MOLZON Conversion??? What the..... by turbotoad
Started on: 12-08-2003 06:19 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: NotAFieroAnyLonger on 01-05-2004 07:49 PM
turbotoad

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
Saw this conversion parked at the local High school the other day. I didn't have time to stop and check but I knew it HAD to be Fiero based. As the day went on I began wondering if the car would be parked there again the next day. So I made sure to take my camera bag in the car with me everyday. Hoping to catch another glimpse of this unusual car.

Paydirt! After dropping off my son at school I decided on a whim to checkout a side parking lot just for the heck of it. I almost let out an audible gasp as I caught sight of the car. There it was! And I had my camera.

A few snapshops later and I was on my way home to download my catch. But Houston had a problem. The sun had not quite risen enough and the photos were nothing but dark shadows and silloettes. Dang!

Fortunatley I had time to revisit the parking lot again later in the morning. I captured a few more images before I had to be at an appointment.

In all the excitement I forgot the name of the "kit". But I had a picture of it and could just look at it later, right? Well, see for yourself. I'm pretty sure it says MOLZON Design conversions 001. But the reflections and disortion make it hard to read.

Front

Rear

front.75

rear.75

front hood

front emblem

The interior looked pretty much stock and I didn't take any photos of it. And it looked a little rough.

[This message has been edited by turbotoad (edited 12-08-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
What? You didnt leave a note?!

------------------

+ a silver 85 2M4 and a gold 87 2M4
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

fierogt3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
looks like a 300zx...older ofcourse
twinfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twinfierosSend a Private Message to twinfierosDirect Link to This Post
holy sh%T
i actually really love the look of that thing!

any one know any more about this molzon?

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I wonder whats done to the engine. Based on the exhaust, it seems something may have been changed. Unless of course they did that to fit the different body styling?
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Weird, I've never heard of that thing...looks like a good reason to NEVER let a Corvette and a Probe mate! You should have left them a note to check out PFF, then we could get the whole story. Hopefully somebody knows something about this kit, it seems like there's always somebody who knows.

Bryce
88 GT

turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
The car was parked in the same parking lot again this morning but I didn't have time to stop (on my way to work). I will definatly try to leave a note on the car either tomorrow or sometime later this week.

CaddyRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaddyRobClick Here to visit CaddyRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaddyRobDirect Link to This Post
I know there used to be a guy Named William Molzon, that made custom Sports cars back in the 70's.. wonder if its got anything to do with that guy...
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
i think it is another of those conversions that never made it. sort of like the one the guy found in a drivway
Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaddyRob:

I know there used to be a guy Named William Molzon, that made custom Sports cars back in the 70's.. wonder if its got anything to do with that guy...

Would seem likely, look at the logo. Looks like a W above an M with D and C above each other. William Molzon Design Conversions. Also looks to be the first car of that conversion type.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I like it becuase it still looks kinda "Fieroish" and ferrari-ish, but is pretty unique in its own way... Parts of it have old styling, but other then the emblem and the tailpipe, I like it. I wonder what kind of engine it has?
PFF
System Bot
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to track down info on this car. I put a note on the car a few weeks ago and nothing. Plus I've been searching the net for info. The latest I came up with was that a Bill Molzon did some work on a vehicle called the AutoCycle. AKA The LiteStar/Pulse. Apparently the Bill Molzon mentioned did some fiberglass work. So it sounds like the same guy. Also, I found out that in the Novermber 1970 Road and Track magazine there is an article about a handbuilt sportscar by William Molzon.

I'll keep trying for more info....

twinfieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twinfierosSend a Private Message to twinfierosDirect Link to This Post
be sure to keep us updated as you find out more
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Notice there's no trim running along the sides. The door skins are even changed. Wow that's a different conversion alright.

------------------

rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
Turbotoad,
You should write a letter to Kit Car Magazine. They have a section each month called Kit Carchives. Readers often write in about some old kit car they've seen or remember and the KC staff researches and tells the history. www.kitcarmag.com
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FLASHY:

Notice there's no trim running along the sides. The door skins are even changed. Wow that's a different conversion alright.

I noticed that first off.. I really don't like it though... I mean, It's ok just mot me!

------------------
New Name.... New Attitude....
AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built SHAVED~WIDEBODY~GT!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock