rice, whats wrong with them? by quikSIX
Started on: 08-20-2003 12:05 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: yashmack on 08-24-2003 03:18 PM
quikSIX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quikSIXSend a Private Message to quikSIXDirect Link to This Post
ok today after school me and my girl were going to the exhaust shop to get an estimate for new exhaust, on the way there i saw my friend turning so i honk at her and get in the other lane, behind this new celica with a body kit on it, the kid goes to my school and mommy and daddy bought it for him, anyway i pulled up next to him and his buddy asks me if i was honking at them, and i said no, so he says you better not be honking at us, so i get behind them and they get over to get on the highway so i slow down and he starts saying s*!t, and the last thing he says is follow us and and you and that piece of sh!t can get its a$$ beat, that pissed me off so i was like alright all race ya, so i get in front of him and took off at the end of the on ramp and leave him behind about 10 cars, and then he runs from me knowing that i can't get off, and thats the last i saw of him that day, but whats wrong with these people?

sorry, just had to vent.

------------------
86-2m6

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post
heh, dont worry man thats common. Especially in Richmond B.C., any given day you can get a rice car to race your fiero and you'll school em easily.

Rice rule #1 : the more stickers and the bigger the spoiler the faster the car is!!!

[This message has been edited by fierokit (edited 08-20-2003).]

88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
I raced a friend yesterday. I was in my 88 2M4 and he has a T-bird with the 4.6L v-8 Thru 1st gear I kept up with him but when I shifted into 2nd he ran away from me. his T-bird in first gear tops at 50 mph before it shifts.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierokit:

Rice rule #1 : the more stickers and the bigger the spoiler the faster the car is!!!

You forgot part 2 of that rule: the bigger the fartcan is, the faster the car is

N2OInferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N2OInfernoSend a Private Message to N2OInfernoDirect Link to This Post
And rule #3. Yellow is fast. Paint everything on your car yellow, and it will go faster.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
I dont guys, I hated imports, till I just helped my friend swap and H22 into an Accord, the H22 is a high po Japanese motor that only came in Preludes, H22 DOHC Vtec, Wow all I can say is Im gonna get him and Rbeaubian to race @ Speedworld here in Phoenix, I think The Accord will take Robert. I know it will take my brand new 2.8L V6. Robert has the 3.8L 3800 Series II SC.

Adam

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
Well, I really have nothing against 'rice'... I just don't like the idea that they usually go for all looks and sounds and don't have the balls to back the car's appearance up. I knew a guy who had an Accord with a Prelude engine in his car, and that's cool... Sticking fast-looking trim and a big muffler on a car that runs 18s at the track... that's just embarassing.
fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post
You think your car is rice? This is how you make a rice car!

1. Spoilers:

The bigger the spoiler the better!

Wouldnt this look awesome on a fiero top? Think of the increased aerodynamics you'll get!

2. Fartcan:

Stop the insanity!

3. Lowered or Raised car with big wheels:

GrandAM can be rice too and The girls own weight will pull the pickup truck to the floor!

[This message has been edited by fierokit (edited 08-20-2003).]

fierokit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierokitSend a Private Message to fierokitDirect Link to This Post

fierokit

162 posts
Member since Oct 2002
4. Get a 4 banger beater car

Yes that is a spoiler on the roof

5. Last step is to do some interior/exterior decorating and useless engine mods. Once you've done these your car will look like these Ricecars!

Now this is an engine swap! So what if you can't see the road.

4 Pedals with non functioning buttons! And yes theres a 4cylinder under the hood

Easiest way to blind the car driver infront of you

You cant get any more rice than this! This is the bomb!

So yes boys and girls you too can join the latest fad of ricing up your car by following these simple steps.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Get used to it.. owning a fiero and getting respect from people around your age is hard! You wouldn't believe how many people come up to me and talk crap or do their little ricer fly by's.

On another note dear lord that grandam has a big freaking wing!!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
hahahahahahahaha.....s t o pp, your killing me..........
PFF
System Bot
Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicDirect Link to This Post

How is that rice?

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
It has nothing to do with the cars, it is the attitude. Many of these cars are quite fast, but they are still hot rod economy cars. In the 1960s the cars would have been Ford Falcons and Chevy IIs, could you make them fast? Yes!! but they were still Ford Falcons and Chevy IIs. The Celicas, Tiburons and (now defunct) Preludes are the ponycars of today, after all only the Mustang remains of the original ponycars. However the attitude that driving these cars somehow makes you superior is the problem.

The Fiero is a car which gets no respect from these guys because it is too distinctive. Peer pressure drives people to express their individuality, as long as it is just like everyone elses individuality, so if you stand out you are instantly a target, so get used to it. I am 47 years old and I don't own a snowmobile, an ATV, an SUV, a minivan or a boat, instead I own a Fiero. You should here some of the crap I have to put up with.

Ira

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierokit:

Nice plumbing on that engine. Now why didn't I think of that when I did my pro street?

Posthumane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PosthumaneClick Here to visit Posthumane's HomePageSend a Private Message to PosthumaneDirect Link to This Post
I think the rally lights on that second from last civic look kind of cool. I don't think that car is done up to excess, looks like a fairly clean mod, and those things really help when driving a twisty little road at night time.

I don't like the people that think their car is the greatest thing on the road just because they put on a body kit and some stickers, but I also don't like people that make fun of a car that has a functional clean mod, just because it's an import 4cyl. Yes the big wings are ugly, and WTF is up with that last body kit? But if putting a CAI, a free flow exhaust, etc increases the power output of the motor, and lowering the car a bit and putting lighter wheels on helps handling, then I have nothing against it. Some people just need to learn to differentiate between the two.

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by quikSIX:

ok today after school me and my girl were going to the exhaust shop to get an estimate for new exhaust, on the way there i saw my friend turning so i honk at her and get in the other lane, behind this new celica with a body kit on it, the kid goes to my school and mommy and daddy bought it for him, anyway i pulled up next to him and his buddy asks me if i was honking at them, and i said no, so he says you better not be honking at us, so i get behind them and they get over to get on the highway so i slow down and he starts saying s*!t, and the last thing he says is follow us and and you and that piece of sh!t can get its a$$ beat, that pissed me off so i was like alright all race ya, so i get in front of him and took off at the end of the on ramp and leave him behind about 10 cars, and then he runs from me knowing that i can't get off, and thats the last i saw of him that day, but whats wrong with these people?

sorry, just had to vent.

Install a V8. I tend to keep my mouth shut about my car, but nonetheless, word's gotten out. Pretty much all the enthusiasts in town know about my car, and nobody wants to race.

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Sweet Jebus I'm rice... I think Im fast...I think Im fast...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
In CA, I'm always asked," is it fast"?, my reply....no its only stock and its very slow. If there still around, I just rump on the gas as I'm leaving.
Really there is no way to avoid them even if you go to the track, there still will be someone "new" who wants to race you...next please!
Solution..get a expensive German or Italian car..that way if they dare ask, you can just look down on them and reply, "I dont need to race, and I have nothing to prove".
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
OOO..OOO..OOO

I think it's time for a shamless plug for my website, it's got rice all over it, in fact that's what it's deicated to, or at least making fun of that crap. here it is:

www.rice-a-size.com

Go visit and let me know what you think.

Eric

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post
Seems people get rice and Tuners mixed up a Ricers Adds All teh looks while a tuner builds for speed Altho most tuners Appear rice
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ancaster:

Seems people get rice and Tuners mixed up a Ricers Adds All teh looks while a tuner builds for speed Altho most tuners Appear rice

Thank you! I'm kinda a tunner (no go fast parts or really annything on mine yet) so don't be dissin the tuners . Well, some you can, like FWD...lol...but ricers are all show (well, they look...ok...some of them), tuners are mostly go, and the body mods are for FUNCTION, not just look! lol. And tuners atleast kinda know what they are doing, ricers, bone stock and take their cars to shops, lol.

PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Solution..get a expensive German or Italian car...

German = Kraut
Italian = Pasta Rocket

Tina

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I think its a honda behind all the paint and mega huge ass super bodykit. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Anyways, the only car I don't agree with in the pics above is the orange grand am. I think it looks okay. I know it may be all show and no go, but at least it is done somewhat tastefully. The spoiler isn't ten feet, its low but not too low, and there are no stickers or overuse of the colour yellow lol.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
This car is sweet!

Monza is right, it's NOT the car, it's the owners. The car doesn't go around calling you names or giving you crap, it's the person behind the wheel with the attitude. Remember the kid cruising around Carlisle that got everyone upset?
What about the bunch of Corvette snobs we ran into at the Fort #4 show. They are not ricers by any means, but many of them were just as much a bunch of jerks as it sounds like the few ricers you are talking about.
It only a takes a few to ruin it for everyone else in anything. I have met a lot of nice "ricers" who really enjoy cars and working and modding them just like we do, and I have only bumped into a few jerks.

BTW: Is this considered rice:

Hell yeah! That was the whole point. Does that make myself or Jordan a bunch of jerks just because we choose to have this car look this way?
Of course not. Why? Because our attitude is a positive one.
Ricers are just the next generation of car lovers using the cars of their generation to mod and have fun with. There are going to be a few jerks in any given group just like you unfortunately have with anything when you add a large number of humans to the equation, but there are a lot more that appreciate the time, work and effort put into any car just like most of us do as well.

How are we any better if we label a certain group and then slam and flame them all the time. I bet if they get wind of this great attitude from some of us Fiero people they are going to really think highly of us then aren't they?
Listen to yourselves: "Woo hoo, we are sooo better than those stupid ricers with their decals and big wings."

I am sure that none of you have ever added any decals, or raised your wing or modified your exhaust at all now have you?

I know, next we will get the next great come back about that they ALL put decals on their cars for stuff they don't have, right?
Wrong. Most of them take pride in their cars (just like we do) and make sure the decals that are on it represent what they really have. If the car has a Vtec decal on it, I'll bet ya the car has a Vtec engine in it.
quikSIX obviously just ran into a jerk or two having a bad hair day

Steve

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
All too true about the attitude... I think that's the thing I don't like. Though, also true, not all of them have attitudes. In fact, I recall one guy who only made his car look nice inside and out, lowered and everything, and a bunch of us were just admiring his car when he came up to us. We asked if we could see under the hood, and he was more than happy to oblige (sp?).

About the decals, wings, and exhaust, though... I wouldn't dare add a bigger exhaust unless it would be benificial (not just sound), same with the wing. I want to raise my wing because I've noticed that at the stock height, water droplets seem to stay where they are when I'm moving, indicating to me that it isn't doing much at it's height. In fact, I'm considering taking it off completely. The decals... well... I don't mind it much. It's when they start putting rediculous things on it 'just because' that I'm against, such as Japanese Kanji that even they don't know the meaning of, or English words written in Japanese Katakana just because everyone else is doing it. Club names, stuff under the hood, descriptive decals, sponsors, etc... I don't mind those, and actually like them.

Good point about the present-day 'ricers' being a generational thing, though. Never thought about it that way.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

It has nothing to do with the cars, it is the attitude.

The Fiero is a car which gets no respect from these guys because it is too distinctive. Peer pressure drives people to express their individuality, as long as it is just like everyone elses individuality

I agree. It's "monkey see, monkey do" in the ricer world - that's how they express their "individuality".

The kids see my car on the street, THEY LOOK, (sometimes a "thumbs up") but I've never been challenged to a street race yet.

Either my car intimidates them, they already learned a "lesson" from some of the other Fiero owners here, or have seen my car at the track or World of Wheels.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-20-2003).]

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
Its been said many times in this post already and I agree too, its the attitude. A lot of them have the reverse attitude we do. We don't like them because they mod imports and try to make it seem like they are fast. Some of us do the same with domestics.

I can respect what has been done to these cars as long as the owner has put work into it themselves. I don't have any respect for the guys (or girls) going around acting like they are better than others because of the car they own when all they have done is dumped money into other peoples laps to have them do work to the car. I am glad to say that I actually work on my car and know whats what in an engine and can sort through some of the BS I hear out there.

But one thing I love about them is this... and I know some of you out there can relate. These ricers do what they do for the attention, their cars are their so they can attract attention, and so they do. What I really love is driving by a bunch of them hanging out in the parking lot or whereever and having them all stare at MY car when I drive by. Its a great feeling because I purposely avoid making eye contact or looking at their cars when I drive by. I just think it will fuel their ego so I try to avoid such actions.

------------------
Alex

1987 GT 2.8 V6

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

that wing looks like the one on a couple fieros i've seen on the forum!

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
I live in a small town of about 10000 souls, even here you get some genuine tuners and some that just look good. I have no issue with either. I don't like the attitude displayed by some of them but for the most part they just like cars, something most people haven't done in a while.

Now there are a couple of very sad examples of bad taste that makes me want to look the other way ( usually they have "Fear This" in their back windows of some crapped out '80s Cavalier sedan or Mustang straight six, BTW the "Fear This" sticker does in fact work because when I see these cars it truly scares the hell out of me) but these represent a very small group of people who do not understand how to be cool, but try hard anyway.

Examples from around here, a 1999 Prelude with 17" Konig wheels, complete performance exhaust (including header), real cold air intake and a very tasteful body kit with no wing, pearl white with no decals, runs 15.1 in the 1/4 mile, at the other extreme end a 1994 Dodge Neon, with two wings and the side sunshades, originally blue but painted yellow with rattle cans so it is actually now a spotty yellow green, very sad. As for attitudes, there are some who display the air of superiority but most just want to have fun and enjoy their cars.

Ira

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I really don't mind what one does to there own car. But as a whole I have found ricers to have a additude like they have a big chip on there shoulder, most of them think they are bada$$e$. I had one tail gating me on the Interstate, we exited at the same exit and he pulled up beside me and started cussin me left and right. First off I don't take kindly to anyone cussing at me. We where stoped in traffic at a red light and he had no where to go so I unfolded this ole 6' 4" body out of the little Fiero and that was all it took for him to hit those remote windows and door locks as fast as he could !!!
Don't get me wrong now, I have met some decent ricers. I will even race them but it is on my terms. We find some back roads with a lot of twists, rules are simple you can lead or follow , if I can't leave you or stay with you in a given distance then you win. But game is over if you can not stay within your lane in the curve .
yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
ok, since we're baching rice, I gotta post this, just found it today, lol

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock