Share your stories of how you got hooked on Fieros by 84se-Stock
Started on: 12-04-2003 06:01 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: Don Vellenga on 12-08-2003 05:54 PM
84se-Stock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in seeing how others got into the Fiero craze. I'll get the ball rolling.

I was at school one day in grade 12 when a buddy of mine showed up in this great looking car...I asked him what it was and he said "a Fiero". I started hanging out with him and fell in love with his car. Evertime I saw his parents I would say, "when are you going to sell me that car?" thay kept laughing at me and one day I happened to show up when they were making their will. I asked if I could look at it and didn't see the fiero on there anywhere. I mentioned it to them and they put me in for the Fiero. About a year later the Fiero broke down (for about the 100th time) and they finally bought another car. First words out of my mouth were, "so are you going to sell me the Fiero now?"...and sure enough, a few weeks later it was sitting in my garage. It only took me three years of nagging, but it's finally mine.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hvneye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hvneyeSend a Private Message to hvneyeDirect Link to This Post
I worked making websites for people around 2001-2002. In May I did a website for a guy named Terry. He owned the #10 of 12 1999 Lamborghini Diablo Alpine edition. The license plate was : HVN*EYE. I got to ride in it and I was addicted to that car.

One day I was just searching up on google some pictures of Lamborghini's then I ended up on Lambolounge.com which is Ron Fletcher's website. I was at his current progress page where it showed a body of a lamborghini inside his garage. That summer I started researching about kit cars. I had no idea it was possible to build lamboghini's or ferrari's. I learned the doner car was a Pontiac Fiero so i wanted one to start with. I found Loyde's site (his old one) geocities/fastfieros. I gave him a call and talked to him.

A couple months later I bought an 85' Fiero SE. It was automatic. Later on I liked the fast backs better so I ended up buying an 87' GT.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Seen the 1986/87 GTfastback commercial
....hook'd ever since.

1998-99...love lost.

1999-2003...love revisited.

2004?

------------------

freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroDirect Link to This Post
I may sound like a momma's boy but my fiero story starts with my mother!!! My mother at the time was living one of those midlife crises, and driving around in her 96 mustang gt We were driving down the road and we went by this escavating company with a little red beauty in the front yard, I said mom i bet if i was driving that car it would beat you i your car, with a loud chuckle she said oh yeah, nothing else was said until 2 months later when i graduated highschool she kept asking what i wanted for my gift to make a long story short the day after i graduated i came home in my beat up 82 toyota 4x4 and there was a beautiful 84 fiero 2m4 in the garage with my mother saying "line em up"
mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
I must thank Archie and Chester for my introduction to this "addiciton" A few months ago, i was searching for a V8 swap kit for a Jeep Cherokee. While using the Yahoo search engine, i stumbled upon Archie's site. I looked through it, and thought "wow that could be fun" Then i clicked on the links page and found this site. The first post i read was Chester's thread about installing the 383 in the Rat. I just knew i had to try this also. I went to the Mall and found an 85GT for sale within a few minutes, and contacted the seller. A week later, i picked up the car. Last week, i bought a cradle and i am now going to start the build-up.

Matt

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
My dad's friend was talking about how he was "gonna drive his Fiero into the river." Cause it's sat in his garage for 15 years (84 2m4 econo, 26k). I was like "Well give it to me before you do that." I was wanting to buy it for such a long time. I looked at other Fieros, and never had money, cause I didn't have a job. August I got a job at a gun shop working for a family friend. I got my 86 GT for 4k. I could have gotten a better deal in hindsight, but my parents didn't want me to go to Illinois to look at DL10's 88GT. Man, I want that car. Then I got in an accident with the GT, and now it's in dissarray, waiting for the insurance co. to find out about my 70 in a 25 Speeding ticket (Lapse of judgement, but it was fun)...I hope I can still afford insurance on her. If I can't, I guess I'll just put her in the garage and buy a 2m4 or something cheap for (however long until I can afford it again)...But I think I'll be able to do it.

Damn, my story started with dissappointement, went to exhilaration, then came back to dissappointment. I can only hope it's heading back in the right direction again.

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
I was in 4th grade my teacher had a 85 se and it had speakers in the seats!!! lol i was hooked then, about 2 years later I was online and saw how you could turn them into kit cars and yup as soon as I seen the first on in my town forsale I bought it (I was 13) it was a 85 SE with a blown engine. I put a Caddy 4.5 in it and sold it when I was 14..... Im 18 now and I have had about 8 Fiero's total.

Kyle

------------------
1988 Formula 2M6 5 Speed - CRX Intake, NOS dry kit, ZEX Ejector Air Amplifier, Taylor Wires, NGK UR5 plugs, MSD 6AL Ignition /w 2 step rev control, MSD Blaster 3 coil, WCF dog bone, WCF engine mount, Autometer Ultra-Lite guages (A/F,Vac.), KYB GR2's, Sequential turn signals, Rapid 3rd brake light....
Recurring donator

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I drove one.

Eric

------------------
88 Coupe, Duke I4, 5 Speed

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I drove one.

Eric

that'll do it...I'm sure it's the way with a lot of people in the forum.

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
they where always cool cars i loved because they had endless posabiltys so i come home from germany and my bro had bought one and i took a few min that night sat in it an was suprised i fit so well. about 3 months after my bro was looking a a VW corrado and i told him i would by the fiero for what ever he wanted i had never drove it but look fun he said ok and i bought it for 1500 about 2 years ago

------------------

86 coupe 3.0L P&P shaved, 4 cyl 5 speed
full Body kit ASA Rims
hood and light mods

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Before I got mine, I had always seen fieros around once in a while but they were mostly run down and dirty. I knew they existed but never really considered them as my first car. Then my dad saw one for sale and told me about it and I was a bit skeptical at first because I assumed it was like the rest. I gave it a chance and went to see it, and to my surprise the car was in great shape, had the aero package and a new paint job. I also saw that it was a mid engine and instantly knew that it meant business haha. I begged my parents to help me buy it and for my 17th birthday the car was mine. I've now had my fiero since last june and I found this forum as well as some other members sites and its inspired me to continue to improve my car as well as learn more about it. Now I love it so much that I can honestly say that I will never want to part with it... NEVER.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot
Dewie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DewieClick Here to visit Dewie's HomePageSend a Private Message to DewieDirect Link to This Post
I had just got off our graduated lisencing process and was helping a friend move with our old Minivan. Outside of where we were moving him into was a Fiero that had been half restored. I noticed the first car, and by the 3rd run of stuff I HAD to stop and look. I had no idea what the car was, but I knew I loved it. Over the period of the next couple years I gradually found out more info and even got the chance to test drive an 84 2m4 (I wonder what ever happened to that....) That actually kind of turned me off from the cars. Later this summer while picking my girfriend up from work I noticed a Red Fiero (I know who owns it now!) and was busy drooling over it when a guy came up and asked "do you own this Fiero?" I replied with "No, but I wish I did!" it must have been 72 hours later we had a deal that I traided a Tempo I had for a Fiero with a burnt Wiring harness. 2 weeks Later I owned 3 Fieros - should be interesting to see what comes next!

------------------

http://dewie.no-ip.com

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Well, Jelly started me with mine, When we first started dating he came to pick me up with his 87 GT and it's like were going in that! Well a few weeks later, he let me drive it to work, and yepp that was it, I wanted to drive it all the time, Jelly didn't like that so along came this little black 85 SC,base, (supposed to be a parts car), then upon inspecting this car it wasn't in bad shape so it went from this

to this a few years later

But after all this work, it's mine and I love my Fiero!

------------------

[This message has been edited by blackie2m6 (edited 12-05-2003).]

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Our story is posted here:
http://www.dirtyratracing.org/about_us.htm

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated June 29 '03 www.dirtyratracing.org

GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Back in 1978, we bought a used 74 Fiat X1/9. I was sold on the mid-engine design from that car. I remember an article in Popular Mechanics... I think, showing a mid-engine car by Pontiac. I had to have one, even though they were not even committed to building it yet. I ordered my 84 red 4spd coupe in October of 83. I picked it up in March of 84. The price was $10,156.00. I have owned several Fieros since, but to this day, it is the only NEW car I have ever owned. Most people look at me kinda funny when I tell them that, But you guys understand!
Kevin

------------------
85 Fiero-based ASPP GT-40 MarkII. 3800 S/C, Auto, Held suspension all around with 2" drop spindles and sport fr. end. RCC bump-steer correction. Mr. Mike's interior.

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreDirect Link to This Post
bout 3 months ago my father in law called me up and sayed Ive got this old car sitting in storage I cant get running. He bet me the Keys that I could not get it running. Took me about 5 minutes get it started. He gave me the keys and i drove it home. Next morning i went to drive it to work and sure enough it would not start. Truned out to be the TCM under the coil packs. couple hours later it was running like new. He had it stored so its mint condition with 90000. I dropped a couple 10s in it and an MP3 and gave her a good cleanup and a dual exhaust. Runs great..
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I had been reading articles about the Fiero in the magazines for a long time, but since it was a four-banger, I just wasn't interested. (My daily driver was a 350 Monza.) When I saw the pics of the 85 GT, and saw that it included a V-6, I started salivating.
One night I was out wasting gas in my '74 MG Midget (Yes it *was* a four-banger, but it wasn't as big as a minute, and wasn't a daily driver), and decided to do some "window shopping" at the local Pontiac dealer.
Saw a white 4 speed 85 GT. Drove it. Called my g/f on the phone.
"Busy?"
"Not really."
"Wanna bring me my checkbook?"

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-05-2003).]

87GTSleeper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post
Well, umm.....I kinda temporarily borrowed one once.

When I was a no-good teenager, my former buddy and I were looking at cars on lots and we came accross a Fiero, '85 SE (it was 1985), with the keys in it. It was a Sunday and the lot was closed. At my "friends" urging, we took the car on a joy-ride that day and deposited it right back where we found it that night. No harm done but I very much regret doing it.

I used "friend" in quotes because he did not want to bring it back to the lot. I ended up having to trick my former buddy out of the keys to get it back to the lot. I ended up walking about 5 miles back home. I never hung out with that guy again. Good thing because he ended up getting in trouble for a variety of things later on.

That Fiero taught me a valuable lesson as a youth.

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
This February I bought my 86 as a temporary car. My sunbird was down with a blown head gasket and I didn't want to work on it till winter was over, so I bought the 86 cheap and planned on selling it after fixing the head gasket in the sunbird.

Well, I fixed the sunbird's head gasked, but ended up keeping the 86 (was in love with it by then) and 3 weeks ago I bought my second fiero, an 87.

Hell, I'm keeping my eye out for another one....3 would be a nice round number.

fastbackboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastbackboySend a Private Message to fastbackboyDirect Link to This Post
well me it started wen i was workin one of my dads employee wanted a truck against his car everyone was tellin me dont trade he beated the fiero but i ended up tradin and wen i found out about cardomain.com i saw the fastback model i wanted one so one day comin home from work i tought about a guy who had a mid engine my dad said its an opel gt but it was indeed a fastback we hadnt seen it in a few years so here i go up the road and stop i rang the bell his wife got up and told me he'll be back later i went back and he said he would think bout it i went back he didnt wanna sell i told ill give u 500 more and then the car was mine and i just love it well this is my story

------------------
fastbackboy
email:gtrfiero@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by fastbackboy (edited 12-05-2003).]

DustoneGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
Since I could remember I was a truck guy.
I wanted to get a big huge 4 wheel drive monster. Then I got my permit and actually started driving large vehicles, no way.
After I had my license a few months, I was given a 92 Lumina. I really liked its handling and being lower to the ground, but it was front wheel drive, good for burnouts, but not for anything else. I wanted a rear-wheel drive, small GM car. This kind of sucked because I didn't know there were any cars made that fit my wants.

Then one day I was riding in the back seat of my dad's suburban going down the freeway and a black car passed. It said PONTIAC on the back and looked like a bad ass european sports car.
"Hey dad! Whats that?!?!"
"Thats a, um, a, I dont remember what they call those, but it has basically the same motor and tranny as your Lumina, only its in the back."
"So it's rear wheel drive?"
"Yeah. They are supposed to be fun cars, but a pain to work on, oh yeah, its called a Fiero."

I was hooked from that moment on. No money though to buy one and none for sale locally. I was driving around later on that year and saw a gold 86SE for sale at a car lot. I went and sat in it. That was all it took to drive me mad, it fit me better than any car I had ever sat in. I had to have one.
Then I went home and my grandfather came for dinner. I told them about the car I looked at today. My grandfather got mad at me. "Those things all caught on fire! You dont want one of those!"
I checked into Fieros on the internet and found the real story behind the fires and still wanted a fastback, but a notchback would've been fine too. It was several months later that the black car I saw on the freeway came up for sale right across the street from my school.
Drool, drip drool buy.
I took my grandfather for a ride in it after I got it and I changed his mind on Fieros. He had never been in a V6 Fiero or a fastback and he was "pleasantly surprised" in his own words.

People always tell me I should chop it up and make a kit car out of it.
"hell no, I'm not chopping my baby up. She's a GT!"

------------------
<Black 86.5 GT, Auto w/ 3.33, Sunroof>
<2.5" Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Filter and no rain guard>
<Yokohama 215/60R15 Tires, CS130 140 Amp Alternator>
<Pioneer DEH-P77DH, Pioneer 4X10's in dash>

PFF
System Bot
sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTDirect Link to This Post
My cousin's fiance had a gold 86 se which he had since he was 18, and about 6 months ago he bought a protege5 and then he asked me if I wanted the car. It was his winter beater so it was a bit rough, but when I drove it I was addicted, it was a lot of fun. So I parked it in the garage and decided that she had a lot of potential, so right now she is stripped down and slowly being put back together with some changes along the way. Must say, it's a pretty sweet first car.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Cars have been a life long hobby for me. I always thought that the Fiero was an interesting car but was scared away by al the fire stroies. About 8 or 9 years I was coming home from work and spotted an 85GT w 90K on a used car lot in Robbinsville, NJ. The engine sounded good but the car needed a new windshield, nose work, paint, headlight motors, an alternator and a tune up. I was really impressed by the GT nose as I had never noticed what a GT had to that point. I bought the car on impulse and paid more than what this car was worth ($1100) but that was my introduction to the Fiero hobby. I later subscribed to the Fiero list, Forum and have owned six Fieros since, three of which now remain in my collection. Owning a Fiero though changes your way of thinking about performance cars. You need to learn to work in tight spaces.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://www.turbochargerpower.com/turbo.htm

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Back in high school, I drove an 86 IROC with a 5 speed, 305. It was the only stick F-body there and all the others were TPI Autos (and I could smoke them all!). Then one kid showed up in a black Fiero GT with an auto and was smoking all the Auto F-bodies... I never raced him, but I liked and respected the car.

Fast forward 5 years. I am in college and my best friend is test driving ZR-1's and I get to tag along and drive... Run a C4 Vette through its paces and the F-bodies will feel like a truck. So away the Iroc went (it had a 360hp 350 by this time) and Corvette shopping began. I remembered a black Vette down in Pochanontas IL that I saw a few years back, so I went down to take a look. It was there, but had sold the week before. Across the street was a jet black 86 1/2 Fiero GT with 4 speed. Perfect paint and interior for $4,000. I checked it out and was impressed, but i was Vette hungry, so I passed.

Fast forward another 3 years. I have my black 86 Vette with manual trans. And I have been driving by this black 86 Fiero SE V6 4 speed with perfect interior with the aero package for over a year. It has just been sitting out by the road under the tree. So finally I stop and ask about the car. He was fixing an electrical short for the a lady, and she was ready to get rid of it. I asked how much ($1,600) and took it out for a test drive... I was impressed with the 2.8 and the handling and purchased the car...

Now it gets interesting... in 2000 I ended up buying the house next to the tree my first Fiero was under (obviously my new neighbor does not mind fieros just sitting around!). Then in 2001 I sold my corvette (it had a 406 in it now) to buy the shop next to the house (other side from my cool neighbor) so I would have more room to play with my Fieros (i think I had 6 at this time)...

I still have my 86 Fiero today, but it is now a nearly rust free mock up chassis. At $1,600 it was the most expensive fiero I have ever purchased to date. But I have dumped well over 7K into my $800 88 Fiero and I have not even painted it yet!

I guess Fiero's have been firting with me a long time. They eventually won me over and now I don't think my love for them will end. Even with all the new cars out, there are only a couple I would take over a Fiero.

MIM104

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MIM104Send a Private Message to MIM104Direct Link to This Post
A few years ago, in Arizona, a friend had a white 84 that was in pretty sad shape, but he was restoring it. I rode in it a few times, and fell in love. Fast forward a couple of years, move to Iowa, and a friends older brother has a red 85GT. Last year, the brother buys a brand new cougar, and the fiero sits for a few months. One day, I ask how much he wants for it, he says $400, I say deal.
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
I watched Ferris Bueler and asked my dad what kind of car it was. He Said Fiero, so i looked for it on Ebay. Not sure how i came across PFF tho...
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Back in 1989 my daughter's 1st boyfriend had a nice red 86SE that was loaded and I liked the CAR. After that I tried to buy a white 87 coupe from a dealer in McKinney, Tx. We tried it out for a weekend and when we went back on Monday to complete the purchase the salesman was rude and obnoxious for some reason. So went and bought a new Mustang instead. Didn't do any more til '99 when I was driving through Caribou, Me. and saw a freshly painted red 85 coupe in the back of a used car lot. The guy had 3 Fieros and we bought them all and haven't looked back since. We've owned up to 12 since then but now we're down to 8 with one of them in the process of being sold. We've promised ourselves that we won't be buying any more unless it's very special deal or a real good Indy......

Dave

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 12-06-2003).]

wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanDirect Link to This Post
when i was 17 my ex stepdad got into some trouble with the IRS.they were going to take everything!he told me he had a car he didnt want them to get...a fiero.i had never herd of it,but i didnt have a car.he wanted to turn the title over to me with a promise that i would give it back when everything was cleared up.
the fiero was a 87 coupe with power window(i had no clue how rare that was).i drove that fiero for almost 2 years and hated it.it had no room for friends or anything else for that matter.
the irs thing got worked out and i gave the fiero back.i set out to find the right car for me.i went though a 67 mustang,92 conv. mustang 5.0,96 gt mustang,97 honda accord ex,94 v8 jeep limited.i never felt right in any of those.
everytime i looked for a new car in autotrader i'd always look at the fiero's.
in 2001 i was in need of a cheap car that was good on gas to go back in forth to work in.i came across a 84 2m4 very cheap.
i went and checked her out,she was in pieces but did run(guy had rebuilt the engine and lost interest,and bought a corvette).
when i sat in that fiero it felt right.i bought her on the spot,picked her up the next day and havent looked back.
on a sad note,the my stepdads 87 got wrecked 3 weeks later when his daugther hit a phone pole doing 30mph.he put it in his garage and its been sitting there for years.it has no frame damage but the front is banged up good.
last week i talked to him about it.i'm getting my first fiero back!

------------------
send 84 database info to
mankins@earthlink.net

"I do not fear death,
only how it happens"

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by derangedsheep:

I watched Ferris Bueler and asked my dad what kind of car it was. He Said Fiero, so i looked for it on Ebay. Not sure how i came across PFF tho...

Funny you should mention that...just the other day the previous owner of my Fiero called me over to his house to see what he had saved to his computer hard drive...sure enough it was a seen from that movie with the fiero.

FieroMojo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMojoSend a Private Message to FieroMojoDirect Link to This Post
[novel]

I became a 'professional' musician back in 1970, the year i got my license. As a bassist, I needed room to haul big speaker cabinets and that dictated the kind of car I needed. The first one was a '62 Olds 98 for $162.50. Since then, its been nothing but big cars and station wagons, including a '66 Dodge Charger. That was a fun car and could haul everything to boot. Three years ago I bought my parents full size van when I started my audio company and finally was free to own a smaller car... an '86 Cutlass with a V6. I still wanted something smaller and fun to drive but could never justify owning a 'toy'. This past June I took out a loan for a roof job and had some free greenbacks floating around and decided its time to retire the Cutlass and put some excitement in my driving, so I went shopping. I wanted a small 2-seater that was uncommon on the streets. My searches led me to the old Michigan Fiero Club site. They have a link to another site with a classified section and I found my first one in Detroit. It was pretty beat but ran like new. I'll never forget the feeling I got when I first sat in it. I was thinking 'damn, this things like a gokart with a body!' and proceded to take it on its test drive. Needless to say, I was hooked and the price was right. The day I drove it home, I was initiated to a few of the Fiero's quirks... fading brakes in Detroit rush hour traffic and a lightness in the front end at high speeds. Quite an eye-opener for someone used to piloting a 2-ton vehicle all his life. I had a 90 minute 90 MPH grin all the way home. I had also found PFF during my search and ever since, I've been lurking here learning all I could about this wonder-on-wheels. A month later I attented the 20th Anniversary and was convinced that I needed to dive head first into this obsession. Now, six months later, I own 8 Fieros... several are repair projects for daily driver use and a few destined for engine swaps, etc. The blame squarely rests on the shoulders of the wonderful group of people here on PFF and in the MFC. Thanx to you all and Happy Holidays!

[/novel]

jim123185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim123185Send a Private Message to jim123185Direct Link to This Post
Well I probably got started when a friend of mine at school was talking about a Fiero he had just driven. At the time I was kind of looking for a 1st gen MR2, but he said that the Fiero was a great handling car as well. I was still a little unsure till I saw (and heard) Rare87's Formula driving around town. There was no question after that, it was gonna have to be a Fiero. I had owned a Triumph Tr7 and an 87 Toyota Supra before i owned the 87 GT, and its by far my favorite car thus far.
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2003 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
When I was younger my dad and I went to the dealer to check out the new Fiero, that was at Baily Pontiac in Tarrant county. He ended up getting a 914 2.0 instead, but I always thought they were a pretty neat looking car. I always assumed they were too expensive for me, so I never bothered looking into buying one. I remember seeing the fastbacks and thinking that the fastback was a body kit for the Fiero. Back in '96 or '97 the woman I was dating was in a Fiero family, amongst the parents and sibs they had an even dozen Fieros. That's when I found out that they were affordable, and I started looking for one.

I tried finding one in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but discovered that there were a couple of individuals in the area buying up all of the decently-priced Fieros so I couldn't compete with them. After a year of looking I found an '88 auto with only 98k miles on it in San Antonio. I called the guy and worked out a deal, I was willing to pay his asking price of $2,800. By that Friday I had the cash, plus $200 to cover fuel, changing the oil before leaving San Antonio, and a little extra for reserve. Also, I had a friend lined up to ride with me down to San Antonio and drive my car back up for me.

So, that Friday after work I was just fixing to drive down to SA, so I decided to call him and make sure I had the directions to his apartment written down ok and all. He picks up the phone and starts off by saying, "I meant to call you earlier, someone else offered me $3,000 for the car and I'm going to sell it to him unless you want to pay $150 over his offer."

We had a deal, an agreement. Where the F was I supposed to pull another few hundred bucks out of, my ass?

Long story short, he ended up selling the car to the other person, one of the two local people who was buying up all the other cars in the D/FW area it turns out. That guy sold that nice '88 GT to a kid in the area who ended up blowing the motor up and dogging the crap out of the car, then bought it back from him for pennies on the dollar. He put a bastardized 3.4 conversion that barely ran in it and sold the car off to someone in CO the last I heard.

I was so bent over that deal that I didn't even bother looking at Fieros for a few years, but I had the bug so it was a matter of time before I'd get my first one, a black '86 GT that unfortunately has a crushed cooling tube so I can't drive it yet. My next one was a red '86 SE v6 that's fully loaded, including a rod knock, that's the next one on my list to restore and that one will get some mods. I'm currently driving my Formula that I had to rebuild the motor in just after I got it. It is the first Fiero I've got running, and I started driving it last fall.

Since then I've picked up a few here and there and I've still got the bug big time. I care about Fieros and the Fiero community.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

JazzMan

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
I remember a long time ago, i might have been in like the 3rd grade and looking at an Auto Shopper mag and saw, as i pronounced it,a pontiac "fierriro" and asked my dad if pontiac made ferrari, hehe. A couple years later i remember spotting a jet black one in a parking lot my brother asked about, to which i said "just a little fiero made by pontiac". Also noticed a gold 87 coupe always in the pep-boys lot since thw owner worked there. Later on maybe like 6th-7th grade i got into kit cars and thought they were the coolest things ever. Later that passed and went almost foggoten as i got into AMCs and an obbsession with the Cadillac Allante. then i think around 9th-10th grade i decided to look up kit cars again and found the Fiero as the number 1 donor. As time passed the styling of the fiero grew on me to the point where i didnt even want a kit car. That summer i basically spent late nights on the computer digging up every bit of info i could find on the Fiero. I was refered to this site by someone and registered. I eventually forgot about PFF until someone reminded me and i re-registered seeing as i forgot my old name and password. Didnt think id spend much time on it again i made what i thought was going to be a tempory name GTFiero1.

10th grade was ending and i just got a new mountain bike. Went riding to a trail i havent been to for a while with a friend when i said"hey isnt that a fiero?" looked over and low and behold it was a blue 87 GT 5-speed. I never seen a blue on in person and this is the first 5 speed V6 car ive seen around. A few notes and e-mails later, it was mine

Flash forward to mid september. Sitting at a gas station gassing up the GT when i guy in a Blazer pulls up, comes up to me and asks if i was interested in another fiero. I aksed him for his info then off the work i went. Got my first paycheck, talked to my dad and i am owner of an 85 2M4 5-speed. Recently i purchased a parts car with mayne after market parts, the gold 87 coupe from pep-boys for earlier in the story that was recked in june.

------------------

+ a silver 85 2M4 and a gold 87 2M4
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

Yellow355F1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow355F1Send a Private Message to Yellow355F1Direct Link to This Post
Hello everone here on PFF. For me I had loved them from the first time I saw them. My best friend's dad has worked at a Pontiac dealership forever. The first 2M4,and GT I saw being young it was very exotic looking. And one friend has owned 10 2m4's that kept me wanting one as his were all very reliable cars and he is rough on cars..... He wrecked 3 of them the last one a DUMP truck T-boned it from the pas. side he came away with only scratches and scrapes. So I turn 16 and I couldn't ever find one in my price range. But the very first time I drove a Fiero I was working for the Dealership that my friends dad is at the owner has a 88GT and a 87 or so Formula Man that is a unique shift style took forever for me to find reverse on the 4sp. So at 22 I found a Blue 86 GT I was very excited I was in the process of getting it, when something else was brought to my attention the dealer had one in detail that he said he would offer for $500 more than the blue one It was a White 86GT in better condition so I took him up on his offer. A funny thing the Blue one is not even a half mile from me in my neighborhood Im considering approching him to see if he will sell it to me(As it has been sitting for 2 years). There are a lot of people that like the cars but there are some that are arses about them?? I have owned some crappy cars that I have put some wrench time in,and never have I gotten the static over fixen a car as this one? I LOVE my GT and there isnt a negative statement that will ever change it!!! So that is how it was for me. Later all
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Well a few years back My Uncle had an 84 Fiero SE with the front cap knocked off of it. He sold it to me to make a dune buggy out of. After I drove it I thought I would check into the parts to repair it. I could get them for $200 so I decided to put it back on the road. I drove it till the duke give up and parked it. I had always wanted to put a v8 in it and figured when I had more time and money I'd attempt that some day. After some research I found Archie's kit and v8 and went to work. It was reborn in December of 1998 with an upgraded engine and I've kept it on the road every since. I even bought another 84 to transfer the drivetrain into since I liked the sun roof edition better.
Don Vellenga

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2003 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don VellengaSend a Private Message to Don VellengaDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

I first experienced a Fiero when I was working part time for a used car dealership in Portland Oregon.. At the time I was driving a 1980 Porsche 928. My boss said I need a work car and that I should test drive the newly aquired 85 V6. My first thought when I got in was wow, sure is a lot of plastic in here but I took it home overnight and to my regular job the next day. After driving the little V6 I decided that I had to have this great little car and give my 928 a much needed rest. I drove the car for 3 years and put a bunch of miles on it (about 70K miles) During the 3 years that I drove the wheels off the Fiero I sold the 1980 Porsche and bought a 88 928. I sold the Fiero to a friend and he in turn drove the wheels off it as well. That little car never gave me a problem of any kind. The friend that bought it from me also drove it hard and never spent any money on it but the clutch was just beginning to show wear.

I no longer have the 928 but I am the proud owner of an 88 GT that I want to put a V8 in.

Regards,

Don Vellenga

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock