Rotary engine in Fiero? by Smooth 88coupe
Started on: 11-12-2003 01:50 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: jimtesla on 11-18-2003 11:38 PM
Azriel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2003 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post
Bah, get $5500 together, streatch you fiero 12 inches or so, and drop a skyline in it. Skylines are all wheel drive, but you can use them without the rear wheels being driven. These would be you front wheels. The nissan skyline can hop off a dyno with no internal mods. Just turbo tweaking.

The $5500 dollar ammount mentioned is the going rate for a skyline chopped off at the dash. all required electronics included. You are literally buying half of a brand new car.

If you wanna get stupid, do it right. =P

IP: Logged
Smooth 88coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smooth 88coupeSend a Private Message to Smooth 88coupeDirect Link to This Post
Well... I dont know who to believe. My friend stays he has a book and some engineer telling him that there are rotary engines pushing over 30,000 RPM. I do find that very unbelieveable. He also says that the engine doesnt have injectors. I would like to see if this could be done. I would think that you could find an engine and transmission that would work in a Fiero. It might take some time but would be nice. Maybe try to work out some of the bugs in the engine.

BTW- I didnt mean to imply that the RX7 has a rotary engine that can rev up to 30,000 RPM. That space shuttle fuel turbopump: I wonder if you put wings on it would fly? Hehe.

Smooth 88coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smooth 88coupeSend a Private Message to Smooth 88coupeDirect Link to This Post
bump
Smooth 88coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smooth 88coupeSend a Private Message to Smooth 88coupeDirect Link to This Post
I have the book. The rotary engine puts out 3 times as much power as a piston engine would. A rotary engine with two shafts/chambers would, in theory, put out as much power as a V6. It is also less weight. Also it only has two moving parts meaning that if you get a good specimen than you would almost never have to work on it. I am still looking as to where I can find out if the engine can RPM up to 30,000. I am sure that if I really wanted to I could rig a transmission up to the engine and it would work in the car.

Let me know if you think this would be a worthy project.

Shadow_Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow_WolfSend a Private Message to Shadow_WolfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

So what if the engine can spin to 30,000 RPM, who here is going to put their Getrag behind that? 15,000 RPM, and you've still got the same problems...

You wouldn't get to 15,000 in a Getrag! They're only rated for 7! If you treat it nice, you might get it to 8!

jimtesla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimteslaSend a Private Message to jimteslaDirect Link to This Post
Wow rotary talk on a fiero board......

I have an 85 GSL-SE limited edition first gen puts out 135 stock ponies......it has the improved 13b 6 port.... theses engines should go 300,000 miles.....I have 92k....
My co-worker has 420,000 on his orig engine......
I am about to ditch the the rats nest and put on a race exsaust.....a fiero electric fan conversion......and I should be at 170hp

if I go to a holley 650 carb set up I could top out at 200 hp...the most for my stock port engine......

If I do a street port to the engine and a turbo kit from rotaryshack.com........I could go anywhere up to 500hp.......

Robert at the shack has a 700 hp first gen........

In september......Mazda R&D had Sevenstock
again........Largest Rotary Car show in America........They are putting rotaries in everything.....The hottest is to get an older datsun and put a 13b in it......no emissions.......Next year Mazda will be bringing back the RX7.....bigger and badder....watch out world......The miata will also get a rotary option.....

The rotaries get bad raps........You have to watch the oil level.........dont run low .....change them every 2to 3k and dont overheat them........They will run forever......

Would love to see somebody try this......

I am just looking to get into the fiero world
Dont have one yet........

Jim

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay