Started on: 06-29-2003 11:15 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Kento on 06-29-2003 09:55 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I just wanted to share my observations as a newbie and relay a story involving my experience with fellow fiero owners.

About 2 months ago I found myself in somewhat of a fiero crisis. I am originally from Ohio, but moved to Florida in 99 and unfortunatly had to leave my fiero behind as my wife and I could only manage to bring down our other 2 cars at the time.

Since I had planned to sell the car anyway it was no big deal. But since that time I had
changed my mind and had become interested in
the fiero again and planned to keep it.

Well the car was at my parents home, and since I was not there and driving it I had let the registration lapse and obviously things go bad over time and it needs work. Well the city they live in recently began a crackdown on unlicensed and Junk (bite your tongue !) or inoperable vehicles.

Even though the vehicle was on their property it had to be licensed or garaged. Well garaging was a possiblity but first my dad, had a major cleaning out to do in the garage to get it done,...and problem was he had recieved a warning giving him just a few days to get it done.

Faced with a do or die dilemma I rememered reading on the forum how willing other members were to help other fiero owners out who were in a bind.

WIth this in mind I contacted the Southwestern Ohio Fiero Association with a last minute plea for help.

A very nice lady by the name of Kathy responed promptly and offered any help she could provide including a place to temporarily store my fiero until I can find a way to transport it to florida.

Mind you she had never met, spoken to, or even heard of me before.

I was stunned. Luckily I did not have to bother her as some relatives help my dad ready the garage and they beat the deadline, but it was just amazing how eager she was to help a fellow fiero owner.

Just wanted to say thanks formally Kathy.
And she is not the only one,..Day in and Day out there is a great sharing amongst owners....Fiero folk are just great people !

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
Well said I agree completly we are a rare breed of car owner.
Indy-2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indy-2M4Click Here to visit Indy-2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Indy-2M4Direct Link to This Post
OMG, Tony! I had no idea this was you! Good to see you on here!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I have been wondering how you were doing and how the Fiero is doing as well.

That is what S.O.F.A. is all about...helping each other. If you are ever up this way, give us a call and we would love to meet with you.

Kathy
Edited to add I still think it would have been great to see Shaq in your Fiero!
------------------
Kathy
Southwestern Ohio Fiero Association http://sofa8488.netfirms.com

[This message has been edited by Indy-2M4 (edited 06-29-2003).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2003 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
It takes a community to keep a Fiero running
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
When I thought I had blown my motor I received two offers for running 2.8 and all I had to do was go pick them up. It turned out that I didn’t need them but it was a very nice offer. I have also been given parts when I could not find them. It also is nice to pass it along, I have sent parts out as far as Texas.
I would not have one running Fiero if it was not for PFF. I now have 3 and they are all in running condition.
If you need ask, if you have pass it along.
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
About 2 months ago I found myself in somewhat of a fiero crisis. I am originally from Ohio, but moved to Florida in 99 and unfortunatly had to leave my fiero behind as my wife and I could only manage to bring down our other 2 cars at the time.

Hey there and Welcome. If you are available, the Central Florida fiero club meets this coming thursday at Courtsey Pontiac in Longwood. Feel free to join us.
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com/

Welcome to the Rat Race..err I mean Disney!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock