Started on: 12-04-2002 07:57 PM
Replies: 314
Last post by: Firefox on 02-26-2004 11:32 PM
Butter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Most everything I sell has been refined to the point where even people with low skill levels can build them correctly. Things like my V-8 kits, Fino, Finale & F-40 kits have been refined to the point that my customers have a very high completion rate. I'm not going to do anything to ruin that completion ratio. So for now, when this project is ready to market, we will only be selling it as a "roller" where we do all the tough stuff in house.

I hope this helps to explain the situation.

Archie

After I reads that I's started memberin' when I wanted a V8 kit and thought yall might get a laugh out of the intricate mind workings of a Hillbilly like myself.....

I r a poor white hillbilly from Tannessee. I saw a site on this here puter box back about 5 years back. Some pour fool shoehorned a v8 in this little merican made car. After I seen that I thinks to myself, Self you can do that and they ain't nobody round here got one of them boogers. So I put money in the mail box and saw that feller what comes around with the blinkin' lite on top come and take it away. After a while this big green lookin' truck pulls up and left me a heavy box of stuff. In that box of stuff was one of them tapes what plays pictures on TV and I plugged it in and seen it. When I did see it I went ta doin' things like it did and after a while I had me one of them little merican made cars what goes thumpidy thum. I drives it down the road and folks all wonderin' what is it. I just tell em' its somethen I put to gether out of a box. Now I have folks sometime stop me and asks me where the tiger is and I shows them its in the back like Bubba's poker game. I been drivin' that little car to work now about 4 years. I guess that high school learnin' and Uncle Glenmore's always broke traktor paid off. Sometimes makes me wonder if I'd a done like Paw said and went off to collidge like he told me if I could have made a rocket scientist of myself. Now I reckin' what I'm a tryin' to say is, "You don't have to be no rocket scientist to shoehorn a v8 in Fiero". I wish yall well in your endevours from the bottom of my pea pickin' heart.

Tim "Butermilk" Gant
2m8ed

IP: Logged
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2003 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Bump
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

After I reads that I's started memberin' when I wanted a V8 kit and thought yall might get a laugh out of the intricate mind workings of a Hillbilly like myself.....

I r a poor white hillbilly from Tannessee. I saw a site on this here puter box back about 5 years back. Some pour fool shoehorned a v8 in this little merican made car. After I seen that I thinks to myself, Self you can do that and they ain't nobody round here got one of them boogers. So I put money in the mail box and saw that feller what comes around with the blinkin' lite on top come and take it away. After a while this big green lookin' truck pulls up and left me a heavy box of stuff. In that box of stuff was one of them tapes what plays pictures on TV and I plugged it in and seen it. When I did see it I went ta doin' things like it did and after a while I had me one of them little merican made cars what goes thumpidy thum. I drives it down the road and folks all wonderin' what is it. I just tell em' its somethen I put to gether out of a box. Now I have folks sometime stop me and asks me where the tiger is and I shows them its in the back like Bubba's poker game. I been drivin' that little car to work now about 4 years. I guess that high school learnin' and Uncle Glenmore's always broke traktor paid off. Sometimes makes me wonder if I'd a done like Paw said and went off to collidge like he told me if I could have made a rocket scientist of myself. Now I reckin' what I'm a tryin' to say is, "You don't have to be no rocket scientist to shoehorn a v8 in Fiero". I wish yall well in your endevours from the bottom of my pea pickin' heart.

Tim "Butermilk" Gant
2m8ed

ROFLMAO!! That's a classic!

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2003 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Who thinks Archie's goin' longitudinal say "aye".

TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Dang, ya know whut? I fount this here cotun piker and its got abig ole green dezel ingun
in it. My 19 and 88 GeeTees motor aint near as big, so yu know it'll run better width de
jon Deeere. I'm gittin my towerch and sawzall and fit it in. I bet I dont need no tranny. I'll run it deerect. I got my Linculn weilder and Bufalo wrintches and I'll
make it werk, by golly.
Then I'm gonna find you and blo yo dowers off!

Where in Tenn yu at, Butter?
TG

------------------

DIY Leather Interior Available

Shipping weight..1200-1500 lbs.

[This message has been edited by TennT (edited 02-10-2003).]

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Hey Archie, any more progress on this one?

Glad to see you are using the Mk I rather than the big block Mk II style.

Ira

cy1clown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cy1clownSend a Private Message to cy1clownDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Interested in progress.
First pics looked fabulous!!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
A little update.......

We almost have all the frame stuff worked out and have initiated a 2nd. chassis.

The 2nd car already has a V-8 mounted in it and it will be the car we plan to take to Carlisle and The Dells.

Like I said this isn't going to be a step by step build up article, but I will show you some pics from time to time.

Archie

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

The car is looking good. I've always loved the lines on the GT 40. As the car sits now, from the inside, is the roof as low as the Stinger? I can't wait to see the finished product. Keep the updates coming.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up
[URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html]
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Yes, the interior is just a little bit lower than the Stinger & it also has Cool doors like the Stinger does.

Archie

------------------

BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
WOW

That's about all I can say, Archie. Good job!

------------------

Mike

PFF
System Bot
Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2003 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
It's starting to look great Archie

------------------

Real Sports Cars, Dont Have Cup Holders!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I've always tried to bring something new to Carlisle. This year is no exception. I'll have my new Blue Fino there and, if everything works out, We plan to bring the new A4T. (<~~ temporary name, maybe we'll get the PFF members to name the car later).

We are trying real hard to get the A4T (GT40) completed far enough to be presentable for the Carlisle Kit Car show.

This will be the 1st time anyone has modified a Fiero chassis to accept a correct sized GT40 body.

While there still will be a lot of work to be completed on the car, we would like to show it with the body mounted, big brakes, a SBC engine, coil overs from RCC. If we can get that much done before Thursday morning We will bring it to Carlisle.

There will be no interior in it and no paint on the body & lots of other details to be completed but it will show what, I believe to be, a new product with great potential & a body style that everone loves.

Today we finally completed the cab and doors, tomorrow we should complete the mounting of the front and rear clips. Then we install the (already running & tested) SBC engine and the RCC suspension and our Big Brakes.

Hopefully we'll get out of town Thursday morning.

It's starting to take shape, look for even more revealing pics tomorrow.

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2003 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump!! whats the word, i love this car!

------------------

www.geocities.com/j_depies
step into the fiero kingdom

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Well they are not spy pics anymore but here are a couple of the pics. from Carlisle.

And a pic from when we were loading the car up to go to Carlisle.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Archie,

Than is one sweet car. Lower it a couple of inches and it would look like the original. Did anyone get any detail pictures of it at the show that they chould share with us?

Roy

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
On your SBC exhaust for this car... are you going to try and replicate the orginal GT40's 'bundle of snakes' look?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here's one I took.
Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
That looks very nice. How about the wheelbase? Is it a little shorter than the original? Or is that just the illusion of the unfinished car?

Get some wheels for it, finish the details, and paint it light blue with orange trim. That would be cool!

Hartz

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

Archie,

Than is one sweet car. Lower it a couple of inches and it would look like the original. Did anyone get any detail pictures of it at the show that they chould share with us?

Roy

We have a complete set of RCC adjustable coil/overs on it. In fact we just threw the suspension on the car the night before we left for the show. It hasn't been aligned yet and hasn't even been cranked all the way down yet.

The car was 41.5" tall at the show, so we only have a little bit more we need to lower it by.

The wheelbase on the Fiero is only .24" off from the GT40, so we won't be adjusting the length of the chassis. A plan is in the works for RCC to custom fab some "A" arms that will compensate for that little bit of wheelbase difference if needed.

I talked to Alan at Compomotive at the Carlisle show and they have some of their GT40 replica wheels that are available in 5-100 bolt pattern.

The engine in this car is a bit of a race engine, it is built for a Circle Track car. It has a gear drive on it and in keeping with the idea of a GT40 race car, I'm going to build the exhaust to exit in the center and to be very loud.

Archie

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I think it's looking absolutely fabulous!
PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
i wanna see one done

as far as the bundle of snakes exhaust thing goes.. if you want ti street legal im thinking thats impossible, not cats and not mufflers.. besides its not longitudinal. Maybe archie can work on that too

------------------
REMEMBER: If you cant win the race you loose the argument!!

www.geocities.com/j_depies
step into the fiero kingdom

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Neato Man!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

as far as the bundle of snakes exhaust thing goes.. if you want it street legal im thinking thats impossible, not cats and not mufflers.. besides its not longitudinal.

You're right... I did not think of that.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

Any particular reason you didn't go gullwing with the doors like the shape of them suggests?

Looks like you made more work out of trying to get them to clear and open conventionally than there would have been opening them over the car.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2003 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Hey Archie,

Any particular reason you didn't go gullwing with the doors like the shape of them suggests?

Looks like you made more work out of trying to get them to clear and open conventionally than there would have been opening them over the car.

This is an accurate GT40 Mark I body and this is the way they did it on the GT40.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We finally had time to get the engine hooked up and fired it up today.

Pete Jackson gear drive, loud exhaust, race cam sounds sweet.

If the weather is good, we'll get it outside for some good pics. tomorrow.

Archie

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

------------------

Car is dead right now
and I'm going to the 20th!
chris_oslo_nelson@hotmail.com

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2003 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Edhering: suffers from uncontrollable drooling...

Ed

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2003 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie , Just thought you might be interested in a book about the GT40 ? The book is titled " Ford GT40 " , authored by Trevor Legate . Subtitled : Production and Raceing History , Individual Chassis Records .

.......details the road-going version of the GT40 .....Gt40 parts manual ...etc . .

Hardcover : 8" X 9-3/4"
230 pics . 61 color, 169 b/W

Stock # 134288AE @ $ 54.95

It can be ordered from " Classic Motorbooks "
www.motorbooks.com

The pictures alone would be worth the price of the book .

Like I said I thought you might be interested .

Galen Smith
Red '85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2003 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

We finally had time to get the engine hooked up and fired it up today.

Pete Jackson gear drive, loud exhaust, race cam sounds sweet.

If the weather is good, we'll get it outside for some good pics. tomorrow.

So, that means that there will be an "Audio Demonstration" at the Dells Run this weekend, right?

PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2003 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
ok, now you've done it, you've short circuited my keyboard!

So, any new pics, i wanna do that again

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly 2 weeks since we returned from the Dells show.

Because of other projects we have to do, We've not worked on the GT40 since just before the Dells. In fact we finally unloaded it from the trailer today.

Phase I of this project was getting the Fiero chassis to fit under the body.

Phase II was to get the engine in the car and get it running.

Now we begin Phase III, that is getting the body & car finished far enough that I can start driving it yet this Summer.

We catually have a Summer's worth of Customer cars already scheduled but we'll try to find a few extra hours to work on the GT40.

I thought I'd show you a few new pictures of it.

Archie

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2003 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
is there going to be an interior kit with it too? it would be a shame to have a stock interior and a flat out perfect body like that with it..

So have you decided on the body color yet? Do you think a 6 foot 3 incher could fit?

Im saving money, but i dont know what for yet, and this may be it.. you need a tester?!

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2003 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie , Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of the July 2003 Edition of "Automobile " magazine . One look at the cover and you'll know why I suggusted you pick up a copy .

Were you interested in the book " Ford GT 40" by Trevor LeGate ?

Galen Smith
Red '85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

[This message has been edited by fierogsmith (edited 06-14-2003).]

vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2003 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
OH MY GOD !!!!!!!
It is beautiful (but change the hood vents to something
a little rounder around the edges to match the overall
rounded feel of the body)

------------------
84 Fiero Turbo Vortec 4300 Phantom GT
L35 block
Syclone Intake and ECM
T04B H3 Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/id/vortecfiero

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

[This message has been edited by vortecfiero (edited 06-14-2003).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
^^^

What's the status of this project. My buddy at Ford wants one.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Why would anyone want to make a nice looking GM look like a ford?
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Why would anyone want to make a nice looking GM look like a ford?

Because that Ford comes with a $100,000 price tag?

Because that Ford has a racing history of beating Ferraris on a race track?

Because otherwise its just another base model Fiero?

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
But with that body it still won't have a $100,000 price tag
It still won't beat ferraris (They were an old model anyways Ferraris have come a LONG way since then)
And even a base Fiero looks better than ANY ford
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock