Started on: 10-19-2003 10:36 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: litespd on 02-08-2004 09:22 AM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I've seen pics of interiors with cup holders in them and I want to know where you guys are getting them! I don't mean the ones that are in the center console behind the cigarette lighter, I think those would just me in the way. I mean those raised ones that I've seen mounted above the passenger side ash tray or where the auxilury gauge pod would be. Are they a kit someone makes or are those all custom jobs? They look pretty similar. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, cause I'm not sure I do anymore.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Kenn Anderson, of Minnesota Fieros Forever, makes some very nice cupholders. I don't have any pics, but there might be some on the MFF website. I've seen his work, and they're excellent...they mount on the shift console, held down with velcro straps.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
is there a problem with the stock cup holders?

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8
WTB: 3.32 OR 3.65 4 speed tranny
'92 325i-- X-brace, eibach pro-kit, bilstein sport, S.T. brace, borla cat back,
'86 Fiero 2M8 ,350 bored .030 over,World Products s/r Torquers-ported, Manley valves, Weiand X-CELerator, edelbrock 750cfm.carb hypereutectic pistons, 1.5 rollers,lumpy cam, sanderson cc90's,2-1/4" exhaust4:10 tranny, Spec stage 3copper puck clutch, adj.Koni's, Eibach's,polly, tons more...
'86 Fiero 2m6, 2 inch drop, KYB's, coil overs, ocelot exhaust, No cat.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
The closest thing to stock cup holders I can find is this spot between the seat belt buckle and the seat bolster, next to the center console. While this works fine for now, I plan on getting some Corbeau seats soon and I doubt my little arrangment will work with those.
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
check out zoom88's its pretty clean looking
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

The closest thing to stock cup holders I can find is this spot between the seat belt buckle and the seat bolster, next to the center console. While this works fine for now, I plan on getting some Corbeau seats soon and I doubt my little arrangment will work with those.

Nah, "factory" cup holders are the two spaces on either side of the gauge cluster!

I use 'em almost every day... fits thermal cups and 20oz bottles just fine.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
You talking about something like these?

Not my car, no idea who's car it is or if they're even on the forum, I took these pics at Fierorama a few months ago.

Those are my cupholders, a few more pics can be found here
------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 10-20-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 10-20-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I bought Street Works bullet aluminum cup holder. It fit perfect...rigth between the stereo and the shifter, although its rather tight when in park. However, when driving its out of the way of the shifter and I don't have to twist my arm just for a drink. But anything is better than not having one, right?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
you guys drink in your cars?

------------------

New addition: Silver 85 2M4
--Adam--
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
heres mine 2.99 at canadian tire! lol

------------------

*click to see my Fiero site*

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow, where can I get the one inside the cd player?
joeschmotty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
thats what i want to know too. where can we find the one that flips out above the cd player? prices perhaps?

------------------
red '86 gt, looking for a 4.9

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
the cup-holder assembly is from a 96 Dodge Colt at a wrecking yard. pm fierosound and he would probably tell u how he did it
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

id be ashamed to post the interior of that fiero

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Hey Fiero5, where did you find some of those? Specifically, the very first one that has the price sheet ($40) and the first one in your second post, that goes behind the instrument cluster.

FieroSound has the set up out of the Colt, with the pullout cupholders above the radio, is that right?

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

this is the design of Rikker,(Rick Kauffman) a Forum friend of ours from New Brunswick, Canada. This was his design that he made. This is made with insert for different size cups.

------------------

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
Sports cars are not for drinking in!!!!!!!!!
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

you guys drink in your cars?

Yep, eat drink and smoke in em, so what?

I used to like drinking beer in them, but I've grown out of that

PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

Yep, eat drink and smoke in em, so what?

Ditto!

DustoneGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2003 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
I prefer the 'stock' cup holder to any aftermarket design. It holds anything but the smallest cups.

I don't drink in mine, I just store my drink there when driving to go someplace like back to work from getting lunch.

------------------
<Black 86.5 GT, Auto w/ 3.33, Sunroof>
<2.5" Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Filter and no rain guard>
<Yokohama 215/60R15 Tires, CS130 140 Amp Alternator>
<Pioneer DEH-P77DH, Pioneer 4X10's in dash>

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Hey Fiero5, where did you find some of those? Specifically, the very first one that has the price sheet ($40) and the first one in your second post, that goes behind the instrument cluster.

FieroSound has the set up out of the Colt, with the pullout cupholders above the radio, is that right?

I simply did a search in General Fiero chat archive for "cup holder" and grabbed a bunch of pics on older threads about them to help show another examples, including that pink interior one. Wow is that ever different LOL

Steve

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
"different"

yeh, thats the word i was grasping for..

------------------

FieroPilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post
The cup-holder that flips out can be found in Lasers, Daytonas, Colts, Shadows and Tracers. Maybe others........probably about $2.00 at the local auto wreckers.
Blacksheep

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacksheepSend a Private Message to BlacksheepDirect Link to This Post
i have never attempted it, but i do know that the mercury sable and toyota tercel both have the same type of cup holders that the one fiero had above the stereo, how you would mount them there i dont know.
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroPilot:

The cup-holder that flips out can be found in Lasers, Daytonas, Colts, Shadows and Tracers. Maybe others........probably about $2.00 at the local auto wreckers.

Thanks for the tip's...

SmoothGT!!

------------------
PostWhore of PFF!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Late entry of the square kind

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2003 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I'm still looking for the ones in Fiero5's very first picture. The overlay goes around the shifter, the holders are raised and go where over where the passenger ash tray normally is. He has a sheet shown too with a price of $40, but no link or info on where to find it. Anybody know???
MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
Black 84 2M4

PFF
System Bot
Zoom88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

I'm still looking for the ones in Fiero5's very first picture. The overlay goes around the shifter, the holders are raised and go where over where the passenger ash tray normally is. He has a sheet shown too with a price of $40, but no link or info on where to find it. Anybody know???

Fastback 86, that is the cupholder that I posted about at the beginning of this thread. That is the one manufactured by Kenn Anderson of the Minnesota Fieros Forever club. There should be contact information on their website, or you can PM KEV here on the PFF forum. He knows Kenn, and can probably get you more information.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock