Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lambo style door hinges are now available (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lambo style door hinges are now available by Chief
Started on: 12-04-2002 08:54 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: rogergarrison on 09-24-2003 05:27 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

I PASS! Dosen't look good to me. I don't think the one in the video is set right. Plus all the additional mods you have to do. Not worth it at all.

I think a Gull Wing concept would be more pratical.

IP: Logged
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
OK, guys... here's the scoop.

I spent about an hour on the phone with the designer behind these hinges and let me say that I am EXTREMELY impressed. The amount of time and thought that went into this is staggering to me. I'm in 1000%

First... the block in the picture isn't holding the door up. It's just sitting in there.

Second... the door sits flush and in it's stock position.

Third... It's adjusstable. You can adjust the angle of the hinge and the power of the strut. You can also get a lineal actuator if you want to avoid gas struts.

Fourth, he's currently developing a plug'n'go version of the electronic kit.

I'm soooooo going to get one of these. He has thought of EVERYTHING and is EXREMELY eilling to help with any questions.

He did say that we could split a kit and get 2 driver's side hinges...

Email me at agaricx@agaric.net if you want to go halvsies.

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
Having installed a convertible kit myself, I do not fear this mod. However, once my initial excitement wore off, I realized there are some questions that they need to answer about the kit:

1) Please give us some video of a person getting in, and out of that car at ground level.

2) How about a picture of the door opening from the inside-view?

3) Show me the window-to-rubber seal up close. I had to do a few hours of work to get my convertible to seal perfectly. Fortunately there's a lot of adjustability built in to the Fiero's window system. I'd like to see pics of the door closed, and just barely starting to open, and just barely starting to close to see whats going on with that.

4) The instructions in the PDF are pretty much useless. Some good photographs of the door jambs, the striker and latch area, the hinges and struts and anything that has to be cut out of the door to make room for struts etc. I know, I know its "adjustable" but its best to have something to start from and go from there.

5) Is this reversible? If it doesnt turn out as cool as I want, or if I decide to put it on a different car eventually, have I ruined the mounting points for my stock hinges and striker? Thats important! Who cares about the door itself-- those are easily replaced.

Before I saw this I was thinking about how it could be done. I concluded it would be a REAL trick. I cant believe they pulled it off! Congrats! I've also been pondering a gullwing. Like I say-- once you've done a convertible, nothing scares you! :o)

Someone who's buddies with the StreetDreams people needs to pass these questions/concerns along so that I, and people like me, can decide if we should regain our enthusiasm for this sissor-door kit again!

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2002 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I think we need some many details of this. So far it is great. But after reviewing so forth, I think we want answers from every aspect of it just to be sure. If we do want to switch back to the original openings of the doors can it be done all that! What we need is definitely more pics of all this. Get the street dream guys on the Forum and have them impress us even more!

Amir

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2002 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top...
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2002 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Gullwing? There's not even a frame at the top of the door.. You going to have support bars behind the glass? That would be REAL hideous..
cadaver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2002 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only one that noticed in the video tha window is NOT up all the way. Obviously so it will clear the a pillar. That is reason enough not to do the kit. How do you park it in the rain. With the window down?
vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2002 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post
If you look at the block that is holding up the door and where it is located you can tell that there is very little room to get in and out.
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Support Street Dreams! They are offering something new to the Fiero community.

Not long ago someone posted a picture from a Quebec import show with a silver custom Fiero with a similar hinge setup. People couldn't stop drooling over it, some wanting to know if a kit was available, and now that there is some of you want to nit-pick it.

Since when must everything custom must also be fully functional or comfortable for everyday use? Does it have to be? Who says?

As far as fit and function, it's just like kit cars, a lot depends on how good of a builder and craftsman you are.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
It's just something different someone may want on thier car. Besides that, I have a hard time getting in and out of my Fiero with the stock doors, that's why the seat cover is wore out now LOL. Everyone have a Great Day Thanks Gary
cadaver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tigger:

Support Street Dreams! They are offering something new to the Fiero community.

YOu support them. Just because they are offering something new doesnt mean squat. At least make it somewhat functional.

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cadaver:

YOu support them. Just because they are offering something new doesnt mean squat. At least make it somewhat functional.

I totally agree!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I'd rather have flying dolorean doors.

------------------
-Kyle
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Fiero Notchback 4cyl.
1990 POS Cavalier

[This message has been edited by arte444 (edited 12-09-2002).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
It think that these Lambo style doors look out of place on a Fiero, serve no practical purpose and are quite ugly. Just my opinion!

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Dennis,

Yeah, but you don't like power steering either, you sicko! (j/k)

I actually have mixed emotions on these doors. The gee whiz factor would be hard to beat. I don't see that they'd be any harder to get in and out of than a regular Fiero door in a parking lot when you couldn't open the doors all the way.

But, kind of like Dennis, I'm not sure they fit the car.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

It think that these Lambo style doors look out of place on a Fiero, serve no practical purpose and are quite ugly. Just my opinion!

cadaver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I actually have mixed emotions on these doors. The gee whiz factor would be hard to beat. I don't see that they'd be any harder to get in and out of than a regular Fiero door in a parking lot when you couldn't open the doors all the way.

John Stricker

True getting in and out when you cant open the door enough does suck. But its not each and every time. Like on the street or in my driveway where the coolness doesnt make any difference I still will have to fight it.

tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i dont think i could see those doors on a stock fiero... but i think i can see those doors on my GT
i like them.. and once i get the $, im going to order them (hopefully, this 88 coupe is sold, then i can get them!)
I would buy those hinges, just have them open up like that, i dont care much for how doors open on the car, but it adds the "wow thats neat" onto the car.. and my car is going to be a show car when finished, so... for me, i love them and im going to order them.. if anyone is going to order them.. shoot me a PM, cause i talked to him, and he said he would knock off 15% if we get a group order...
later all
Jason

------------------

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

I'd rather have flying dolorean doors.

DITTO!! For any who are interested and love that movie as much as I, can get the whole trilogy set on december 19 on dvd. Its supposed to have lots and lots of extra stuff.. Sorry just thought I'd add this.

------------------

Red 86 SE 2.8

Rate me if I've helped or just if you liked my responce.

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vassago12:

If you look at the block that is holding up the door and where it is located you can tell that there is very little room to get in and out.

Um, go back to the top and re-read the first post. The block is NOT holding up the door.

Also, for those who say the door (in open position) covers most of the opening, thus making it hard to get in/out - I do not believe that is the case. It is simply the angle at which the photo was taken. In fact, I know that's what it is - take a CLOSE look at it.

It would still be nice to see some more pics, like sealing / actual opening from the side.

As far as this looking good (or not) on a Fiero - most of us are trying to make our cars as exotic as we can. Does it get any more exotic than this? I don't think so.

You don't have to buy the product if you don't like it but someone has spent many hours coming up with something unique for the Fiero community - please don't knock it.

------------------

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Whoa, ruffle someone's feathers did I?

I'll have to remember that when you or Smoooooth GT ever offer anything new.

Well said Voytek!

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Like Stricker, I see both sides to this. First: for a long time, people have imagined making this possible on Fieros. Now, it appears someone has done it. Yes, we need to see more angles and to fill in the blanks with more information, but apparently it works and they're showing it to us. Second: no, it doesn't look real great on that car, IMO, but as said above it just might look fantastic on the right car. Third: this is the place for opinions, so if you don't like it you should be able to say so.

Fourth: BTTF trilogy on DVD with extra stuff? Now I GOTTA get me a DVD player! Sam's Club, here I come!

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ok... I think it's cool. Everytime someone posts a pic of a Fiero with "scissor" doors, people rave about it (even if it's super-riced or photoshopped).

how many people asked about this pic (yes...this one is photoshopped)

yes... this one is riced, but unique.
original thread here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-016514.html

Personally, I think it's quite the cool mod. I'd like to see more details/info before I spend my cash on it (and I'd like a complete motorized version capable of lowering the windows a touch for entry & exit).

For those that don't like it- that's fine too... you don't have to give them your money!

Keep the info flowing- we're hungry for it! (heck- have you just forwarded them a link to this thread? invite them to sign up and help us answer a few questions).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

This message has been edited for coding errors... hey, nobody's perfect

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 12-10-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001
This was just posted in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024346.html

Originally posted by strdream:

To start with let me explain. This is not a show car or a finished product, It is a Junker that I could cut up to proto-type this setup on and to prove that it can be done. There are several ways to address each of the concerns that where stated in the previous thread. That is what building a custom car is all about. It is an expression of the Design, Imagination, Talent, skill and Engineering of the creator. To simply buy something, open the box, bolt it on, is what I call a "Cookie Cutter Custom".

There are a lot of things that I would do to this car before I would call it Good and there are a lot of different ways and different levels to which they could be done.

I could design and build a hinge that would bolt right in to the Fiero and do the job, but I didn't think the market would support the cost of development. I would have to sell that kit for Like $3,000.00. Are there any takers?

This kit can work on any car and allows the builder to exercise their own skills and build a true custom. If you are looking for a cheap way to this, than you have to figure that there will be some things about it that are not as nice as the more expensive ways. Most importantly it is done to YOUR specs. One of the areas of give and take is the position of the door when it is open. To increase this you may have to have the window down first or modify the roof line, etc.

Building First Class Custom Cars is done by people that have years of experience doing regular work, then they bring it to a higher level.

These are hinges and an installation kit. The rest is up to the builder. And YES it can be done.

As for the Instructions. They are intended to give you the basic principles, parameters, guidelines and factors for you to use in your engineering of the project.

Here is a picture of the door opening from a perspective behind the door. The movies and pictures on our site are photographed from slightly ahead of the door - the vertical beams of the hoist would have obscured the view.

Sincerely
Ross

...just thought I'd add it to this thread (and fix the image link at the same time).

cadaver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post

Well said Voytek!

Please do remember this when I do make something you want.

Like when I started making flush lights? I didnt make them because there were alot asking for them. I made them because I wanted a set and I saw what was out there. And ask anyone that has one of my light kits of the quality or fit or ability to return to stock with no hassle.

Never have seen your name come across my desk to order a set. You never supported me in my new item for fieros. And no you didnt ruffle anything. You dont have what it takes to ruffle me.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2002 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Please do remember this when I do make something you want.

Like when I started making flush lights? I didnt make them because there were alot asking for them. I made them because I wanted a set and I saw what was out there. And ask anyone that has one of my light kits of the quality or fit or ability to return to stock with no hassle.

Never have seen your name come across my desk to order a set. You never supported me in my new item for fieros. And no you didnt ruffle anything. You dont have what it takes to ruffle me.

LOL, what are you talking about? What does a flush headlight kit have anything to do with lambo doors or why I never purchased one?

Little do you know I have recommended your headlight kits to a lot of people I talk to at shows and Fiero meets. I have talked with a few who have them. No, I haven't bought one, you are right on that. Do I have to buy something to be supportive of it.

Since this is getting so far off subject...

Am I not supportive of Archie because I haven't had him do a choptop to my Fiero? I sure don't go out of my way to tell people not to do it because they might bump their head more often getting in & out and will end up with less headroom so that's reason enough not to have Archie chop the top on your Fiero. LOL, NO.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Well said Voytek!

Well, First off..... I said that I agreed about that when a 'new product' is introduced to the Fiero Community does not mean that it is 'quality' and should be admired by all!! I mean that too.....

Tigger, I can't believe that this came from you..... It's just not your style to act like this.... No, you did'nt 'ruffle' anything, Good try though.... All I said was "I agree".... I guess we can't post how we feel anymore...???

This is EXACTLY why I am not introducing anything to the Fiero Community!!!! Too much from people that really don't understand how much work it take's to do something 'custom' like this or even 'custom' like my "Smooth GT".... People alot of time say stuff that they really don't know what they are talking about!
People like Cavader, Joe Torma, Mr. Mike's, Archie, Rodney Dickman, Sage, AusFiero, WCF, Paul Vargas, Darrel Morse, Pat 'FiberSmith', and even Myself.... Try really hard to make stuff for the Fiero and people that 'knock it before you try it' really should try not to 'ruffle' thing's until they try it..... I know that people should try to 'encourage' other's not be negative all the time.
Sorry if I offended anyone by this post.

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

Tigger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2002 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Well, First off..... I said that I agreed about that when a 'new product' is introduced to the Fiero Community does not mean that it is 'quality' and should be admired by all!! I mean that too.....

Tigger, I can't believe that this came from you..... It's just not your style to act like this.... No, you did'nt 'ruffle' anything, Good try though.... All I said was "I agree".... I guess we can't post how we feel anymore...???

People like Cavader, Joe Torma, Mr. Mike's, Archie, Rodney Dickman, Sage, AusFiero, WCF, Paul Vargas, Darrel Morse, Pat 'FiberSmith', and even Myself.... Try really hard to make stuff for the Fiero and people that 'knock it before you try it' really should try not to 'ruffle' thing's until they try it..... I know that people should try to 'encourage' other's not be negative all the time.
Sorry if I offended anyone by this post.

Smooth!!

The quality of Street Dreams hinges are kick ass! The hinges he makes for the lambo kit cars are so cool, I've had one in my hand and didn't want to put it down. I'm sure these hinges are made with the same quality.

This conversion kit isn't going to be a bolt on mod like most here desire and there's nothing wrong with that. It's going to take some talent, skill, enginuity to do it. It's obviously geared for the expert builder. If a novice is considering doing this as their first project they may want to reconsider. Street Dreams came right out in his post that the project will exercise a lot of skill and the hinges will have to be made to fit each individual Fiero. He's not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.

I just feel so strongly about these kits and projects like this. I wasn't calling anyone out.

As far as I know nobody has said you couldn't post how you feel about something here.

I posted how I felt, was I wrong in doing so?

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2002 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Other than the cool factor, I'm still considering these for my next project (and it's not a Lambo, but the body style hasn't been completely finalized yet) for a reason that has reared it's ugly head repeatedly on the Finale.

We use Eibach's on the car and it's lowered about an inch. When we park the car curbside, it is impossible for the passenger to get out of the car at over 90% of the curbs we park at!! The door will hit the curb. We either have to park a good distance away from the curb or simply park elsewhere. Likewise, I try to park in parking lots beside some fixed object like a lightpole, etc., that keeps other cars from parking beside me. If I do that, I have to park closely enough that it makes entry and exit difficult, at best. These doors would take care of that problem as well.

Lowering makes things interesting on the doors and Lambo used these for a reason. I wouldn't like the power actuator, gas springs would be fine.

I do know that I'd like to see one work though, to see how the window comes in and fits. Mixed emotions here, but I see it solving a couple of problems (and creating some new ones).

John Stricker

True getting in and out when you cant open the door enough does suck. But its not each and every time. Like on the street or in my driveway where the coolness doesnt make any difference I still will have to fight it.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2002 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

I posted how I felt, was I wrong in doing so?

Tigger...
No, Not at all.... I want EVERYONE to post how they feel... This is the internet, I take everything with a grain of salt...
I see that you REALLY support Street Dream's, and I am glad to see other people support other's!! The support from other's is how it work's... and the ONLY way it'll work!!

Smooth!!

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2002 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Forget all the BS.......I want a set. They are sooooooooo kewl! Can't afford them now, but as soon as I can and before I repaint my car I'm installing a set! It's worth that much just for the "WOW" factor alone...
..........LOL! Good luck!

Phil

------------------
GTDude
OVER 25 years GM experience

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2002 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTDude:

Forget all the BS.......I want a set. They are sooooooooo kewl! Can't afford them now, but as soon as I can and before I repaint my car I'm installing a set! It's worth that much just for the "WOW" factor alone...
..........LOL! Good luck!

Phil

Ohhh Hush Phil and get to work on your headlight's...LOL

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 12-12-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
brain fart...

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-02-2003).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
(bump) Anything new with this?
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever follow up on these?

------------------

FieroAudio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAudioSend a Private Message to FieroAudioDirect Link to This Post
650 USD?! no way...i can get them for 1/4 of that lol
1fiero_nyt
No longer registered
Report this Post08-11-2003 12:09 AM   Send a Private Message to FieroAudioDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ever modded these to a fiero yet? Or how about pics of those who might be rite now? God I love these things!!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive got a Lambo Diablo. Let me say, the doors are a pain to open, lot bigger pain to close. Once inside, you have to rest your weight on the inside armrest to get it to latch down. Im good at squeezing into tight cars, but this one is a definate hastle. You could easily throw your back out with the way you have to twist and sit. And thats if you can do it without hitting your head. I think they ought to make Lambo kits with your choice of door hinges. Id like it much better if they were conventional. You also end up with a door sill thats almost a foot wide just to get to the seat.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ive got a Lambo Diablo...

Come again?

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Come again?

Will... you must've missed this post https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/033852.html

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2003 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
... So I have to tell people to move over to the right angle to see it is really easy for me to get in my exotic
They even work bad on a real Lambo!!

I have been in a friends Delorean (before he traded it for a porsche 911). When the gasschocks are worn or not right adjusted you wont have to go to the gym!

but NOW the biggest problem: someone's gotta make some bodykit for that ugly underside of the doors!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock