Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The Real Blazer Master Cylinder Exposed, (11.25 Conversion)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

The Real Blazer Master Cylinder Exposed, (11.25 Conversion) by David Bartlett
Started on: 02-18-2003 07:22 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fiero85GT on 04-17-2003 03:48 PM
David Bartlett

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
Getting the RIGHT master cylinder for your Big Brake Conversion might be a little more difficult then you originally though. As most of you know, Zettner’s instructions call for a 1.125 bore, 92-94 Blazer Master Cylinder. No big problem here, right? Wrong, your local parts supplier might not know the difference between the S-10 Blazer MC and the FULL Size Blazer.

Initially, I got this:

I was a little leery about getting the right MC so I opened it up, and after some help from the Ogre I was able to determine the correct Bore size. Notice its not anywhere close to 1.125.

So I took it back to the parts store and order the correct MC. It’s funny, because I asked him (a different guy from before) for a “94 Blazer, 4x4 MC” and he, without thinking pulled up the part number for the S10 Blazer. I was able to correct him and point out the Full Sized Blazer/Yukon.

And this is what I have now:

Good Luck guys!

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
If I would have seen your other post sooner I would have told you right away it was the wrong MC. I had the exact same problem, I always emphasize the "FULL SIZE" when I tell people what MC to use

------------------
-Brian, Toolmaker
Lincoln, NE
Silver 87' GT- Turbo Charged, Modified 2.8- 235 HP w/ 8 psi Boost, 11.25" brakes.
Maroon 87' GT- 5.7 liter TPI V8, 5-speed

David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Sluppy,

I wonder if there is anyone driving around with the 11.25 conversion and the wrong MC. haha... I bet the same guy is saying how bad the conversion is.

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertDirect Link to This Post
Nice catch Dave. I can see how easy it is to think that you are getting the right one when in fact it's not.
BTW, where did you get it and how much?

[This message has been edited by Bobert (edited 02-18-2003).]

David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Robert,

Canadian Tire, $80.75. Don't forget a refund of $20.00 for a core and your candian tire money... So basically less the $60.

Part number 13-3149-0 or M2219

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information David. I'll keep following your upgrade for the good info.
fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2003 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
My question is , how does this effect a Grand Am upgrade , is this in the same league as the " Big Brake Upgrade " ? Whats the difference ? I thought that V8-Archie used a 92 1/2 Ton P/U MC in his rides . I'm in the process of of doing a Grand Am Up-Grade , just waiting on parts .

Would appreciate some input !

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey David , I think some of the confusion about which '94 Chevy Blazer Master Cylinder arises due to the fact that when you call or visit the Auto Parts store and try to get the right M/C for the Grand Am upgrade the salesperson will tell you the the M/C's for the '94 Full size 4 X 4 doesn't come with an 1" and an 1/8 bore . I've made numerous calls to different auto parts stores , also to the Chevy Dealership .

The M/C for the '94 Full size M/C 4 X 4 , part # M2220 has an 1" and a 1/4 bore , but this M/C is for trucks over 8400 LBS . ( Piston Size ).

The M/C for trucks under 7200 lbs , part # M2219 4 X 4 , part # M2219 has a 1" and a 1/2 bore . ( Piston Size ) .

From looking at the pictures that you posted , great pictures by the way , I'm assumeing that Zettner when he said that you needed to use a '94 Chevy Blazer 4 X 4 Full size M/C with a 1.125 bore was referring to the cone shaped plunger portion of the brake piston shaft .

So part # M2219 is the way to go !!!

Hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion in regard to which ' 94 Chevy Blazer 4 X 4 Full Size M/C to get .

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

[This message has been edited by fierogsmith (edited 04-16-2003).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2003 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
In the old days... before computerized inventory... a "full" size Blazer was called a "K series". I don't know if the tem still applies but maybe that will help.

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Fiero85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2003 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero85GTSend a Private Message to Fiero85GTDirect Link to This Post
Exactly a full size Blazer was a " K " series and the down sized is a " S "...

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

In the old days... before computerized inventory... a "full" size Blazer was called a "K series". I don't know if the tem still applies but maybe that will help.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock