Started on: 05-06-2003 10:35 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: My7Fieros on 05-07-2003 06:35 PM
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
For anyone who cares.

Just a little ZZ3 crate motor with Accel's 1000cfm StreetRam with The programmable DFI and software. Rated at 345hp/390lb-ft. Forged crank, PM rods 9.8:1 C/R, Aluminum heads, roller cam, etc. It also has the ram horn manifolds with the 2 1/2 inch collector from an early Vette and the 4th gen corvette Magnesium Valve covers.

I can't wait until this is sitting 2 feet behind my right ear.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya's!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • chevy S10 Parts Fetcher-getting a new engine to haul my fieros(and others)
  • 87SE V6 auto-L4 to V6 done, Daily Driver
  • My Shower Cam
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierohutch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post
nice ups!

please use it to it's full potential and blow some ricers out of the water for me!

------------------

In search of a 86-88 fastback in Northern IL

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
NICE!! i want one... lol... i also need a job...

Soaper

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
Hey.. Have that nice truck driver swing by my pad and drop me off one also!!! Sweet hunk of metal you got there. I can only imagine what kinda screamer thats going to turn you car into. I need!!!!

------------------

Who ever said working on Fieros wasn't any fun?? They must not of had a rebody!

87gt5speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87gt5speedSend a Private Message to 87gt5speedDirect Link to This Post
........must...... have.......V8.....Fiero.......

------------------
---"Didn't those catch fire?"---
---"Why didn't you get an MR2?"---
---"The engine is WHERE?"---
---Liking Fiero's is a lonely business---

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
NICE... SWEET ASS ENGINE... SO WHEN YOU STARTING...
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking engine! Looks a little familar! Appears to be somewhere around '91 vintage.

Don't know what lift/duration cam is in there, but 1,000 cfm throttle body seems a little excessive. Secondly, there is no way that air cleaner will flow that much air. That throttle body is basically a twin 58mm, which Lingenfelter only recommends for engines over 400hp with ported intake, heads, and excellent headers. I'm currently running the twin 52mm, real strong just a touch rich, while I think mine may handle the 58mm just fine, I have not had the balls to spring for it yet.

Be a little causious that you aren't going to running it too lean.

------------------

Click to Listen!

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
My guy never drops off complete units like that. They're always "do it yourself" kits.

------------------
Boomtastic

FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Dang I knew he dropped it off at the wrong house!
Very nice im jealous!
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Nice looking engine! Looks a little familar! Appears to be somewhere around '91 vintage.

Don't know what lift/duration cam is in there, but 1,000 cfm throttle body seems a little excessive. Secondly, there is no way that air cleaner will flow that much air. That throttle body is basically a twin 58mm, which Lingenfelter only recommends for engines over 400hp with ported intake, heads, and excellent headers. I'm currently running the twin 52mm, real strong just a touch rich, while I think mine may handle the 58mm just fine, I have not had the balls to spring for it yet.

Be a little causious that you aren't going to running it too lean.

CalKid
What are the specs on your cam?

The whole intake is the one that accel makes. TB, plenum, runners and Intake manifold. yes Its way overkill for this motor. But I wont ever have to upgrade the intake side.

The cam is somewhat Mild.
Hydraulic roller
Lift .474" I, .510" E.
Duration @ .050:208º I, .221º E.
plenty of room for improvement.

And yes, that air filter is WAY too small. But it looked cool for the pics. Not sure what I'm going to do for that yet.

I hope to start this by the end of the month.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 05-06-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

CalKid
What are the specs on your cam?
[QUOTE]
I'd have to look them up, it's a TPiS ZZ9. Intake system and heads mildly ported, 1.6:1 stainless steel roller rockers (lighter than alum) w/heavier springs. Basic engine is '91 Corvette with 10:1 compression, of course with a lot of tweaks here and there!

PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
ZZ9 camshaft
Intake Exhaust Advertised duration 282 287
Duration at .050 212 226
Gross lift .483 .520
Lobe separation 112

this is with the 1.5 rockers.
1.6 would make the lift .515intake and .555 exhaust

For others who were interested too.
thanks CalKid

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Kiss man, nice engine. Nice choice and man those are high numbers. Please keep us informed on your progress!

------------------

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
LT-4 HOT CAM!

That's all you need

------------------

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Thats a heck of a UPS guy you have. Keep him around! Maybe he will bring more goodies.

------------------
Fierokid's baby:
R.I.P.V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero
sport coupe

White 1988 Fiero Formula
AIM: Fierokid87
Rate Me Please

2.9L V-6: 2030 Compucam, Darrel Morse Fuel Presure Regulator, 9.5:1 comp, zeroed out ballanced crank, contecting rods matched, MSD 6A ignition box and Blaster GM style coil, Darrel Morse Bored out TB and intake, 19# Mustang Injectors, Removed TB coolant lines, Darrel Morse Dogbone strut, and more to come

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Man! I am going to smack UPS man, he never brings anything that nice.

------------------
Dwayne Mohr
84 SC Red
87 GT 5sp Silver
(Formerly FieroSoul)

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Joe- looks great! Can't wait to see & hear it running. Which car are you putting it in?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

The whole intake is the one that accel makes. TB, plenum, runners and Intake manifold. yes Its way overkill for this motor. But I wont ever have to upgrade the intake side.

The cam is somewhat Mild.
Hydraulic roller
Lift .474" I, .510" E.
Duration @ .050:208º I, .221º E.
plenty of room for improvement.

And yes, that air filter is WAY too small. But it looked cool for the pics. Not sure what I'm going to do for that yet.

I hope to start this by the end of the month.

[This message has been edited by KissMySSFiero (edited 05-06-2003).]

Are you sure that is the Accel intake? It sure looks like the stock TPI unit that dies about 4300rpm.

I wouldn't worry much about it leaning out being that it is a dry flow intake, the feedback system should handle that.

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap Joe Joe! That's bada**! We need to hook up when I cruise over for a Colts home game! How far away are you from the Dome?
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbo86se:

Holy crap Joe Joe! That's bada**! We need to hook up when I cruise over for a Colts home game! How far away are you from the Dome?

3 hours or so North of Indy. Who are the colts? just let me know when. I could meet ya down there.

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Are you sure that is the Accel intake? It sure looks like the stock TPI unit that dies about 4300rpm.

I wouldn't worry much about it leaning out being that it is a dry flow intake, the feedback system should handle that.

Its the accel. It has accel casted into the intake. The runners are siamesed. and the TB is huge. I cant see the underside of the plenum, but the guy had reciepts for it all. It was the $3k system that you see in Jegs and summit. He bought the TPI system with the harness, ECM and software. $3k might be overpriced, but I didnt have to pay that much. Its recommended for engines up to 383Cubes. I dont think I'll have any problems. I dont need a 7k Rpm screamer. I like torque.

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Joe- looks great! Can't wait to see & hear it running. Which car are you putting it in?

Definetly the Yellow formula. I plan on selling the black SE this summer. Should help fund this project. I only want One fiero. I cant afford 2. If I sell the SE by july, I will have no problems finishing for Fierorama. well, finishing the Engine install anyways.

As far as running rich or lean, I dont think thats going to be an issue. Although it may take some time to get used to it, I have the ability to program the ECM via a laptop on the fly, on the dyno or at the track. I gotta learn this DFI. It came with a 100+ page manual on how to do it. We'll see how that goes.

BTW, if you arent jealous yet. I only paid $1700 for the whole package. Came with zz3 motor with under 50k miles. complete TPI injection with Harness, ECM and software. Also had the bigger ram horns. Came with AN braided fuel lines, inline fuel pump and even a fuel filter. It also has a heated Oxygen Sensor and a cheap computer to program it with. The computer is pretty much useless. But it has the original fuel maps, etc on it. The comp is using windows 3.1 I'm just going to pick up a laptop off ebay.

I took the valve covers off and everything it still shiny. Gotta love that. The heads even have screw in rocker studs. Pretty cool. "Dude, I'm stoked"

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Very nice, i think if the guy was to spend 3 grand on an intake, he shoulda got a polished Holley Steath Ram i love that intake....

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2003 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, thats what I want! Thats what you put into a Fiero.. If Im going through the trouble of taking out a 6 cyl engine, the last thing I want to do is put another one back in, supercharged or not, you can have it..big V8 is the ONLY way to go!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock