Replies: 16
Last post by: Adrift on 11-05-2003 01:34 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I got myself WinALDL and didn't want to mess with Excel just to view the captured data. So I wrote a nice little program that can graphically view data captured with WinALDL.

This is version 0.0-1, which means it's still an alpha version. Expect some more options and changes soon.

The software is provided as-is, so it has no manual, nor a help file. Just play around with it a bit, it's pretty self-explanatory.

You can download ALDLView v0.0-1 here (1.9Mb).

Enjoy.

Edited so link points to new version

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 08-15-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wingman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanDirect Link to This Post
excel doesnt work on my laptop,so a big thank you cliff
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

So I wrote a nice little program that can graphically view data captured with WinALDL.

You are kind of like the Computer Programmer version of SkiTime. Where do you two get all the talent? Is there anything you CAN'T do with a computer??

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
You ROCK Cliff!

------------------

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2003 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Cliff,
Here's hoping you write a winaldl version that runs on a pocket pc. The palm version that requires a $65 cable doesn't quite cut it.

Nice work on the display program :>

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Cliff!
Must be nice to be talented like that!
Much appreciated.

------------------
Raydar

88 3.4 coupe. 17s, cut springs 'n all.

USFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2003 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFiero1Send a Private Message to USFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Wow.. Thanks Cliff. Going to try it right now!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
There's a new version up: ALDLView v0.1-1.

What's new in v0.1-1

• Ability to Zoom In/Out on the graphics (from 100% to 1000%)
  • If zoomed in, you can horizontally scroll through the graphics
  • Better fill feature
  • Auto scaling. The pogram now calculates the best scaling for both the vertical and horizontal axis
  • Few bug fixes

You can get the new version here (1.9Mb).

If you already had the previous version installed, please uninstall that version first.

Here's a screenshot of the current version:

FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceDirect Link to This Post
I have no clue what any of that means.

------------------

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
That looks really cool, but is there an idiot's guide to WinALDL somewhere?
BDF88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2003 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BDF88GTSend a Private Message to BDF88GTDirect Link to This Post
uh... what is that? Sensor reader that plugs into fiero computer via cable hookup?
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2003 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BDF88GT:

uh... what is that? Sensor reader that plugs into fiero computer via cable hookup?

Well, WinALDL is. ALDLView simply displays the data in graphical format. Do a search on WinALDL, you'll find a lot of threads about it.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Say Cliff, does your program allow superimposing any data with any other data? Say, MAP vs BPW, or MAP vs TPS?

Also, I think it would be great to be able to view the BLM and INT tables as 3-D so that one could be a better snapshot view of where the ECM is having to do short term and long term rich/lean adjustments.

JazzMan

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Say Cliff, does your program allow superimposing any data with any other data? Say, MAP vs BPW, or MAP vs TPS?

Do you mean as displayed in the screenshot above, where you can see more than one dataset displayed in the same graph? If so, then, yes.

Also, I think it would be great to be able to view the BLM and INT tables as 3-D so that one could be a better snapshot view of where the ECM is having to do short term and long term rich/lean adjustments.

Ok, I'll have a look at how difficult that is to make.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 08-17-2003).]

bobmarshall

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2003 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmarshallSend a Private Message to bobmarshallDirect Link to This Post
Where can I purchase an interface cable for my Handspring Trio?
Olorin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OlorinSend a Private Message to OlorinDirect Link to This Post
Wow thanks Mr Pennock! You 0wn man, you've got a great forum and I just wanted to thank you for your support!
Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That's super-duper neat! Now if I could only figure out how to use my ALDL readings to diagnose my idling problem...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock