he's taking advantage of my generosity, and good will.

OK I've had my rant and feel a little better, not much but a little.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...By the way has anyone else noticed that Fiero5 seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.

My heart just bleeds...

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Which Steve are we talking about? Would I be able to guess?
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT87:

He bought a Embroideried Fiero shirt as well and made a partial payment months ago.

Oh my God! Making payments on a SHIRT?! Now I have heard everything!

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
may be he is in jail for tying somene up and tossing them in a lake? never know with them steve fellows,

j/k If this is the steve that was the really good dad. i hope he goes threw with everything and everything gets taken care of. he seemed like a nice guy.

PFF
System Bot
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Let's see, last time I publicly posted anything remotely about Fiero5 (I commented to another person that posted in his thread and that lit his fuse) he got pissed off at me and tried to get me banned from every BBS I have ever laid eyes upon. I think Raydar has the right attitude though, and I wish everyone the best in collecting what is rightfully theirs.

PM me if I can be of assistance ...

(PS: Remind me to tell you all about the story of the '88 coupe I was selling for $100, and how Steve wanted me to bring it to him - 200 miles from here ONE WAY - for the asking price!)

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

Let's see, last time I publicly posted anything remotely about Fiero5 (I commented to another person that posted in his thread and that lit his fuse) he got pissed off at me and tried to get me banned from every BBS I have ever laid eyes upon. I think Raydar has the right attitude though, and I wish everyone the best in collecting what is rightfully theirs.

PM me if I can be of assistance ...

(PS: Remind me to tell you all about the story of the '88 coupe I was selling for $100, and how Steve wanted me to bring it to him - 200 miles from here ONE WAY - for the asking price!)

Do you still have the coupe?

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003
O nevermind we live to far apart unless you want to del it for the same price.hehe

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 01-11-2004).]

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Which Steve are we talking about? Would I be able to guess?

No Paul not Steve the SmooothGT. Steve Kelley aka Fiero5

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Do you still have the coupe?

Nope, someone else already screwed me out if it. A friend of a friend "bought" it promising $$ in a week, tow doll'd it away (because the motor was seized), and then disappeared before he paid for it. The car was last seen butchered so badly that I didn't want any part of it. The "friend of a friend", on the other hand, has a size 9 1/2 waiting for his head/butt/whatever ..

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Thank you....
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
LOL... Seems everyone has a "Steve" story... I seem to remember buying a car from "Fiero5" some years back. I beleive the car was actually registerd as "Fiero2" in his fleet. The title and Reg (and vin, duh...) said it was an '84, but he swore it was an '85. (Someone must have changed the decklid...) Yeah, my fault for believing and not actually *looking* at the registration that was in the glovebox until later. Never did get a title for that thing, too far rusted out to bother. Guess I was too Fiero-illiterate back then. To keep this "on topic", I'd buy the car from John if I had the space and time for another one. Looks like a decent donor for a motor swap, if the rust isn't like it was on "Fiero2". (Should I be able to poke a finger through the frame???)

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC installation in super-slow-motion progress... I turn the key and it starts, I turn the key off and it stops. I give it gas and the axles spin. WOOHOO!! It works!! It works!! It works!! Did I mention IT WORKS!?!?)

fiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
For all the newbies that havent heard the story...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034340.html

This is the original thread posted by Johneboy....about his trip home after buying one of Steves Famous Fieros.

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
To Steve's credit I did hear from him today. He gave me a tracking number for the check sent and said he filled out some paper work for the post office to find out what happened to the missing MO he said that he sent.

I hated to do this, but I just wanted it over and done with it has been hanging on for months, and I was getting worried.

So I will say thank you Steve for keeping up your end of the bargin, and I am sorry to put you through this. I am a nice guy, except when I feel I am against a wall and nowhere to go.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock