Started on: 01-07-2004 10:22 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Bill Strong on 01-14-2004 07:39 AM
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum Bill!!
Congrat's on being the first N* Mr2!!

------------------
New Name.... New Attitude....
AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built SHAVED~WIDEBODY~GT!!

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 01-11-2004).]

IP: Logged
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Bill you have a PM

------------------

UltimateFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UltimateFieroSend a Private Message to UltimateFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bill Strong:

Hey guys. Quick question... I need a rear brake system to fit the caddy hub.
Can I get some inexpensive recommendations? Like junk yard parts?

http://www.racingstrong.com/toystar/page18.asp

I don't have the Caddy calipers as they were toast.
The car will weigh between 2300 and 2500 pounds. So a small vented disk would be perfect with a caliper that fits the caddy hub would make my day.

any ideas guys?

Thanks

You can use seville rear calipers and le baron rotors. Read more here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~david.cole/fieroman/walt/walt.htm

lol... ya... those japs improve everything! didn't you know that?

I had to start banning... the kiddies had taken over the board. I needed to get back the old time MR2 modders. So we banned everything that did not contribute to the car. Street racing does not contribute one thing. Since then we grew from 1500 users to over 10,000 active users. I think it worked.

I like pulling numbers outa my ass!
But with the absence of power steering, A/C, that big old long belt, the air box and the addition of CHRF cams and springs we will be at or near 400hp at the flywheel. Hell 10 hp can be made by making a proper merge collector. Have you seen that nasty looking B-Pipe?

So does anyone know the brake question I asked?

The problem is not getting extra horsepower from a northstar the problem is making it work with the factory engine mangement system. The only person that I know that has beat this problem uses a custom ecm and wiring harness with a custom burned cpu.

Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post
cool guys...
I also have a spare Electromotive TEC3 laying around. Anyone have the fuel and ignition maps for a stock N*? and how would the trans work without an ECU?
Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post

Bill Strong

106 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I have sorted out my brake issues using the caddy rear disk with the MR2 rear caliper mounted to an adaptor plate.
http://www.racingstrong.com/toystar/page19.asp

------------------
Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

how would the trans work without an ECU?

It wouldn't.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

UltimateFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UltimateFieroSend a Private Message to UltimateFieroDirect Link to This Post
The Northstar uses a unique power train control module with self diagnostics and Cadillac keeps the software a close secret. This is why most people that use a Northstar swap never get them to run at peak efficiency. The best you can manage is to use the Cadillac wiring harness but that has to have the body, srs and ride control modules connected and they are designed to communicate with the pcm. I only know one person that has gotten a Northstar to run right and as I said before he uses a custom made pcm and wiring harness. To complicated for me thats why I used a 400 SBC.

Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post
I should look at the CHRF custom intake manifold and a big holley carb, maybe two
Then I could just use a Electromotive HPV ignition system, or even something like the MegaJolt DIY ignition.
Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post

Bill Strong

106 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I have the complete body harness and all computers and sensors btw. but man! That Caddy wiring harness is almost as heavy as my MR2!
obsessedwithfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for obsessedwithfierosSend a Private Message to obsessedwithfierosDirect Link to This Post
your wasting our time putting an mr2 on this forum!!!!!!!!
WHO CARES ABOUT MR2!!!!!!! POST YOUR PICS ON AN MR2 SITE!!!!!!!
THIS IS FIEROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR2'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ONE WANTS TO SEE MR2'S!!!!!!!!!!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by obsessedwithfieros:

your wasting our time putting an mr2 on this forum!!!!!!!!
WHO CARES ABOUT MR2!!!!!!! POST YOUR PICS ON AN MR2 SITE!!!!!!!
THIS IS FIEROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR2'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO ONE WANTS TO SEE MR2'S!!!!!!!!!!

Now now, if you can't say something nice...

I like BOTH cars, they both have similarities and differences, strengths and weaknesses. It's all a matter of taste and personal preferences. So grow up or shut up. Some of us are enjoying this thread

PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
This car is very interesting to me also, keep it coming.
Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post
obsessedwithfieros, so how can I waste your time? You clicked the link

So I found some brakes. I am using the Caddy rear disks on the front caddy hubs. Then making a steel adaptor plate to mount the MR2 rear caliper to the hub. That way I can keep the e-brake working. Plus I wont need to buy anything new except for some sweet Porterfield brake pads.

How big are the sway bars on the V6 Fiero? Front and rear please

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
There ALOT bigger than the MR2 ones only the 88 has the rear sway bar. all outhers only have a front one.
Bill Strong

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill StrongClick Here to visit Bill Strong's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bill StrongDirect Link to This Post
I can use a 15mm or a 21mm bar. I will try the 15 first and see what happens... thanks man
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock