Started on: 11-13-2003 07:14 AM
Replies: 68
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 12-22-2003 05:01 PM
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2003 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve! glad to hear you are settling in. Didn't get frisked at the airport? I guess Interpol didn't get the heads up . Congrats on the engagement. Now be careful talking politics over there! Our Prez just stirred up a bunch of you-know-what with his visit and I know you're the kind of Yank that won't back down! Hmmm... probably a little Irish in ya. I guess with the left hand shift thing that'll make you ambidexterous!!! One question: is there any use for those non-metric tools over there? Anyway I'm glad you're still on the forum so I can pick your brain on upgrades and people to contact/avoid around here. Bobby cut my front springs for me and I painted my front a-arms with that charcoal metallic rim paint you used in the Blur just to make it stand out. ( Co-worker: "Can you see that on the car?" Me: "My aligment guy will." ) Won't be much progress for a while with some large bills coming up...(Hmm, daughters' college tuition, taxes, deductable for that accident...oh, and Christmas!) But I wanted to say thanks or letting me come over and hang out and get some of that Fiero energy expended in your garage. I'm going teusday to Farmville to pick up the daughter for a brief break and I believe GTDude Phil is still there? Maybe I can swing by and see what he's got...

------------------
John DuRette
Black 85 SE, undergoing work as we speak!

IP: Logged
Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2003 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarDirect Link to This Post
Are you still going to own a fiero and hang out with the "cool club"?

Congrats on the move, engagement, and the neat toys!

My whole family is up north in bonny 'ol Scotland. A town called Gourock on Firth of Clyde. Maybe when I go back to see my family (hopefully soon) we can meet.

Again, Congratulations!

You still need a fiero, man!

------------------

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
Francine is stationed at Lakenheath. Mildenhall is maybe 10 minutes away. Plus there is Feltwell that is also nearby. They moved the BX there.. it sucks now I cant get Anthonys pizza for a while. Definetly give us a holler if you get stationed here. Francine says C models dont suck. You guys can talk shop all you want.. I'll be playing with the cool cars. What do you do in the AF?

I'm a F-15 crew chief here at Eglin in the 33rd. My friend is a crew chief at the Heath in the 492nd, E model squadron. The 493rd is the C models and the 494th are also E models, but older then the 492nd E models.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
LOL OMG... I dont know what to say other than you are a sick, sick person. EEEEeeeewwWWWW!!!!!

You have problems and you need to seek therepy! Im telling your wife!

ROTFLMAO

DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
What he said ^
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Well after a 4hr trip to www.vineplace.co.uk I was standing in a showroom full of the best cars Japan has to offer. There were STI 22B's, EVO's, Supra TT's, FTO's, GTO's and of course... Skylines. It was funny how all the guys came out to check out our WRX. I am drooling over there cars and they are drooling over the WRX. Funny how that works. They were amazed it was LHD... dont know why. Wanna know something really odd. They all know about the Fiero GT and really love them! They were saying if I had of brought mine they would have made me a deal on it that I wouldnt of been able to refuse! Damn!!!!!! Anyone want to ship a 38sc Fiero or 4.9 Fiero to me?????
Here are a few pics.

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
grumble.. you suck
neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectDirect Link to This Post
I'll ship you my GT if you ship me a Skyline, you're having way too much fun.

------------------
Alan Frazier
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC
'84 2m4 daily driver
'88 Silver coupe, auto For Sale

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Don't make me tell Fransine about your secret life!!!!!!!

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
I think BHP is rated LOWER than the US HP ratings. I remeber reading Australian car mags when I would go home to visit my dad, and the Monaro was rated at 275bhp, but its rated at 350hp over here. Ill have to ask my uncle Neville, he knows all that jargon.

Oh, a skyline would be waaaaaayyyyy to much car for you Better just send it back home to me, and ill send you a modded Fiero Get a Skyline dude!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

Don't make me tell Fransine about your secret life!!!!!!!

Jesse... its spelled FranCine.

Anyway. We are going to New York on Dec 6th and plan to get married while we are there on the 9th.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. just FYI I will be back in the US on the 6th of Dec to get married! Yep, Francine has settled me down. Shhhh dont tell her I said that

Here is a pic of our house aka "flat" in England.

Steven

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I'll ship the fiero for TT Supra

looks like fun, but that really saddens me to look at cars I can't afford

------------------
88 5spd Modified 3800 Series II SC Formula
Modifications/2004 - Intercooler 2.8 pulley, 1 inch drop, interior

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Notice car wont fit into garage?
Shouldnt even call it a garage... more like storage space!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
BV... I'm so totally jealous that you get to play with all those cool rides in the UK! If you stay there for awhile, I'll do my best to stop by and visit (there are a few other UK Fiero guys I need to catch up to as well).

BTW: I went "car shopping" with my best friend last week. He decided that his '88 300zx just wasn't going to go so well with another Minnesota winter - so he decided that a new '04 WRX was the way to go... what a sweet car!

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
We will be here for the next 4yrs. Feel free to look us up. Its always nice to have fellow car nuts stop by. Im soooo lonely w/o all my friends.
The UK fiero owners (PK and Paul Taylor to be specific) have been very helpfull and have gone out of their way to make me feel at home. Great bunch of guys!
When you get here we can go for a PIMP ride in the Skyline!
The WRX is an awsome car. They get ALOT of respect here... you'd think we were in a super car or something. As a matter of fact I am going to a WRX meet tomorrow.

Take care

Steven

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow sounds like you are having an awsome time besides the fact that you dont the family and friends over there. I guess its just time to dedicate your life to your future wife, and your SKYLINE! Its not so bad. Don't worry, Im sure one of the guys over there will let you drive there Fiero once in a while if you trade them the Skyline for a day...hehe

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
See My New Website at www.furiousfiero.owns.it

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
SELL EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BUY A SKYLINE, if they think that your left hand WRX is nice tell them youll trade the WRX for two skylines. but get a skyline, and we want vids of it moving at high rates of speed and burning out and all that good stuff!!! now go drifting to the dealer and trade stuff for skyline

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Whats up this weekend? When and Where?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Well, tomorrow at 7pm Francine and I are getting married. We Flew into the US late saturday night during a bad winter storm. Every flight before and after us was cancelled. We sat on the plane for almost 3 hours once we landed because American Airlines wasnt expecting and flights!!!!!! It was a mess. But, we made it and thats all that matters.
We are still trying to figure out where we are going on our honeymoon. The wedding ended up being much larger than we thought.... but isnt that how it works???

Later all!

Steven

PFF
System Bot
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Hope you have a great day Steven. I guess the Skyline will have to wait a few weeks. Did James contact you? I gave him your e-mail addy (with the 03 in), if he didn't contact you then I'm gonna cross him off my christmas list

Cheers
PK

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Didnt hear from him before we left for NYC. I'll be back in England late Saturday. And yes.... I really really need to talk to him. I'll call you sunday.

Steven

RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:

I think BHP is rated LOWER than the US HP ratings....

Been a while, but if memory serves me correctly... BHP stands for Brake Horse Power. It is measured by loading the engine with a "brake" (dynomometer). The main difference between HP measurements is "where" the measurement is taken. Many US automobile manufacturers measure the motor itself and apply the dyno measurement right at the flywheel (nothing but the motor itself - no power steering, alternator, etc). Many EU autos specify the power measurement as taken at the rear wheels of the automobile as sold. I don't think it's so much a coversion factor issue as it is a measurement methods issue.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Dont know if it helps but in the UK they rate the new Subaru STI at 261bhp (brake horse power) but its 300hp in the US. US manufactures rate an engine at the flwheel with all emissions, acc, exhaust and intake plumbing as it was installed in the vehicle now called SAE. It used to be just the motor w/o any of the above installed back in the days.. I believe that was called "net hp" up to the early 70's.
So, I wonder if they are rating the HP to the wheels with the term bhp?
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Steve and Francine!
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
Since James has already agreed to talk to you about Skylines I don't mind passing on his addy so you can chat direct (PM sent). If you call on Sunday use 44 1367 810 165.

I found some horse power and bhp definitions on this site:

http://www.zephyrus.co.uk/horsepoweranswer.html

Here are the useful bits:

(1) Indicated horsepower is the theoretical efficiency of a reciprocating engine, which is determined from the pressure developed by the cylinders of the engine;

(2) Brake or shaft horsepower is more commonly used to indicate the practical ability of the engine, or the maximum performance, which is the indicated horsepower minus the power lost through heat, friction, and compression;

(3) Rated horsepower is the power that an engine or motor can produce efficiently for sustained periods of time. Obviously the second of these is the one that is of interest to you.

In Britain, engines are classified in rated horsepower, but their brake horsepower may be four to six times the rated horsepower.

Cheers
PK

Panama Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Panama JackSend a Private Message to Panama JackDirect Link to This Post
Heya Steven, my attempt to duplicate your work (4.9 on 88 cradle in 87GT) is now sitting at Rockcrawl's place. He's putting the pieces to the puzzle together for me. Congrads on the engagement and all!!

------------------
Everybody has talent and potential when they are twenty. The challenge is to still have it at forty. - paraphrased from Edward Degas

[This message has been edited by Panama Jack (edited 12-12-2003).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Well just thought I would add a few pics and give a small update. We got married in Long Island NY on the Dec 12th. It went great. We got back to England and 2 days later Francine hit a small deer with the WRX. 2k damage, she is fine and the car will be fixed on the 9th. Oh yeah, deer didnt make it! We got a rental car... 03 Jaguar X-type. Only because Francine wanted an automatic. I say USAA's new motto should be, "wreck your car, get a Jag". Whaddya think?
I got a early christmas present today. A 92 Mini Cooper 1.3i. It as to be the coolest car ever. Soooooo fun!!!!! I laugh every time I drive it.

Our wedding reception

Damage to WRX. It doesnt look like much but the radiator and a/c condensor are also toast. Deer (Bambi) went right into the radiator opening!

My mini.. hey, fear its 1.3L fuel injected 3 cylinder monster engine!!!

Yes, its a REAL Mini Cooper. This summer Mr. Mini and I are installing a 1.3L Mini Metro turbo motor in it.... 94hp!!!! wooohooo Ok, so it wont out run the Skyline

Steven

p.s. Merry Christmas or as they say here in England... Happy Christmas.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock