Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  some one pleeeease help me!!! andretti fiero???

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

some one pleeeease help me!!! andretti fiero??? by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 11-09-2003 12:52 AM
Replies: 23
Last post by: RAREW66 on 11-12-2003 06:08 PM
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
so im looking to buy a new fiero and there is a guy by my house who onws three. i have nocked on his door atleast 20 times during all times of the day but he is never ever home or doesnt answer.
he has a fiero he has had sitting for like 5 years in his driveway all sunfadded and its red with black stripes on it. its a fastback with t tops. and it has a special paintjob with the name michael andretti in it. today i decideed to get a closer look and i noticed a few things like a dash plauque and it said 204t. the back also said that and on the dash plaq it had a number i dont remember exactly but it was like x0001 so i guess that means the first of somthing. i also looked at the gauges and noticed that inside the tach there is a factory looking boost gauge! what kinda dang fiero is this? i know its turbocharged for sure its got a boos gauge that loooks factory stock also the decklid has a cutout like skitimes vent but without the window in it. the thing is all sun faded and it has 1100. thats right one thousand and one hundred miles on it. but its fadded to hell from sitting.also it has current tabs but i dont think its moved for years. anyone know anything more about this fiero? I wish I could buy it from him.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
ok i just looked it up in yahoo and found this!!!!

OF INTEREST---Have you ever heard of a Fiero model called the “Delta-204T” or the “Michael Andretti Special” ? This was taken off the internet Fiero List recently:

It seems in 1988 a couple of guys started a small company called “Red Line Shift”. They would take brand new 88 GT 5-sp and swap the engine for a 2.0 turbo used in the Grand AM. They called them the Delta 204T or the Michael Andretti Special (it’s unknown what the connection was to Michael Andretti). This made a fast car but the engine had a problem of warping the head if overheated. It is believed the company only did two cars before Fiero stopped production which put them out of

business. It is rumored that those two cars are still in existence. They are thought to be in California. If you have seen one or know anything about them, let us know.

Kenn Anderson of Hastings, MN reports he now has a 4.9 Cadillac engine-trans.-wiring. I don't ’now what he is going to put it in, but we will probably find out soon!

I know where the number one of only 2 ever made and is rumurd to be in exsistance is!!!
its sat there so long I wonder if the guy would sell it to me??

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
keep trying leave your name and number in his door, plz get some pics man

------------------
85 se Black 5spd manual trans
3.1v6 In Progress

AIM: INSOMNIA6ZERO
E-Mail: INSOMNIA6ZERO@yahoo.com

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
wow! if you get it, cool. if you don't, I guess that's cool, too (since the owner probably wants to keep it), but get us some pics!
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
I had pics of it posted on here before in a thread where i posted pics of every fiero i could find in my area and city. like 32 or so of them. there prolly in archives by now. all see if i can get more pics tho.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I remember you posting about that car, before.
Did it look something like this?

Here's a little more info.
These were all scans from a magazine article that someone sent to me.

I have these and a few more pages in a big zip file. If anyone wants them, let me know. I may wait a day to see if there is a lot of interest. This file is huge. I don't want to send it out a bunch of times.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-09-2003).]

ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post
Stick a letter under the cars wiper! Say your interested in the car, and just want to know a bit about it.

------------------
In Toronto crusin' it up in the V6...

88220gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88220gtSend a Private Message to 88220gtDirect Link to This Post
and I thought the Indy was rare.. psh

can ya send me that zip file?

------------------

"Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them, and if you throw a little alchohol in the mix they'll rock your world"

88220gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88220gtSend a Private Message to 88220gtDirect Link to This Post

88220gt

369 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Bump?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88220gt:

can ya send me that zip file?

Sure. Is your email addy correct?
Will it handle a 2.5 Meg file?

Borgio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BorgioSend a Private Message to BorgioDirect Link to This Post
The weight distribution was "44/64%" ????
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
thats the fiero!! he has number one! and it is just fadding in the sun wasting away!
i have left my number multiple times and i have nocked on his door the last 2 years i dont think he wants to be botherd. by the way cruisng the neigborhood lastnight i found a gay that ownes 3 fieros also. i never seen before
turbotoad

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

by the way cruisng the neigborhood lastnight i found a gay that ownes 3 fieros also. i never seen before

Gays owning Fieros!!! Well I quess there's nothing wrong with that....LOL

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to own that Andretti Fiero....

I'd might even consider trading my 88 GT T-Top V6 for that car... Probably not, though. That's a nice find.

kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

[This message has been edited by Kelvin Vivian (edited 11-11-2003).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
A 4 cylinder that does 0 to 60 in about 6 seconds! Cool

I'd order one if they were still available.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
The best thing to do is slip a note under his door...every day for the rest of his life until he gives in!
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

A 4 cylinder that does 0 to 60 in about 6 seconds! Cool

I'd order one if they were still available.

JScott, you had better post some timeslips to back them words up!!

I'm keeping my eyes open for a t-top frame, so that I can convert my daily driver 85 base coupe into a T-Top fiero. I have all the seals and everything, just need the frame.
kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
KV - I wish I had a frame for you, I have seen about a half-dozen t-top kits come through here in the last year, but they are all high dollar. If you could only find a trashed out t-top with cut seals.

And about that timeslip...I said ABOUT 6 secs

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
88220gt...

Your email addy bounced the message.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
he is letting the car fade away and becaome batteringly ugly. I dont understand if he owns three fieros he would prolly understand this is a pretty valuable fiero and rare. but if he does why let it sit and go to waste and be ruined? he has a yellow fiero he always has coverd up but this one he lets go to waste? dang i want it!
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Raydar >> you have a PM
PFF
System Bot
GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Get the VIN number. May find out more about it.
Or just walk up to the car with a big hammer... he'll probably come out.. LOL
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
but this one he lets go to waste? dang i want it!

Steal it!

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
That engine looks very familiar.

The engine in the 204T looks very similiar to what is in the Prototype Test Indy Pacecar. If that engine was a production engine from Europe, then a replica of the test car might be possible to duplicate.

Apparently they did some more engine development. The test car was running 12-16 psi boost and repeatedly dropped the lower end. I see the 204T uses only 8psi.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
http://www.heartlandfieros.com
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 275,000 miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver
88 GT 5 spd Annette's Daily Driver

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C